for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Biomet Orthopedics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biomet Orthopedics Anonymous board for Biomet Orthopedics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Anonymous

Argue Biomet Spine

opinions? feedback? what's it like to work for this division?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Biomet Spine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Stay clear. Internally, run by long term micro-managers. Externally, run by a bunch of JnJ rejects.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Curry is completely lame. He's a leftover of the previous leadership that nearly destroyed ebi/Biomet. WTF is with all those damn meetings? I hear he hardly shows up to his own meetings.
Curry is a twit. He's full of insincerity, low on substance. Pretty much a brat.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Anonymous

Eighteen years and Curry hasn't amounted to much after all that time. Although he does appear to enjoy taking credit for other people's hard work and as a result climbed the ranks. Perhaps his fast mouth got him there, but unfortunately everything else about him moves at the pace of molasses.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Eighteen years and Curry hasn't amounted to much after all that time. Although he does appear to enjoy taking credit for other people's hard work and as a result climbed the ranks. Perhaps his fast mouth got him there, but unfortunately everything else about him moves at the pace of molasses.
Anyone have any feedback/comments on the Regional manager in Chicago?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Anonymous

I know alot about the RM in Chicago. Why do you ask? Are you interviewing, or are you a disgruntled employee trying to stir the pot?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Anonymous

Neither. Customer.

Quote:
I know alot about the RM in Chicago. Why do you ask? Are you interviewing, or are you a disgruntled employee trying to stir the pot?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Neither. Customer.
Biomet has the most retarded customers and sales force in the ortho world. So idiotic they can't even maintain topic on a posted thread.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Curry is a twit. He's full of insincerity, low on substance. Pretty much a brat.
It's a pain when they start emptying the trash and they stop half way.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Anonymous

the insincerity and sputum that flows from the mouths of the leadership in Spine is persistent, like an infection that needs to be treated, and soon! So long Kirk, when you come back take take the rest of your asshole buddies with you!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Anonymous

As a relatively new person to this organization, I can definitely vouch for some of the commentary on Curry and others running the Spine division. I've never seen such immaturity and micromanagement in leadership. It's only a matter of time before Curry and others like him from the old regime will implode the company from the inside. Potential investors should definitely run away.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Anonymous

Hey Bozo....there is no need for potential investors...the company, Biomet, is private. If you are new, how are you so knowledgeable about the ability of management, which I doubt you have any interaction. If you have facts, state them...quit spreading venom!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hey Bozo....there is no need for potential investors...the company, Biomet, is private. If you are new, how are you so knowledgeable about the ability of management, which I doubt you have any interaction. If you have facts, state them...quit spreading venom!
"bozo?" what are you, an offspring of the 40's? Management affects all, especially when its lousy, it trickles down to EVERYONE. That is, unless you work on the janitorial staff. Now go empty that toilet.... retard.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"bozo?" what are you, an offspring of the 40's? Management affects all, especially when its lousy, it trickles down to EVERYONE. That is, unless you work on the janitorial staff. Now go empty that toilet.... retard.
LOL... you just have to, the alternative is undesirable.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Anonymous

What are the key products that would get a rep in the door that no one else has?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Anonymous

They have no key products to get in the door that noone else has....
Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not good.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Anonymous

What is up with this company? Does anyone have anything positive? Any thoughts on that derotational scoli system?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Anonymous

BS! they have Spinelink. Nobody else has anything even similar!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yeah, it's such a great system nobody wants to use it... it's definitely going to remain an "exclusive" system.

Of course, don't expect much from a sales force who previously sold copiers, cars, insurance, real estate.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
What is up with this company? Does anyone have anything positive? Any thoughts on that derotational scoli system?
Good system, sales force and company management sucks.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ok seriously, Spinelink is such an old system there are only a handful of people still using it across the country and its by choice since we are pulling the system out of territories....We don't even market spinelink anymore and our pedicle screw system is just as good as any other screw on the market....as far as our derotation system I have been told by several pedi's that are doing scoli on a regular basis that no system can touch it. They absolutely love it. You guys are all pretty clueless, its quite amusing.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I can give you honest feedback since I work for Biomet Spine through a distributorship. I have been with them for the last 3 years and I have to say I love the company, my distributor and the products. Lets face it there is not much difference in pedical screws. So you are not out there pushing your screws. What I like about biomet is I have access to everything, bracing, osteobiologics, stimulation and hardware. Let me know any specific questions and I will help anyway I can.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not good.
Despite Sean Curry's best efforts to F'up Biomet Spine with endless stupid meetings, exceedingly retarded "motivational go team" speeches, and lack of accountability, the good people below him manage to keep the business going and generate growth when their not stuck in his redundant meetings. No doubt, he will claim it was all his doing. His management approach is generally juvenile and he is pretty much the butt of many jokes - though, he likely has little awareness of this. Do all you can if you work for Biomet to avoid working directly for him.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I can give you honest feedback since I work for Biomet Spine through a distributorship. I have been with them for the last 3 years and I have to say I love the company, my distributor and the products. Lets face it there is not much difference in pedical screws. So you are not out there pushing your screws. What I like about biomet is I have access to everything, bracing, osteobiologics, stimulation and hardware. Let me know any specific questions and I will help anyway I can.
Work for Spine through a distributor? Doesn't that pretty much mean you work for a distributor and NOT Biomet? This company sucks, leave or get as far away as you can. They're looking to sell it in a couple of years, and there is no serious investment planned by it's private equity owners, just a lot of "slash and burn". You don't want to be around when that mess hits the fan.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Anonymous

there would be no biomet derotational system without medtronics vcm. they launched theirs 5 years ago.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Anonymous

The spine division has weak products, to go along with its weak management; they need to turnover this team and look to the future. If not the long term outlook is not favorable considering competing against Stryker, Medtronic, Synthes and J&J. It gets even worst for them when you take into account Globus and NuVasive which are organization gaining momentum.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The spine division has weak products, to go along with its weak management; they need to turnover this team and look to the future. If not the long term outlook is not favorable considering competing against Stryker, Medtronic, Synthes and J&J. It gets even worst for them when you take into account Globus and NuVasive which are organization gaining momentum.
As soon as the equity firms are done with Trauma, Spine too will be moving to Warsaw, IN. We'll see some changes then!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Anonymous

This division's management severely needs a colon cleanse. Best to stay away or find another opportunity until they fire some of the worthless legacy from old Biomet and JnJ rejects.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Anonymous

Recruiters! Opportunity awaits, please give the folks in NJ a call, get us out of here!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Anonymous

She is worthless. Not from the industry. Was brought in to deal with paperwork. I sell against Biomet and have seen her and heard from docs about her. She cant talk about spine. Its pretty funny. Also, pretty nice to not worry about her doing anything that can jepordize my business
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Anonymous

Heard a rumor the marketing skinhead from JnJ is working there, is it true?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Heard a rumor the marketing skinhead from JnJ is working there, is it true?
Ed Crowe?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ed Crowe?
Ah yes, the self righteous pompous ass who got himself fired from DePuy... Thank God for buddies, right Ed?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Biomet Spine is over run with hypocrisy, nepotism (Kashuba buddies), unmet promises to both people inside and customers, a complete lack of management focus who are also often found scurrying like rats and roaches... best to avoid. Folks here are just minding their time before they can find something else.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Anonymous

Robert I. Sutton, Phd wrote: The No Ass**** Rule
And outlines the following behaviors that bring an organization down.

1.personal insults
2.invasion of personal territory
3.uninvited physical contact
4.threats and intimidation, both verbal and non verbal
5.sarcastic jokes and teasing, used as insult delivery systems
6.withering email flames
7.status slaps used to humiliate their victims
8.public shaming or status degradation rituals
9.rude interruptions
10.two faced attacks
11.dirty looks
12.treating people as if they are invisible

Hmmm... Sean Curry, Mark Valentine, Matt Donnelly...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Biomet Spine

Quote:

1.personal insults
6.withering email flames
9.rude interruptions
10.two faced attacks
11.dirty looks

It trickles down to Bill Messer, Rui Ferreira and to Gretchen Dougherty-Shah. Three most worthless next to Sean, Mark and Matt.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Biomet Spine

Quote:

1.personal insults
6.withering email flames
9.rude interruptions
10.two faced attacks
11.dirty looks

It trickles down to Bill Messer, Rui Ferreira and even down to Gretchen Dougherty-Shah. These three are most worthless next to Sean.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It trickles down to Bill Messer, Rui Ferreira and to Gretchen Dougherty-Shah. Three most worthless next to Sean, Mark and Matt.
and let's not forget Ed Crowe.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
It trickles down to Bill Messer, Rui Ferreira and even down to Gretchen Dougherty-Shah. These three are most worthless next to Sean.
Sean loves to funnel down his management expertise. He's a big talker about accountability but never accepts accountability for his own bad decisions, let alone the idiots he "puppets" to run the place!

Thanks Sean for all the great flops along the way.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Anonymous

How much longer before Spine gets moved to Warsaw?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
How much longer before Spine gets moved to Warsaw?
Who knows for sure (one or two years) but one thing is for sure, it's matter of when not if.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Who knows for sure (one or two years) but one thing is for sure, it's matter of when not if.
Spine is done with current leadership!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: Biomet Spine

They are still better than Orthofix.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
They are still better than Orthofix.
You idiot, comparing arsenic to cyanide doesn't discount both are poison.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Anonymous

Heard the regional lifer Mark Checci got let go? Anyone else?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Heard the regional lifer Mark Checci got let go? Anyone else?
Are you kidding! He got promoted to Market Development Manager for North East Region! Here in Biomet Spine, more you screw up higher you go up in management! That should be the slogan for the company.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Are you kidding! He got promoted to Market Development Manager for North East Region! Here in Biomet Spine, more you screw up higher you go up in management! That should be the slogan for the company.
The comment above is indicative of the stupid distributors and sales reps who never read their emails in this company. How does having to report to Bill Tucker ( a regional VP ) amount to a promotion?

The real issues stem from the mediocre management like Valentine, Donnelly, and Curry who are running this ship into the ground!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Anonymous

Just had a whole slew of people resign over the Christmas break. This place is in an uncontrolled descent into oblivion. If you are considering working in this environment you should seriously consider the state of the business and how it's ineffectively run. There is no future in Biomet Spine, only continuous disappointment and broken promises.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Anonymous

Who else left this sinking ship?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: