» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Home Healthcare Reps > Amedisys
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amedisys Anonymous board for Amedisys

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Anonymous

Default Amedisys

This is also a HHA company located in about 36 different states, any feedback?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Amedisys

This company used to be a great company to work for - now they are so big all they care about is the all mighty stockholders. Forget about the patients that they are supposed to care for. This company has grown so fast that they have put anyone and everyone into positions that they have no business being in and they don't train them so in a nut shell...RUN!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This company used to be a great company to work for - now they are so big all they care about is the all mighty stockholders. Forget about the patients that they are supposed to care for. This company has grown so fast that they have put anyone and everyone into positions that they have no business being in and they don't train them so in a nut shell...RUN!

I interviewed with this company and what a mess!! Very unprofessional, from the recruiter (in house) to the management.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Anonymous

Amazing. You saw what a mess it was just from an interview. You should try to work for them. Worst place I have ever seen!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Amedisys

Feedback?? What can you say about a company that has grown so much and looks so glamourous to work for??? I believe the way they treat patients and employees will be their downfall. They just don't care. It is MONEY MONEY and oh yeah more MONEY. Physicians should stop sending referrals and patients should asked to be discharged and find another home health agency that cares about them. If I had stock I would sell fast. The Wal-Mart of home health companies is sinking fast.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Anonymous

Crazy managers, micro management hell! If you want to be tracked and possibly even followed, this is your company. This co has so many unexp. managers that they listen to every drop of company gossip and has even terminated people because of eager beavers that kiss ass and have thier eye on the top seat of the corp ladder. I would not let my worst enemy work here...well maybe I would let my worst enemy but def. not my friends.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Crazy managers, micro management hell! If you want to be tracked and possibly even followed, this is your company. This co has so many unexp. managers that they listen to every drop of company gossip and has even terminated people because of eager beavers that kiss ass and have thier eye on the top seat of the corp ladder. I would not let my worst enemy work here...well maybe I would let my worst enemy but def. not my friends.
7/7 What division and state are you in? I have seen the same thing happen in my region!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Anonymous

i live in baton rouge and i will say that home office is out of touch of what is going on in the field.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
i live in baton rouge and i will say that home office is out of touch of what is going on in the field.
The man who started this company is a wonderful (very RICH) man. He has incredible passion for caring for the elderly but that is where it stops. His vision is not carried out throughout the organization. I have had companies that work with this home health co ask me what is going on. The corporate office does not have a clue what is going on out in the field. Communication does not exist. They have great ideas but it never gets past management. It is really sad. This was a top notch, best job ever. Now...just waiting on verification on another opportunity then I am gone. Thank God!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Anonymous

This company SUCKS! Anyone interviewing or working for this company should run the other way! It is so bad that even the public is seeing it but, oh, don't let the all mighty stockholders hear about it. The left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hand is doing and they have promoted people into management positions that have no right to be in those positions. They want to micro manage the hell out of you now. Report this, document this and now they even have cell phones with GPS that will track where you are, how long you stay etc. It's bullshit!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Anonymous

I can't believe how micor managed it seems. What are the hours they expect you to be in the field?
What is the base? total compensation?
Do you have a large expense account?
How big are the territories?
Thank you in advance for serious replies.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

I am interested in answers to the above post also
Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I can't believe how micor managed it seems. What are the hours they expect you to be in the field?
1. Depending on what division, and the territory you work.....you can forget about office days, planning days, report days....FORGET ABOUT IT. They want you in the field ever waking hour. I truly understand that your job is to be in front of referral sources, but you also should be prepared, organized, etc. and with the reports and meetings in the office there seems to be no wiggle room.

2. 50k-65k base is typical. The bonus just changed but I think an additional 20k is possible.

3. You can typically spend $400 annually per doctor.

4. I consider the territories fairly small, like a 50 mile radius of your base office.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This company SUCKS! Anyone interviewing or working for this company should run the other way! It is so bad that even the public is seeing it but, oh, don't let the all mighty stockholders hear about it. The left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hand is doing and they have promoted people into management positions that have no right to be in those positions. They want to micro manage the hell out of you now. Report this, document this and now they even have cell phones with GPS that will track where you are, how long you stay etc. It's bullshit!

I am looking into switching to Home Health sales, if this company is so bad why do you stay? I wonder if it is worth it to continue to interview here? If you were with another Home Health place, how would you sell over Amedisys services? Any advice?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Anonymous

Interviews are taking place in my area....how many calls per day are required; do you get a car allowance; cell allowance; laptop; mileage reimbursement; how are benefits -- vacation, holidays (number of), health benefits, 401 K plan, training - how long and where, etc. Why would physicians use Amedisys over any other company?? Thanks for response.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
1. Depending on what division, and the territory you work.....you can forget about office days, planning days, report days....FORGET ABOUT IT. They want you in the field ever waking hour. I truly understand that your job is to be in front of referral sources, but you also should be prepared, organized, etc. and with the reports and meetings in the office there seems to be no wiggle room.

2. 50k-65k base is typical. The bonus just changed but I think an additional 20k is possible.

3. You can typically spend $400 annually per doctor.

4. I consider the territories fairly small, like a 50 mile radius of your base office.
I totally agree - you can't prepare enough when you spend no time in the office. My car looks like a damn paper factory where I run reports then sit in a doctor's office reviewing them. Base around my area is not $50, more like $45 and you can only spend $300 per physician in a physical yr according to medicare guidelines. They track that too - you have to put each dr.s UPIN # in on your expense report so unless you take the time to write them down you look everyone of them up as you go.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hours 8 - 5. No doctor wants to see you at 8 as they are starting thier day and they hate reps that come in at 4:30pm. Oh, and how do you fill the gaps on Mon & Fri when they refuse to see reps.

You pay for everything and get reimb. by completing an expense report. Only supposed to spend $150 a month!

Not huge, usually 30 - 50 mile radius and they pay mileage... think its 37 cents per mile, computer calculates.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Interviews are taking place in my area....how many calls per day are required; do you get a car allowance; cell allowance; laptop; mileage reimbursement; how are benefits -- vacation, holidays (number of), health benefits, 401 K plan, training - how long and where, etc. Why would physicians use Amedisys over any other company?? Thanks for response.
RUN! My best advice! You are required to make 12 calls per day, no car allowance just mileage 37/per mile, provide you with a blackberry with GPS for tracking your every move - yes they watch it...benefits are good, 2 weeks of PTO.

Look, if you know nothing about this business, let me just tell you that most physicians could care less what home health thier patient uses. The relationships you form with the nurses make or break you. If you have a hospital in your area that has thier own home health, you are screwed because case managers are told to feed thier own. Amedisys has good programs and pretty marketing material but if your local office can't service the patients nothing else matters! Patient care should ALWAYS come first!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

thanks for responding....but........do you get a laptop, how are benefits, vacation, personal and holidays - how many; car allowance, cell phone allowance, is there any incentive plans ie bonus...what are the starting salaries, etc. thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am looking into switching to Home Health sales, if this company is so bad why do you stay? I wonder if it is worth it to continue to interview here? If you were with another Home Health place, how would you sell over Amedisys services? Any advice?
I just gave my notice! I am free, I am free! It's not worth interviewing. You will see first hand how unorganized they are if you do. Amedisys is just a name. Patient care is how to sell home health - (I am currently in the top 5% of the company so I know how to sell) Physicans have told me, "tell my nurse, what ever she decides is fine with me!" Make the nurses jobs easier and feed thier tummies and you will do fine with almost any home health co. Do your research, call case managers at the hospitals and tell them you are interested in the home health co in your area...see what they say. Talk to your own physician. Like I said, Amedisys is just a name and I would be willing to bet that you can find plenty of patients that will tell you they would never use Amedisys again.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
thanks for responding....but........do you get a laptop, how are benefits, vacation, personal and holidays - how many; car allowance, cell phone allowance, is there any incentive plans ie bonus...what are the starting salaries, etc. thanks
you do get a laptop that you have to document every call in this program that is a nightmare. benefits are good, ins,401k, you can get st disability, dental, ect if you want to pay extra. 2 weeks PTO is your vacation, personal time, sick time etc. no car allowance - mileage 37 per mile, cell phone with GPS that they use as a tracking device to follow your every move all day depending on your manager, starting salary is $40 - $50 depending on your area, bonus if you make your quota - maybe another $16 if your lucky. They are getting so greedy they have raised numbers so high.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I just gave my notice! I am free, I am free! It's not worth interviewing. You will see first hand how unorganized they are if you do. Amedisys is just a name. Patient care is how to sell home health - (I am currently in the top 5% of the company so I know how to sell) Physicans have told me, "tell my nurse, what ever she decides is fine with me!" Make the nurses jobs easier and feed thier tummies and you will do fine with almost any home health co. Do your research, call case managers at the hospitals and tell them you are interested in the home health co in your area...see what they say. Talk to your own physician. Like I said, Amedisys is just a name and I would be willing to bet that you can find plenty of patients that will tell you they would never use Amedisys again.
10:33 PM "I am Free, I am Free.........could you share what state you are in as I am interested in finding out what opportunity you are moving on to. I know there are good opportunities out there it is just a matter of finding them.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Anonymous

