» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Janssen
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Janssen Anonymous board for Janssen

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Anonymous

Lol Invega Sustenna

Has anyone hurd of anything about the new Invega shot coming out called Invega Sustenna.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Invega Sustenna

Yes, being launched in Q4 2010
Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Invega Sustenna

yea right.....try q4 2009!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Invega Sustenna

The pdufa is 8/4/09
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Invega Sustenna (paliperidone palmitate)

Attribute**RISPERDAL®CONSTA®***INVEGA®SUSTENNA™Rob ust efficacy profile Favorable tolerability profile, Administration every 4 weeks, No oral supplementation, Multiple administration sites, Small gauge needle, Storage and preparation (no reconstitution or refrigeration necessary)
Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Anonymous

This will be led by a team led by Lynda Benton, who did a great job with both Risperdal oral and Concerta. Look for some really good things
Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Invega Sustenna

A quick review is:

First study with pali did not separate from Ris Consta = dose was too low.

Second study at a higher dose looks very good vs. Ris Consta.

Advantages vs. Consta:

works from day one
no titration from oral drugs
side effects were less than consta
efficacy similar, but once a month injection vs. every 2 weeks
no refrigeration
no more beads (micro spheres)
smaller needle
works gluteal or deltoid

PDUFA 8/3/2009
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Invega Sustenna

3 Fixed Doses (25 mg eq., 100 mg eq., and 150 mg eq.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Anonymous

INVEGA SUSTENNA WAS APPROVED ON FRIDAY (July 31).
Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Anonymous

I have never been more proud to be a part of Janssen! Invega Sustenna is a revolutionary product that will change the landscape of pyschiatric medicine. I am so excited to go out and sell this great product.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Anonymous

Smile Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I have never been more proud to be a part of Janssen! Invega Sustenna is a revolutionary product that will change the landscape of pyschiatric medicine. I am so excited to go out and sell this great product.
I agree

How are the patients responding to Invega Sustenna?
Any bad side effects happening?
Any complaints about cost?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Anonymous

Saphris will dominate the APS market, Invega and Sustena are done.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Invega Sustenna

The four week formulation of INVEGA SUSTENNA (PALIPERIDONE PALMITATE) will replace the two week formulation of RISPERDAL CONSTA. INVEGA SUSTENNA works from day one and oral pills do not have to be taken for 3 weeks when starting like RISPERDAL CONSTA does. Invega is the follow up medication to Risperdal so the medication is generally better. Two injections shots have to be given the first week of SUSTENNA. Then once every 4 weeks.

Initiate INVEGA SUSTENNA with a dose of 234 mg on treatment day 1 and
156 mg one week later, both administered in the deltoid muscle. The recommended
monthly maintenance dose is 117 mg

Prefilled syringes containing 39 mg, 78 mg, 117 mg, 156 mg, or 234 mg paliperidone
palmitate.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The four week formulation of INVEGA SUSTENNA (PALIPERIDONE PALMITATE) will replace the two week formulation of RISPERDAL CONSTA. INVEGA SUSTENNA works from day one and oral pills do not have to be taken for 3 weeks when starting like RISPERDAL CONSTA does. Invega is the follow up medication to Risperdal so the medication is generally better. Two injections shots have to be given the first week of SUSTENNA. Then once every 4 weeks.

Initiate INVEGA SUSTENNA with a dose of 234 mg on treatment day 1 and
156 mg one week later, both administered in the deltoid muscle. The recommended
monthly maintenance dose is 117 mg

Prefilled syringes containing 39 mg, 78 mg, 117 mg, 156 mg, or 234 mg paliperidone
palmitate.
and first month cost = $2,500.00? unbelievable!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Invega Sustenna

What's the cost of the monthly maintenance dose 117 mg?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
and first month cost = $2,500.00? unbelievable!
That's WITH the loading dose: 2 injections the first week so it works within 4 to 8 days! Then q30days.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Anonymous

Don't get too excited, it's still invega. Could be once a year, docs don't like the drug. Invega share shows it. The convenience stuff is over played. Will give Haldol dec a run, but expect a lackluster launch. $2500 will go over well with payers.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
Don't get too excited, it's still invega. Could be once a year, docs don't like the drug. Invega share shows it. The convenience stuff is over played. Will give Haldol dec a run, but expect a lackluster launch. $2500 will go over well with payers.
LOL! Obviously you're a PCP rep. Oral Invega didn't take off because it was like 6th to market. The drug works perfectly fine. Also, ask payers how much it costs to pay for one week of inpatient care..........I think it's waaay more then $2500. Oh, by the way, the company has already distributed more then they projected to wholesalers/pharmacies based on demand sooooooo, I think you can expect a better then lackluster launch. LOL!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
LOL! Obviously you're a PCP rep. Oral Invega didn't take off because it was like 6th to market. The drug works perfectly fine. Also, ask payers how much it costs to pay for one week of inpatient care..........I think it's waaay more then $2500. Oh, by the way, the company has already distributed more then they projected to wholesalers/pharmacies based on demand sooooooo, I think you can expect a better then lackluster launch. LOL!
Do you really believe hospitals and county formularies think that far ahead? They only care about today's out-the-door-cost, not about long term inpatient costs. Do you really think hospital pharmacies are not going to be concerned about blowing $2,500.00 and praying the patient eventually comes back? Don't you understand that most hospitals have a monthly cap for patients and $2,500 blows are through this? This launch is going to be embarrassing. You can bank on it!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Anonymous

why are reps out there talking about this drug when they don't know crap about it
what a waste of a providers time when your company has not even educated you on the product
wonder what the fda would think about that? maybe i should be a whistleblower
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Anonymous

Party Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
why are reps out there talking about this drug when they don't know crap about it
what a waste of a providers time when your company has not even educated you on the product
Yeh, you can blow my whistle.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:56 AM
KRG

gonna be a game changer
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Anonymous

Sure, just like Invega, Reminyl, etc. Real game-changers. Get over yourselves.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Anonymous

Cool Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRG View Post
gonna be a game changer
Yes, if BMS, or Lilly had the product, but Janssen.............Please!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You sir..........are stupid! Stay off of our board!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Do you really believe hospitals and county formularies think that far ahead? They only care about today's out-the-door-cost, not about long term inpatient costs. Do you really think hospital pharmacies are not going to be concerned about blowing $2,500.00 and praying the patient eventually comes back? Don't you understand that most hospitals have a monthly cap for patients and $2,500 blows are through this? This launch is going to be embarrassing. You can bank on it!
Again, you are a PCP rep. If not, you have the same primary care mindset. Understand the WHOLE market place before you make a comment.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Anonymous

Sustenna will be a bust!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Anonymous

I already have 10 patients started on Sustenna in my territory after just a week. Who is busting who???
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 AM
KRG

Whom
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Again, you are a PCP rep. If not, you have the same primary care mindset. Understand the WHOLE market place before you make a comment.
my dear sir:

I don't have to understand the whole market. I understand Janssen's marketing savvy. They don't understand the whole market place, and I have 2 excellent recent examples to prove it; Risperdal Consta and Invega. A combine total of 3% market share after almost 6 years! Obviously, you must be a Janssen MBA, clueless-mindset, marketing loser. Do us all a favor and go work for the competition.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3133182]my dear sir:

I don't have to understand the whole market. I understand Janssen's marketing savvy. They don't understand the whole market place, and I have 2 excellent recent examples to prove it; Risperdal Consta and Invega. A combine total of 3% market share after almost 6 years! Obviously, you must be a Janssen MBA, clueless-mindset, marketing loser. Do us all a favor and go work for the competition.[/QUOTE

Volare! Whoa Whoa! Contare, whoa, whoa!
Let's fly way up to the clouds, away from the maddening crowds!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
my dear sir:

I don't have to understand the whole market. I understand Janssen's marketing savvy. They don't understand the whole market place, and I have 2 excellent recent examples to prove it; Risperdal Consta and Invega. A combine total of 3% market share after almost 6 years! Obviously, you must be a Janssen MBA, clueless-mindset, marketing loser. Do us all a favor and go work for the competition.
Why yes, I do have an MBA. I can tell that you don't have one. First, marketing has nothing to do with it. By all accounts, Consta is success. You can't base it's success on the oral market. It is basically in a class of its' own. By the way, if you would read the financial reports, you would know that Consta is a $1.5 Billion drug. Most (if not all) companies would label that product as being successful. There are a couple of reasons that Invega has not taken off. The main one is that it was a late comer to an already crowded market place. If you actually knew anything about the industry in which you work, you would know that gaining large amounts of share in a saturated market place is almost impossible. Hey, here's a thought. How about letting me and my other MBA colleagues do our job and lead this company into the future while you continue to be the mindless drone that you are. I would say based on the projections for Sustenna.......that will work out just fine!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Anonymous

Yawn Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
Why yes, I do have an MBA. I can tell that you don't have one. First, marketing has nothing to do with it. By all accounts, Consta is success. You can't base it's success on the oral market. It is basically in a class of its' own. By the way, if you would read the financial reports, you would know that Consta is a $1.5 Billion drug. Most (if not all) companies would label that product as being successful. There are a couple of reasons that Invega has not taken off. The main one is that it was a late comer to an already crowded market place. If you actually knew anything about the industry in which you work, you would know that gaining large amounts of share in a saturated market place is almost impossible. Hey, here's a thought. How about letting me and my other MBA colleagues do our job and lead this company into the future while you continue to be the mindless drone that you are. I would say based on the projections for Sustenna.......that will work out just fine!
Consta will lose major revenue to Sustenna because doctors would rather prescribe a 4 week formulation vs Constas two week dosing. Consta sales will dry up just like Risperdals are to generic Risperidone. Risperdals sales took a major tumble to generic Risperdal last quarter. My point is that Sustenna is just a longer acting form of Consta, and Invega Sustenna will replace Risperdal Consta. I project Consta's sales tumbling to Sustenna's.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Consta will lose major revenue to Sustenna because doctors would rather prescribe a 4 week formulation vs Constas two week dosing. Consta sales will dry up just like Risperdals are to generic Risperidone. Risperdals sales took a major tumble to generic Risperdal last quarter. My point is that Sustenna is just a longer acting form of Consta, and Invega Sustenna will replace Risperdal Consta. I project Consta's sales tumbling to Sustenna's.
And how is that necessarily a bad thing? I mean, it's bad for Alkermes, but how is that bad for us?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Anonymous

This antipsychotic did nothing for me. Most patients grow out of there bipolar or schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old anyway.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This antipsychotic did nothing for me. Most patients grow out of there bipolar or schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old anyway.
You posted on the Invega thread also: you weren't on oral AND Sustenna. I call bullshit troll!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You posted on the Invega thread also: you weren't on oral AND Sustenna. I call bullshit troll!
and the fact that they posted the same thing on other threads tells me they are not Bipolar but rather Obsessive Compulsive. In which case, maybe an anxiolytic or SSRI is more in order.

Dr. Sigmund Freud
Old 10-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.

By the way Invega Sustenna is an excellent medicine so is Abilify.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
and the fact that they posted the same thing on other threads tells me they are not Bipolar but rather Obsessive Compulsive. In which case, maybe an anxiolytic or SSRI is more in order.

Dr. Sigmund Freud
Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.

By the way Invega Sustenna is an excellent medicine so is Abilify.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Anonymous

They outgrow Bipolar or Schizophrenia by the age of 30?!?!? You obviously don't work in community-based health centers or couldn't be THAT much of an expert. That's BS. I guess these patients I see must just enjoy the voices, thoughts and cognitive disability that ascribing those diagnoses offer them. lol
Old 10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hey, trying to get into the biz. A buddy told me about this new product and said that I should try to get in on it. Do you know if Janssen is hiring a specialty sales force to sell Sustenna?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Invega Sustenna is an excellent medicine. The one month dosing will benefit the patient a lot. Its all about helping the patient, not the money, all of thats covered under insurance hopefully.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Invega Sustenna

Will this grow me some tits like risperdal? It works great on young boys!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 AM
KRG

gonna be a game changer!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Anonymous

"Don't get too excited, it's still invega. Could be once a year, docs don't like the drug. Invega share shows it."

Sad the way these boards are full of largely ignorant sales reps bitching with each other.

Invega is a failure because it offers few advantages over generic Risperdal

Invega Sustenna will be launching well before ANY generic depot products go generic

Once monthly vs twice monthly is quite an advantage, although I'd wonder if psychs actually like to have patients in more often to monitor them? Maybe not.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Anonymous

Post Re: Invega Sustenna

Quote:
What's the cost of the monthly maintenance dose 117 mg?
Around $1023.10 per injection of Sustenna

Abilify cost around $586.00 for 30 pills

Risperidone generic cost $50.00 for 30 pills
Old 12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Around $1023.10 per injection of Sustenna

Abilify cost around $586.00 for 30 pills

Risperidone generic cost $50.00 for 30 pills
Let me guess. No Medicaid coverage either?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Anonymous

Red face Re: Invega Sustenna

zyprexa and seroquel cost around $1,000 for 30 pills that will give the patient diabetes so add on the cost of that medicine and then assume the patient will lose at least half of all that medication so the government will have to pay to replace that.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That is supposed to be what you are for. Create or define the need and fill it with your products. Your not worth much otherwise. If you can't sell a product any anything other than being "priced right", go sell greeting cards. I have Sustenna on 4 formularies in 8 weeks over pharmacy objections. Find the right supporters and drive business and win. Dingleberry.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"Don't get too excited, it's still invega. Could be once a year, docs don't like the drug. Invega share shows it."

Sad the way these boards are full of largely ignorant sales reps bitching with each other.

Invega is a failure because it offers few advantages over generic Risperdal

Invega Sustenna will be launching well before ANY generic depot products go generic

Once monthly vs twice monthly is quite an advantage, although I'd wonder if psychs actually like to have patients in more often to monitor them? Maybe not.
Once monthly is a major advantage for the patient. Getting stuck with a needle every 2 weeks is distressful. Invega is average medicine that has potential for nasty side effects if used for extended periods of times.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: