Cardionet Vs LifeWatch

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being recruited for both companies i cant seem to find any info on life watch. Can anyone give me a good sense of the competition who's better and why just looking to weight out my options. Hopefully you can be as unbiased as possible...thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

similar technology, but CardioNet is the leader with having multiple indications, studies and better reporting. CardioNet device is a bit more sophisticated, LifeWatch is a wannabe CardioNet. If you have opportunity with both, CardioNet would be the smarter choice.

What area?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NE...... how about the technology in general is there real money to be made with either company? are cardiologist using these products or is it a challange showing the value?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Cardionet have any third party nonbiased studies done by anyone who is not affiliated with the company? Consequently, is it such a crime to be a "wannabe" to such greatness that is Cardionet?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is value in the MCOT technology. If you have good relationships and sales skills, well, that is a good combination. This industry is not gravy, there are some challenges to overcome, reimbursement for one. However, as more nonbiased studies come out showing the clinical value the reimbursement issues will work themselves out. Some private payors still view MCOT as investigational but more and more are coming out with favorable opinions. The acceptance of the physicians will help drive this aspect.

Compensation is varied as is the input from the company reps. Some CN reps claim to be making close to 200k. I have not heard any LW reps claiming that much. Depending on your background, work ethic and sales skills you can earn some good money. Furthermore, you must be service oriented, this is a service industry, you must sell the customer on not only the clinical value of your product but the service end too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"any third party nonbiased studies done by anyone who is not affiliated with the company"
    Does anyone? Who is going to pay for a third party nonbiased study?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My friend used to work in NE for Cardionet and it seems that the plans are always evolving, so if you get your territory moving they will up the plan. I'm not sure how much money you will make with a company like that.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just made my point idiot. You can buy yourself a study just like a term paper to say whatever you want. Your studies are done by people on the payroll- shares of stock in a trust, etc.. So don't tout all your studies. Look at the letter that was sent to Barrons. It talks about the "flawed study" and the apparent conflict of interest by those involved.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why doesn't lifewatch buy a study? You losers would rather try to ride on others backs. "Really Doc, it's like CardioNet". I would rather be an idiot making great money than a loser.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't tell them it is like Cardionet. My physicians do not like Cardionet- the product, the reps or the upper management. As far as studies- why would anyone ride the back of a company which publishes flawed studies. That does not build credibility. Cardionet is just riding the wave of manipulated stock right now. There are problems in your management structure and when the reimbursement issues are put into place your income will drop like an umbrella in a hurricane, especially since you have those small territories- like the pharma reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do go into offices telling them you are just like CardioNet. What you are is an event monitor with a cell phone. Lifewatch had filed their S1 to go public but pulled it after losing their asses to CardioNet. We established this technology. You just "try" to catch up.

You're the one switching codes and billing as an event monitor one day and an ambulatory telemetry another using the same device. Believe me you are the ones whose billing practices are ALREADY being called into question. You cannot switch b/w codes. Once you start using a code for something you cannot switch. Watch out!

Just curiuos...what territory are you in?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, I don't tell anyone I am like Cardionet. Cardionet is also using different codes. I have a matrix from Cardionet which shows the offices how to bill the professional, 3 different codes. One of which is the holter professional code. How can you justify that? You haven't established anything. Your billing policy is also being looked at.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are an idiot. the codes we use were the codes the insurance carriers contracted with us to use, take it up with them why they want us to use the codes. Unlike you where "oh opps we do not have a contract with them so we suggest using the Event code heheheh" then you are a EVENT monitor. What are you going to do when the CPT code comes out? Jump on our coat tails again because we created this market space, and do not lie to yourself and say we didnt. Face it if you had a choice of which device you wanted to sale there is no doubt which one you would go with. Lets see we have monitored over 140,000 patients, 12 studies and what do you have?? 10,000 patients maybe and 0 studies. Pull your head out. Why did you pull your S1?? Must not of had a good enough team to "inflate" the stock? HA how many shares do you have in Lifewatch? And what is it worth? Not as much as I got I can promise you that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prove it. That is bullshit. There are only 2 codes: one for medicare and one for commercial isurance...period. We have NEVER tried to bill as a holter. We CAN replace a holter if the doctor sees fit..but we do not tell a doctor to bill as a holter because we can not bill it as such. it is up to the doctor to use CardioNet as a holter. Now...I have seen LW pass around company literature stating you can bill for a MCOT, event, and HOLTER. I think LW is getting very desperate and sees that they are losing what they have had for years prior to CardioNet taking it away from them.

The new ACT is a joke. You tell doctors to tell patients they cannot move more than 10 ft away. Your AF reports SUCK...wait until you see the NEXT big thing VERY soon. You will once again be scrambling to catch up.

You never answered my question. Once again what state are you in?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have a runaway rep, I'm looking at a matrix this rep left with all the insurance providers you are contracted with and what codes the doctor is suggested to bill- one of which is the holter professional code. You created the "space" haven't heard that term in awhile. Can guess where you came from.

What does it matter what state I'm in? Maybe it's you suggesting what codes the doctor should bill? You shouldn't worry, with all the stock you have when it hits $100 per share you're going to retire anyway. S1, IPOs, yeah would be nice, can't control those things- is that how we judge success? SignalLife, WorldComm, Enron. You think your stock price will sustain your business? Wake up. I don't ride your coattails to get business, but thing I have been able to do is pick up the slack you guys leave, when it takes you 1-2 weeks to get the device to the patient, it only strengthens my position in my "space". All the paid for flawed studies can not make up for the sloppy service your company provides. You keep up the good work. Remember this- if it where not for the "event monitors" we would not have the technology available to both of us. Cardionet piggybacked on the technology of the event monitor. Next you will claim you invented the IPO- or just made it better. If your sales skills are as big as you ego I would hate to compete against you. STUD!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I have been able to do is pick up the slack you guys leave,"

Wow, great business strategy. I am sure picking up our slack will get you a long way. Glad you are doing great in your territory. The LW rep in my territory is not having as much luck.

BTW, you can get your company listed on Cafepharma by just asking, and it's free. Please stop riding our coattails.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you honestly believe in the junk you write? Do you honestly think that is the only strategy? Do you pass on the opportunitites when they present themselves to you? You seem to be kicking some a$% in your territory and I am sure the other companies have dropped the ball from time to time, are you saying you pass on those opportunities? No you don't. No company is going to be right on all the time. Just happens in my territory Cardionet is very sloppy and some of the sales reps are questionable. I guess they can't all be superstars. I get the feeling if we shared territories it would be a spirited battle, not sleezy like some reps. I wish the reps in my area where a little more on top of things.

Since we don't seem to compete directly, how do you feel about the ECardio and Biomedical devices coming to market? Biomedical is one of those sleezy companies I refer to. Share if you feel inclined.

FYI- I never "bash" the competition to my doctors. I get the feeling you don't either. Furthermore, I like this thread- don't want to start my own.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ecardio is a joke, reps will starve and need to move on very soon, on top of that the device sucks. What is Biomedical coming out with, I am not familiar with them accept the fact they only use the King of Hearts. What type of device are they coming out with?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ecardio is a joke! Who is Biomedical and where are they located? Also, what about Mednet and Medicomp Inc? These companies will soon have similar devices?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomedical- out of St Louis- . All indications are the device is similiar to yours, no facts yet. Mednet will have a device which was done in conjunction with Philips Medical. No need to worry about Medicomp, by the way their current device does not look at PWave Morphology. ECardio is getting some looks, the Biotronix pacer reps are talking about it some. Believe it or not, Biotronix does have some good relationships. Not worried about them either.

Does anyone know any Biomedical reps? Mednet reps?