» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Reckitt Benckiser
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reckitt Benckiser Anonymous board for Reckitt Benckiser

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Anonymous

Default Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Comedian Artie Lange used both for a while, but struggled with Subutex, even losing hair on parts of his body. When Subutex came up on the show while interviewing Dr. Drew (Celebrity Rehab), he slammed it as being "the new methadone," would not use it, and would question his colleagues that do, saying to them, "If you had an opiate addiction, would you be using this stuff? No, you'd be in therapy and doing it opioid free." NOT a glowing review.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Oh dear god. Dr. Drew goes on the Howard Stern show. Who gives a shit what review he may give. Any degree of credibilty goes out the window when associated with either "Celeb Rehab" and Howard Stern. He is defaming a product that would cut his business out. He makes a living hoping for relapse. Turnstyle medicine. What a dumbass you are for even giving his word, or this show any credit. Its going to be okay, little girl.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Comedian Artie Lange used both for a while, but struggled with Subutex, even losing hair on parts of his body. When Subutex came up on the show while interviewing Dr. Drew (Celebrity Rehab), he slammed it as being "the new methadone," would not use it, and would question his colleagues that do, saying to them, "If you had an opiate addiction, would you be using this stuff? No, you'd be in therapy and doing it opioid free." NOT a glowing review.

Thanks for reinforcing your complete and utter ignorance. Hollywood, the last resource for people who have no knowledge of sound scientific literature. Lets see, who would I turn to for credible scientific reporting? Would it be Charlie Sheen? No wait, no, its Alec Baldwin,the queen of the driveby media, yes, he knows everything. Probably will be nominated for the next Nobel Peace Prize, if the leftists have their way. Who knows, with minds like your, maybe you could get Michael Moore elected as president? Lets see, I guess the AMA, the surgeon general, ASAM. the APA, and just about every medical group that exists with credibility left, is wrong. No, its Dr. Drew and Howard Stern we must trust.

I'm thinkin the Oxycontin must have finally eaten your brain.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Anonymous

Thank God, reason prevails for some of you. The problem with looking up to celebs is that they are usually highly flawed needy souls in the first place. Once their ego gets a taste of the attention they so desperately need, that whatever sanity they started out with, gets sucked out once the attention of the media daily plumps up their pathetic shrunken egos.

Word to the wise, don't look up to celebrities. Don't look to them for answers, especially important ones that could save your life or a love ones. Celebrities are just that. Little caricatures of their former selves, kinda like our managers. At one time, they had a shot at a semblance of decency, but in their pursuit for recognition and money, they became even very very ill.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
blkft n8t

Party Re: Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Omg these pills n question give people a 50% chance of getting off of opiates where as they dnt have that chance before. Used under Dr. care & counseling people have a high success rate. A lot of people aren't celebs n dnt have financial means of entering rehab so yes it does help. Dr. Drew u gotta b careful in the advising of patients n b sure to mention to viewers dat the participants are under supervised care. And U personally dnt believe n subox
Old 05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Anonymous

So yeah, not looking to celebs for advice concerning momentous health issues is a no freaking brainer...
But who can we look to for direction then (wail)?
Oh I know: THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES! Duh!!
You compromised cash grubbers epitomize not only NEVER biting the hand that wacks you off, but attacking all the little hands that don't.

Your loyalty is inspiring.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

If you were to hear from actual patients and not JUST the media, I think you would have a very different opinion. However, it seems as if you have made up your mind, based on a celebrity doc's opinion and thats your choice. For those that have chosen to take a treatment that has dramatically improved the quality of their lives (not to mention their families) and in many cases, saved lives, they too, have the right to their choices. I don't think its necessary to make demons out of people for their choices or for demonizing the entire pharmaceutical industry. If it weren't for research, the development of life saving treatments and people who are will to go out and educate physicians about that, there would be a whole lot of dead people, not to mention people suffering terribly. Its not the black and white world that the ever droning media makes money off of promoting. You think they don't get a whole bucketload of cash from the advertisers who pay for their programming? Lets take a look at who makes the most money at unsuspecting people's expense. You sound as if you have had a very bad experience or are just a very angry person, blinded by your anger and unable to see the big picture.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you were to hear from actual patients and not JUST the media, I think you would have a very different opinion. However, it seems as if you have made up your mind, based on a celebrity doc's opinion and thats your choice. For those that have chosen to take a treatment that has dramatically improved the quality of their lives (not to mention their families) and in many cases, saved lives, they too, have the right to their choices. I don't think its necessary to make demons out of people for their choices or for demonizing the entire pharmaceutical industry. If it weren't for research, the development of life saving treatments and people who are will to go out and educate physicians about that, there would be a whole lot of dead people, not to mention people suffering terribly. Its not the black and white world that the ever droning media makes money off of promoting. You think they don't get a whole bucketload of cash from the advertisers who pay for their programming? Lets take a look at who makes the most money at unsuspecting people's expense. You sound as if you have had a very bad experience or are just a very angry person, blinded by your anger and unable to see the big picture.
Thank you for speaking so eloquently for the thousands that have either suffered with addicition or the families that have suffered. Dr. Drew has no credence for those of us who have suffered along with family members or for those that have been addicted. How many hundreds of thousands have we already spent on just say no abstinence rehabs that didn't work; many times making mulitple stays at these rehabs. If they worked does anyone think that thousands would have sought out medication assisted treatment? This medication has offered renewed hope; hope for a future and a life. As a parent; I thank you as do the many that I have referred to this medication assisted treatment.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Anonymous

As one who has experienced about every perspective of this issue professionally, within my own circle of friends and family, I thank you for taking the time to come here and speak. Unfortunately, a lot of what is said on these boards is petty gossip or just plain destructive. Once in a while though, thankfully, you get great feedback that can mean the world to a family, a person suffering from this disease, a physician, a counselor and/or the people who worked so very hard to research this med and get it to those who need it the most. Last but not least, I thank the clinical liaisons or reps, it makes no difference to me what they are called. I'm just grateful that they did not let predjudice and the fear from a whole lot of scared misinformed people, deter them from taking on this job.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkft n8t View Post
Omg these pills n question give people a 50% chance of getting off of opiates where as they dnt have that chance before. Used under Dr. care & counseling people have a high success rate. A lot of people aren't celebs n dnt have financial means of entering rehab so yes it does help. Dr. Drew u gotta b careful in the advising of patients n b sure to mention to viewers dat the participants are under supervised care. And U personally dnt believe n subox
I have no experience with subutex but when I had surgery on my spine, I was prescribed OxyContin 80s and I thanked god for those 80s for saving my sanity because nothing else made a dent in the mind numbing pain I was in. I was fully aware of the addictive qualities of OC as I regret to admit that I have abused them in the past. After using them and abusing them I tried quitting on my own, and I am a very strong person so I persevered and made it through the 3-4 days of absolute hell. The next time I quit I used suboxone to assist me. This is when I realized that suboxone is truly the miracle medicine. I did not have any hot/cold flashes, none of the body aches that would've dropped an elephant, and minimal depressive episodes. Anybody who hates suboxone is either uninformed, inexperienced, or have a political alterior motive to try to keep the most wonderful medication in the world out of the hands of people who can greatly benefit from them. The only thing in the world that works better than suboxone is Ibogaine which is illegal in America because the government wants to hook people on methadone to perpetuate their addiction and profit off their constant extended misery. If you hate suboxone, you are evil because you hate the idea of people bettering themselves and not going through hell to do it.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Anonymous

Thank you. We are all on a path to get out of our hell holel and some of us get derailed. Its encouraging to hear about those who make it.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Anonymous

Dr. Drew is an exploiter of addicts and does so in exchange for ratings and should have his license to practice yanked, IMO

He knows next to nothing about opiate addiction.

The average junky at a Methadone clinic knows more about opiate addiction than him.

I'm 50 years old and have been on opiates for half my life.

Self-medicating due to a chemical imbalance.
Never used IV drugs.

I was also on Methadone for 10 years, but even at low doses, the Methadone made me unmotivated, lazy, etc...

I finally got on Subutex once it went generic as I could not afford the high cost of the RB name brand Subs.

Subutex has been like a miracle drug - not only has it addressed the depression issues I had, but it also has completely taken away any cravings/thoughts/desires to use/abuse opiates.

I'll likely be on Subutex for the remainder of my life, but I don't mind as this is the best I have ever felt mentally.

The Subutex does not get me high or buzzed like other opiates did, but it seems to hit certain receptors just right so that it has an anti-depressant effect and works in a way that none of the numerous anti-depressants I have been on ever have.

It's somewhat of a very subtle mood-brightening effect and it also takes away any desire to use opiates, and I'm not on any other drug except for 10mg Zolpidem for sleep, as I've had chronic insomnia my entire life.

The Subutex also helps with some of my pain issues (L4/L5 - 6 mm protrusion, plantar fasciitis, and other issues) but not as well as high doses (50mg.+) of Methadone.

But the overall cost of Subutex (Dr. visits + cost of generics) is less than MMT, and I don't have to deal with the MMT clinic rules/drama/politics, etc...or the side effects of Methadone.

BTW, I take 8mg. per day and I pay $3.25 per 8 mg. tablet.

If RB were to make this drug more affordable, more people would get on it.

I wanted to get on Buprenorphine for the past several years, but couldn't afford the high costs of the name brand drug.

This medication is truly a life-saver and now that the patent has expired, I hope to see other generics out there in the hopes that the price comes down and the drug becomes more affordable.

I know Teva is coming out with a version, but most of their meds are sub-par.

Ambien was once over $3.00 per 10mg. pill, but now the generics are now about .15 cents each at Costco.

Hopefully, Subutex will come down to about a buck a pill in the near future.

RB could make an inexpensive generic and get half the people on MMT to switch over to Subutex if they played it right, not to mention all those people who ended up addicted to OxyContin and other opiates.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:09 PM
aTOMic Tom

Get generic Buprenorphine (Roxane) it's dirt cheap and effective. Of course your MD has to trust you re: abuse potential.

Saved my ass, too.

Good luck
Old 09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Anonymous

Mine too! Since when does the presence of anyone on t.v., be it doctor, idiot off the street , president-even thats up for debate, legitimize any of their behavior? let alone seal it with some sort of stamp of superiority.

If I've learned one thing, if its on t.v., you better question the hell out of it, because its always just someones opinion, filtered through a journalist's opinion or a camera angle/audio selectivity and/or a producers, to do what? Make a whole hell of a lot of money. When, did these people earn status as being somehow superior in authority to any other money hungry fool?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Hey asshole suboxone saved my fucking life. What the hell can you say about that should i have not taken it??????
Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Anonymous

Ibogaine is really good for curing addictions. Great Ibogaine treatment clinic
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Oh dear god. Dr. Drew goes on the Howard Stern show. Who gives a shit what review he may give. Any degree of credibilty goes out the window when associated with either "Celeb Rehab" and Howard Stern. He is defaming a product that would cut his business out. He makes a living hoping for relapse. Turnstyle medicine. What a dumbass you are for even giving his word, or this show any credit. Its going to be okay, little girl.
you have no idea what you are talking about, as a user of subutex/suboxone for 3 years, TRUST ME he is absolutely RIGHT. This drug is EVIL it is the re-engineered methadone designed to be SUPER addicting, EXTREMELY long half life which gives nearly zero chance of ever getting off the drug and returning to a normal life. Starting buprenorphine treatment (which i have NEVER strayed from) was quite possibly the worst decision I have ever made in my entire life. It is now to the point I am seriously considering suicide. Never during my years using heroin, methadone, or anything else have I felt so completely hopeless. Life becomes impossible to live while on the drug (fatigue, mental dullness and worse mental dependence than I EVER had on heroin or methadone). Getting off the drug is another dead end, entirely impossible for most people. Their opiate receptors will likely never heal properly resulting in endless withdrawal. When a person cannot handle a 7 day withdrawal from a drug like heroin, most likely they will never be free from the 2 plus year time frame they are now looking at for a freedom that may not even be possible anymore. TRUST ME this shit is horrible. PROPS to Dr. Drew for having the balls to speak the unpopular truth on this huge money making drug company. You ever wonder why the pills are 10 dollars each at a pharmacy? They have paid off generic drug companies hundreds of millions not to make a generic of the drug. Can you think of any drug that could cost that much to create?? Of course not. Ibogaine would be the drug that deserved you comment, not subutex/suboxone.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Anonymous

You fucking idiot.

If life is so shit on Suboxone, and life was so amazing on heroin and methadone, then stop your fucking and go back on heroin and methadone?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks for reinforcing your complete and utter ignorance. Hollywood, the last resource for people who have no knowledge of sound scientific literature. Lets see, who would I turn to for credible scientific reporting? Would it be Charlie Sheen? No wait, no, its Alec Baldwin,the queen of the driveby media, yes, he knows everything. Probably will be nominated for the next Nobel Peace Prize, if the leftists have their way. Who knows, with minds like your, maybe you could get Michael Moore elected as president? Lets see, I guess the AMA, the surgeon general, ASAM. the APA, and just about every medical group that exists with credibility left, is wrong. No, its Dr. Drew and Howard Stern we must trust.

I'm thinkin the Oxycontin must have finally eaten your brain.
Hi All,

I am an actualy suboxon patient who had a moderate addiction to pain killer and it has been a blessing, My wife is a pharma rep thus I check this website out on occasion to keep up with industry news.. Anyway prior to suboxon I was spending my time leaving the office to visit doctors and also drug dealers in order to score vicodin. I am a 36 yr old professional and had it not been for the suboxin program I would have ended up broke from all the money spent on pills and likely have lost my job from taking off so much. Dr Drew can suck it Suboxon worked for me and I have now been clean off pills for 1.5 years.

Thank you all
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Anonymous

I am also a patien that has been on Suboxone for the past year. It is surely a miracle medication!! I can live my life to the fullest, go to school, raise my children, and be the best wife a woman can be! I do not abuse Suboxone, get randomly drug tested and I feel awesome! When I initially heard about Suboxone (before I had a problem with pills), I kept tellin' people it's just replacing a drug with a LEGAL prescription drug. But, now I see that's not the case and how closed minded I really was! Suboxone has saved my life and I can't wait to see what my future has to offer me!!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Anonymous

No offense, but "Dr." Drew is a "TV physician". This is a guy who diagnosed Charlie Sheen over Twitter. He's no better than "Dr." Phil. Keep that in mind.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Anonymous

I'm no fan of Dr. Drew. But after seeing a few people manic in my travels even I'd have pinned that label on Sheen. Matched it to a tee. People with bipolar are also notoriously drawn to abusing drugs and suffering addiction issues. Maybe it's self-medication?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Anonymous

For the very first time in 15 years I am not spending all day and every dollar chasing opiates. For the first time in the latter half of my life I have HOPE. Thank heavens above for medication assisted therapy and the counceling that comes (for free at my clinic) with it. I am not tempted to commit illegal activities and risk the chance of landing in jail due to possession of illegal substances thereby breaking my friends and families hearts. These addiction medications are not meant to be magic pills that immediately "fix" the broken lives and psyches of the addict. They are the bridge that allows the dedicated person to reach a land of hope and personal responsibilities. strong healthy families and relationships. They and the clinics and compassionate doctors who have made their sole focus in life the understanding of addictions and the whole life grip that they have on the addicted individual and their family. They are the cheerleaders that root us on to making good choices in life and becoming a whole person again, which not only helps the individual but the entire human race.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 AM
joanna42

Im a former heroine addict. I was an IV user as well, which adds a whole new level of crazy to the addiction. I tried every method that i ever came across to kick my habbit: cold turkey, rehab numerous times, NA and AA, methadone, and the list goes on. Some helped a little, some helped alot, but none of them proved succesfull for more than 5 months. From the first day i started suboxone, i never used again. Because of subutex, i have a great job, wonderful relationships with my family, have been clean for the last 10 years, and lead a normal, fulfilling life. None of which was remotely possible when i was addicted to heroine. There are valid arguments to be made against the usage of this or any other substance to alleviate dependancy on another substance. Ideally, everyone would conquer opiate addiction without chemical assistance, but we dont live in an ideal world. I also strongly disagree with the assesment that subutex is a new version of methadone. I was on methadone for 2 years and the only possitive thing i can say about it is that it keeps withdrawl at bay. I used the entire time i took methadone. It had very little effect on cravings and the dispenseries are one stop shopping for every drug you can think of. All in all, i think Dr. Drew has some valid points and that all avenues of recovery should be exhausted before settling on long term chemical replacement therapy. However, if these methods fail you as they did me, subutex is truly a miracle. It gave me the opportunity to rebuild my life when nothing else could and, regaurdless of Dr. Drews view, i'm profoundly grateful for this medication. Subutex truly saved my life.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna42 View Post
Im a former heroine addict. I was an IV user as well, which adds a whole new level of crazy to the addiction. I tried every method that i ever came across to kick my habbit: cold turkey, rehab numerous times, NA and AA, methadone, and the list goes on. Some helped a little, some helped alot, but none of them proved succesfull for more than 5 months. From the first day i started suboxone, i never used again. Because of subutex, i have a great job, wonderful relationships with my family, have been clean for the last 10 years, and lead a normal, fulfilling life. None of which was remotely possible when i was addicted to heroine. There are valid arguments to be made against the usage of this or any other substance to alleviate dependancy on another substance. Ideally, everyone would conquer opiate addiction without chemical assistance, but we dont live in an ideal world. I also strongly disagree with the assesment that subutex is a new version of methadone. I was on methadone for 2 years and the only possitive thing i can say about it is that it keeps withdrawl at bay. I used the entire time i took methadone. It had very little effect on cravings and the dispenseries are one stop shopping for every drug you can think of. All in all, i think Dr. Drew has some valid points and that all avenues of recovery should be exhausted before settling on long term chemical replacement therapy. However, if these methods fail you as they did me, subutex is truly a miracle. It gave me the opportunity to rebuild my life when nothing else could and, regaurdless of Dr. Drews view, i'm profoundly grateful for this medication. Subutex truly saved my life.
can we take the patient commercials to their appropriate websites? Good for all of you but this is a site for pharma reps to anonymously share info about their companies.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Anonymous

NO, competitor, NO methadone industry, because these testimonies may piss you off, but they mean a life to someone else.
Further, most posters don't know the chemistry of this med, so they make serious mistakes when they call it the next methadone. No again. Bup is not even remotely close to methadone, a synthetic opiate used to fill the gap of shortage of pain meds WWII. If you are an addict, then you are an addict and no matter what type of opiate you take , you are going to get addicted to it, unless you are part of the 1% who are able to stick to a program, stay in a support group and get weaned off them. These are a few FACTS for you.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
NO, competitor, NO methadone industry, because these testimonies may piss you off, but they mean a life to someone else.
Further, most posters don't know the chemistry of this med, so they make serious mistakes when they call it the next methadone. No again. Bup is not even remotely close to methadone, a synthetic opiate used to fill the gap of shortage of pain meds WWII. If you are an addict, then you are an addict and no matter what type of opiate you take , you are going to get addicted to it, unless you are part of the 1% who are able to stick to a program, stay in a support group and get weaned off them. These are a few FACTS for you.
Are you full of shit, or what?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Anonymous

Seriously - take your patient testimonials and rants to another website
Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Anonymous

Seriously? Let the patients have their say. They keep you employed, you self centered asshole.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Seriously? Let the patients have their say. They keep you employed, you self centered asshole.
Correction "asshole" - the govt and insurance companies keep you employed
Old 05-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Correction "asshole" - the govt and insurance companies keep you employed
Bullshit. You remark is so ignorant, it barely worth a comment. That's hardly a correction, and clearly, you don't know jack. My guess is you work for an insurance company, which explains your stupidity.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Bullshit. You remark is so ignorant, it barely worth a comment. That's hardly a correction, and clearly, you don't know jack. My guess is you work for an insurance company, which explains your stupidity.
Coverage is access
Access allows your doctors to prescribe
Without it you are useless
It's called managed care
Old 05-23-2014, 04:00 AM
Anonymous

without addicts, you wouldn't need doctors writing prescriptions.
its called supply and demand
Old 05-31-2014, 06:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
without addicts, you wouldn't need doctors writing prescriptions.
its called supply and demand
Self righteous sales rep
Old 12-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Anonymous

Suboxine may work, but for many who don't want to substitute one drug for another and continue to be a pawn for big pharma, ibogaine detox is a better solution. ibogaine detox is a way to end the drugs once and for all, many people find it almost impossible to get off of suboxine, or even vivitrol and thus ibogaine is worth researching, Crossroads ibogaine Treatment Center is a good start

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: