for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Boston Scientific
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default How's Maquet?

For those of you that made the switch to Maquet and are still there (or recently left), can you give any feedback? Is culture better, worse, same? Upper Management? Heard the Pres of Sales is a douche. True?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Speaking for the former BSC cardiac- former Guidant cardiac surgery side, Management is mixed; some really good guys with serious background on the east coast and a real lightweight in the PNW. Promoting a lot of people lately into the middle mgmt ranks which is a step (futher) into micromanagement hell. Morale is really low, incomes have dropped, competition is increased and the thought of cardiac device reps selling commodity cannulas is just depressing. Top people are leaving or in the process. Any other thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Transition into a new company is always a challenge, the people that stayed are facing the storms and surviving.
Morale is improving, house is being cleaned out, still a few individuals remaining who cant contribute positively and are undermining new talent, that need to be let go.
People were promoted by previous management, who had no tenure, skills or experience for that matter!
There are no signs of micro management.
The VP of sales doing an outstanding job retaining, motivating sales force and encouraging out of the box thinking. He is the voice of reason and logic.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Transition into a new company is always a challenge, the people that stayed are facing the storms and surviving.
Morale is improving, house is being cleaned out, still a few individuals remaining who cant contribute positively and are undermining new talent, that need to be let go.
People were promoted by previous management, who had no tenure, skills or experience for that matter!
There are no signs of micro management.
The VP of sales doing an outstanding job retaining, motivating sales force and encouraging out of the box thinking. He is the voice of reason and logic.
Can you say "Kool Aid"?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Speaking for the former BSC cardiac- former Guidant cardiac surgery side, Management is mixed; some really good guys with serious background on the east coast and a real lightweight in the PNW. Promoting a lot of people lately into the middle mgmt ranks which is a step (futher) into micromanagement hell. Morale is really low, incomes have dropped, competition is increased and the thought of cardiac device reps selling commodity cannulas is just depressing. Top people are leaving or in the process. Any other thoughts?
Management is mixed in my opinion. Some are really good and othersare not. Is it different anywhere else? Morale is high from what I see; my income has gone up and the new products will add more money in my pocket.
Selling cannulas? For me it's about selling more products and having more in my bag.
You want to talk about low morale? I am glad I did not stay with the company that owned us. Incomes are dropping; new products are not being launched and territories are being split. You kidding?
I am drinking the Kool aid
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Management is mixed in my opinion. Some are really good and othersare not. Is it different anywhere else? Morale is high from what I see; my income has gone up and the new products will add more money in my pocket.
Selling cannulas? For me it's about selling more products and having more in my bag.
You want to talk about low morale? I am glad I did not stay with the company that owned us. Incomes are dropping; new products are not being launched and territories are being split. You kidding?
I am drinking the Kool aid
I have very mixed feelings about the new company. I am very sad to see so many good people leaving the company but am happy that all my favorites have stayed...so far. I believe the morale is low, but not too low. My income has stayed the same and my work load has greatly increased. I am very upset about this. Its as though I am being taken advantage of in a way. If only people could see and appreciate what not just myself but everyone does in the company, i believe morale with everyone will go up. I think there there is not enough recognition, especially with the "other" employees, not just the salary positions.

Also, i think that there should be a Kool Aid machine on site
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Kool Aid? Your NUTS! Get the hell out of there NOW! The ship is nearly to the bottem!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Notworthy Re: How's Maquet?

The glass can be either half empty or half full. I see it half full. Management has made every attempt possible to keep me whole in my compensation, I will have new products to sell and for the first time in my eight years selling medical products, we have a cohesive management team that understands the business.
Nothing is perfect but considering what I left behind at Boston, I am happy to be here.
I like Kool Aid! Cherry please
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The glass can be either half empty or half full. I see it half full. Management has made every attempt possible to keep me whole in my compensation, I will have new products to sell and for the first time in my eight years selling medical products, we have a cohesive management team that understands the business.
Nothing is perfect but considering what I left behind at Boston, I am happy to be here.
I like Kool Aid! Cherry please

Are you gay? You sound like it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

The management may be cohesive, whatever that is supposed to me to me as a salesperson, but knowledgeable about the business? The President and VP have never sold cardiac surgery devices. They don't realize it either, but selling to a Cardiac Surgeon is NOT the same as selling to Cardiologists. Our customers keep being promised change, as have we salespeople- it hasn't happened. We still do not have any real new products for the cardiac surgeon. They really could care less about cannulas and minor changes to EVH products. We are losing more and more business to Terumo and our management tells us not to lose it, but can't help stop the conversions as many of them don't understand the business. Several of the regional managers are good, former reps, but the company doesn't give them tools to become good managers. Others were terrible reps and are hiding in management. Good people have disappeared without a trace and I have recently heard some bizarre stories about some other situations in which people were terminated. The net is that morale is low, but you can't afford to show it as the climate is so strange. I am looking, as are most of the experienced cardiac SURGERY reps, and will leave for the first decent job.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The management may be cohesive, whatever that is supposed to me to me as a salesperson, but knowledgeable about the business? The President and VP have never sold cardiac surgery devices. They don't realize it either, but selling to a Cardiac Surgeon is NOT the same as selling to Cardiologists. Our customers keep being promised change, as have we salespeople- it hasn't happened. We still do not have any real new products for the cardiac surgeon. They really could care less about cannulas and minor changes to EVH products. We are losing more and more business to Terumo and our management tells us not to lose it, but can't help stop the conversions as many of them don't understand the business. Several of the regional managers are good, former reps, but the company doesn't give them tools to become good managers. Others were terrible reps and are hiding in management. Good people have disappeared without a trace and I have recently heard some bizarre stories about some other situations in which people were terminated. The net is that morale is low, but you can't afford to show it as the climate is so strange. I am looking, as are most of the experienced cardiac SURGERY reps, and will leave for the first decent job.
BOO-HOO...down with WHITEY, up with EQUALITY !!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The management may be cohesive, whatever that is supposed to me to me as a salesperson, but knowledgeable about the business? The President and VP have never sold cardiac surgery devices. They don't realize it either, but selling to a Cardiac Surgeon is NOT the same as selling to Cardiologists. Our customers keep being promised change, as have we salespeople- it hasn't happened. We still do not have any real new products for the cardiac surgeon. They really could care less about cannulas and minor changes to EVH products. We are losing more and more business to Terumo and our management tells us not to lose it, but can't help stop the conversions as many of them don't understand the business. Several of the regional managers are good, former reps, but the company doesn't give them tools to become good managers. Others were terrible reps and are hiding in management. Good people have disappeared without a trace and I have recently heard some bizarre stories about some other situations in which people were terminated. The net is that morale is low, but you can't afford to show it as the climate is so strange. I am looking, as are most of the experienced cardiac SURGERY reps, and will leave for the first decent job.
Sounds like you are looking but no one is taking. What no one hiring talented, good looking has beens?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The management may be cohesive, whatever that is supposed to me to me as a salesperson, but knowledgeable about the business? The President and VP have never sold cardiac surgery devices. They don't realize it either, but selling to a Cardiac Surgeon is NOT the same as selling to Cardiologists. Our customers keep being promised change, as have we salespeople- it hasn't happened. We still do not have any real new products for the cardiac surgeon. They really could care less about cannulas and minor changes to EVH products. We are losing more and more business to Terumo and our management tells us not to lose it, but can't help stop the conversions as many of them don't understand the business. Several of the regional managers are good, former reps, but the company doesn't give them tools to become good managers. Others were terrible reps and are hiding in management. Good people have disappeared without a trace and I have recently heard some bizarre stories about some other situations in which people were terminated. The net is that morale is low, but you can't afford to show it as the climate is so strange. I am looking, as are most of the experienced cardiac SURGERY reps, and will leave for the first decent job.
Oh I get it! And Nicky, Maria, Lisa and Ranzau sold cardiac products before. Negative! The problem is not who the president is or is not. The problem is the lack of vision in having products that are new and different. You want to blame someone? Check it out R&D sounds like the place to start. Or maybe Boston Scientific not allowing for investment in the business. As for looking for a new job, it looks like no one is hiring you. Otherwise you would have left already.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

I just found this site for the first time today, and this is so interesting! Does anyone even realize that Maquet has not been part of Boston for over 7 months? I would blame Boston for a lot of things, but our current situation as a hang-over from the Boston days is getting to be old news. We heard how all of these great innovations were being dusted off the shelves and huge money was being spent by Getinge on cardiac. It seems to be all about profusion.
Speaking of innovation though, the reason I found this site was a search for Terumo. I was wondering why my Terumo rep/clinical (former PA) knew all about the R &D projects we are working even though I have only recently heard of some of them. My buddy from St. Jude was talking to him and he said he had the information straight from a rep, clinical or manager from San Francisco. Was wondering if someone from S.F. was out looking for a job and told all during an interview!! I asked if they could have been from San Jose- the corporate office, or Los Angeles, but he said specifically San Francisco itself. Is there an opening for Terumo in S.F.??
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Im ready to get the F outta here. Im feeling held back. Time to go!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

How's your comp package? I had been by the recruiter to expect $220-240k? I ran through the numbers and based upon this territory it doesn't look remotely possible. Friends have told me some of the east coast territories and old timers have territories three times the size of this one- so maybe you do better the longer you stay???
It's weird, the cardiac surgeons in the area like the products, but I am just getting strange vibes from my interviews. The surgeons don't know much about the clinical or manager so I can't get a read on them from that direction either. Does anyone really like their jobs at Maquet? Is there a specific reason you are ready to get out? Is there any upside coming down the road to change things?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Im ready to get the F outta here. Im feeling held back. Time to go!
Go already. Go back to Boston where you will be loved and cared for. Go already.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

If you want to work for a top ranked Cardiac/Cardiovascular surgery company then continue with the interview. The people who work for this company are great. Company moral is very high and they just acquired another company (Datascope). MAQUET is a true leader in cardiac/cardiovascular surgery sales! If this is not what you want then find another company.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

[Do you think they will keep the Datascope people (reps and mgrs) or get rid of everyone and fold it in to Macquet?? Selling Balloon Pumps is not like selling EVH. Much longer sales cycle.........Curious?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

If you can't beat them, "buy or sue them", should be Maquet's motto. Terumo is kicking EVH butt so Maquet/Guidant sues them rather than coming out with new or significant improvements. Datascope has some market share with some loyal users, so Maquet/Guidant buys them.

Everyone in the market would rather see Maquet/Guidant go back to bringing innovation and quality to the market than see them being made into another Medtronic or the cardiac version of Covidien. It is frightening for the reps and the customer to see this transformation. The service levels for EVH and Beating Heart products will go (further) down and/or new divisions will be formed to handle all of the products Getinge wants to put in the cardiac surgery bag. Incomes will be brought into line with similiar positions at the other big bag disposable product companies.

These trends are NOT conducive to high morale as management would like to suggest!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

The postings are very dated on here - from 2008. Any current input about how it is to work at Maquet? I am considering a job there. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How's Maquet?

Depends on what division you are getting into. EVH for the CV Reps is a huge number and most territories are already heavy Maquet. Competitors are coming after that business hard at very low price points.

Beating Heart is Dying, most Surgeons roll their eyes when TMR is brought up, but their Perfusion systems are solid (Cardiohelp is a cool product).

Balloon Pumps had a recent study come out (IABP-SHOCK II TRIAL) that put some doubt into the therapy. Those reps have a big capital number to hit in an already saturated market.

There's honestly good potential in their anesthesia machines and ventilators, but they're still trying to figure it out. Also, they're a newer system so there's naturally going to be some apprehension vs. a system with a proven track record. Same with their Hybrid OR's. Very nice system but trying to break in at a high price point.

The only other aspect is that Maquet in the US is really a distributor. Germany sets the yearly numbers for the US Sales Force, so reality of the marketplace is somewhat lost in the expectations. Not sure if that helps your decision. There's warts, but every company has them. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.