what's the deal with the Gallup profile? ONLINE or PHONE CALL????

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is this and how is it given?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears to be TWO gallup tests to take. The first one is "on-line" and is a series of questions....pretty short. The second is taken after you actually interview with a "real" person...that one appears to be more situation based...having to draw from past experiences...this is on the phone...

I took the online one on Tuesday...they say you should hear from them in 3 days or so if you passed and will be moving to the next phase.

Hope this helps...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does everyone have to take the Gallup thing? Even if coming in with several years experience in the industry/ successful with competitive company. How hard is the Gallup? Do they try to make you feel like a dumbass? Doesn't sound very fun... never had to take this with current job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have taken 2 of the long versions of the gallup. This is the process of finding out what kind of a person that you are and if you would fit in well with the existing team. There are no right or wrong answers so you can’t prepare for it, the only thing that will help you is to make some notes of some of your accomplishments and note able things that you have done recently, but honestly I just did it on the fly and just took a moment before answering to think of the best example to use. To use an analogy to help you better understand the Gallup I will refer to this.
    If I asked you a bunch of questions on your eating habits, what you liked and didn’t, how you liked it cooked, how long do you like to eat, with people or by yourself, what kind of setting you like to be in and so on. After an hour of this I could then refer you to a restaurant that you would really enjoy and have a good experience in, wanting to go back.
    If it ends up that you don’t like fast food hamburgers then that is just you and sending you to fast food restaurant won’t be doing anyone any good regardless of how much experience you have with food or you willingness to want to learn to like it.
    So regardless of how you do and what grade you get the results will be the best for both you and Stryker. Good results come fast and it won’t take long for them to get back to you, failing this part will mean the process has come to an end.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do any of the questions from the initial interview with the manager come again in the Gallup Lifestyles phone interview??? I think Stryker interview questions are from Gallup on the face to face interviews...just curious. Anyone know that has experience?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best advice I can give about Gallup phone test is to have 5-6 examples written down from past sales experiences. For example I had a success, a time I went above and beyond for customer, a time I had to go extra mile to win a deal, current and past rankings showing domination and a time where an approach to winning a sale wasnt working and had to change strategy(ie. finding a contact to get you in to a deal instead of just cold calling). Listen to what is asked. Yes or no if its yes or no and then elaborate if asked. Tone of voice is important to. Stryker wants aggressive, hard working, money motivated, borderline cocky and live to work not work to live people. With all that being said if it doesnt work out dont take it personal. I know great sales guys who havent passed and it probably wouldnt have been a good fit for them anyways. One more thing if they ask you a question that throws you off guard try to relate it to money or success. I got asked if I like trees(WTF). Sure I like trees. Elaborate. Because money is made from trees. Stuff like that you cant really prepare for. Its been a couple years since I took it but I will never forget that question. Good luck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I took the 80 question phone Gallup Interview today...answered every question quickly and had a story for all of them. Thought I did ok. I don't think I did badly...but who knows. When will I know???????? Interviewer said I was very focused and answered every question quickly and said she didn't know how I would score but the results would be sent to Stryker in 24 hrs. Wow that was nerve racking. Honestly, I feel a huge weight lifted now that its over...well fingers crossed hoping to hear something soon. I'm told the manager is sent this information usually within two hrs of completion. Anyone know something I don't?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it is hilarious how that on the Stryker website Gallup says that Stryker is one of the best companies to work for!!! I have med device experience and did not pass the Gallup phone interview for a position in the Navigation division. What I find really interesting is that the hiring manager told me that he fired a pharma guy who did not work out after 9 months and the only reason he was hired in the first place is that he interviewed well (Passed Gallup). After hearing that the navigation division is a churn and burn division of Stryker I am glad that I did not get the job. I actually enjoyed taking Gallup because it really gave me more situational questions to think about so that when the right opportunity comes along I will be prepared for the interview.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you applying for a position in the Southeast (Florida)? i was told the same thing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told same thing too!! WTF? Do they call and tell if you pass/fail or do you get a letter from HR?

12. Alb_advice

Alb_advice Guest

When you pass the first phone interview.. you will be called and ask to setup another phone interview. Gallup has 2 behavior phone interview, but you need to pass the first one to get the second one. BEST advice will be understand the company philosophy... so you can work your way trough the interview mixing your experience with their philosophy!! They are rapid fire questions!! STARS type!