» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > General Discussion > The Darkened Sample Closet
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 PM
cafepharma newbie

Question Rep Trax

I recently became aware of this company that tracks rep visit at various hopitals. Can anyone tell me more about this company? Do people actually pay money for the "Premium" membership. How did they get so much power and how can reps revolt against it?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 PM
cafefan

Default Re: Rep Trax

Rep Trax is just one of the credentialing services. This is a big issue in surgical community right now because there isn't one standard yet. So some hospitals may use RepTrax and other hospitals may use a different system and you get hit with fees from each one.

Yeah, you have to pay for them to get access to the O.R.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Rep Trax

Reptrax and their customers can go vigorously F themselves. Reptrax was founded by a rep so that once all the hospitals were on board he could go sell memberships to the vendors -- that way they could see where their reps were at all times. Instant daily call logs. As far as the hospital customers go, if they are accepting Medicare payment then they cannot keep a rep out of the OR based on the grounds that the rep is delivering technology used in patient care. So F Reptrax and F their hospitals.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

You are so very wrong about they fact that they can't keep you out. As a matter of fact, it is because they accept government reimbursement that they have to have plans like credentialing in place. It is a good thing this in anonymous so that everyone can't tell who the total retard is.

P.S. That would be you, if you could not tell!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: Rep Trax

This Rep Trax is one of the dumbest things i've ever encountered on my 10 years of service with my company. Noone needs to know my personal information like phone and email. Went to a hospital the other night to do a service for them. It took me longer to get "checked in" then it did to do my service. I gave false info just so the stupid "check in" lady would shut up. I find it absolutly stupid that i should have to sign in to some web-based system to do a service in a local hospital. I was fine with signing a sheet saying i was here on such and such day but never will i use that system again.

Why would RepTrax need my email? most of you would say "to get your lost password" right? WRONG!! on so many levels!!!! They need the email so they can send you the spam "medicine" ads from the hospital. Since the medical facility gets kick backs from all "meds" they use. Why not hit each and every vendor/service person with a spam or 10?

Think about it for a minute...... Rep Trax! Here's what i think, Rep Go F Yourself!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Anonymous

This credentialing thing is a joke! I had one hospital require reps/vendors to "apply" for credentials in the same manner a physician would. It required a $250 "processing fee" along with ALL transcripts and documentation all the way back to high school. Total BS! First off, your company is liable for your actions. They have already done their homework/background checks on you. If they put their name on you then that should be it. All of this crap comes from all of those "suits" and JACHO types wondering around the hospitals trying to look important. These people make up policies and procedures for the real workers (docs, nurses, techs, reps, etc) to trip over all day long.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Anonymous

Arrow Re: Rep Trax

Whoever said the OP is clueless is right. Exactly WHAT are you trying to "Ask the Webmaster"?? Do you think Sarah can help you revolt against Rep Trax?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

I would encourage everyone to voice their opinion on this racket. Write a letter to congress and refuse to sign up. This only drives up the cost of healthcare and creates a lot of smoke an mirrors for the leeches to get away with it. Once we are credentialed we should not have an annual fee charged to our credit cards. This is bribery to do business at the hospital which is against ethical standards and should be stopped.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Anonymous

Oh, for crying out loud get a clue all of you. These "vendor" services are just to make it more and more difficult for US to get access! I have to take TB and flu and tests and this and that while some POS PA pt and their twenty relatives can pile into the ICU and touch everything in sight. Right! I agree - these credentialing companies can fuck off. I walk in the back door dressed like a normal person instead of a monkey in a suit and no one bothers me or notices. It is just one more stab at trying to suck money out of pharma because our industry is perceived as a bunch of greedy shiftless liars.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Anonymous

Simple, tell them if you have to pay for the reptrax, it will go into the cost of your rental fee's. that's what i do. If your going to charge me to enter, I'm going to charge you to use my stuff.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Anonymous

According to REPtrax & VendorClear websites it looks like there is finally some conslidation taking place within vendor credentialing! Check out these links!

http://reptrax.com/resources/docs/ve...rax_merger.pdf

http://www.vendorclear.com/Docs/Vend...rax_Merger.pdf
Old 09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Anonymous

True- walk in like you own the place. Forget the suit, walk past the front desk and ask questions once inside the hospital. Doing it for years.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

I agree, if you walk around like you are suppose to be there and know where you are going, not one person will question you. Don't wear a suit and if you walk down the wrong hallway, just walk with confidence and turn around because no one will really pay any attention to you.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
F Reptrax

Another thing- when stuff breaks and the hospital begs for a loaner I am now charging them loaner fees where I once would have let them borrow it for free. AND I label it as a 'credentialing service recovery fee'. Don't like it? Cancel the case.
I can be clever too.