Oh my god! I should of listen to you...all of you. I interviewed with this company today. What a joke this was! The guy who did the interview was a blooming idiot. He was very unprofessional and creepy. He kept moving around in his chair like he had sat down on a pile of fire ants..maybe hemroids, who knows. Either I made him nervous or he was just weird. This guy was very unorganized and did not know the answers to alot of the questions I asked. Makes me really think that the main office doesn't know what is going on in the field as someone posted. I was nice and finished the interview, if I get a call back, I will pass on this job. Don't think it is where I want to be. Next time I will take the postings on here a bit more seriously.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Anonymous

to post #23 - what area were you interviewing for??
Old 08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Amedisys

This company SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sick of the crap we have to put up with. I spend more time documenting what I do that doing what I am supposed to do. We have grown so fast that now they can't keep up with us so they are trying to micro-manage the hell out of us. Documentation from hell, GPS to track where we go, a manager to call every minute to see what you are doing, needless meetings; what is next? I feel like a prisoner.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

My advice: get out, there are many local Home Health Care Agencies in every city and in Hospitals. Take your experience and go where it is appreciated and you are treated like an adult that does not need to be managed like a child on a leash. There are other great agencies and you can use that to your advantage. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Anonymous

I second that completely!!! Go the opposite way! I've been with them for over a year and I am already looking for something better! They don't pay reps enough and they certainly don't appreciate the business that we bring in.... Its always about numbers (even if meet and exceed them) and for a company who supposedly cares solely about the patient care, well thats a joke because all they care about is Medicare and a lot! Not to mention the AVPs have no idea what they are doing. This company is heading in the wrong direction!

Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
7/7 What division and state are you in? I have seen the same thing happen in my region!
Me too... Its a complete mess and I cannot wait to get a better job... I've been looking for pharma jobs. This company is really going down the toilet !
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I would run! This company works their reps till we're burnt out and then they work us some more. Every day we have to submit call reports and conference calls, meetings, its ridiculous. Numbers are never good enough even when you have exceeded quota. They also expect you to sell ten different things like mecr doc, BFL,WC AHhhhhhhhh all at once. Cooperate has no idea how dumb and money hungry they look...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This company SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sick of the crap we have to put up with. I spend more time documenting what I do that doing what I am supposed to do. We have grown so fast that now they can't keep up with us so they are trying to micro-manage the hell out of us. Documentation from hell, GPS to track where we go, a manager to call every minute to see what you are doing, needless meetings; what is next? I feel like a prisoner.

I 'm right there with you!!!! I feel suffocated!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Anonymous

Do all the reps feel this way, or are there those few that suck up? If the majority feels like this, have you ever thought about a nationwide strike? What would they do if all the reps (or at least the majority) took a stand and said "no more", until changes take place?

They may say "ok, bye bye", but just think about the severe impact that would have on their numbers and relationships in the field. Any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Do all the reps feel this way, or are there those few that suck up? If the majority feels like this, have you ever thought about a nationwide strike? What would they do if all the reps (or at least the majority) took a stand and said "no more", until changes take place?

They may say "ok, bye bye", but just think about the severe impact that would have on their numbers and relationships in the field. Any thoughts?
They would say bye bye - they have gotten so big that the CEO thinks that this is the best home health co out there and everyone is dying to work here. Plenty of replacements out there. It will catch up with them cause word spreads quickly on how employees are treated. I feel sorry for the people that are interviewing here they have no idea what they are getting into.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
They would say bye bye - they have gotten so big that the CEO thinks that this is the best home health co out there and everyone is dying to work here. Plenty of replacements out there. It will catch up with them cause word spreads quickly on how employees are treated. I feel sorry for the people that are interviewing here they have no idea what they are getting into.
You are correct! Word gets around very quickly and even the accounts get wind of it. The CEO has to believe they are the best because it is his job! But I have known CEO's fall hard when they treat others badly for a long time; and when they fall they act as though they have no idea why.

If it is such a good place to work as the CEO thinks, then why is the turnover HIGH (also known to accounts in the field) and why do good reps like myself and many others I know say NO thank you to an offer or even an interview?

Take a stand!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Anonymous

I agree. I know many people - great reps that have turned offers down then laughed about it. This is just a textbook case of growing too fast to handle it. Saw they just bought another company up north. Feel your pain- - keep warning the new reps out there about them.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Anonymous

This damn place sucks! I decided today that I will work at McDonalds before I make it another month. Anything is better than coming home stressed out to the point you can't sleep while trying to figure out how to squeeze more "juice" out of the turnips. The pressure they put on you here is way out of line and patient care and focus is out the door. It is all about the money. Makes me sick!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Amedisys

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I QUIT TODAY I AM FREE I AM FREE I PRAY FOR THE REST OF YOU EMPLOYED BY AMEDISYS I GOT OUT WITH MY LICENSE INTACT RUN RUN RUN THEY WILL ATTACK YOU LIKE PITBULLS WHEN YOU QUITE CORPORATE HOTLINE IS A JOKE THEY NEVER RETURN CALLS REGARDING QUESTIONABLE ACTIVITIES. RUN RUN HAVE PEACE OF MIND FLIP BURGERS AT MACDONALDS OR WORK AT WALMART. FREE AT LAST THANK GOD I'M FREE AT LAST AMEDISYS STANDS FOR NOTHING BUT FILL THE POCKETS OF THE BIG WIGS BEWARE OF VIRGINIA AREA STAY AWAY
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Anonymous

To the above p os ter, exactly what kind of questionable activities are you referring to? You are no longer with them, so please do share for those of us that need to know what to be aware of. Thanks!! And good luck to you, I wish you well, know that you are relieved from the stress and hope you find a great new position!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: Amedisys

Quote:
To the above p os ter, exactly what kind of questionable activities are you referring to? You are no longer with them, so please do share for those of us that need to know what to be aware of. Thanks!! And good luck to you, I wish you well, know that you are relieved from the stress and hope you find a great new position!
THE MATTER IS ALREADY UNDER INVESTIGATION NO COMMENT
Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Anonymous

under investigation...where have i heard that before. the sales manager in this area is as fake and sneak'n as they come. She would rather fire an AE than look at them. The investigation will find nothing like always.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Amedisys

I often wonder what does happen after so called "investigation" I must remain positive that some change will occur in due time. Many things needs to change and it has to start somewhere; so i just sit back and wait as I gain my sanity back.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: Amedisys

Quote:
This damn place sucks! I decided today that I will work at McDonalds before I make it another month. Anything is better than coming home stressed out to the point you can't sleep while trying to figure out how to squeeze more "juice" out of the turnips. The pressure they put on you here is way out of line and patient care and focus is out the door. It is all about the money. Makes me sick!
same decision made by me i couldn't take it anymore i can always find another job but not my license. congrats to you and i wish i had done it earlier. i feel like i have escaped a cult
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I often wonder what does happen after so called "investigation" I must remain positive that some change will occur in due time. Many things needs to change and it has to start somewhere; so i just sit back and wait as I gain my sanity back.
I can only say good luck. I waited as long as I could for things to change. I loved my job with this company for many years and really felt that I had finally found the "dream job" but then things started changing. At first I thought it was just growing pains where we were buying so many agencies but then the more I really started looking and seeing how things were going, I am a firm believer that the top executives have gotten so money hungry and they can't be happy with good fortune. When you take a look at the financial report they send, seeing those giant salary + bonuses yet they keep taking things away from the sales force that feeds them those dollars, I knew it was only time till this job took a huge turn for the south. They did not even want to give a mileage increase when gas was $4 when the federal govt stepped in with an increase. Said it would cost thousands of dollars for a penny increase! I can't believe that the CEO has changed so much and how he hates the sales force now. I used to think he walked on water. I try not to think about it much anymore, I miss my friends, my contacts but, I am happy with my new job. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Anonymous

This is my first time to the Amedisys board, but i have been to many pharma boards before, so it doesn't surprise me to see all negative comments. I'm relatively new to Amedisys, but have spent the past 6 years in pharma. I came onboard to get away from the constant downsizing that occurs in pharma and found what i think to be a great place here. I noticed post about all the reports and micro managing and those stating that they want to move to pharma. Speaking from experience, I will say that this is the most slow paced, macro-managed sales force i have ever been a part of. As for the reports and meetings, I'm doing way less reporting, planning, and meetings than ever before. Yes they track you with GPS, but if you are out doing what you should, then that should not be a worry. I'm used to the GPS tracking from pharma, so it is no big deal. 10 calls a day is a joke. in pharma you had to have 15 plus signatures from doctors per day and your territory was so large that it was hard to squeeze it all into one day. My manager has been great and has let me take my territory and manage it as i see fit. After all, that is why they brought me and us on board. As far as selling HH, the competition is not as tough in regards to the sales tactics they use compared to other industries, and the sales approach is straight forward. Build relationships and trust, and the business will follow. I have a major hopital in my territory with its own HH and dirty ways to make sure that they help feed them. This is going to be an issue almost everywhere. Find the advantage and benefits in using you. This is easier said than done, but there is ways that people are making it work. I'm trying new approaches now to regain that business. You can always go directly to the hospitalist and have them commit to writing specifically for us in the orders. Convince them of the benefits of using us, and your work there is done.

In regards to the clinical office staff. Being able to communicate with them is key. Most are all about the patient. As for the others, you can find ways to motivate, build moral, and change the outlook. If it doesn't change, then there is always ways to bring things to light and changes can be made. Now, the pay scale... I might have been lucky enough to end up on the higher range of the pay scale, but the base pay here is right in line with the average pharma pay. I will admit that the bonus structure is not as high as I am used to making, but that is a trade off i was willing to take to be able to find a place where job stability is good as long as performance was in line.

All in all, I am very happy with my move from pharma to Amedisys. I know this will generate a few angry and silly replies, as always on a job board, but I wanted to at least put out there that the grass is not always greener on the other side. One position is not always perfect for everyone, if it is not somehting you like then my advice would be to try and leave in good graces. You may never know how bad it is on the other side and might want to jump back.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Anonymous

Worried Re: Amedisys

let us all here back from you after a year when you have been amedisysized! May God be with you. Remember don't drink that kool-aid.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: Amedisys

Quote:
RUN! My best advice! You are required to make 12 calls per day, no car allowance just mileage 37/per mile, provide you with a blackberry with GPS for tracking your every move - yes they watch it...benefits are good, 2 weeks of PTO.

Look, if you know nothing about this business, let me just tell you that most physicians could care less what home health thier patient uses. The relationships you form with the nurses make or break you. If you have a hospital in your area that has thier own home health, you are screwed because case managers are told to feed thier own. Amedisys has good programs and pretty marketing material but if your local office can't service the patients nothing else matters! Patient care should ALWAYS come first!

IT IS .42 A MILE, AND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT YOU CAN COME AND GO AS YOU WANT AND HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY-THEN THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. YOU CAN MAKE 10-15 CALLS A DAY AND HAVE TIME TO MANAGE BEING AT THE OFFICE GETTING WEEKLY REPORTS,BD,ETC. DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER.... I WOULD ONLY ASSUME THE ONES "COMPLAINING" WILL BE SOON TO GO- YOU DO YOUR JOB, FIND YOUR NITCH, AND SALE THE BEST PROGRAMS IN THE HH INDUSTRY...NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE. IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU WILL TO SUCCEED!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs up Re: Amedisys

Quote:
This is my first time to the Amedisys board, but i have been to many pharma boards before, so it doesn't surprise me to see all negative comments. I'm relatively new to Amedisys, but have spent the past 6 years in pharma. I came onboard to get away from the constant downsizing that occurs in pharma and found what i think to be a great place here. I noticed post about all the reports and micro managing and those stating that they want to move to pharma. Speaking from experience, I will say that this is the most slow paced, macro-managed sales force i have ever been a part of. As for the reports and meetings, I'm doing way less reporting, planning, and meetings than ever before. Yes they track you with GPS, but if you are out doing what you should, then that should not be a worry. I'm used to the GPS tracking from pharma, so it is no big deal. 10 calls a day is a joke. in pharma you had to have 15 plus signatures from doctors per day and your territory was so large that it was hard to squeeze it all into one day. My manager has been great and has let me take my territory and manage it as i see fit. After all, that is why they brought me and us on board. As far as selling HH, the competition is not as tough in regards to the sales tactics they use compared to other industries, and the sales approach is straight forward. Build relationships and trust, and the business will follow. I have a major hopital in my territory with its own HH and dirty ways to make sure that they help feed them. This is going to be an issue almost everywhere. Find the advantage and benefits in using you. This is easier said than done, but there is ways that people are making it work. I'm trying new approaches now to regain that business. You can always go directly to the hospitalist and have them commit to writing specifically for us in the orders. Convince them of the benefits of using us, and your work there is done.

In regards to the clinical office staff. Being able to communicate with them is key. Most are all about the patient. As for the others, you can find ways to motivate, build moral, and change the outlook. If it doesn't change, then there is always ways to bring things to light and changes can be made. Now, the pay scale... I might have been lucky enough to end up on the higher range of the pay scale, but the base pay here is right in line with the average pharma pay. I will admit that the bonus structure is not as high as I am used to making, but that is a trade off i was willing to take to be able to find a place where job stability is good as long as performance was in line.

All in all, I am very happy with my move from pharma to Amedisys. I know this will generate a few angry and silly replies, as always on a job board, but I wanted to at least put out there that the grass is not always greener on the other side. One position is not always perfect for everyone, if it is not somehting you like then my advice would be to try and leave in good graces. You may never know how bad it is on the other side and might want to jump back.
ONCE YOU LEARN AND LIVE THE CORE BELIEFS..IT MAKES LIFE EASIER..MY FAVORIT- EXCEPT AND EMBRACE CHANGE...ANY AND EVERY COMPANY WILL HAVE IT- EXCEPT SMALLER HOME HEALTHS THAT ARE OPENING JUST WAITING ON BILL TO BY THEM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Amedisys

Quote:

UGM NO... I WOULD ASSUME A LOT OF THIS IS COMING FROM A BIG COMPANY RECENTLY PURCHASED.... CHECK IT OUT AT CONFERENCE. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE- IF YOUR DONE, BE DONE- NO NEED TO COMPLAIN...LOL UNLESS YOU GOT FIRED- WHICH WOULD BE FROM NOT MAKING YOUR QUOTA.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Things are really bad in Florida since Esther left. This new VP want thinks that the sales force needs an overhaul and heads are flying right and left. I've got my resume out and can't wait to leave. This used to be a great company to work for.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Things are really bad in Florida since Esther left. This new VP want thinks that the sales force needs an overhaul and heads are flying right and left. I've got my resume out and can't wait to leave. This used to be a great company to work for.
Upper Management King Pharma rejects think nurses have no business in sales and that they should replace us with Pharma reps. Why did they hire these Sr. VP morons?? This will be the downfall of the entire company.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Anonymous

What a joke. I'm in pharma and was thinking about leaving, however your hr doesn't really screen. Your dm's are inconsiderate and cannot spot a real go-getter when one bites them on the ass.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: