» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > AstraZeneca
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AstraZeneca Anonymous board for AstraZeneca.

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Angry SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

AstraZeneca's patent on Seroquel expires on September 26, 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Teva's generic respules is out December this year!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Judtech Judtech is offline
cafepharma newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

And TEVA wouldn't DREAM of launching an at risk seroquel before then would they!! Good thing our legal team showed them what it was like to mess with AZ when they tried that with respules!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
AstraZeneca's patent on Seroquel expires on September 26, 2011.
Yes, but we now have Seroquel XR....and remind me, what are the benefits of this over IR?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes, but we now have Seroquel XR....and remind me, what are the benefits of this over IR?
The benefit is to AZ, not the patient, dimwit! The benefit is that AZ makes more money if you Rx patented, and generic benefits only the patient and the healthcare system (i.e., everyone other than AZ).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The benefit is to AZ, not the patient, dimwit! The benefit is that AZ makes more money if you Rx patented, and generic benefits only the patient and the healthcare system (i.e., everyone other than AZ).
.
I was being facetious. Try selling it. Absolutely zero benefits over seroquel.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
.
I was being facetious. Try selling it. Absolutely zero benefits over seroquel.
What about less sedation? I thought that was a benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

I hear the prime selling point of Seroquel is that is causes sedation, so how would less sedation be a selling point?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
What about less sedation? I thought that was a benefit.
Less sedation? There had never been a head-to-head trial (probably out of AZ fear of seeing the results), but if you look at sedation it is higher in the XR trials. Probably due to the XR and longer duration of action.

Seroquel IR was very predictable but that does not seem to be the case with XR.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Less sedation? There had never been a head-to-head trial (probably out of AZ fear of seeing the results), but if you look at sedation it is higher in the XR trials. Probably due to the XR and longer duration of action.

Seroquel IR was very predictable but that does not seem to be the case with XR.
Thanks!

We can't have the reps telling doctors that XR causes less sedation -- they'd never write it for this off-label indication then!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Whatever happened to the brand guy that was spiking the trainer back in the day? Is either one still around? What happened to their marriages? Did they marry?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

When does XR SEROQUEL patent expire? September 26, 2011 patent expiration is for regular SEROQUEL.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
When does XR SEROQUEL patent expire? September 26, 2011 patent expiration is for regular SEROQUEL.
Not sure you should check the orange book.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

when does the patent expire on Lipitor? That's going to create some problems for crestor
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
AstraZeneca's patent on Seroquel expires on September 26, 2011.
This antipsychotic did nothing for me. Most patients grow out of there bipolar or schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

grow out of it? Now there is some fucking logic for ya
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
AstraZeneca's patent on Seroquel expires on September 26, 2011.
You are freaking out over two years????? Jesus, get a life!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
grow out of it? Now there is some fucking logic for ya
Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.
If you're an expert in psychiatry, I'm the easter bunny. For one thing, psychiatrists know how to use the english language correctly. For another, you are pulling statistics out of your ass.

If you are going to pretend to be something that you're not, maybe you should pretend to be intelligent.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.
You still have delusional thinking. It appears you either never took your meds or didn't take enough. Good luck to you, hope you stop the doctors that take advantage of patients.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

does anyone know when will the crestor patent expire? any idea if Teva has a plan?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If you're an expert in psychiatry, I'm the easter bunny. For one thing, psychiatrists know how to use the english language correctly. For another, you are pulling statistics out of your ass.

If you are going to pretend to be something that you're not, maybe you should pretend to be intelligent.
There are many studies going around claiming this is true, and Im not intelligent, so don't worry about that. But my psychiatrist did get here medical degree at Harvard University.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You still have delusional thinking. It appears you either never took your meds or didn't take enough. Good luck to you, hope you stop the doctors that take advantage of patients.
My psychiatrist went to Harvard University, and good luck to you.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
does anyone know when will the crestor patent expire? any idea if Teva has a plan?
Check the Orange Book, google the word Orange Book in google.com. Its the book of patent expiration dates.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

it doesnt matter when it expires, it's when teva or some indian company decides to challenge it
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

I am an in-the-know position at headquarters. Seroquel IR is to be off-patent in Q1 2012. Only the top sales force will remain, mostly people that AZ doesn't want to give up to other pharma Cies.
Reps are currently asked to drive Seroquel XR performance, and I would strongly recommend that they do so: Bipolar Disorder and MDD in Feb 2010...all of this is being supported by huge investments in DTC, including Print and TV Ads, so poor performance will NOT be tolerated.
Mark my words. All the best in 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I am an in-the-know position at headquarters. Seroquel IR is to be off-patent in Q1 2012. Only the top sales force will remain, mostly people that AZ doesn't want to give up to other pharma Cies.
Reps are currently asked to drive Seroquel XR performance, and I would strongly recommend that they do so: Bipolar Disorder and MDD in Feb 2010...all of this is being supported by huge investments in DTC, including Print and TV Ads, so poor performance will NOT be tolerated.
Mark my words. All the best in 2010.
This is obviously a lie because there is no top sales force. COE winners today can be let go tomorrow if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Never mind though because the clock is ticking on all of us and sooner or later we will all end in the same place. Remember when PSSs worked to become DSMs and DSMs worked to become RSDs. Well those days are gone for good.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I am an in-the-know position at headquarters. Seroquel IR is to be off-patent in Q1 2012. Only the top sales force will remain, mostly people that AZ doesn't want to give up to other pharma Cies.
Reps are currently asked to drive Seroquel XR performance, and I would strongly recommend that they do so: Bipolar Disorder and MDD in Feb 2010...all of this is being supported by huge investments in DTC, including Print and TV Ads, so poor performance will NOT be tolerated.
Mark my words. All the best in 2010.
"Poor performance will NOT be tolerated", huh? The damn sales data is so inaccurate it's not even worth discussing! AZ knows, that if they lay off the wrong person because their "sales" are low, they could be in for a legal confrontation, because they KNOW it's inaccurate. IMS has had numerous problems over the years that's public knowledge. I know a couple of reps that have the money to really push something if they had that crap piled on them.

Tell me, what's to become of XR when Seroquel and Zyprexa go generic in 2011?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"Poor performance will NOT be tolerated", huh? The damn sales data is so inaccurate it's not even worth discussing! AZ knows, that if they lay off the wrong person because their "sales" are low, they could be in for a legal confrontation, because they KNOW it's inaccurate. IMS has had numerous problems over the years that's public knowledge. I know a couple of reps that have the money to really push something if they had that crap piled on them.

Tell me, what's to become of XR when Seroquel and Zyprexa go generic in 2011?
5% market share. Maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"Poor performance will NOT be tolerated", huh? The damn sales data is so inaccurate it's not even worth discussing! AZ knows, that if they lay off the wrong person because their "sales" are low, they could be in for a legal confrontation, because they KNOW it's inaccurate. IMS has had numerous problems over the years that's public knowledge. I know a couple of reps that have the money to really push something if they had that crap piled on them.

Tell me, what's to become of XR when Seroquel and Zyprexa go generic in 2011?
Judging from every other product, they'll 1) sue the fuck out of any generic manufacturer to extend the patent for at least two years. Then 2) They'll make an exclusivity deal with a selected generic company and take 1/2 or more of the profits and the price will stay high because there's still no real market competition.

Just look at Toprol-XL. It's fucking Lopressor, generic 20 years ago, and still AZ has its hand in the jar up to its elbow. The only people fucked by the "generic" threat are the reps.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Seroquel pays up for off label uses $500,000,000 damnnnnnnnnn
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Actually there is a study showing less sedation with xr compared to IR. A simple search on Az s site will reveal it. I am amazed how negative all you people are. Just put a fucking bullet in you head and get it over with. Gee Whiz! Get off your ass and work instead of whining.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Regarding growing out of bipolar, my wife had the response, "Why I grew out of it before I was diagnosed!"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Actually there is a study showing less sedation with xr compared to IR. A simple search on Az s site will reveal it. I am amazed how negative all you people are. Just put a fucking bullet in you head and get it over with. Gee Whiz! Get off your ass and work instead of whining.

Yeah, get out and work. Work for a company that paid a fine of $355 million for Zoladex medicare fraud, and still kept those few corrupt employees that participated in the fraud, including MW ( then So. Florida DSM) and PP (then Onc specialty rep, whose doc spilled all the beans to the Feds). In fact promotions were their rewards. Needless to say, a number of AZ innocents were canned in that process. Not one AZ exec was accused or prosecuted.
Same story for Seoquel, the Fed was happy to get their $520 million, and no exec from AZ bit the dust (as usual).
Money for lives and lies...it's OK, even as we, the AZ reps are paying for it with our incredible pay raises and huge bonus's (?) Why worry as long as our beloved and highly disiplined and motivated mangement keep their jobs and make those well deserved bonuses, Heil AZ!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Did you mean "when does the patient expire", or "when does the patent expire?"
Both questions are relevant.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This antipsychotic did nothing for me. Most patients grow out of there bipolar or schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old anyway.
Oh?!?!? My father only got worse as he got older....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If you're an expert in psychiatry, I'm the easter bunny. For one thing, psychiatrists know how to use the english language correctly. For another, you are pulling statistics out of your ass.

If you are going to pretend to be something that you're not, maybe you should pretend to be intelligent.
maybe he's "Sigmund FRAUD"!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Any advice for interview prep for psychiatric sales?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

3 MONTHS AND COUNTING
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Seroquel, an atypical antipsychotic manufactured by AstraZeneca, was originally supposed to go generic in the United States in 2011, but has since received a pediatric exclusivity extension. This means that the patent holder submitted an application to the FDA to extend the use of the drug to the pediatric population, in order to get its patent expiration date pushed back. This is often done to maximize the profitability of a drug that is not really intended to be marketed for pediatric use, most famously when Pfizer applied for such an extension for its erectile dysfunction drug, Viagra. The patent for Seroquel, also known as Ketipinor and Quetiapine, has already expired elsewhere, and generic versions of the drug are being sold in other countries, but thanks to this patent extension, none will be available in the United States before March 26, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Actually there is a study showing less sedation with xr compared to IR. A simple search on Az s site will reveal it. I am amazed how negative all you people are. Just put a fucking bullet in you head and get it over with. Gee Whiz! Get off your ass and work instead of whining.
But nobody buys it. Seroquel IR still has the lion's share of the market and XR will tank when the generics hit the market. Expensive sales forces will go bye bye.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
But nobody buys it. Seroquel IR still has the lion's share of the market and XR will tank when the generics hit the market. Expensive sales forces will go bye bye.
Your much smarter than you look.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Both got divorced, too and broke up with each other after the home wrecking was over.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Whatever happened to the brand guy that was spiking the trainer back in the day? Is either one still around? What happened to their marriages? Did they marry?
Brand Guy went on to be an RSD. Still here. Trainer went on to be an assoc. marketing mgr. in CNS before leaving the company and the industry. Now in NYC in advertising. Both train wrecks never hooked up again.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Your much smarter than you look.
Quit dropping your articles! You're not fucking Jackie Chan!

(You ought to see "Murder by Death," it was hilarious!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Quit dropping your articles! You're not fucking Jackie Chan!

(You ought to see "Murder by Death," it was hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNzcbCrNHg
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

What you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

March 26, 2012 is the date it looses full patent protection.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Argue Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Will still have XR for a long time, But its not better the regular according to studies. It goes of patent in march or something
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

good luck trying to "sell" that xr is better than generic to pbm's

tick tock.... another shoe drops

make sure to read up on EBT, you'll be applying for them soon
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.