for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Synthes
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Synthes Anonymous board for Synthes

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

I need somebody at Synthes to fess up. Over the years, my facility has been invoiced for items that never seem to reach us -- but I have a feeling that these items are being stockpiled by sales representatives and used as sort of a black market currency to "purchase" other items needed by these reps. MY HOSPITAL PAID FOR THIS EQUIPMENT -- AND SYNTHES EMPLOYEES ARE "BUYING AND TRADING" WITH IT?? Please advise with any additional details you could provide. - Outraged in the Tri-state Area
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

This is a practice common to some very 'successful' reps I know. One of the battles in the field is obtaining adequate instrumentation and implant sets to place in the ever growing expectation of hospital consignment. Great to actually sell sets to hospitals, but the constant generation of income through well placed consignments will win in the end. Some of these shade balls would load hospitals up on excess inventory. Slowly steal it back from the hospitals and use it for 'trade in' to purchase newer implants to consign to another hospital. No wonder why these guys like to have the folks in SPD controlling the inventory and then 'give the extra service' of helping them 'maintain' their inventory. What a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

You absolutely need to report this activity. If this is happening to you it is most certainly happening to others. You can actually be held accountable for not reporting this activity since you do have knowledge of it. Here are the names and numbers of two agencies that will be able to help you with your issue:

1. Christopher Christie U.S. Attorney's office, he specifically handles these types of health care complaints. Your call can be anonymous if you desire.
This number is 609-989-2190.

2. You can also receive help and information with the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This number is 866-633-6585.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

This is the biggest load of crap that I have heard in years. If, in fact, you have evidence of such malfeasance report it to your Sales Consultant's RM or Area VP. This would never be condoned by Synthes. This would be a criminal charge against the individual SC. There is case history here; several years ago two (2) J & J (Depuy) Spine reps in Orange County, CA were found guilty. J & J was absolved of any wrongdoing as it was deemed the actions of individuals.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

This is NOT a load of crap, most synthes consultants do this - who are you, and odd ball? It is common practice to do this and the synthes managers and vps know all about it! Their might be 5-10% of the synthes sales force that does not do this, you must be one!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Bullshit.....synthes is completely aware fo this. They bust the SC's balls to put up numbers in any way, turn their cheek then blame then to cloear their name. Synthes is a fraud. You preach AO ethics yet everyone under the HW is as unethical as they come to save theirown ass and put up numbers. This company will turn their back on you in a second. Beware because I have had SC's, managers, and VP's lie right to my face on numerous occassions. Synthes will get theirs sooner or later then HW will sell the place to Zimmer or the next highest bidder. Synthes management has one and only philosophy........its called CYOA (cover your own ass). Trickle down effect and unfortuantely SC's are teh lowest ppl on the T pole.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is NOT a load of crap, most synthes consultants do this - who are you, and odd ball? It is common practice to do this and the synthes managers and vps know all about it! Their might be 5-10% of the synthes sales force that does not do this, you must be one!!!
I would like to reiterate the "load of crap" comment. This does not happen and if, on rare circumstances it does, the SC will be gone. Trying to say that Synthes condones, or even approves, this practice is ridiculous. People who do this have no integrity and no place in Synthes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

There goes 85% of our sales force then!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I would like to reiterate the "load of crap" comment. This does not happen and if, on rare circumstances it does, the SC will be gone. Trying to say that Synthes condones, or even approves, this practice is ridiculous. People who do this have no integrity and no place in Synthes.
Well, you've said it twice now, so I guess it's gotta be true.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Synthes has always done this practice. They bust the SC balls,harrass him or her to no end. FORCE ACCOUNTS TO PURCHASE TONS OF SCREWS SO THEY CAN TAKE THE INSTRUMENTS THEY EARNED FOR SCRE PURCHASE SND PUT THOSE INSTRUMENTS IN ANOTHER ACCOUNT. They then try to make second account think there getting free instruments for an upcoming purchase. It gor on and on. Ethics and integrity are not what you'll find in synthes . The Coburns and Gennetts, and Hansjorgs of the world will turn their back on a consultant in a second if the shit hits the fan.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

I believe that it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that. A synthes rep is able to get free instruments from Synthes after one of his accounts accrues a certain amount of sales, lets say for 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws. After he sells enough then the "hospital" qualifies for a second set of instruments. New set of instruments comes to the rep (would not want it shipped directly to the hospital). Now, the same rep then goes into a hospital and grabs out of the SIMS cabinet or where implants are kept a few items...lets say a couple of ex fix pin to bar clamps, humeral plate, distal femur plate, a few locking screws, etc (all in the original packaging). The rep then sends the stolen goods back to Synthes and then corporate will then give a credit of about 85% or the original price to the account that the stuff was taken from. Instead of crediting the hospital, the rep tells Synthes to instead send to him in the place of the credit a bunch of 6.5 and 7.3 cannulated screws. The crafty rep then fills the new instrument tray up with the screws. He takes the new tray full of implants to another hospital and says,"Here you go, I am giving you a brand new set of 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws to keep, all you need to do is replace what you use and you can have that set." The other hospital all the while may or may not discover the missing inventory and if they do they then just replace it and the rep gets paid even more. Thats how the Synthes game is played. Any questions?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I believe that it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that. A synthes rep is able to get free instruments from Synthes after one of his accounts accrues a certain amount of sales, lets say for 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws. After he sells enough then the "hospital" qualifies for a second set of instruments. New set of instruments comes to the rep (would not want it shipped directly to the hospital). Now, the same rep then goes into a hospital and grabs out of the SIMS cabinet or where implants are kept a few items...lets say a couple of ex fix pin to bar clamps, humeral plate, distal femur plate, a few locking screws, etc (all in the original packaging). The rep then sends the stolen goods back to Synthes and then corporate will then give a credit of about 85% or the original price to the account that the stuff was taken from. Instead of crediting the hospital, the rep tells Synthes to instead send to him in the place of the credit a bunch of 6.5 and 7.3 cannulated screws. The crafty rep then fills the new instrument tray up with the screws. He takes the new tray full of implants to another hospital and says,"Here you go, I am giving you a brand new set of 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws to keep, all you need to do is replace what you use and you can have that set." The other hospital all the while may or may not discover the missing inventory and if they do they then just replace it and the rep gets paid even more. Thats how the Synthes game is played. Any questions?
This has always gone on. When SC under the gun to move their numbers despite an insane quota your willing to do anything to make quota. The biggest racket Synthes implemwmted was the SIMS system. Partnering with their accoimts to help them run their inventory cabinets. The catch was the -SC had to set it up oe bring a Sims team to help load and manipulate the inventory. What a scam!! SC wouls swipe out cannulated screws, ex-fix clamps etc. ALSO WOULD LET THE CENTRAL SUPPLY KNOW THEY NEED TO DO A RE-ORDE
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I believe that it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that. A synthes rep is able to get free instruments from Synthes after one of his accounts accrues a certain amount of sales, lets say for 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws. After he sells enough then the "hospital" qualifies for a second set of instruments. New set of instruments comes to the rep (would not want it shipped directly to the hospital). Now, the same rep then goes into a hospital and grabs out of the SIMS cabinet or where implants are kept a few items...lets say a couple of ex fix pin to bar clamps, humeral plate, distal femur plate, a few locking screws, etc (all in the original packaging). The rep then sends the stolen goods back to Synthes and then corporate will then give a credit of about 85% or the original price to the account that the stuff was taken from. Instead of crediting the hospital, the rep tells Synthes to instead send to him in the place of the credit a bunch of 6.5 and 7.3 cannulated screws. The crafty rep then fills the new instrument tray up with the screws. He takes the new tray full of implants to another hospital and says,"Here you go, I am giving you a brand new set of 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws to keep, all you need to do is replace what you use and you can have that set." The other hospital all the while may or may not discover the missing inventory and if they do they then just replace it and the rep gets paid even more. Thats how the Synthes game is played. Any questions?
"I believe it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that." And you obviously NEVER worked for Synthes, right? Sure you didn't. Can you say disgruntled ex-Synthes employee.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

I have never worked for Synthes, I am not a disgruntled former employee. I do work for a competitor and know how the game works and do my best to work around/with it. I do not know if the promo plan is still in effect, but its effects will be felt for many years to come for those competing against Synthes. Look, I would be happy as can be if I worked for a company that had a similar plan, not sure I would steal from accounts to the extent that Synthes reps have to game the system, but alas I would love to be able to "give" my accounts sets with the only premise being that they only need to restock what they use. If only the big accounts that have been the workhorse within the Promo plan knew how bad they have been raped to aid Synthes reps in growing business at other hospitals they would have a much different attitude toward Sythes.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is the biggest load of crap that I have heard in years. If, in fact, you have evidence of such malfeasance report it to your Sales Consultant's RM or Area VP. This would never be condoned by Synthes. This would be a criminal charge against the individual SC. There is case history here; several years ago two (2) J & J (Depuy) Spine reps in Orange County, CA were found guilty. J & J was absolved of any wrongdoing as it was deemed the actions of individuals.
Actually and factually, Synthes and its upper management not only condones this activity, but additionally supports fraudulent activity. Synthes would have a hard time denying the existence of the excess inventory exchange program in which, in my best guess, millions of dollars of account over charges every year are shipped back to Synthes for credit their sales force use to procure needed items. Synthes RM, AVP, and President have to sign off on these returns based upon the dollar amount being returned.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Actually and factually, Synthes and its upper management not only condones this activity, but additionally supports fraudulent activity. Synthes would have a hard time denying the existence of the excess inventory exchange program in which, in my best guess, millions of dollars of account over charges every year are shipped back to Synthes for credit their sales force use to procure needed items. Synthes RM, AVP, and President have to sign off on these returns based upon the dollar amount being returned.
That's not a very good guess. The excess inventory program is one that helps hospitals turn old unused equipment into newer usable items. If the hospital is being "over charged" it would not continue to go on for millions of dollars without being discovered. It is one of the many things that sets Synthes apart from the competition. So it comes as no surprise that competitors are crying foul. I've gained great favor with my accounts from this program. (And I've never over charged)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That's not a very good guess. The excess inventory program is one that helps hospitals turn old unused equipment into newer usable items. If the hospital is being "over charged" it would not continue to go on for millions of dollars without being discovered. It is one of the many things that sets Synthes apart from the competition. So it comes as no surprise that competitors are crying foul. I've gained great favor with my accounts from this program. (And I've never over charged)
To begin, my best guess refers to all hospitals throughout America. There certainly is a positive side to the excess inventory program. However, there is also a corrupt side. Would you deny that many reps bill hospitals for large cannulated drill bits, informing the facility that these large cannulated drill bits for IM Nails are single use only? Would you deny that these same reps never actually exchange out the large cannulated drill bits from the IM Nails Systems, TFN & EX Nails? Would you deny that these same reps would then exchange via the excess inventory program these same large cannulated drill bits for other items to be used to increase sales throughout their territory? Finally, would you deny that this is fraudulent?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

for all you haters get a LIFE!!! SYNTHES is the leader in the industry and its because we have the best products, best consultants, and we are the most reliable in the industry. always have been always will be. its like the yankees. people love to hate the best. the competition has increased but our growth is as strong as ever which is amazing considering all of the competition has copied our stuff over the years and has paid off docs and heavily discounted their products to help grow their business. are we crying that all of our competition pays off high volume docs while we continue to have the intergrity of the relationship w the AO? GET A LIFE OR GET A NEW JOB!!! DO SOMETHING BUT GET OFF THIS BOARD YOU TOOLS. i'm so sorry you couldnt hack it. i'm going now. im going to go check my 5 figure monthly deposit courtesy of synthes. you people make me laugh. waaaah! SIMS cart. waaah!!! product exchange. waaah!! our competition pays off docs and names implant sets after docs!!! pretty fair, right? No BUT WE STILL KICK EVERYONES &**!!!! peace.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

i would deny that you were a good rep. i would also deny you are not bitter. i would deny that you have a happy life writing this crap on this board. drill bits are disposable. would you want the same drill bit used on another person also used for a family memeber? these drill bits are replaced. end of story. you probably got canned because your drill bits matched your rhetoric. DULL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
for all you haters get a LIFE!!! SYNTHES is the leader in the industry and its because we have the best products, best consultants, and we are the most reliable in the industry. always have been always will be. its like the yankees. people love to hate the best. the competition has increased but our growth is as strong as ever which is amazing considering all of the competition has copied our stuff over the years and has paid off docs and heavily discounted their products to help grow their business. are we crying that all of our competition pays off high volume docs while we continue to have the intergrity of the relationship w the AO? GET A LIFE OR GET A NEW JOB!!! DO SOMETHING BUT GET OFF THIS BOARD YOU TOOLS. i'm so sorry you couldnt hack it. i'm going now. im going to go check my 5 figure monthly deposit courtesy of synthes. you people make me laugh. waaaah! SIMS cart. waaah!!! product exchange. waaah!! our competition pays off docs and names implant sets after docs!!! pretty fair, right? No BUT WE STILL KICK EVERYONES &**!!!! peace.
Just a minor point, but I'm a little confused. Who copied Synthes IM Nail? Seems like I remember someone named Kuntscher doing it first. Now tell me how Synthes doesn't copy products. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
for all you haters get a LIFE!!! SYNTHES is the leader in the industry and its because we have the best products, best consultants, and we are the most reliable in the industry. always have been always will be. its like the yankees. people love to hate the best. the competition has increased but our growth is as strong as ever which is amazing considering all of the competition has copied our stuff over the years and has paid off docs and heavily discounted their products to help grow their business. are we crying that all of our competition pays off high volume docs while we continue to have the intergrity of the relationship w the AO? GET A LIFE OR GET A NEW JOB!!! DO SOMETHING BUT GET OFF THIS BOARD YOU TOOLS. i'm so sorry you couldnt hack it. i'm going now. im going to go check my 5 figure monthly deposit courtesy of synthes. you people make me laugh. waaaah! SIMS cart. waaah!!! product exchange. waaah!! our competition pays off docs and names implant sets after docs!!! pretty fair, right? No BUT WE STILL KICK EVERYONES &**!!!! peace.
A typical paoli response with HR and lefal written all over it. There's been so much corrupt inventory magic with consultants its laighable on where to start. YOU can start with SC taking inventory themselves and then hospitala discovering they need to place a 10,000 order. Or have the SC take over the inventory with the Sims system. A free ticket to steal and manipulate inventory with the blessing and pressure from the home office to get them in your accounts or your on Gennetts list to be fucked with. Ou could line up SC's around rhe block past and present who would testify in open court om this practice.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

never specified nails but great retort. i would copy your approach to women if you had one.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
i would deny that you were a good rep. i would also deny you are not bitter. i would deny that you have a happy life writing this crap on this board. drill bits are disposable. would you want the same drill bit used on another person also used for a family memeber? these drill bits are replaced. end of story. you probably got canned because your drill bits matched your rhetoric. DULL!!!
Predictable reply. Not to mention, very defensive. Would you deny that anytime somebody posts something sensitive, controversial, or maybe even criminal against Synthes and it's salesforce, the immediate retort attacks the OP and deems him or her as a disgruntled Synthes employee. I, to whom the above was directed, am neither. I am, however, an expert in the field and I will state my professional reputation on the facts that I have presented. Wide spread fraud does exist and someday this will be exposed and it will be costly.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
i would deny that you were a good rep. i would also deny you are not bitter. i would deny that you have a happy life writing this crap on this board. drill bits are disposable. would you want the same drill bit used on another person also used for a family memeber? these drill bits are replaced. end of story. you probably got canned because your drill bits matched your rhetoric. DULL!!!
Vaginal speculums and rectal probes are reused on other patients. What make a drill bit different? No factual evidence that they are significantly dulled by one use.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Vaginal speculums and rectal probes are reused on other patients. What make a drill bit different? No factual evidence that they are significantly dulled by one use.
That is the most ignorant post I have ever witnessed !
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That is the most ignorant post I have ever witnessed !
Actually, the author of post #24 makes a very good point. The typical defense regarding the large cannulated drill bit controversy is, "would you want your family member to be operated on with a previously used large cannulated drill bit?" You my not know Gen/OB surgery, but these stated surgical instruments are absolutely used thousands of times over. Thank God for the good people in SPD and for the autoclave.

The facts are the facts. Surgical instrumentation is truely communal. This includes orthopedic instrumentation designed to open access to the IM canal. Isn't this the intended purpose of the large cannulated "drill bits" for Synthes TFN and EX Nails? These "drill bits" are actually used in lieu of an awl. These "drill bits" were not designed to drill a threaded nor a gliding hole. They are essentually glorified awls. For the long Synthes IM Nails, these "drill bits" open an access to the canal to allow access for the IM Flexible Reamers. Are the IM Cannulated Flexible Reamers size 6.0 - 18.0 disposible? No, they are not. The Synthes Techniques guides for TFN and EX Nails sums it up by publishing the fact that these large cannulated "drill bits" may be substituted with the use of the cannulated awl contained with the respective Synthes nail system.

True, there is no awl alternative for the 11mm cannulated drill bit for the TFN Helical Blade. But, let me present the fact that this "drill bit" merely creates a 4-5mm indentation into the lateral cortex of the femur. The cutting flutes of the 11mm Helical Blade were designed to allow this blade to advance deep into the femoral head. Any and every expert in the field of surgical instrumentation, including myself, would testify to the fact that this 11mm cannulated drill bit could be used multiple times before it would possibly require sharpening. This is not and all previously stated are not disposible single use items.

The practice of creating the mindset that these instruments are single use and disposible is absolutely fraudulent. Those individuals who knowingly engage, encourage, and condone this business practice should be barred from the industry and possibly proscecuted.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

I am not a physician nor a sales rep. I do package parts at Synthes. I cannot speak to where this "information" about our drill bits being "single use only" originates. I do know two facts concerning these postings. First, the only things we produce that are labeled as "single use only" is external fixation devices (carbon rods, fixation rings, ring-to-rod clamps, etc.) and perhaps some more obscure parts that are obviously single use only, such as resorbables. Second, every drill bit we package is included with an informational insert titled "Drill bits and taps for re-use." I know I'm just a lowly packager and do not possess the omnipotence of someone with a Doctorate degree, but to me the key word in that title is "re-use." If there are sets going out in which the drill bits have been removed from their individual packaging and they are being passed off as "single use only," then yes, this needs to be addressed. Preferably in a mature, responsible manner with our compliance department. Let's grow up people. If you are who you say you are, let's conduct ourselves with some class and professionalism, and stop posting like a bunch of teenagers arguing about Paris Hilton's underwear or lack thereof.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Very well said. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Just go to EBAY there is plenty of Synthes stuff there for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I am not a physician nor a sales rep. I do package parts at Synthes. I cannot speak to where this "information" about our drill bits being "single use only" originates. I do know two facts concerning these postings. First, the only things we produce that are labeled as "single use only" is external fixation devices (carbon rods, fixation rings, ring-to-rod clamps, etc.) and perhaps some more obscure parts that are obviously single use only, such as resorbables. Second, every drill bit we package is included with an informational insert titled "Drill bits and taps for re-use." I know I'm just a lowly packager and do not possess the omnipotence of someone with a Doctorate degree, but to me the key word in that title is "re-use." If there are sets going out in which the drill bits have been removed from their individual packaging and they are being passed off as "single use only," then yes, this needs to be addressed. Preferably in a mature, responsible manner with our compliance department. Let's grow up people. If you are who you say you are, let's conduct ourselves with some class and professionalism, and stop posting like a bunch of teenagers arguing about Paris Hilton's underwear or lack thereof.
mr i work there???? the insert reads the drill bit is single use or re-processed.

You want a dull one on you or your Mom? Ever been in a cases where the doc shouts "IS THIS BIT NEW, AND CURSES ETC..."?

New Bits for new cases please, this is petty

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

[quote=Anonymous;2436422]mr i work there???? the insert reads the drill bit is single use or re-processed...

Yes, I do work there and obviously you paid no attention to my request that we conduct ourselves in a professional and polite manner. I never claimed to give a verbatum account of the exact wording of the insert. I don't have time to read inserts because I am busy WORKING. I simply said that the title was "drill bits and taps for re-use." "Information on the preparation of drill bits and taps for re-use" if you want to get down to specifics. It is insert GP0680
and I believe it is currently at revision D. And no, I've never been "in a cases" of anything. I have been "in cases" where people come across as foolish because they are not able to properly use their native language... but I'm sure you're not at all familiar with that scenario, are you?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Okay, I'm the individual that works at Synthes in a packaging area. I hate leaving "hanging threads," so I did in fact check the insert. It states "...Hospital policy may require new drill bits/taps on every case. However, if drill bits/taps are reprocessed, it is necessary to carefully inspect the following areas to ensre proper drill bit/tap function:..." it goes on to describe what features should be checked. So there you have it. Hospital policy.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

[quote=Anonymous;2440008]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
mr i work there???? the insert reads the drill bit is single use or re-processed...

Yes, I do work there and obviously you paid no attention to my request that we conduct ourselves in a professional and polite manner. I never claimed to give a verbatum account of the exact wording of the insert. I don't have time to read inserts because I am busy WORKING. I simply said that the title was "drill bits and taps for re-use." "Information on the preparation of drill bits and taps for re-use" if you want to get down to specifics. It is insert GP0680
and I believe it is currently at revision D. And no, I've never been "in a cases" of anything. I have been "in cases" where people come across as foolish because they are not able to properly use their native language... but I'm sure you're not at all familiar with that scenario, are you?
"in a case"; happy... you no life- loser idiot
thanks for the great job you do, but read the insert in your hand.

I'll deal with the doc

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quick question, How did this thread change from allegations that Synthes knowingly and willfully steals products from their customers (a bold-faced lie) to a drill bit practice that virtually every company that sells drill bits uses?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

I don't know how or why the message board took this turn. I only got in when it dealt with something I'm familiar with. (even though supposedly I'm a no life loser or something along those lines.) I better not address that person directly anymore because he or she is so obviously superior to me; I should not bother someone who is such a blessing to the entire human race with my petty opinion or interpretation of what an insert says. And God forbid I point out grammatical mistakes. Also, I know it's hard to believe I can even read, but it does say single use only or reprocessed, depending on the HOSPITAL'S policy. And when it says "reprocessed," that does not mean reprocessed by Synthes, it means taken from surgery, cleaned, inspected for damage or dulling, and then re-sterilized... all done at the hospital which purchased it and uses it. Hence the "re-use" in the title. If an individual does not want a previously used drill bit used on themself or a family member, they need to take it up with the doctor performing the surgery, it is out of Synthes' hands at that point. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I don't know how or why the message board took this turn. I only got in when it dealt with something I'm familiar with. (even though supposedly I'm a no life loser or something along those lines.) I better not address that person directly anymore because he or she is so obviously superior to me; I should not bother someone who is such a blessing to the entire human race with my petty opinion or interpretation of what an insert says. And God forbid I point out grammatical mistakes. Also, I know it's hard to believe I can even read, but it does say single use only or reprocessed, depending on the HOSPITAL'S policy. And when it says "reprocessed," that does not mean reprocessed by Synthes, it means taken from surgery, cleaned, inspected for damage or dulling, and then re-sterilized... all done at the hospital which purchased it and uses it. Hence the "re-use" in the title. If an individual does not want a previously used drill bit used on themself or a family member, they need to take it up with the doctor performing the surgery, it is out of Synthes' hands at that point. Thank you.

AMEN!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Nice response Rick you midget. Go to California and straighten that savant son of yours up.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Sounds like Denton is on the board writing crap again. Where is he anyway? Does he have a job, other than writing for CafePharma?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Argue Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Of course this is common practice!!!!

Just ask Steve Murray and Ken Sullivan about the following reps who were caught:
BW; AJS; DR. These guys took millions and millions of dollars from their accounts and lived the good life. They are all gone now but another whore BE is still doing this as he eats his 5-way chili.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Wonder why this is back after over a year of being quiet- someone must have been pretty bored to go looking through year old posts on this board!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Wonder why this is back after over a year of being quiet- someone must have been pretty bored to go looking through year old posts on this board!
The wheels of justice move slowly.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

This information put out in the thread about the wrong doing by Synthes and their SC's and RM's is absolutely true.
The competition should print this thread out and pass it along to their accounts and the number for the U.S. Attorney's office should be contacted regularly about this and they should be held accountable.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This information put out in the thread about the wrong doing by Synthes and their SC's and RM's is absolutely true.
The competition should print this thread out and pass it along to their accounts and the number for the U.S. Attorney's office should be contacted regularly about this and they should be held accountable.
Got evidence? No one will believe a word you say without solid evidence. If you're serious about this present some evidence and names. If you have been threatened to keep your mouth shut how about setting up an anonymous e-mail and we can communicate.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Got evidence? No one will believe a word you say without solid evidence. If you're serious about this present some evidence and names. If you have been threatened to keep your mouth shut how about setting up an anonymous e-mail and we can communicate.
I personally do have evidence. But I can even do one better. All of the competitors viewing this site should bring up to the OR Coordinators and Purchasing staff about the restocking fees that the hospitals are routinely hit with. A minimum of 20% for product they aren't even sending back. If they look closely they will find that it is product that they were duped into buy too many of just so the SC could send it back for credit toward using to obtain another set or implants to be used at another hospital. Basically robbing Peter to give to Paul....just to eventually rob Paul as well.
The paper trail is in the forms that are filled out for the product credit. It can be traced back....
And that is just one of the many games.
No need for me to set up any email. The hospitals are catching onto the games. Its only a matter of time.
However, I do still suggest getting in touch with the U.S. District Attorney.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I personally do have evidence. But I can even do one better. All of the competitors viewing this site should bring up to the OR Coordinators and Purchasing staff about the restocking fees that the hospitals are routinely hit with. A minimum of 20% for product they aren't even sending back. If they look closely they will find that it is product that they were duped into buy too many of just so the SC could send it back for credit toward using to obtain another set or implants to be used at another hospital. Basically robbing Peter to give to Paul....just to eventually rob Paul as well.
The paper trail is in the forms that are filled out for the product credit. It can be traced back....
And that is just one of the many games.
No need for me to set up any email. The hospitals are catching onto the games. Its only a matter of time.
However, I do still suggest getting in touch with the U.S. District Attorney.
Very well. Are you telling me that Synthes upper management knows of this fraud and allows it to go on? In what part of the country? What RM's and AVP's are involved? Give me a little more information that would get the attention of the DOJ.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Very well. Are you telling me that Synthes upper management knows of this fraud and allows it to go on? In what part of the country? What RM's and AVP's are involved? Give me a little more information that would get the attention of the DOJ.
This is company and nation wide. I have spoken with SC's that I went to training with from across the country and we have all talked about the same thing. Why is it that with the promo program, that the sets that are supposed to be delivered to the hospitals, that have earned those sets, are shipped to the SC's of that area? So the company can turn the other cheek when that set is taken to another account instead of the one that it is intended for and they can escape any responsibility. Another way to skirt the rules. They never end up at the intended account. More shell games.
As I said, this is nation wide, and a serious problem. This theft is on an incredibly large scale.
I would love to give you more information. I just don't know who you are or what your agenda exactly is. As you can see, this is a small community and everyone knows each other. You can see why many pause when it comes to speaking out. I do think that many are also tired of seeing this company take advantage of every customer just to fatten their wallets.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is company and nation wide. I have spoken with SC's that I went to training with from across the country and we have all talked about the same thing. Why is it that with the promo program, that the sets that are supposed to be delivered to the hospitals, that have earned those sets, are shipped to the SC's of that area? So the company can turn the other cheek when that set is taken to another account instead of the one that it is intended for and they can escape any responsibility. Another way to skirt the rules. They never end up at the intended account. More shell games.
As I said, this is nation wide, and a serious problem. This theft is on an incredibly large scale.
I would love to give you more information. I just don't know who you are or what your agenda exactly is. As you can see, this is a small community and everyone knows each other. You can see why many pause when it comes to speaking out. I do think that many are also tired of seeing this company take advantage of every customer just to fatten their wallets.
True, RM showed me how to do it. Most SC are doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is company and nation wide. I have spoken with SC's that I went to training with from across the country and we have all talked about the same thing. Why is it that with the promo program, that the sets that are supposed to be delivered to the hospitals, that have earned those sets, are shipped to the SC's of that area? So the company can turn the other cheek when that set is taken to another account instead of the one that it is intended for and they can escape any responsibility. Another way to skirt the rules. They never end up at the intended account. More shell games.
As I said, this is nation wide, and a serious problem. This theft is on an incredibly large scale.
I would love to give you more information. I just don't know who you are or what your agenda exactly is. As you can see, this is a small community and everyone knows each other. You can see why many pause when it comes to speaking out. I do think that many are also tired of seeing this company take advantage of every customer just to fatten their wallets.
Are you currently employed with Synthes? What state are you in? I am confident that we have the same agenda. Under what conditions would you agree to talk or meet with me?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Are you currently employed with Synthes? What state are you in? I am confident that we have the same agenda. Under what conditions would you agree to talk or meet with me?
I will not make mention of employment here. I will set up anon email account and leave it here. Contact me after that. If we truly have the same agenda, I believe that many will be excited to see something happen.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I will not make mention of employment here. I will set up anon email account and leave it here. Contact me after that. If we truly have the same agenda, I believe that many will be excited to see something happen.
I look forward to our dialogue. I will contact you immediately upon receipt of your anon email account.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.