for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Novo Nordisk
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Anonymous

Default Cost of Victoza

Did anyone hear the cash price for Victoza? I did not the whole week.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Cost of Victoza

It is so damn cheap the price is not worth mentioning.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Anonymous

I remember them mentioning the cash price as about $8/day, which is similar to byetta. That's all I recall.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I remember them mentioning the cash price as about $8/day, which is similar to byetta. That's all I recall.
Don't forget Managed Care's message of profit access - no rebates leading to no formulary coverage. The major plans in this country are not going to have a problem with a new black box warning drug and no rebates for better formulary access - NOT.

Profit access was a complete failure in 2009 and will be in 2010. Who will be the fall guy? The field for not being able to sell a black box warning drug that does not have formulary coverage.

Turn out the lights, the party is over.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't forget Managed Care's message of profit access - no rebates leading to no formulary coverage. The major plans in this country are not going to have a problem with a new black box warning drug and no rebates for better formulary access - NOT.

Profit access was a complete failure in 2009 and will be in 2010. Who will be the fall guy? The field for not being able to sell a black box warning drug that does not have formulary coverage.

The cost of Victoza- one professional field sales team. Thanks alot senior management. Maybe if you are lucky, there are some openings at Amway in Princeton.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Anonymous

I heard $285 for a month of Victoza, and I also heard $120 per pen.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Anonymous

I got about $8 a day from one of my AE's. He finally told me after I really squeezed him. Funny, they don't want the field force to know, just yet.

It's important that we sell the clinical benefits first...then it won't matter how much it's going to cost. However, if they balk at the cost, then obviously we have not done our job correctly.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I got about $8 a day from one of my AE's. He finally told me after I really squeezed him. Funny, they don't want the field force to know, just yet.

It's important that we sell the clinical benefits first...then it won't matter how much it's going to cost. However, if they balk at the cost, then obviously we have not done our job correctly.
You are an idiiot if you think physicians will write a more expensive, drug that they have to write a pa for and it has a black box warnings for....

Then Lar comes out 3/5 with out a box warning, less shots, better efficacy.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are an idiiot if you think physicians will write a more expensive, drug that they have to write a pa for and it has a black box warnings for....

Then Lar comes out 3/5 with out a box warning, less shots, better efficacy.
Lilly Troll, Lilly Troll... please start signing your posts so we can prove you wrong. You always want to take credit for your rare instances of being right but never want to be accountable for being wrong. Typical big pharma rep.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

You nailed it. It is always the field force that has messed up. Always. Something rolls downhill and it sure isn't money.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lilly Troll, Lilly Troll... please start signing your posts so we can prove you wrong. You always want to take credit for your rare instances of being right but never want to be accountable for being wrong. Typical big pharma rep.
Lilly troll here. I have been 100% accurate in anything I have said here. I have even stated to the month when u all would be approved, & said this last march. Remember. I also stated we would be right on your heels with approval

I know it's frusterating, especially how i have literally dismantled your conpany's & reps weak ass claims & effforts on here to link effien to your cancerous drug.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

This was announced at the meeting...no secret or hidden agenda.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Anonymous

What and when is our next product launch?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Cost of Victoza

who made up the term profit access? what the f is that supposed to be. BS is what it is. that is NOT a real strategy, it is no strategy unless greed is now considered a contracting strategy.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Anonymous

cost is 50% higher than byetta at the higher dose, 25% higher at low dose, thats why they don't want us to know
Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lilly troll here. I have been 100% accurate in anything I have said here. I have even stated to the month when u all would be approved, & said this last march. Remember. I also stated we would be right on your heels with approval

I know it's frusterating, especially how i have literally dismantled your conpany's & reps weak ass claims & effforts on here to link effien to your cancerous drug.
just cancer in rats like you..... none in primates, none in humans. If you knew the anatomy of the thyroid cell in a rodent, you'd shut your pie hole.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
just cancer in rats like you..... none in primates, none in humans. If you knew the anatomy of the thyroid cell in a rodent, you'd shut your pie hole.
Guess you have not read your own PI. Cancer in humans during Victimatoza trials. Then again, you probably do not have a PI. You all are certainly not giving them out to physicians as required by the FDA.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
First of all, humans are primates. Secondly, thyroid tumors were found in both rat and mice species -- both sexes. Lastly, though there may be no direct animal model equivalent which would indicate a problem in rodents translates to humans, the FDA advistory board was clearly concerned enough to issue a black box warning.

Now shut YOUR pie hole, ignoramus!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Anonymous

getting crushed on price. but who pays cash anyway.
Word is formulary reviews coming soon. any truth?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Cost of Victoza

clinical reviews but no contracting so we are up a creek. it is a BMS strategy and we all know how well they are doing
Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
clinical reviews but no contracting so we are up a creek. it is a BMS strategy and we all know how well they are doing
Profitable access was brought to us by the Managed Care AVP who was forced out of BMS for the same strategy that failed there that is failing here. For Victozia, we will not have rebates for better managed care formulary access and, we will not give rebates to any of the states for Medicaid formulary access.

Ask anyone from BMS managed care what bad shape they were in when our Managed Care AVP was forced out of their company. Not only is his strategy a failure like it was at BMS, he has brought over his BMS team to run and ruin our managed care.

Now he is in the process of ruining his second company from a failed plan from his failed leadership. No wonder morale in managed care is at all time low.

Hired by a failed NNI President to run a failed plan that nearly ruined BMS - wow are we lucky to have him as our Managed Care AVP and ruin our company with his friends he brought over from BMS.

When his plan failed at BMS, he blamed the field sales force which is what he is doing now to our sales force.

Amylin most be very happy over our profitable access strategy knowing that it is a failure led by failed leadership.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Anonymous

how could they ALL be so stupid and listen to this BMS BS. Our management is a joke!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Cost of Victoza

I'm a self pay and the cost to me at Walmart is 138.72 per pen. I need 2 per month so the cost is 277.44.....but it has already dropped my Glucose 140 points
Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Cost of Victoza

nice to hear about your results but we will never hit our numbers if people have to pay $277 per month to get victoza
Old 04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Anonymous

wait until you titrate up to the 1.8, lets see how long you pay $400
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Anonymous

get it right, it is only $399
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Anonymous

It may cost a lot more than byetta but my docs would rather use victoza! most were never been sold on byetta so it is easy pickings.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Anonymous

byetta is too easy to sell against. lilly sucks and amylin doesn't have any reps. the challenge is selling against januvia. thats where the money is.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Anonymous

you try selling against a MUCH less expensive ORAL that is covered on ALL the formularies
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Cost of Victoza

i pay 1250/month insurance now they start you on a very expensive new drug. I will use over 2 pens per month, 1 pen was $373.00 at Walgreens. Called my Dr. and told him to find me something else, if not oh well. Just don't know what will happen
Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Anonymous

Cool Re: Cost of Victoza

Quote:
When I first started on Victoza I check at the WAL-Mart parmacy and the the price before my insurance was $448.00 a month swnt that was just 3-pens. My insurance had to pre-aprove it before I could afford it.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
byetta is too easy to sell against. lilly sucks and amylin doesn't have any reps. the challenge is selling against januvia. thats where the money is.
Byetta is way to easy, but their once a week will not be. It is going to totally wipe Victoza off the map!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Anonymous

Cad $ 174.00 for 2 pens
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Anonymous

The one person is right it is $485.00 at Wal-Mart for Victoza
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The one person is right it is $485.00 at Wal-Mart for Victoza
And worth every penny. Just think of the weight you lose when the money leaves your pockets.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm a self pay and the cost to me at Walmart is 138.72 per pen. I need 2 per month so the cost is 277.44.....but it has already dropped my Glucose 140 points
Your results may not be sustained (I do hope they are and if they are by all means stay on it). Unfortunately and most importantly, both exenatide and liraglitude are likely unsafe. This will eventually be brought to light in post marketing or meta analytical studies. Additionally, both of these peptides prevent the immediate upward trajectory of post prandial glucose primarily through gastroparisis effect and possibly inhibition of glucose output by the liver (gluconeogenisis). There is not much evidence to support the "regeneration of beta cells" argument that reps throw around. The weight loss (which is a result of the gastroparisis) is not very significant either. As it stands neither Victoza nor Byetta is worth the money they cost for most patients/taxpayers.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

Profitable access was sold to Novo by SNOY. He tried to sell that concept over at BMS and looked what happened there. WE are headed down the same road. Novo needs to rid itself of the BMS rejects and go back to the company it once was, well-respected and a great place to work.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Your results may not be sustained (I do hope they are and if they are by all means stay on it). Unfortunately and most importantly, both exenatide and liraglitude are likely unsafe. This will eventually be brought to light in post marketing or meta analytical studies. Additionally, both of these peptides prevent the immediate upward trajectory of post prandial glucose primarily through gastroparisis effect and possibly inhibition of glucose output by the liver (gluconeogenisis). There is not much evidence to support the "regeneration of beta cells" argument that reps throw around. The weight loss (which is a result of the gastroparisis) is not very significant either. As it stands neither Victoza nor Byetta is worth the money they cost for most patients/taxpayers.
You need to freshen up on your biology. Your statements above show that you don't have an understanding of what happens to a person when they develop diabetes nor do you understand what gastroparesis is. Lastly, you don't seem to understand the physiology or the mechanism of action of the GLP-1 class.

Don't try to sound smart unless you are smart.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You need to freshen up on your biology. Your statements above show that you don't have an understanding of what happens to a person when they develop diabetes nor do you understand what gastroparesis is. Lastly, you don't seem to understand the physiology or the mechanism of action of the GLP-1 class.

Don't try to sound smart unless you are smart.
By all means, feel free to correct me. I need to brush up and you wouldn't want this person to walk away flawed knowledge.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Profitable access was sold to Novo by SNOY. He tried to sell that concept over at BMS and looked what happened there. WE are headed down the same road. Novo needs to rid itself of the BMS rejects and go back to the company it once was, well-respected and a great place to work.
Correction, it was started at novo by Purcell and G Ingram when Hurley was here, and endorsed and implemented aggressively by SNOY. The strategy is sound (who wouldn't want to play in a more profitable pool of access), the execution is poor do to lack of MC relationships, insulin claw back strategy pissing insurers off, poor leadership, and limited rebate creativity. IMHO
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Correction, it was started at novo by Purcell and G Ingram when Hurley was here, and endorsed and implemented aggressively by SNOY. The strategy is sound (who wouldn't want to play in a more profitable pool of access), the execution is poor do to lack of MC relationships, insulin claw back strategy pissing insurers off, poor leadership, and limited rebate creativity. IMHO
No, get your facts straight, this was a Noyes thing that was feverishly supported by the woman who lacks an orignal idea, Ingram.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No, get your facts straight, this was a Noyes thing that was feverishly supported by the woman who lacks an orignal idea, Ingram.
Wrong again. IMPACT began the "profitable" access strategy just called another name. That was way before snoy. The strategy was here long before claw backs and victoza arrived.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wrong again. IMPACT began the "profitable" access strategy just called another name. That was way before snoy. The strategy was here long before claw backs and victoza arrived.
Completely different beast. Although I do understand what you mean, you are wrong. IMPACT was a mere shadow of what Noyes had in store for us. And if anybody thinks that Noyes' plan was the way to go, you need to get into another line of work.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Completely different beast. Although I do understand what you mean, you are wrong. IMPACT was a mere shadow of what Noyes had in store for us. And if anybody thinks that Noyes' plan was the way to go, you need to get into another line of work.
As I said previously, you're talking about the execution of a strategy that's been in place for awhile. I agree with you. The "tactical" execution of the strategy what's a issue, i.e. MMSales versus MMStrategy. SNOY is Sales = execution. Believe profitable access strategy has been in place for years but our execution looked totally different then today. Got Blue, IMPACT, 10-20-10...if it quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, looks like a duck...its a duck, my friend.

We can agree to disagree, it still the same result.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Anonymous

Isn't that why Hurley left/quit/was fired? He wanted to continue our very successful strategy of having our drugs available at a preferred status didn't he? And when Pam wouldn't support him with Jurek he saw the writing on the wall. This strategy we have now is identical to the J&J strategy implemented when I was there 7 years ago. We'd rather make more money per pen or vial than have the highest market share. J&J always liked to be 2nd or 3rd to market as well so they wouldn't have to spend the $$$ to create a market - just swoop in and grab some share for much lower cost.

It's probably a very sound business strategy - it just makes selling much less enjoyable. It's always more fun to sell based on clinical benefits rather than what we're doing now:

"Sounds good, I love Novolog. Can I write your product on United, Novo rep?" "Ummmm, well, Doctor you can but you need to use a mail in pharmacy and the copay will be double Lilly's. So, do I have your commitment to start all of your United patients on Novolog?"

But, that's what we're paid to do, so we will do it and the company will have another profitable quarter to add to the streak.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Speaking of GI can you say MIA??
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Anonymous

I had been getting it at Costco for $275, but this month the price jumped up to $291. That makes it about $9.70 per day.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:31 PM
anonymous

I just spoke with BCBS of Michigan and was told the cost of 4 pens is $528, that's $142 per pen. My policy has a 40% co-pay, that's $211. I have a Victoza discount card good for $25 per month, that made my one month prescription $186. I use the 1.8 dose and I go thru a pen in less than two weeks, more like 10 days. I've lost 8 lbs since starting the pen at 1.8 in January. Previous useage at .6 amd .12 showed no weight loss. I like the weight loss but haven't seen a drop in A1c yet.

The doctor said she could substitute Januvia if I wanted a less expensive alternative, but I've read that Januvia is not as good at dropping weight. Any other insights are welcome.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I just spoke with BCBS of Michigan and was told the cost of 4 pens is $528, that's $142 per pen. My policy has a 40% co-pay, that's $211. I have a Victoza discount card good for $25 per month, that made my one month prescription $186. I use the 1.8 dose and I go thru a pen in less than two weeks, more like 10 days. I've lost 8 lbs since starting the pen at 1.8 in January. Previous useage at .6 amd .12 showed no weight loss. I like the weight loss but haven't seen a drop in A1c yet.

The doctor said she could substitute Januvia if I wanted a less expensive alternative, but I've read that Januvia is not as good at dropping weight. Any other insights are welcome.
Here is the best insight ever for weight loss. Burn more calories than you stuff in your pie hole. I was just like everyone else, fat and in search of that pill or shot to take it all away. I learned discipline and how to cook low fat meals that tasted good. I exercise every day. I've lost 74 pounds. I am not a victim
Old 06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I went to Sam's club to pick up my three pens yesterday. $438.00. Luckily I have good insurance and didnt have to pay that. There are a lot of ppl that would try victoza if the price were lower.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: