for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Novo Nordisk
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

look it up on drugstore D0T C0M

Byetta 5 MCG Pen 5mcg/0.02ml Solution, 1.2ml Pen = $264.63
Byetta 10 MCG Pen 10mcg/0.04ml Solution, 2.4ml Pen = $271.45

Victoza 18mg/3ml Solution, 1 Box contains two 3ml Pens = $279.97
Victoza 18mg/3ml Solution, 1 Box contains three 3ml Pens = 399.98

If they are on medium dose Vict - we have a fighting chance. If they take max dose theye is significantly higher price.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

No real benefit to the 1.8mg dose outside of monotherapy. Lead 2 had same A1C reduction with 1.2mg dose. Look at the combination Lead trials - same results for A1C with 1.2mg dose. Consider that the donut hole is reached faster on the higher cost 1.8mg dose and then they will drop it and go on another therapy. Only time the 1.8mg dose makes sense is for extremely obese patient or monotherapy. Company just wants money fast, so they are pushing us to push the 1.8mg dose - they cannot show any real A1C benefit of the higher dose. If they are not getting control with the 1.2mg dose, maybe it is time to move that patient on to Levemir.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No real benefit to the 1.8mg dose outside of monotherapy. Lead 2 had same A1C reduction with 1.2mg dose. Look at the combination Lead trials - same results for A1C with 1.2mg dose. Consider that the donut hole is reached faster on the higher cost 1.8mg dose and then they will drop it and go on another therapy. Only time the 1.8mg dose makes sense is for extremely obese patient or monotherapy. Company just wants money fast, so they are pushing us to push the 1.8mg dose - they cannot show any real A1C benefit of the higher dose. If they are not getting control with the 1.2mg dose, maybe it is time to move that patient on to Levemir.
Pricing genius
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

check our studies, all of our lead studies reference 1.8 efficacy NOT 1.2! get them started then gradually move them to 1.8. thats the plan, its about profit for the brand, all else is secondary!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Fortunately most pts have some form of insurance. Cash pay...will not happen too often. How many pts really will be able to cover that cost?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Fortunately most pts have some form of insurance. Cash pay...will not happen too often. How many pts really will be able to cover that cost?
Cash payers can't afford TZD, Januvia, or analogs insulin either. Those patients aren't our target audience.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Cash price DOES affect the Medicare Part D patients and how quickly they will reach the donut hole - if the cash price is significantly higher than byetta, then the Wholesale Acquisition Cost is higher, too. So Medicare D patients will reach the donut hole much more quickly...

But the larger point is... we need to be reaching the 40 year old, Type 2, tub of lard - long before they ever reach Medicare D!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

there is plenty of those and the pool is growing at epidemic proportions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

true, most patients have some type of insurance. unfortunately our brain dead management decided we did not need to work with the insurance companies to contract and make sure they will cover vic. high price, no coverage = BIG MISTAKE!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

januvia is on formulary everywhere, merck did contract and it became best product launch of the year. maybe we could learn something from merck and NOT copy BMS!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

we are screwed. at least LAR is delayed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

it started off great in my territory but interest is tapering off.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Crying Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
we are screwed. at least LAR is delayed
so what do we do in Oct when LAR is here--not even worth this!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
so what do we do in Oct when LAR is here--not even worth this!
Please cut all this pricing bullshit. Victoza is clearly superior to everything that's out there. We should increase the price by 100% and doctors/patients would still want it, simply because it is the best. Nothing is even remotely similar. Damn, Novo is fantastic, Victoza is out of this world,fuck all these loosers who seem to think opposite. They are plain jealous. Novo rules diabetes, Novo rules the world.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Jester Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
so what do we do in Oct when LAR is here--not even worth this!
Don't worry! You still have that Levemir stuff in your bag. Sell it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Cash price DOES affect the Medicare Part D patients and how quickly they will reach the donut hole - if the cash price is significantly higher than byetta, then the Wholesale Acquisition Cost is higher, too. So Medicare D patients will reach the donut hole much more quickly...

But the larger point is... we need to be reaching the 40 year old, Type 2, tub of lard - long before they ever reach Medicare D!
I have part d medicare but it will not pay, so I am going to uk to order it for 285.00 for 3 pens. Thru canada drugs .com has anyone had any luck with this company. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Please cut all this pricing bullshit. Victoza is clearly superior to everything that's out there. We should increase the price by 100% and doctors/patients would still want it, simply because it is the best. Nothing is even remotely similar. Damn, Novo is fantastic, Victoza is out of this world,fuck all these loosers who seem to think opposite. They are plain jealous. Novo rules diabetes, Novo rules the world.
wow- looks like someone just got back from their POA meeting
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Looks like Novo rules his fat ass too!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No real benefit to the 1.8mg dose outside of monotherapy. Lead 2 had same A1C reduction with 1.2mg dose. Look at the combination Lead trials - same results for A1C with 1.2mg dose. Consider that the donut hole is reached faster on the higher cost 1.8mg dose and then they will drop it and go on another therapy. Only time the 1.8mg dose makes sense is for extremely obese patient or monotherapy. Company just wants money fast, so they are pushing us to push the 1.8mg dose - they cannot show any real A1C benefit of the higher dose. If they are not getting control with the 1.2mg dose, maybe it is time to move that patient on to Levemir.
totally false... who wrote this has not looked at the pi. Your best dosage amount is clealry 1.8mg. Dammm come one Novo reps, at least know your own PI
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
so what do we do in Oct when LAR is here--not even worth this!
Yep!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Please cut all this pricing bullshit. Victoza is clearly superior to everything that's out there. We should increase the price by 100% and doctors/patients would still want it, simply because it is the best. Nothing is even remotely similar. Damn, Novo is fantastic, Victoza is out of this world,fuck all these loosers who seem to think opposite. They are plain jealous. Novo rules diabetes, Novo rules the world.
If your insurance does not cover medications and you do not have the money then the price is still too much. So lower the price for those who really need it, so they can buy it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If your insurance does not cover medications and you do not have the money then the price is still too much. So lower the price for those who really need it, so they can buy it.
That's not how the real world works. You price it so that ENOUGH people can afford it and you can make money. No for-profit company is in the business of making sure EVERYONE can afford their product.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That's not how the real world works. You price it so that ENOUGH people can afford it and you can make money. No for-profit company is in the business of making sure EVERYONE can afford their product.
...and there are many avenues to get our Novo products free or at a reduced price. Patient assistance programs, samples from physicians, income dependent programs, and etc...

If we didn't charge for the drugs we wouldn't have any. The US is the only free market in the pharma industry. We must recoup here to pay for the low or minimal prices we get in the rest of the world. R&D and production cost don't go away. Spend $300M in development on a 15 year patent that starts day one of discovery, not when the product hits the market. That only give a company 7-10 years to recoup development cost, profit, and investing for the future.

If you don't like it, don't buy it...that's capitalism and a free market environment.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Love this product, it has helped a great deal, however, I am on OAP and cannot
affort this - when is Nova going to have this covered by goveernment medical
plan, it is literally saving people's life and lowering the side effects of diabetes

I wish I could afford it but budget just too tight
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Love this product, it has helped a great deal, however, I am on OAP and cannot
affort this - when is Nova going to have this covered by goveernment medical
plan, it is literally saving people's life and lowering the side effects of diabetes

I wish I could afford it but budget just too tight
I call BS on this post. Sounds like a Novo lawyer or mgr trying to do damage control. I bet they tried saying this with NovoSeven as well. According to out POA training video, Vic is covered on 93% of healthcare plans.

Nice try though...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Paranoid Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

I also love Victoza, being on it for four months, but have just been informed by my prescription plan that they will no longer pay for this drug and I was paying $130 month with whatever they were paying for two pens. They want me to use Byetta and I haven't checked to see if they will pay for all of this. Victoza really does work and lowered my A1C from 7.1 to 6.2 in three months. I am concerned about switching as it took me a few weeks to get accustomed to Victoza.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I also love Victoza, being on it for four months, but have just been informed by my prescription plan that they will no longer pay for this drug and I was paying $130 month with whatever they were paying for two pens. They want me to use Byetta and I haven't checked to see if they will pay for all of this. Victoza really does work and lowered my A1C from 7.1 to 6.2 in three months. I am concerned about switching as it took me a few weeks to get accustomed to Victoza.
You'll get used to Byetta very quickly. It's as effective as Victoza, and don't let anyone tell you differently. The only draw back is that it's twice a day...not once a day like Victoza. Also, Byetta (10mcg) is less expensive than Victoza (1.8mg)...about $100 per month....$1200+ per year. The cost difference may possibly effect your co-pay and lower it. Also, in a month or two Byetta will be dosed in a convenient once per week shot. That's right....once per week. This change by your formulary coverage may be a blessing in disguise.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Love this product, it has helped a great deal, however, I am on OAP and cannot
affort this - when is Nova going to have this covered by goveernment medical
plan, it is literally saving people's life and lowering the side effects of diabetes

I wish I could afford it but budget just too tight
Another glorious victim of the US lack-of-healthcare system. The cost of a three pen box in Europe is about half of this, and Patients in many countries get it free.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Another glorious victim of the US lack-of-healthcare system. The cost of a three pen box in Europe is about half of this, and Patients in many countries get it free.
Poor bleeding heart. We should give away everything for free, right?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Poor bleeding heart. We should give away everything for free, right?
It is a simple philosophical difference, the western european consensus is that Healthcare is not a commodity like DVD players, cars or lawn sprinklers but rather something you should get according to need rather than ability to pay. Any european political party pushing an even slightly different position would be annihilated at the polls first chance the electorate would get.

It is different in the US and it seems eternally to remain so. As with all deep-seated philosophical differences neither side seems willing or able to comprehend the position of the opposite party.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Poor bleeding heart. We should give away everything for free, right?
He was born with no balls.
Or, had he was, he can not find a woman with whom to breed.
Ass Head, poster, if you had to pay for the birth of your child, it would cost you $20,000. That is way more than your IC. F'ing idiot. Grow up. Who the hell do you think pays for your insurance? Get an education. Who the fuck hired you?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
He was born with no balls.
Or, had he was, he can not find a woman with whom to breed.
Ass Head, poster, if you had to pay for the birth of your child, it would cost you $20,000. That is way more than your IC. F'ing idiot. Grow up. Who the hell do you think pays for your insurance? Get an education. Who the fuck hired you?
Whenever you see this much profanity used you can be assured it is someone in management who did the posting.

The Novo Way of Management
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Yes, some do have insurance but because the company has not made any real effort to get them a plan that pays for anything except generics. For brand name items we pay out of the butt. Figure what 20% of $499.00 is , yep too much money. And yes it is a deciding factor for me as to what drug I'm going to take. This reminds me of why the protestors are sitting in town square or the park, GREED every one is looking to make as much money as possible at someone elses expense. I have a job making over 50,000 a year and have insurance and still have to make a decision will it be medicine, food, or gas. Something just ain't right.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
He was born with no balls.
Or, had he was, he can not find a woman with whom to breed.
Ass Head, poster, if you had to pay for the birth of your child, it would cost you $20,000. That is way more than your IC. F'ing idiot. Grow up. Who the hell do you think pays for your insurance? Get an education. Who the fuck hired you?
However, it isn't Novo's responsibility to make sure EVERYONE can afford Victoza, smart guy. They just have to make sure that ENOUGH people can afford it where they can make a significant profit from it. It's called running a business...you should look it up sometime.

Just like your example of child birth above. Not everyone can afford insurance, and it's not the insurance company's responsibility to make insurance affordable for everyone. They just have to make it affordable enough where enough people can buy it and the insurance company makes money. See the trend here?

But, you must be right...I'm the idiot. Go read a book sometime.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Victoza will cost more than Bydureon. But that won't matter. Victoza is superior by .2. That 2 tenths point will resonate with doctors, and that will make all the difference. Victoza will retain it's business because it has a smaller needle. The fact that you have to take a daily shot vs weekly won't matter. If you believe this crap....I've got some shit to sell you. Bydureon is going to kick our ass!!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Victoza will cost more than Bydureon. But that won't matter. Victoza is superior by .2. That 2 tenths point will resonate with doctors, and that will make all the difference. Victoza will retain it's business because it has a smaller needle. The fact that you have to take a daily shot vs weekly won't matter. If you believe this crap....I've got some shit to sell you. Bydureon is going to kick our ass!!!
Bydureon will kick YOUR ass because you're too fucking stupid to sell against it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Bydureon will kick YOUR ass because you're too fucking stupid to sell against it.
Why do you have to use naughty words? It hurts my feelings. Also, we are not that dumb, but you're right that we will get our rumps kicked.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

We will do role-play after role-play to learn how to sell against Bydureon!!!

Just you wait and see! Novo rocks!!!!

Just kidding. We are in for an ass-whooping.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
We will do role-play after role-play to learn how to sell against Bydureon!!!

Just you wait and see! Novo rocks!!!!

Just kidding. We are in for an ass-whooping.
Go educate yourself on what Bydureon is and isn't. After doing so, if you still think Bydureon is going to kick our ass, then go get a job somewhere else. Bydureon will be a major flop....unless you're too stupid to sell against it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Go educate yourself on what Bydureon is and isn't. After doing so, if you still think Bydureon is going to kick our ass, then go get a job somewhere else. Bydureon will be a major flop....unless you're too stupid to sell against it.
I'm an employee of Novo. I think our drugs are great. Now let's examine Bydureon. Victoza beat Bydureon in their own study......1.5 A1C drop vs. 1.3. Great! We will exploit that fact. We will say Victoza is more effective etc etc. However, Amylin will counter with .2 not being that relevant....and that other studies show greater A1C reduction well beyond 1.3. I don't think our efficacy argument will go very far. Their needle is a 23 to 25 gage (SQ...not IM like some of the dopes who post). That's bigger than our 32 or their 31. Will that make a difference to someone already used to needles? I personally don't think it will be an issue. I could be wrong. Also, compliance with a once a week will probably be better than a once a day. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right. 365 days a week vs 52 times sounds more appealing to me. It probably will sound appealing to new patients going on a needle product. I could be wrong....but I'm probably not.

I think the greatest lie the Satan wanted you to believe in C.S. Lewis' "Screw Tape Letters" is that the devil doesn't exist. Think about it.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm an employee of Novo. I think our drugs are great. Now let's examine Bydureon. Victoza beat Bydureon in their own study......1.5 A1C drop vs. 1.3. Great! We will exploit that fact. We will say Victoza is more effective etc etc. However, Amylin will counter with .2 not being that relevant....and that other studies show greater A1C reduction well beyond 1.3. I don't think our efficacy argument will go very far. Their needle is a 23 to 25 gage (SQ...not IM like some of the dopes who post). That's bigger than our 32 or their 31. Will that make a difference to someone already used to needles? I personally don't think it will be an issue. I could be wrong. Also, compliance with a once a week will probably be better than a once a day. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right. 365 days a week vs 52 times sounds more appealing to me. It probably will sound appealing to new patients going on a needle product. I could be wrong....but I'm probably not.

I think the greatest lie the Satan wanted you to believe in C.S. Lewis' "Screw Tape Letters" is that the devil doesn't exist. Think about it.
Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm an employee of Novo. I think our drugs are great. Now let's examine Bydureon. Victoza beat Bydureon in their own study......1.5 A1C drop vs. 1.3. Great! We will exploit that fact. We will say Victoza is more effective etc etc. However, Amylin will counter with .2 not being that relevant....and that other studies show greater A1C reduction well beyond 1.3. I don't think our efficacy argument will go very far. Their needle is a 23 to 25 gage (SQ...not IM like some of the dopes who post). That's bigger than our 32 or their 31. Will that make a difference to someone already used to needles? I personally don't think it will be an issue. I could be wrong. Also, compliance with a once a week will probably be better than a once a day. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right. 365 days a week vs 52 times sounds more appealing to me. It probably will sound appealing to new patients going on a needle product. I could be wrong....but I'm probably not.

I think the greatest lie the Satan wanted you to believe in C.S. Lewis' "Screw Tape Letters" is that the devil doesn't exist. Think about it.
I found this link to the Bydureon step-by-step injection guide on the Amylin site:

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/pdfv...cumentid=24669

In theory, you make a good argument--QW with slightly less efficacy and a slightly bigger needle would have a good chance of beating Victoza. But, as you see in this guide, it's SO much more than that. Bydureon will sell on one thing and one thing only: CONVENIENCE. Take a look at those instructions and tell me whether or not you would do it and if it would be convenient. Now, ask yourself: will the average Type 2 diabetic do it? I really don't think so. I could be worng, but I doubt it. This product will be too complicated.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I found this link to the Bydureon step-by-step injection guide on the Amylin site:

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/pdfv...cumentid=24669

In theory, you make a good argument--QW with slightly less efficacy and a slightly bigger needle would have a good chance of beating Victoza. But, as you see in this guide, it's SO much more than that. Bydureon will sell on one thing and one thing only: CONVENIENCE. Take a look at those instructions and tell me whether or not you would do it and if it would be convenient. Now, ask yourself: will the average Type 2 diabetic do it? I really don't think so. I could be worng, but I doubt it. This product will be too complicated.
A agree that they wii run with the convenience message, and that it will be appealing to docs and patients. Once a week is a powerful message. However, I don't agree that that will be the only message they run on. Keep in mind there are other studies that show a consistent pattern of A1C north of 1.5, and that message will also strike a cord. I think you're a little too dismissive of Byetta's/Bydureons efficacy, and too superior with ours. They have a lot of efficacy data that will play well. As far as the instructions, I've seen the web-site, and how it operates. The instructions are one thing. The actual implementation is another. European blogs that talk about it say it's easy to use. The complication message might play when it initially launches, but that's because the doctor will be ignorant. However, once they see it, the complication message will go quickly by the wayside.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
A agree that they wii run with the convenience message, and that it will be appealing to docs and patients. Once a week is a powerful message. However, I don't agree that that will be the only message they run on. Keep in mind there are other studies that show a consistent pattern of A1C north of 1.5, and that message will also strike a cord. I think you're a little too dismissive of Byetta's/Bydureons efficacy, and too superior with ours. They have a lot of efficacy data that will play well. As far as the instructions, I've seen the web-site, and how it operates. The instructions are one thing. The actual implementation is another. European blogs that talk about it say it's easy to use. The complication message might play when it initially launches, but that's because the doctor will be ignorant. However, once they see it, the complication message will go quickly by the wayside.
We are going to get our ass kicked.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

They r both prior approval in my welfare driven territory - when the sunshine act kicks in, my top writers will be hiding under they desks.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
A agree that they wii run with the convenience message, and that it will be appealing to docs and patients. Once a week is a powerful message. However, I don't agree that that will be the only message they run on. Keep in mind there are other studies that show a consistent pattern of A1C north of 1.5, and that message will also strike a cord. I think you're a little too dismissive of Byetta's/Bydureons efficacy, and too superior with ours. They have a lot of efficacy data that will play well. As far as the instructions, I've seen the web-site, and how it operates. The instructions are one thing. The actual implementation is another. European blogs that talk about it say it's easy to use. The complication message might play when it initially launches, but that's because the doctor will be ignorant. However, once they see it, the complication message will go quickly by the wayside.
If efficacy REALLY mattered, then Januvia & Onglyza would be busts. However, they aren't. Convenience is what sells those drugs and nothing else. Docs go with the convenient option and not the best option. Bydureon can come out with a study showing that they lower A1c by 3%, and it stil won't get used. I'm not saying that Victoza is farly superior in efficacy to Bydureon; I'm just saying it doesn't matter. QD with Victoza is still more convenient than QW with Bydureon. Maybe I'm worng, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If efficacy REALLY mattered, then Januvia & Onglyza would be busts. However, they aren't. Convenience is what sells those drugs and nothing else. Docs go with the convenient option and not the best option. Bydureon can come out with a study showing that they lower A1c by 3%, and it stil won't get used. I'm not saying that Victoza is farly superior in efficacy to Bydureon; I'm just saying it doesn't matter. QD with Victoza is still more convenient than QW with Bydureon. Maybe I'm worng, but I doubt it.
I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't understand you're analysis. It appears to be rather black and white. Help me to understand (sorry for the rep cliche sound bite), but I don't your statement that "QD Victoza is still more convenient that QW Bydureon." How is Vic more convenient? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't understand you're analysis. It appears to be rather black and white. Help me to understand (sorry for the rep cliche sound bite), but I don't your statement that "QD Victoza is still more convenient that QW Bydureon." How is Vic more convenient? Thanks.
Beavis: What?
Butt-head: Uh... I dunno, what?
Beavis: What the hell are you talking about?

Butt-head: Uh... Beavis? I hope you were joking.
Beavis: Uh... Oh yeah. That's pretty funny.
Butt-head: Dumbass!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Beavis: What?
Butt-head: Uh... I dunno, what?
Beavis: What the hell are you talking about?

Butt-head: Uh... Beavis? I hope you were joking.
Beavis: Uh... Oh yeah. That's pretty funny.
Butt-head: Dumbass!
It's actually funny how dumb you are. Also, you're like a troll.....1:47am posting.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't understand you're analysis. It appears to be rather black and white. Help me to understand (sorry for the rep cliche sound bite), but I don't your statement that "QD Victoza is still more convenient that QW Bydureon." How is Vic more convenient? Thanks.
It's not. I was wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.