for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > General Medical Sales
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Anonymous

Default RS Medical

Why are there so many openings at this company? What's the deal?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: RS Medical

Because it's a scam... Worked there last year for about 3 months - Got the job and realized it immediately, took me a month and half to get another job, if not, I would've left after training...
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Anonymous

Its always at the top of list of "worst medical companies to work for." Do a search and you'll see.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Why are there so many openings at this company? What's the deal?
Terrible management
Commoditized products
Poor reimbursement
Inadequate pay & low commission
Broken sales model

Need I say more.....????

Oh, and B.H. the VP of Sales was also a convicted felon! Amazing how this guy has the position he does!!!

Stay far away. I just got out and every recruiter I've spoken with has told me that about 3/4 of the salesforce is looking.

If RS Medical was a public company it would have been out of business by now or it would have been sold and the salesforce vaporized.

I would rate it as one of, or quite possibly THE WORST device company to work for. Stay away, and if they're looking at you RUN FAST.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Anonymous

currently in RS Medical training and now have the opportunity to get into a pharma position immediately. Any advice welcome.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
currently in RS Medical training and now have the opportunity to get into a pharma position immediately. Any advice welcome.
Take the pharma gig now if you can! Several of us are looking at getting back into pharma after being here. Reason being that we can and do sell but everyones numbers continue to plummet here and you know how well that goes over in an interview. You will make more money in pharma than at RS Medical these days anyway. With the economy the way it is you should seriously take the pharma gig. Also, if you're out at training ask to see the letter sent out to everyone last week by R.T. noting that we will be cutting employees shortly. New reps and ones in unprofitable territories will be the first to go.

My advice if you have to stay - bust your ass and blow out your easy ramp goals if they keep you. Doing over 100% of plan on ramp really looks good when you go into an interview no matter if its pharma or device. If you stay after you're done with your ramp period you'll get bushwacked like the rest of us and really have a difficult time making a speedy exit.

Good luck,

-Current RS Medical employee trying to get out after 4 years here and making less money each year than the one before.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Anonymous

I worked for RS Medical for 3 years. At first everything was great. I loved working there. Then it happened. The lies, the poor management. It was horrible. I recently left there for a much better job. Before it was see a patient and maybe just maybe you will get something torwards commission. I saw almost 60 patients a month and could not make the minimum anmount. They tell you that it will be covered and this time the system will work and it does not. It is amazing! They are closing the last week of the month becasue they can not afford to keep it open and you have to take 2 days off a month with out pay. They cut back the "big trip" from Mexico to a weekend in Vegas!!! The company is losing 1.4 million a month. Next is going to be cutting back everyones wages or even another lay off. Yes I said it. November 3 2008 they cut 20% of the work force. And my understanding more is to come. They cut the medicare department and all new reps. They cancelled all training classes until they have 3 months of consecutive growth. Good Luck to them because they have not had any growth in almost a year. You know a company is doing bad when they have a memo that reads if we do not use 411 we will save $1,000 a month. Yeah that is where the problem is. Try management. It is a little heavy right now. Lets keep upper management but lay off the most recent sales class.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

You are extremely fortunate that you were able to find another gig in this economy. Then again, it's not very hard to find a job paying more money than what we are making at RS Medical these days. I came in at around the same time as you did and completely agree, things couldn't be worse. Reimbursement is dropping like a lead weight, the amount of paperwork with private insurance and Medicare to get things paid is overwhelming, and corporate simply thinks that new products are the answer - I don't care if I have a catalog of products to sell, if insurance doesn't cover those products then what good are they to us in the field?

Every time I hear of someone going on an interview managers tend to look at an RS Medical rep like they have two heads when they try to explain that RS Medical doesn't do any annual or semi-annual reviews, or, that RS Medical doesn't adjust representatives goals based on territory changes like losing a big insurance contract, or a product from your bag (like Bionicare), and that there are no merit increases based upon your individual performance in relation to your regional counterparts or national ranking, and that we have no sales contests other than the annual run towards Presidents Club. They ask me where my incentive lies beyond simply trying to hit my commissionable revenue point monthly? Come to think of it, that's a very good question. I suppose it's trying to just get over 16K in sales every month so I don't end up on a performance plan. This all probably bodes well for RS Medical in that it makes our exit strategies all that much harder b/c all a prospective hiring manager can get from us is our ranking, # of units monthly, and monthly sales $ number. At this point I'd consider going to a pharma gig over this mess, and that is truly sad. I realize that these are difficult times, but the reality of this entire situation is that RS Medical has brought this upon themselves despite the economy due to the way they have dealt with insurance companies all these years. They are also out of touch with their representatives and managers in the field and aren't very open to ideas. If you bring an issue forward you are only viewed as being negative instead of offering up a potential solution.
I am thankful for having a job right now but must say that if this economy turns around, there will be a mass exodus from RS Medical. We've been promised change, and management has asked us to be patient through all the transition and let our new system work itself out. Well, we're all still waiting and haven't seen corporate deliver. I know how many chances I get if I don't deliver numbers every month - how many chances does RS Medical management expect us to give them in return before trading in our loyalty for another position?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Anonymous

Has anyone ever had difficulty with receiving your bonus even though all inventory was returned upon separation from RS Medical?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Anonymous

If you were terminated and on a plan, you probably didn't make any bonus anyway - so your question is confusing. If you resigned, you will get your bonus. It was already earned and it is owed to you by law. I have heard of bonuses being held back when employees leave, or a last expense report not reimbursed until your inventory has been returned along with your computer and fax machine. According to what we signed when we started here, they could technically deduct any lost inventory out of your last check or bonus check if it can't be accounted for. A delay in that circumstance is usual, and lets face it, things never happen with any speed around here at RS Medical. If you are having an unresolved issue with getting that money, your best bet is to call human resources, if that doesn't work, start faxing your request to the general fax line in sales operations every day until you get an answer or directly to R.T. They won't like the fact that the word will get out that they are doing this (as sales ops tells the field basically everything that goes on there) as turnover and reps interviewing is at an all time high as it is - plus, it makes everyone worry that for some reason corporate may not have the money to pay you. Believe me, making a fuss about it and them doing nothing will cause more problems for corporate than them simply cutting you the check!

If all else fails go online and get the information about B.H. being a convicted felon and start faxing that into the general fax line - that'll surely get their attention!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Anonymous

What is the latest news at RS Medical. Is it any better? Are their still reimbursement issues?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What is the latest news at RS Medical. Is it any better? Are their still reimbursement issues?

No better, it's actually worse. Have lost almost 150 reps over the last year. Whole field force might be going 1099 but it won't work b/c they don't have enough contracts to keep a 1099 rep afloat and they probably won't pay the correct sales % as compared to other 1099 DME outfits. 70% of the company makes no monthly commission and over 50% of the company is on performance plans. These aren't bad reps, they're reps getting a ton of referrals.

Will probably hear about our impending doom shortly.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Rivkah

Banghead Re: RS Medical

I worked for this company for several years. In that period of time there were at least 5 reorgs. Executives were hired, and would be introduced to the rest of the company and then they would just fade away, never to be seen or heard from again. No explanation. There were I believe 3 medical directors in 2 years. One had barely signed on and resigned within about 45 days. Then another signed on, was introduced and then disappeared in less than about 6 months. Now there is another one on board. In the past 3 months there have been a number of executives and managers resign.

The business practices of this company are questionable. When problems are pointed out about sales practices that "smell" unethical, the report is "investigated" and brushed asside, with the person making the report getting into hot water. This happens ALL THE TIME. There have been reports from patients that RS Medical sales people have presented themselves to the patient in the doctors office wearing scrubs, as if THEY are part of the office medical team. There is a field sales person who has submitted paperwork for product that was dispensed more than ONE YEAR PRIOR to the paperwork, and PRESCRIPTION being turned in to the home office. THIS IS NOT LEGAL. Sales people have been known to tell patients that "this will not cost you a dime" in order to make the sale. Then the patient gets a bill and calls in to the corporate office upset. There have been instances where the patients insurance was never billed by RS Medical. The timely filing period has passed, so the insurance will not pay. So RS Medical bills the patient. How is that even ethical? The patient has no control over the speed at which RS Medical bills, or if they do it within the timely filing period.

Then there is the way they treat their employees. There is supposed to be an "open door" and "open communication" policy, but when you try communicate with managers or executives you often do not get responses to emails for days and sometimes not at all. I personally remember emailing one manager I had, on no less than half a dozen occasions, and NEVER received a reply to any of them. This was not an uncommon occurrance. They also have a sick policy that requires you to "pre-arrange" your illnesses. If you pre-arrange your illnesses 24 hours in advance, being ill will not be counted against you. If you do not pre-arrange your illness, you will still be responsible for the productivity for the day(s) you missed that were not arranged in advance. How do you pre-arrange being sick? Further, in general they treat you as if you are a child, they work very hard to castrate employees ability to make decisions. There are large flat screen televisions in the breakrooms, and on the wall in several areas touting the company products and pictures of some events that are from sales conventions, and the like. And casting the message that RS Medical is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK. A FUN PLACE TO WORK. Truth is, it is an AWFUL place to work, they work you like a dog, do not give raises, do not give bonuses, give you out dated computers to work on that repeatedly crash, and the office supply cabinets are EMPTY, because the company is not making money. But the EXECUTIVES and SALES STAFF have gone on cruises two years in a row.

And on Thursday September 1st they laid off over TWENTY employees from the corporate office. AFTER PUSHING MANDATORY OT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. AND THEN SEVERAL OF THE LAID OFF EMPLOYEES WERE SHORTED ALL OF THEIR OT. CROOKS....This company is a SCAM....Oh, and what company give directives to it's employees in a company wide meeting of WHAT TO DO IF THE FEDS SHOW UP AT YOUR HOME.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Anonymous

Been here for a time. The best days are long gone. Company is losing money, no secret. Products are dated, Acct mgrs' used to be PT's, nurses, Athletic trainers etc...now they hire almost anyone, so credibility with prescribers is almost nil. Pay stinks compared to other Med co's. Your pay is directly tied to how well the insurers in your area pay. You can sell 100 devices a month in a state that limits prices and what can/can't be prescribed, or you can sell 100 in PA or FL and make 3 times as much money because they allow more $$ devices. Some states have so many restrictions and exclusions that its almost impossible to make a decent wage. Rep turnover is over 40%. NOT unusual for reps to leave almost immediately. Some areas haven't been able to keep a new hire in years. CEO has hired 6 or is it 7 VP's. He has so loaded up the exec suite that they suck the co dry. Used to get by with a couple Vp's and a few Directors, people just jumped in and did what needed doing. Now they are so vertical that it takes forever to do anything, everyone jockeying to justify their existence. The people who built the co are all leaving or asked to leave. New product lines are questionable. Selling a positioning system that can be had through other distrubutors or a catalog...common. It's an all-day sale..for $1000? In good payor states, that's 2 or 3 back braces that takes all of 30 mins. It's a 1 and done. Now they want to compete for disposables...talk about David and Goliath. How about cam-walkers? CPM machines? ACL and post-op knee bracing? It took all these geniuses a YEAR to announce that our new 'focus' is on Pain Management. Wow. So underwhelmed. Thought that's what we WERE doing since, well, forever. The new management never sold the product. In fact, there might only be 1 person left in any senior position that actually SOLD the product. New managers are clueless. Absolutely clueless. They know nothing about the market, our products. The new reps leave because they get NO support, they get tossed into the field, often to clean up a big mess. All I'll say is: Rookie of the Year 2010. Where is she NOW?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Anonymous

Oh YEAH! Someone finally telling the truth. Rookie of the Year? FRAUD. Total Fraud. She jumped ship when her scam became clear. They put a new AM just out of training into this superstar territory in IL. Then the new AM finds out the orders, HUNDREDS of them..were faked. Forged signatures, bogus orders.Talkin' big-time trouble if the Fed payors find out. AM's being let go all the time. Used to be that if you had a bad streak, they let you work through it. Not anymore. They give you a few months to perform a miracle then bye-bye. Expense accounts slashed. AM's USED to get..ready for this...$5000 a month. Now they get $850 to $1200. Car allowance slashed to $300/mo TAXABLE and 25c/mile. That doesn't cover true costs. Sales force still has turnover of 40%. Only the very top never change. Hell, they'll ride that horse 'till it dies underneath them. But the average, hard-working AM will make maybe $65K. Base is $54K if you keep perfect inventory with 0 loss. One of the best guys in the co, Eastern Regional mgr left.The newly hired VP of sales was fired. National accounts is a mess....the people who go out and get the contracts are fired with only a couple left. But they have a manager, a Director, AND a VP. This CEO really is clueless and heartless. He just does not know our business and is trying to force us into some textbook model. DME companies need to be lean and mean, fast to act. We are sodden with overhead, too many chiefs, slow to do anything, reactive, and really lousy product mix. The flagship product is an endangered species in a shrinking market. Insurers hate it, and more and more refuse to cover it. NY work-comp banned it. The model isn't broke, but it need modification. Oh, and the whole ETC thing is a joke. They pay on what is 'expected to collect'. Hmmm....those #'s haven't changed in years to accurately reflect what payors really pay. So it encourages AM's to place equipment that will not get covered, or covered at a low payout because they get paid on a fictional number. ETC also looks good on the books. The receivables column is bloated to reflect a fantasy number. It goes on and on. They can't bill Medicare secondary insurances. CAN'T. So they walk away from a million $+ yearly. Then they claim poverty and fore the rank and file and pay themselves fat 6-figure salaries.

Here's a PLEA for sanity. Rick Terrel: PLEASE, oh PLEASE take your company back from these maniacs. There's enough (maybe) of the people who built the company to rescue it. They should've taken the buyout offer that was offered 2 yrs ago.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Anonymous

For the individuals on this thread, especially the last few posters - if it meant aiding in the prosecution of these actions, would you be willing to come forward with a statement?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Anonymous

I left. I just couldn't handle it anymore. This CEO is more concerned with making his personal milestone payments than the people who actually earn the money. Now we hear that they will be outsourcing a big slice of the company. Pathetic. I went 1099...and now I realized how much we were being screwed over. I'm making more money now doing about 60% of the biz I used to do..no more posturing conference calls, no more CRM computer crapola ( how much did THAT boondogle cost the company...?) Bottom line is the company is run by azzhats that have NEVER SOLD THE PRODUCT, hence they have NO clue what we really do every day. If they did. they could see how flawed their approach really is. Every time an AM leaves...howmuch of that biz do they get back? None if the AM stayed in the= DME game. Doctors don't give a rat's ass about RS..they call the AM that they learned to trust over a long period of time...the company that the AM works for is a secondary consideration. Rick T needs to take his company back, fire the CEO an ALL his cronies, get the core people who are left back in control and start rebuilding. Pain Management. 2 YEARS of dicking around to arrive at the REVELATION that we are going to be THE company for pain management. Geniuses.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Anonymous

We have the same issues at Zynex Medical. Currently Zynex is stripping the reps of commissions because they won't work with many insurance carriers. Zynex has pissed off so many adjusters that they refuse to work with us. I went on the internet to read about Zynex and was shocked to see the negatives about the company I WAS so proud to work for. Our company billers have been filling out paperwork and from what I understand this is a big NO NO. I also thought our 60 day free marketing strategy worked well for our patients until I found out that it is a lie. I understand your frustrations at RS Medical but rest assured it's a problem everywhere. I feel disillustioned and lied to at Zynex. I have nowhere to go for now but am looking for all opportunities. Pharma won't work for me but I'm looking at other DME companies that don't resort to gimmicks to get business. NOTHING IS FOR FREE ZYNEX MEDICAL. LIARS
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Anonymous

massive nation wide layoffs today. there is almost no one left at RSMed
Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Anonymous

No one wants to work here anymore anyway. 50% field reps laid off and next is corporate. Everyone already has their resume out. so it's a sinking ship. how do you become the premier pain management provider with 60 reps?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Anonymous

It was another bloodbath at Home Office Tuesday. I got calls from several AM's who were fired. These were not losers, mind you. These are hardworking people who did the best they could with what they were given. So, less than 100 AM's left now. The strategy is that the remaining AM's will glean all the biz left by the departing reps. You would think these assholes would know that this doesn't work. It's been proven over and over. The AM's left are not going to leave their comfort zones and drive all over creation and back to grab a few extra sales from a foreign office. Not gonna happen. The offices got spoiled by all the in-person service. Suddenly they are going to work by FAX with some AM they might hardly ever see? Riiight. These clowns should realize that as their AM's left or got fired..sales dropped, and profits disappeaed altogether. This Jack Welch bewannabe narcissistic CEO Knosin Mr. MBA from Colorado State...his best game is to try and slash expenses faster than the income falls so at least on paper it looks like a turnaround. Here's a clue John...that works for about 1 Quarter, then your Board will figure out the paper game you're playing. When nothing is left...then watcha gonna do? You're CEO of a company 1/2 the size of what it was 2 yrs ago..amnd falling fast. Captain of the titanic and ally ou are doing is rearranging the deck chairs while the band plays on. You have a few bright stars still there...and you should have put THEM in a position of authority to make changes rather than bringing in your cronies and people from other industries who don't know the game. Only now, a year or so later are you maybe figuring out that thise clowns were clueless...and they are falling by the wayside 1 by 1. One of the smartest guys in the company,,,decades of experience...is leaving because he just can't stand seeing what is happening here. Talk about an instance of gross negligence...he should have been a VP years ago..he's forgotten more about DME than you will ever know. The company is so full of contradictions I can't begin to count. If a few of your remaining stars lose some insurance covereges, of get smart and go 1099 ( call me....I have better and broader insurance in-net coverages than RS DOES!!!..and a wider product portfolio, too!) RS will tank so hard that your unborn Grandchildren will feel the pain!

How DESPERATE are you as a CEO that you have to broadcast the fact that you sold your SECOND HOME IN NEW HAMPSHIRE so you can spend more time in Vancouver....oh, my poor thang. Are you KIDDING me? You are FIRING people by the SCORE, losing the company MILLIONS....Dec is a RECORD loser....and you tell people that you are selling your VACATION home. Most of the people you told that gem to are hoping to keep their ONLY home safe! Of they've already been fired and are counting the weeks until they run out of money. Your sacrifice is overwhelming. So John....how's the Northeast doing for you? Once a star, solid numbers, profits. Now...NO managers from Ohio eastward and South to MD. NY has 2 AMS left to cover ALL of NJ, 5 Boroughs, LI ! And 1 of them is tanking hard. Your new manager..14 mos maybe....got hired and had NO idea what he was doing. The rest sit at home doing paperwork all day covering their asses. Tommy B..a survivor..gets out EVERY week and rides with reps..sells accounts...digs out and fixes problems. YOU hired a VP who trash-talked his own people and chased the good managers away. At least HE left before he got fired. So here is a "premiere" pain management company with 2 barely breathing reps in the best market in the country! But as CEO..I'll bet you can't even tell us what insurers we have and don't have there. You have a gaping CHASM in what should be the best market in the country! Your response...fire the managers so nobody is left to even turn out the lights.

Rick T..TAKE YOUR COMPANY BACK and fire this self-serving fraud of a CEO. Get the last remaining sane people there together, hire back the good ones who were canned, and get the company back on track.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Anonymous

who is the guy with decades of experience that is leaving but wasn't laid off? rs medical will never recover. konson took 20 years of profits and destroyed the company in only 2 years. its a disaster of epic proportions
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Anonymous

All true, however do you think that the owner doesn't know?

It is the Board of Directors that recently approved the layoffs and the contracting with a Offshore Outsourcing Company for a majority of "Home Office". It is a disgrace but do not think the owner is not aware. I am afraid we may never know the real truth here.

Many loyal, hardworking people who have worked for the company many years are going to suffer as a result of these decisions.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Anonymous

How loud does the fat lady have to sing before the owner and board members see RSMedical dying breaths. John K. has shot so many holes in the ship that it is sinking so fast it may not be able to be saved. It could be months, a year or two before RSMedical is totally gone if not sooner with John in the captain's chair.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Anonymous

I think Rick T knows what's going on. Maybe he is in denial? Maybe he just doesn't give a crap anymore. Maybe he really believes Konsin can turn it around. Rick made his $, lives well, and has other ventures. I can't WAIT for the National Sales meeting in Portland. Why not use the nice company auditorium? Oh yeah..don;t weant the home office people to hear about the path forward. Hey John...they figured it out when Jagdish and all his Indian friends showed up to get trained by the people you're firing in 2 more mos. You have nothing left to sell. Your hat is out of Rabbits. If a few of your top sales people get smart and realize they can make more money going independent...you're toast. How many hours do you stay up at night wondering if Victor B is gonna wake up and take his 3M+ in sales with him? You're supposed to be some Merger/acquisition specialist...are you kidding me? Rick closed the wallet a long tome ago. At least he knows not to let RS drag the rest of his portfolio down. Hope the sale of the NH house is going well. I know more than few loyal employees are wondering if they will HAVE a home 6 mos from now. 8 field managers left...60ish reps. Jeeezus. You can have your awards dinner at the Arbys and not exceed occupancy regs. That should also dovetail nicely with your expense account limits. Same old people patting themselves on the back and talking up the 'new' RSM. Here's a thought. It's free. Rather than firing all your AM's....there were a lot on the margins. Why not offer them a 1099 or part-time position? You keep the sales, keep the MD's happy,. move some equipment...and the employee is not on your books anymore..but at least they keep a living while they look for a new position..or expand their new business. How about a separation package you cheapskate? Some of these people had a decade or more of service..and you cut them loose with just unpaid vacation time? How low. How much do your VP's get when they leave? You don't even give these people a chance. They BUILT the company while you were screwing up your last position. Do us all a favor..move on. If you REEALLY care like you say you do..it would benefit all the rest of the employees if you resigned.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

RS MEDICAL IS LOSING MANY REPS TO ZYNEX MEDICAL IN COLORADO. I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO FIGHT!!! RS MEDICAL NEEDS TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION NOW!!! DON'T LET THESE REPS LEAVE YOUR COMPANY AND GO TO A MAJOR COMPETITOR!!! IT'S KILLING THE INDUSTRY!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Anonymous

Fools. Of course the owners know what the new CEO is doing. He is a hired hatchet man. They are positioning to sell the company. Why else would they get rid of 70% of the field force and outsource home office? To show profit on paper on a VERY short term basis!!! It is obviously not a great long term decision. The smart ones that are left should spend our last remaining breath with this charade of a company getting a resume ready and in front of other companies.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Anonymous

Cool Re: RS Medical

Of coarse we are getting our resumes ready, but also staying around for what ever we can get. We are not fools. We are good people in a messed up situation. We also believe in Karma, good and bad.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
In the know...

I have it on good authority that a 2 month lay-off notice will be delivered for much of the corporate office on 02/03/2012. Does this date coincide with a mandatory company meeting?
Prepare good folks, God Bless!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

why cant yall just focus on the important stuff? like the fact that our ceo currently has no vacation home...... priorities people!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Anonymous

The outsourcing company is already learning the jobs of the people they will be replacing. 2 mos is the correct time frame. How sad. But as the previous poster said, please bear in mind that our CEO DID give up his vacation home.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Anonymous

Did anyone notice Rick T crying like a baby at the PC Formal Sunday night??? wonder if it was because of his burden he is carrying from screwing over so many families??? OR is he crying because the show is over and there is nothing else to take from the rest of the fools that are here? He used his stand in "Harry Potter" to come up with all type of products that suck to make it seem like the company will be around for years. Right! If you think this is true, you need to consider this. Why would you bring out a product that is not even covered in the Pain Management arena since by the way, "we are the #1 Pain Management company" The only pain I see is the families hurting after this company cheated them for years. You should be ashamed of yourself RT and JK. I would cry as well.... Job well done!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Anonymous

This is all so rediculous!! Seriously? Who gives a CRAP if jk gave up his vacation home?!! You obviously have NO CLUE what peopleand their families are going through because of this! Some people may be losing their house that they actually live in; not vacation to!! Wow that is so ignorant to even post something like that!! No one cares about that at all at coporate. oh.. Cry us a freakin river! Are we all supposed to feel bad or something or think that is showing some type of dedication to rsm? Yah... Right!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Anonymous

From the top to the bottom, this company has no clue what its doing. They have never been able to recover from the loss of WC covering the 4i. They screwed too many people. The new directive to recapture this market is a pipe dream... these adjusters remember the overwhelming cost of the severely outdated piece of crap they used to put on patients. New data on useage to show the Case managers and adjusters? Please! it took you guys 5 years to even know what to do with this info and now your going to use it. Sorry, these companies have moved to using other products that are 1/3 of the price and have usage reports they can pull up on site. this company does everything backward, which is why they are dying... sorry, just about dead. They had to slash $15M in overhead to straighten the books and only pulled in just over $50M? Uh, that means your business model doesn't work! Now theyre going to try to compete with the heavy hitters in disposables? This will be an epic fail... the bigwigs will squeeze every quote and you won't get an ounce of business. #1 with Pain Physicians? That means you'll have to jump about 20 spots.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Anonymous

Were 2 month lay-off notices delivered for much of the corporate office on 02/03/2012?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Anonymous

don't be an ass, everyone knows that your not allowed to tell when you get your notice.... JK doesn't want anyone causing a panic.HAHA.

ps- is it true the ams weren't allowed to the corp ofice when they were in townso as to not alarm or demoralize them?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Anonymous

What did they outsource - billing? IT? just curious because I interviewed there almost a year ago. Thinking not working for them turned out to be the right choice.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is all so rediculous!! Seriously? Who gives a CRAP if jk gave up his vacation home?!! You obviously have NO CLUE what peopleand their families are going through because of this! Some people may be losing their house that they actually live in; not vacation to!! Wow that is so ignorant to even post something like that!! No one cares about that at all at coporate. oh.. Cry us a freakin river! Are we all supposed to feel bad or something or think that is showing some type of dedication to rsm? Yah... Right!
You skip school the day they taught sarcasm?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Anonymous

this is sad...JK knows what he's doing...tough decisions with difficult short terms consequences, i.e. some lose their jobs, but important long term results...savings lots of jobs and eventually growing new jobs for talented individuals. Walk a mile in a CEO's shoes...you will get it...
Old 02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
this is sad...JK knows what he's doing...tough decisions with difficult short terms consequences, i.e. some lose their jobs, but important long term results...savings lots of jobs and eventually growing new jobs for talented individuals. Walk a mile in a CEO's shoes...you will get it...
HA! saving what jobs? get out of here! the only ones in true difficult positions are those who are losing their jobs, have some compassion ans sense. jerkoff!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You're kidding right? Take a look at Konsin's track record. At Smith & Nephew stated his *goal* was to turn over 1/3 of marketing every year. Pretty much runs out any good marketing talent they have. Ends up getting canned by S&N

Gets hired by an ex-S&N buddy at Covidien. Convinces Covidient to buy a start up for $30M+ and then presides over its demise. Ends up getting canned. Rumor has it Covidiens trying to dump the company for penny's on the dollar.

How guys like this keep getting job is beyond me....
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Anonymous

News of new layoffs corporate wide, anyone know how extensive? I tried my contacts with no response so far....
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Anonymous

Cash posting, reimbursement, sales operations, accounts recievables, benefit verification. ALL outsourced. Final days will be staggered beginning 4/27/12. Home office started getting their 60 day notices TODAY. Severance? For 10+ years of service, here's fifty dollars, don't spend it all in one place!

There's rumors that there might be some extra RSMedical tshirts or coasters thrown into the severance package.. But that's just speculation.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Anonymous

Dear Rs Medical,
3 weeks severance for 8.5 years of service is not the standard, look it up. Cheap bastards!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Cash posting, reimbursement, sales operations, accounts recievables, benefit verification. ALL outsourced. Final days will be staggered beginning 4/27/12. Home office started getting their 60 day notices TODAY. Severance? For 10+ years of service, here's fifty dollars, don't spend it all in one place!

There's rumors that there might be some extra RSMedical tshirts or coasters thrown into the severance package.. But that's just speculation.
We can use the logo shirts to keep us warm in the soup line and the coasters to patch our shoes. Wonder if the shirts were made in India, we can get our outsourcing replacements to sew them up if they wear out.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Anonymous

This place is headed towards the dumps.... the writing is on the wall. Run.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Anonymous

Red face Re: RS Medical

Quote:
Drink the KoolAid little children. There now, take a deep breath, all is well. You will all be in JK heaven very soon.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This place is headed towards the dumps.... the writing is on the wall. Run.
Ah this place is already in the dumps!!!!! People are just in denial that this outsourcing is not going to place their jobs in peril!!!! When all is said and down all that will be left is the sales team and admin!!!! Get real people, you are losing your jobs!!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: RS Medical

Severence? Got laid off at the begining of January, no severence. Said there would be an inventory bonus if everything was returned but haven't seen it yet.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Positive Feedback

I just got a raise and my current package with RS Medical is 108k. I have an excellent benefit package and decent car allowance. I work hard but the company has always stood behind me in my 7 years with the company. We have recently gone through a major transformation and there have been many changes that allot of people are unhappy with. This is sales people, if you donít produce youíre out the door, thatís nothing new! Iím sorry to see so many negative comments on this site. I canít say anything bad, Iíve always been treated fairly. Last year was a hard year but most of the changes are behind us now. I have had hard times but RS Medical has always supported me as well as John Konsin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: