Generic Ambien CR at the end of March?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought we had the patent until 2012!!!!! That's what we were told at the last meeting. This is from the IPA site:

February 8, 2010
    POTENTIAL UPCOMING GENERIC LAUNCHES
    Ambien CR: Anchen is expected to be exclusive with the 12.5mg and Actavis with the 6.25mg,
    with Prasco as the authorized generic (AG) for both. The launch has been delayed for unknown
    reasons, but is now rumored to be at the end of March.

Can anyone tell me what is really going on? Why would they post something like this, with the actual names of generic manufacturers? There has to be some truth to it if they are giving us detailed info of which manufacturer is making which strength. I really thought I had a good 2 years ahead of me with this easy sell......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm, guess thats the end of the PC1's. See ya!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no. You must be mistaken- PC-1 has Aplenzin and that has absolute job security, along with NAQ...right?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have Ambien CR until 2015, there will be NO generic until then!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The patent is strictly for the extended release portion, which only means they don't have to disclose the binding secrets. CR does not have market patent protection, but is wide open for any takers willing to spend the money and meet FDA approval for modified release products. I think. :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and no reps left to sell it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a surprise! Someone is full of crap

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who was around in 2005 when Allegra was taken generic, despite years of alleged patent protection remaining, will be very skeptical about Ambien CR's supposed patent protection through 2015 or any other date.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S-A will have to reorganize at the end of this year. Another 75% of rep working today will have to be laid-off. S-A does not have a product to promote.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CR, XR , XL , DS , please feel free to add some more, these nice add-on terms mean 1 thing, you've got about another year or so left selling that product..the company has known this from the beginning,,,they just don't want to confuse the sales force with facts that distract from core selling.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What core selling? It is the same fucking drug!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG Its going generic!? Oh wait, we're talking about CR. I've been hearing this rumor for over 2 years now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my Ambien CR Rx filled last week and the pharmacist asked if I wanted the generic. I challenged her on that and she said she was wrong - the wholesalers had the order number in the system but the product wasn't available yet. Sounds like 30-60 days max.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, the identical thing happened to me, with ONE EXCEPTION. The pharmacist filled my Rx with AMBIEN CR at the time of my visit. She did ask if I would be willing to switch to generic on the first occasion of the availability of generic. She told me that she has re-
    ceived a few selling sheets from wholesaler, stating that generic will be AVAILABLE no later than APRIL of 2010.

What she is doing is taking "pre-booking," in order to get a feel for an initial order.

I told her to "go for it."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you get your Ambien CR 100% paid as a S-A employee, but you said "go for it" on switching to generic when available which will cost you an out of pocket co-pay? You are full of shit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok guys and gals. If the company though CR would not go generic, do you think they would have dropped the emphasis they had? WAKE UP

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marlena, please go clean someones house or make a taco or something.. Just get off our board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is still selling this? Several of my offices are asking for samples. Is anyone still selling it?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell your offices that upper management decided that we dont want or need that revenue.
    If they do not understand that tell them Fuck You write something else. If you ar in NY NJ have MS make a call and they wont want to write it after that

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

call CR marketing-they can email you a request form to give to your that your docs can use to get samples-do this for your really good offices only so you will look like a star