Sincerely,
F Reptrax
F VencorClear
F Vendormate
Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Anonymous

I would like to start a medical/pharma union to fight for our rights as sales representatives in the healthcare industry. Reptrax is simply being abused by the hospital staff to keep sales people out of their facilities. The management staff of each particular unit of the hospital has a budget and has found reptrax to be a handy tool to restrain trade! The staff members use reptrax to falsely report a sales person, knowing that rep will be punished or terminated. It is in know way being utilized as a third party fact finder to help facilitate credentialing for the hospital. What reptrax is doing, is essentially preventing sales representatives from doing their jobs. The reason for a sales person is to help the patients, doctors, and healthcare facility improve the patient outcome. I personally have been negatively affected by reptrax to the point where I hired an attorney to intervene. I am only asking for a fair shot at showing my product to the doctor and hospital. It is hard enough to gain market share selling anything, let alone having a third party agency police your efforts in making a living! Come on, what other industry has this to contend with? I doubt anyone can think of anything remotely close to reptrax. Let's fight this and get our rights back! Anyone interested please comment and I will personally start a private legal fund to start fighting reptrax with a class action suit. If you have been affected personally or financially you must respond now. Enough is enough!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Anonymous

I have fifty hospital accounts and can barely keep up with the credentialing. Everyday I have two emails to send this or that to one of them or pay a fee or read a new policy. My company does not allow us (reps) to click an "accept" or "sign" button until OUR legal department reviews the material which can take months. No sooner is the document reviewed when the hospitals adds another NEW document and again, I am out of the system until I can "check the box".

Whoever said this is absurd and impossible is correct. I am spending days not just hours each week to be able to even see my accounts. I have dressed down when on a quick call and walked in without signing in. However, it is getting tougher as each hospital requires badges and Godforbid you get caught inside an OR/ER/Lab without an approved stamped sticker on your chest. Even more ridiculous is that if I "CHECKOUT" even 10 minutes passed the time I said I was going to be in the facility, I get a "ding" to my rating that is sent to my manager. So now I just click that I'm there for most of the day. The bad news is if you have to go to multiple accounts, the vendor tracking still thinks you're at the other hospital and you cannot sign in again. . . I cannot predict how long I will be anywhere!!!!WTF?

I don't know the history behind these companies and to the credit of some of them, there is ONLY ONE FEE per company, per year for ALL the reps. I understand if we are in procedure areas the need for us to be trained and/or credentialed and to have our shots up to date. I can get this through Healthstream and show my card to prove it. I don't need to pay an outside company!

However, to click off on 20 some policies per hospital per year that have to be reviewed by MY company has now gone past impossible. The red tape and legal nightmare might be laughable if it were not true. I can only think of all the wasted money and time on lawyers and administration thanks to these companies and their mess.

I do not have an answer but industry needs find a way to get them under control. . . I say follow the money trail and see where it leads. I would love to see some reporter investigate the origins of Reptrax or Vendormate or another and see who started it/them, why hospitals feel the need to participate and where the money goes from both the companies and the hospitals. Has this really resulted in better patient care, has it hurt it? What about the patient and the twenty family members and snotty kids in ICU touching everything? If I am needed urgently in a case, has checking in delayed some of the urgent care reps from patient interventions? Family members and even staff kids get in without a badge and can stay there all day. The kids can run around the floors with unwashed hands, maybe without any vaccinations, and perhaps sick. They don't have to sign in or check anything and they can stay all day for days on end. This makes absolutely no sense.

Come on, I really want a reporter from national news to look into these credentially services. They are taking millions of dollars from industry! What it really comes down to is do they help or hurt patient care? Are infection rates better because of them or any other performance measure? Do they really work or are they just more red tape preventing industry from having a relationship with the practitioners that ARE healthcare? I thought the FDA had plenty of rules for us to follow. All of this BS seems like overkill to take money away from more important initiatives - maybe even drug innovation and collaboration between practitioners and industry.

Someone should send this thread to national news. . . come on folks - add to it. Let's hear from surgery and device reps!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Anonymous

Grumble dispute

Has anyone had to dispute an event through Reptrax, after disputing it with the hospital? How did it go?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
cafepharma newbie

Has anyone dealt with the large vendor Henry Schein..I have been hearing that theyextort money from the banks they work with by forcing them to pay a commission on all equipment loans they process....a former rep of theirs claims they JAM deals to lenders on large project deals without telling the other banks the full disclosure of the deal..that appears to be criminal isn't it? Does this company not possess any integrity, this is killing these banks who soon find out they are going to be writing off millions of dollars because they "bought" loans from Schein never knowing that same dr was shopped to everybody else and got financing from everyone..talk about super broker fraud here...unreal....a medical rep informed us at our last meeting that Schein forces their lenders to pay them commissions on every deal and if a non-approved lender sends Schein a legitimate PO, Schein runs behind their backs, contacts the customer and forces them to switch funding sources or they wont ship the equipment...all so Schein can handcuff their lenders into paying them more commissions...do you think Schein shareholders will approve of this lack of corporate integrity when it finds out this is running rampant across the country..banks need to stand up and fight back as this is killing the banking industry, or at least anyone who touches a Schein loan....any other thoughts from medical reps out there?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I have fifty hospital accounts and can barely keep up with the credentialing. Everyday I have two emails to send this or that to one of them or pay a fee or read a new policy. My company does not allow us (reps) to click an "accept" or "sign" button until OUR legal department reviews the material which can take months. No sooner is the document reviewed when the hospitals adds another NEW document and again, I am out of the system until I can "check the box".

Whoever said this is absurd and impossible is correct. I am spending days not just hours each week to be able to even see my accounts. I have dressed down when on a quick call and walked in without signing in. However, it is getting tougher as each hospital requires badges and Godforbid you get caught inside an OR/ER/Lab without an approved stamped sticker on your chest. Even more ridiculous is that if I "CHECKOUT" even 10 minutes passed the time I said I was going to be in the facility, I get a "ding" to my rating that is sent to my manager. So now I just click that I'm there for most of the day. The bad news is if you have to go to multiple accounts, the vendor tracking still thinks you're at the other hospital and you cannot sign in again. . . I cannot predict how long I will be anywhere!!!!WTF?

I don't know the history behind these companies and to the credit of some of them, there is ONLY ONE FEE per company, per year for ALL the reps. I understand if we are in procedure areas the need for us to be trained and/or credentialed and to have our shots up to date. I can get this through Healthstream and show my card to prove it. I don't need to pay an outside company!

However, to click off on 20 some policies per hospital per year that have to be reviewed by MY company has now gone past impossible. The red tape and legal nightmare might be laughable if it were not true. I can only think of all the wasted money and time on lawyers and administration thanks to these companies and their mess.

I do not have an answer but industry needs find a way to get them under control. . . I say follow the money trail and see where it leads. I would love to see some reporter investigate the origins of Reptrax or Vendormate or another and see who started it/them, why hospitals feel the need to participate and where the money goes from both the companies and the hospitals. Has this really resulted in better patient care, has it hurt it? What about the patient and the twenty family members and snotty kids in ICU touching everything? If I am needed urgently in a case, has checking in delayed some of the urgent care reps from patient interventions? Family members and even staff kids get in without a badge and can stay there all day. The kids can run around the floors with unwashed hands, maybe without any vaccinations, and perhaps sick. They don't have to sign in or check anything and they can stay all day for days on end. This makes absolutely no sense.

Come on, I really want a reporter from national news to look into these credentially services. They are taking millions of dollars from industry! What it really comes down to is do they help or hurt patient care? Are infection rates better because of them or any other performance measure? Do they really work or are they just more red tape preventing industry from having a relationship with the practitioners that ARE healthcare? I thought the FDA had plenty of rules for us to follow. All of this BS seems like overkill to take money away from more important initiatives - maybe even drug innovation and collaboration between practitioners and industry.

Someone should send this thread to national news. . . come on folks - add to it. Let's hear from surgery and device reps!
I agree with most of what you're saying. More recently the absurdity has been elevated to a new level when one of my Vendormate affiliated hospital wanted not only a criminal background check but also proof of college education. I would think that your employer is going to conduct this before they are prepared to pay you a salary, commission, company car, benefits, etc; Why would the hospital think that those credentialds need to be presented when your employer has already done the assignment. Where it is going next I have no idea.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree, if you walk around like you are suppose to be there and know where you are going, not one person will question you. Don't wear a suit and if you walk down the wrong hallway, just walk with confidence and turn around because no one will really pay any attention to you.
I agree, I sell devices and walk past these people all of the time, even in a suit. Lucky for me, the company I work for has said it is okay to dress casually now, that reps in suits are a thing of the past.

If you look past the people and act like you know where you are going you are fine. Do your homework so you know where you are going or just go the elevator and pick any floor. Then figure it out.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree with most of what you're saying. More recently the absurdity has been elevated to a new level when one of my Vendormate affiliated hospital wanted not only a criminal background check but also proof of college education. I would think that your employer is going to conduct this before they are prepared to pay you a salary, commission, company car, benefits, etc; Why would the hospital think that those credentialds need to be presented when your employer has already done the assignment. Where it is going next I have no idea.
I deal with Hospital paper pushers all the time. You know the type, many mealy mouthed men that always love the "procedure" and love to regulate. They are the equivalent of bureaucrats at the local, state and federal level. They sit at their desk and can't make any real decisions on their own, unless it is a committee group think decision.

It is the same thing when I sell something to a hospital. It goes through 20 different committees and by the time they decide they want it to the time a PO is cut, it takes 3-4 months. If the PO sits on someone's desk and hasn't been signed yet, "thats the process, sorry we can't speed it up. We have policies." No wonder I went back in to selling to private practices by choice.

When you talk about waste in healthcare, hospitals have so many useless people.

I also think there is quite a bit of jealousy in the hospital world. Bureaucrats see Doctors getting the fame, glory and money. They see Reps making $100-300k a year and most reps I know are pretty smooth. They also know the Reps aren't MDs or even MBAs, they have BA/BS degrees but are people people. Honestly, I do 150 on a bad year and 225 on a good year and I am not all that bright. I just know how to sell and am friendly.

Many of the the hospital types I deal with are very emmasculated men that are B type personalities. So of course they are going to like to think of these regulations. It gives them a sense of power and a way to regulate the type of people they don't like. You woudn't go into hospital administration because you are a social "go-getter." You'd go into it for job security, cubicle dwelling and clock punching.

Now, the C level people of hospitals can be more "go-getter" but they have to be. That is a very political position and the C level people make good money. I am talking about the cubicle dwellers, you know the types that sign their name with titles at the end nobody cares about...I love these guys that sign like "Joe Blo, MBA." Nobody gives a shit.

I knew a Rep that hated those titles at the end too, so he made up "GGTK" at the end of his name as if it were a title...Stands for "Good Guy to Know."
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Rep Trax

Buy a cheap stethescope and wear it aroun your neck when you go in the hospital. Nobody will EVER question you. If you have an extra, wrap it around the rear view mirror of your car and park in the Doctor's parking. Works every time!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Buy a cheap stethescope and wear it aroun your neck when you go in the hospital. Nobody will EVER question you. If you have an extra, wrap it around the rear view mirror of your car and park in the Doctor's parking. Works every time!
Drive a nice car and you can park in the doctor's lot.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

RepTrax is the biggest pain in the ass. Status-Blue was so much easier to work with. I have spent NUMEROUS hours already just in trying to get my status-blue approved information to be accepted by RepTrax. RepTrax purchased Status-Blue, but is unable to access their records! You have to re-submit EVERYTHING. Not bad, if RepTrax accepted it. However, then you have to spend so much time in follow up with RepTrax. They lost my first fax. Could not accept any more than 7 pages on the subsequent faxes. Why, well their great systems can't convert a fax of more than 7 pages into a PDF. Do they tell you that any where on their website. Their "Service Reps" will tell you what a faux paux they are making. Have a reason why you are not going to get any injection, such as you don't take immunizations, or you have an allergy, well you better be prepared for them to get you denied access! Get more and more and more documentation. Oh yeah, and every couple days you may have more crap added into your profile. In addition, if you should happen to log into a Hospital when RepTrax has added more crap for you to do, and you have not done it yet, IT WILL GENERATE A NEGATIVE OCCURRENCE ON YOUR RECORD. Depending on how the hospital wants to use that information, they can kick you out.
Great Program that we need to pay for. Is it not ENOUGH that this Industry is shrinking, now we need to add more ways to lose our job. Way to go rep who set this up!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I deal with Hospital paper pushers all the time. You know the type, many mealy mouthed men that always love the "procedure" and love to regulate. They are the equivalent of bureaucrats at the local, state and federal level. They sit at their desk and can't make any real decisions on their own, unless it is a committee group think decision.

It is the same thing when I sell something to a hospital. It goes through 20 different committees and by the time they decide they want it to the time a PO is cut, it takes 3-4 months. If the PO sits on someone's desk and hasn't been signed yet, "thats the process, sorry we can't speed it up. We have policies." No wonder I went back in to selling to private practices by choice.

When you talk about waste in healthcare, hospitals have so many useless people.

I also think there is quite a bit of jealousy in the hospital world. Bureaucrats see Doctors getting the fame, glory and money. They see Reps making $100-300k a year and most reps I know are pretty smooth. They also know the Reps aren't MDs or even MBAs, they have BA/BS degrees but are people people. Honestly, I do 150 on a bad year and 225 on a good year and I am not all that bright. I just know how to sell and am friendly.

Many of the the hospital types I deal with are very emmasculated men that are B type personalities. So of course they are going to like to think of these regulations. It gives them a sense of power and a way to regulate the type of people they don't like. You woudn't go into hospital administration because you are a social "go-getter." You'd go into it for job security, cubicle dwelling and clock punching.

Now, the C level people of hospitals can be more "go-getter" but they have to be. That is a very political position and the C level people make good money. I am talking about the cubicle dwellers, you know the types that sign their name with titles at the end nobody cares about...I love these guys that sign like "Joe Blo, MBA." Nobody gives a shit.

I knew a Rep that hated those titles at the end too, so he made up "GGTK" at the end of his name as if it were a title...Stands for "Good Guy to Know."
Amen
Old 11-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
RepTrax is the biggest pain in the ass. Status-Blue was so much easier to work with. I have spent NUMEROUS hours already just in trying to get my status-blue approved information to be accepted by RepTrax. RepTrax purchased Status-Blue, but is unable to access their records! You have to re-submit EVERYTHING. Not bad, if RepTrax accepted it. However, then you have to spend so much time in follow up with RepTrax. They lost my first fax. Could not accept any more than 7 pages on the subsequent faxes. Why, well their great systems can't convert a fax of more than 7 pages into a PDF. Do they tell you that any where on their website. Their "Service Reps" will tell you what a faux paux they are making. Have a reason why you are not going to get any injection, such as you don't take immunizations, or you have an allergy, well you better be prepared for them to get you denied access! Get more and more and more documentation. Oh yeah, and every couple days you may have more crap added into your profile. In addition, if you should happen to log into a Hospital when RepTrax has added more crap for you to do, and you have not done it yet, IT WILL GENERATE A NEGATIVE OCCURRENCE ON YOUR RECORD. Depending on how the hospital wants to use that information, they can kick you out.
Great Program that we need to pay for. Is it not ENOUGH that this Industry is shrinking, now we need to add more ways to lose our job. Way to go rep who set this up!!
I had an email alert from an institution I do not even enter. I want to send them a "thank you" for revoking my access. What a joke. Treated like registered sex offenders. All of the files that I submit start with the title, "shake down". Vendormate's "all access" option reminds me of being asked if you want to "super size" your meal at McDonalds. Laughable! This system should be a wake up call to all. Get your plan B finalized because this ship (pharma) will be under water within 5 years. These credentialing agencies will eventually kill the goose that is laying the golden egg. No reps equals no fees.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Anonymous

I sell diagnostic devices and avoid hospitals at all chances. There is just too much red tape and too many bureaucrats.

If you have the choice of going where you need to to get the business, I highly suggest you avoid hospitals as a selling venue. Once the Doctor decides she wants it, she has to get it approved for next FY budget which is 9 months away. Then it goes into 28 different committees for approval. Most of the time you end up selling the device to administrators who don't even know what they are buying, so feature selling is pointless. Then if they do want it, the PO takes another 3-4 signatures and committees for approval.

I stopped selling to hospitals last year because it wasn't worth my time. If I get a call, sure I will put in the minimal effort to get them a quote. But the time I spent focusing in on hospitals this year and moved to selling to private practice I made me a little more money and the sales were a lot easier.

Private practice equals "I want it, I buy it, here is the check."
Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs up Re: Rep Trax

Unfortunately poorly trained representatives have forced the industry to police vendor credentialling, no different than the requirements of hospitals requirements of employees. I would not allow any member of my family to be in a healthcare environment where an individual may be present in a patient care situation without vaccinations or proper education on aseptic technique. All of the vendor credentialing services should mitigates that risk.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Anonymous

Oh joy! Reptrax just announced a 53% increase in pricing. Was $150, now $229.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Anonymous

We need to revolt! This is crazy! 80 dollar increase? Let's start a Petition.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Anonymous

I set up my membership last year after the integration. Maybe this just applies to those of us who manage large territories and/or travel for KAM visits but I think 1 system is easier than having to manage a couple of these systems.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Anonymous

Post Re: Rep Trax

Quote:
Unfortunately poorly trained representatives have forced the industry to police vendor credentialling, no different than the requirements of hospitals requirements of employees. I would not allow any member of my family to be in a healthcare environment where an individual may be present in a patient care situation without vaccinations or proper education on aseptic technique. All of the vendor credentialing services should mitigates that risk.
Exactly. Does David MD practice medicine or does he just work @ hospital on cafebroadway? If you catch my point. I'll try again if not.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Anonymous

I'm appalled by the service that I received from Reptrax- beyond frustrated. This 53% increase that they have is RIDICULOUS! They in no way, shape or form offer any kind of service to even request this!!!

On top of that - members that expire ONLY in the month of February are able to keep the $150 rate - I called to ask if I updated all the members now if I could pay the $150 rate and they answered No. Isn't it a standard practice to allow 60 days for a price increase, not a day in this case?? I received the email January 31st for a February 1st increase!

I just had to express my disgust with these credentialing agencies and the amount of money they are costing our organizations.. I know for sure it's not going to training their employees!

Yes, I'm for a PETITION. This is getting crazy!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: dispute

Quote:
Has anyone had to dispute an event through Reptrax, after disputing it with the hospital? How did it go?
I actually had 3 disbutes over the past two years. One I was definitely guilty...but asked for forgiveness (not that it really mattered)

They reversed the "negative score" all three times. They're actually pretty lenient.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Anonymous

At least they let some people obtain the service at the current rate. Anybody checked their ATT bills or Direct TV bills (price just went up before the Super Bowl)? Ouch.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Anonymous

Ok so it seems that everyone is really pissed off about Reptrax or every other credentialing service out there. Just so you know a rep was going for his masters degree in hospital administration and thought that his thesis should be about the credentialing of sales reps in hospitals. Then a light bulb went off and he said, "Holy Shit", this is a service that hospitals need. There are binders and binders of sales reps info from shots of child hood to the $1M insurance liability.
Sales reps change companies because they treat you like shit or they were bought out by the J&J or Covidien conglomerates. Or you moved out of state and you didn't care less that all your info sat in a binder at St. Elsewhere. Whatever the reason, all that HIPHA info was taking up space. So what does one do? Clean up the BS. OK they are milking you and a 53% rate hike is absurd, but everyone of you probably said why didn't I think of that???? Regardless, it won't go away.
One more thing. Medical device, implant, and pharmaceutical companies don't have to buy box seats to the Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and US Open, Broadway shows, as well as golf outings, ski and fishing trips, and other summer destinations to sell your products. That is a lot of money saved that can go toward vendor credentialing. Petition your companies to pay that fee, if you haven't already. AMEN.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ok so it seems that everyone is really pissed off about Reptrax or every other credentialing service out there. Just so you know a rep was going for his masters degree in hospital administration and thought that his thesis should be about the credentialing of sales reps in hospitals. Then a light bulb went off and he said, "Holy Shit", this is a service that hospitals need. There are binders and binders of sales reps info from shots of child hood to the $1M insurance liability.
Sales reps change companies because they treat you like shit or they were bought out by the J&J or Covidien conglomerates. Or you moved out of state and you didn't care less that all your info sat in a binder at St. Elsewhere. Whatever the reason, all that HIPHA info was taking up space. So what does one do? Clean up the BS. OK they are milking you and a 53% rate hike is absurd, but everyone of you probably said why didn't I think of that???? Regardless, it won't go away.
One more thing. Medical device, implant, and pharmaceutical companies don't have to buy box seats to the Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and US Open, Broadway shows, as well as golf outings, ski and fishing trips, and other summer destinations to sell your products. That is a lot of money saved that can go toward vendor credentialing. Petition your companies to pay that fee, if you haven't already. AMEN.
That's BS. I work for an orthopedic company. We don't buy anything and I mean NOTHING, no ads, no dinners, not even a pen and we still have to deal with this crap. I'm in the OR for 8-12 hours each day and I don't have time to deal with this nonsense. It's extortion; pain and simple. I have to take a drug test and yet half the idiots in the OR are off smoking weed every weekend!! Come on... it's just getting rediculous.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
That's BS. I work for an orthopedic company. We don't buy anything and I mean NOTHING, no ads, no dinners, not even a pen and we still have to deal with this crap. I'm in the OR for 8-12 hours each day and I don't have time to deal with this nonsense. It's extortion; pain and simple. I have to take a drug test and yet half the idiots in the OR are off smoking weed every weekend!! Come on... it's just getting rediculous.
What a bunch of spoiled, and entitled idiots you are. Extortion? what a drama king/queen statement. Every medical practitioner working in the hospital has to take a drug test - idiot. I hope they ban the lot of you from hospitals. I'll start a petition myself b/c basically it is getting "rediculous" (ridiculous).
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Granted there are a few reps that leave a lot to be desired. YOU, whoever YOU are, are highly misinformed. You sound like an Admin type or an AORN Magazine contributor. Maybe you should get out of your IVORY TOWER, quit admiring yourself in the mirror and recognize the huge value that we Sales Professionals provide your facility.

You and many of the people that write your Journal articles are so out of touch with what we actually do and the safety and quality improvement that we provide that it is unbelievable. Unbelievable that sales people are the first place that fingers are pointed if something goes wrong. With there being so many different technologies that your staff must master, it is impossible that they can master all of them. Just ask a Surgeon working on the weekend in your 30-100 bed hospital how it went the Monday after a tough stint on call. If he is honest, a good share of the time he will tell you, if it hadn't been for his rep, the case would have taken twice as long and the outcome maybe not as good.

We provide a service that is invaluable and makes a huge difference in patient outcomes. There are the exceptions on both ends of the bell curve but the majority of us make a positive difference.

Get a CLUE!

BTW - Rep Trax is run by a bunch of Greedy B@$(^#@$ that are power hungry and could care less about anything other than sticking it to someone, be it the REP or the Companies that pay their fees. Give me a break $229 for what they do. What a joke!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Anonymous

Well, does it mitigate litigation? Are patients really safer? I have seen on multiple occasions device reps late to the OR because they had problems checking into the system or (like the one poster stated) missed a requirement and were denied access. I can also see for the 1099 reps how this is a double-edged sword. They are independent and DO need proof of their credentials to enter and promote a product. However, this certainly makes it tough if the person has to pay out of their own pocket 2000 dollars or much more a year in vendor fees just to do business, not to mention all their own auto/gas expenses. I see more and more 1099 positions open and think it is just too expensive and risky to take on one of these positions if you have to call on hospitals.

I agree there are too many vendor services at this point. Reptrax might be one of the better ones since they do charge only one fee and uploading a pdf document is not that difficult but there are way, way too many requirements at this point. Do I really need to read 20 documents from each hospital to come in once a year and in-service or talk to pharmacy or purchasing? How about the accounts that actually do not really allow access yet charge a huge fee? Is it fair for their administration to require this of us when we can only talk to pharmacy or purchasing or a VAC member, yet they want 250 dollars per rep just to come in? If they are part of a credentialing service, then they should be more rep-friendly.

I agree with the one poster that if we are going to be charged 300 dollars a year or even an account, we are going to charge them back. It is the only viable solution. I think all vendor credentialing needs to have an emergency button that allows a quick check in when a rep is called to surgery. However, no rep should be inside an account selling a product that has not been approved by that account. I know this has been a huge problem in the past and really ticked-off pharmacy, purchasing and some KOLs. Maybe pharma did this to itself or reps that just have no commonsense. Either way, I think these systems are here to stay and we need to find a way to work with them and their administration to make life tolerable and workable for all of us. The big companies should also help the reps to mitigate these hurdles to access. Perhaps a liaison is in order to deal with this for us. I am often working 10 hours a day and really do not have time for a lot of the B.S. created by missing credentials, new policies, and such. I will get my shots and take my tests. I think the proof of college education is stupid as well as the drug test. I also agree that, godforbid, you cannot take a vaccination due to an allergy, the hoop-jumping is a real waste of time. Wow, hard to believe this is what being in medical sales has come to.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Anonymous

Arrow Re: Rep Trax

*What a bunch of spoiled, and entitled idiots you are. Extortion? what a drama king/queen statement. Every medical practitioner working in the hospital has to take a drug test - idiot. I hope they ban the lot of you from hospitals. I'll start a petition myself b/c basically it is getting "rediculous" (ridiculous).* (see above post)

I posted the above paragraph b/c in medical device sales you probably make around $250,00 a year or more.

A pediatric neurosurgeon makes $150,000 a yr. Granted the one I know is young and just out of his training but see the point I'm trying to make. That MD went to school a total of 12 years and think about all the student loans, etc. Practitioners take on so many risks b/c we can get sued at any time. Our malpractice is sky high. Obama may even lead to more issues but at least our pay will be the same - LOL!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
*What a bunch of spoiled, and entitled idiots you are. Extortion? what a drama king/queen statement. Every medical practitioner working in the hospital has to take a drug test - idiot. I hope they ban the lot of you from hospitals. I'll start a petition myself b/c basically it is getting "rediculous" (ridiculous).* (see above post)

I posted the above paragraph b/c in medical device sales you probably make around $250,00 a year or more.

A pediatric neurosurgeon makes $150,000 a yr. Granted the one I know is young and just out of his training but see the point I'm trying to make. That MD went to school a total of 12 years and think about all the student loans, etc. Practitioners take on so many risks b/c we can get sued at any time. Our malpractice is sky high. Obama may even lead to more issues but at least our pay will be the same - LOL!
You miss the point and sound like someone who does not end up getting several emails a week with requirements that must be met to regain access or have been blocked or late to surgery because of these systems. Most of us do not need an extra 5 hours a week or have it to do the paperwork and reading. We should be reading clinicals during that time. If a rep blows their numbers, they are out of job and our jobs are pretty damn hard to find at this point. A practitioner can always find a good paying job. That is the point. There are too many credentialing servics. Yes, they are needed and few of us would say we do not need some type of policies to better control reps coming and going. Most surgeons make up around 400,000. No reps achieve that anymore. I am lucky to break 120,000 in the "new" climate of trimming the fat - meaning my bonus. Obama will probably lead to reps not even having jobs and, guess what? It will NOT benefit the practitioner because we really do know our stuff and provide valuable treatments, training and patient care information.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You miss the point and sound like someone who does not end up getting several emails a week with requirements that must be met to regain access or have been blocked or late to surgery because of these systems. Most of us do not need an extra 5 hours a week or have it to do the paperwork and reading. We should be reading clinicals during that time. If a rep blows their numbers, they are out of job and our jobs are pretty damn hard to find at this point. A practitioner can always find a good paying job. That is the point. There are too many credentialing servics. Yes, they are needed and few of us would say we do not need some type of policies to better control reps coming and going. Most surgeons make up around 400,000. No reps achieve that anymore. I am lucky to break 120,000 in the "new" climate of trimming the fat - meaning my bonus. Obama will probably lead to reps not even having jobs and, guess what? It will NOT benefit the practitioner because we really do know our stuff and provide valuable treatments, training and patient care information.
Are you serious? The Pharma/medical device/lab diagnostic companies caused all these problems. You stated . . . "we really do know our stuff and provide valuable treatments, training and patient care information". Thats news to me. Do you think that you are a doctor?

All I get is a study published in one journal that promotes the drug or device that your company wants to sell. It is biased and does not give a fair and balanced view. All pharma/etc. companies should have focused on R&D instead of lunches, pens and coffee cups. I laugh every time that I walk in my garage and see those worthless coffee cups. What a complete waste of money.

I'm soooo very sorry that you are only making $120,000 a year. How very sad.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Anonymous

Wow, are you an ass. No, of course I am not a doctor nor think that I am, nor want their responsibility. But I have a responsibility to understand all of the products/drugs used in conjunction with mine and their FDA approved labeling, off-label uses and clinicals. I have many doctors that sit down with me over a meal or coffee for more than 20 minutes to "pick" my brain. My company does not "give" me the information. You have to spend some time every week to keep up with YOUR industry/disease state/competition. I am very fair balanced that is probably why they sit with me and ask me what I think. My product does not always come out ahead so to speak. I am sorry too that I do not make more money because I think I do a a good job in such a tightly regulated difficult selling environment. But I have a great boss, great company and not an ungodly amount of pressure, where numbers are popping up on my cell to show me what everyone bought that hour. What I have is very little free time to fillout needless paperwork or fight with some computer check-in that isn't working right or locks me out for no good reason. Now, I have to drive to the other side of town, out of territory, which will take about 3 hours total to get my first Hep. B vaccination. One of my accounts just declined my declination form. I will have to pay out of pocket for the shot and wait two months to get reimbursed - and do it three times over even though I do not come in contact with "sharps" or blood.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: dispute

Quote:
I disputed two events and they removed them. I was honest with them and told them that I was new and simply forgot and asked them for a "get out of jail free" card. They took it off.

The other time I told them that I was called in to another facility for an emergency and simply forgot to go check out due to the issue and they removed it again. I think reptrax is dumb but they have never given me a hard time.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: RepTrax & vaccines

Does any one know if RepTrax or member hospitals are being "incentivized" in any way to require vaccines (e.g., annual flu vaccines) for Pharmaceutical Representatives? Any Representatives want to confess: do you call on Medical Directors or others within these vendor credentialing companies that influence protocol or suggested recommendations on this topic?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Anonymous

Dear Reps, we are paying the price for some of us being complete idiots. I have seen reps that have been so unethical, completely misinformed about their own product, and annoying to doctors and material management staff that I wished I could have thrown them out. I can understand why some opportunist seized on the RepTrax idea. Do a job that no one else wants to do and you become rich. None of the material managers wanted to keep track of all of the reps credentials, so the RepTrax thing was inevitable. We probably all just wish we would have thought of it first. Unfortunately, I have now seen the side where hospitals are using this as a tool to keep companies out. Hospitals where third party puchasing agreements and inside misbehaving have led to RepTrax being a valuable tool to keep prying eyes and healthy competition away. It really makes me sad because I have also seen reps that were a credit to their company and profession leave, or be forced out due to the greedy and bureaucratic nature of "not for profit" (laughs) entities. The pendulum has swung so far the other way since 2005 when I started that I hope it eventually finds a center again because guess who is currently paying for all of this crap both in dollars and outcomes? The patients. Truly a sad state of affairs.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Anonymous

Default Rep Trax

Vendor Credentialing is such a JOKE! I work with a rep group covering 15 western states. Calls are: ER, ICU, OR, SPD, LDR, NICU and more. None of us are signed on with RepTrax or the other vendor credentialing companies and each hospital buys on a monthly basis. We just walk in like we own the place. If anyone asks where we are going, we just say "I'm here to take care of a problem!" If they ask what company we're with, we tell them. Then, they always ask "Are you a sales rep?" We just answer "No!" All of a sudden, they don't seem to care who we are and they let us go wherever we want to. After all, we're here to fix a problem. If the department manager asks why we don't have a badge, we tell them the company is currently working on it or we just joined and we're waiting for the final confirmation. Again, all of a sudden no one cares. On the follow-up visit, no one ever remembers we already had that discussion. What a JOKE!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 PM
cafepharma is my drug of choice

Quote:
Vendor Credentialing is such a JOKE! I work with a rep group covering 15 western states. Calls are: ER, ICU, OR, SPD, LDR, NICU and more. None of us are signed on with RepTrax or the other vendor credentialing companies and each hospital buys on a monthly basis. We just walk in like we own the place. If anyone asks where we are going, we just say "I'm here to take care of a problem!" If they ask what company we're with, we tell them. Then, they always ask "Are you a sales rep?" We just answer "No!" All of a sudden, they don't seem to care who we are and they let us go wherever we want to. After all, we're here to fix a problem. If the department manager asks why we don't have a badge, we tell them the company is currently working on it or we just joined and we're waiting for the final confirmation. Again, all of a sudden no one cares. On the follow-up visit, no one ever remembers we already had that discussion. What a JOKE!
So just lie, bluff, and act like an ass?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
So just lie, bluff, and act like an ass?
I actually support what this guy is doing. I am in device and the only people that survive in device, and really any type of business to business sales (pharma not included) is to be an alpha male, know what you goal is and get the result, so long as it doesn't break the law. You need to be an alpha male to survive in b2b sales.

So many of my competitors come from pharma and don't have the mentality guys like you responded to (or myself) have and I continue to run circles around them and enjoy doing it. Many of them came from pharma and I feel like a lion eating a gazelle for lunch.

Bottom line is this guy is right....I don't make eye contact, I make a break for the elevator, I make it look like I know where I am going, and I go. And there is a reason I make more than double what i did in pahrma in my best year and work 30 hours a week.

I get results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: