for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Baxter
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Anonymous

Rant Bioscience Layoffs?

it is very quite here at Baxter in the Bioscience divisions - including the ivig and hemophilia business units. Is this the calm before the storm. Will the hemophilia organization decrease from 30 to 15? Heck our product is 6 + years old and is still over priced. No of us TBM's are making any money in commissions. Our counterparts are not hitting their goals.
I am not sure about a layoff coming but wanted to put it out there and see if anyone has the or some information. Like I said it is very very calm right now.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
it is very quite here at Baxter in the Bioscience divisions - including the ivig and hemophilia business units. Is this the calm before the storm. Will the hemophilia organization decrease from 30 to 15? Heck our product is 6 + years old and is still over priced. No of us TBM's are making any money in commissions. Our counterparts are not hitting their goals.
I am not sure about a layoff coming but wanted to put it out there and see if anyone has the or some information. Like I said it is very very calm right now.
There is an expansion going on.. there are new Bioscience openings everywhere in the country...Baxter wants to increase Gammagard marketshare. Unless they lower the price, the expansion is a waste of time and resources;;;this division is the reason why the stock tanked 17% last week.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Anonymous

no expansion - right sizing
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Anonymous

This expansion is the dumbest thing that Baxter could have done. Gammagard marketshare and profits increased in 2009 before the expansion. The sales team was "right sized". They should have left it alone. The only reason they are doing the expansion is because they announced they were bringing in more people when they split the sales force to IVIG/PULM. They hired people because the plan was to have 2 teams. When that fell apart, I think they felt obliged to keep the people they brought over. They should have made territories with however many reps they had and left the rest alone.
Impossible quotas, low bonus, tbms and rbds quitting, low moral; its a bad situation. We will have to wait and see
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Anonymous

hemophilia is a cash cow a no one even works except us the RBD and make shit for money
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This expansion is the dumbest thing that Baxter could have done. Gammagard marketshare and profits increased in 2009 before the expansion. The sales team was "right sized". They should have left it alone. The only reason they are doing the expansion is because they announced they were bringing in more people when they split the sales force to IVIG/PULM. They hired people because the plan was to have 2 teams. When that fell apart, I think they felt obliged to keep the people they brought over. They should have made territories with however many reps they had and left the rest alone.
Impossible quotas, low bonus, tbms and rbds quitting, low moral; its a bad situation. We will have to wait and see
Baxter has no real commitment to its employees. Bioscience, what a joke, why is the new head of HR an Austrian who works out of Vienna. What does that tell you? They could care less about anything related to the humans that work for Baxter!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Anonymous

and Baxter medical benefits are horrible. If they cared about employees, we would have more that 1 option
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Anonymous

I heard that the company was doing a 'reorganization", but not just in Bioscience, also in Renal. Timing was expected to be completed by beginning of June....has anyone else heard that timeframe?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Baxter has no real commitment to its employees. Bioscience, what a joke, why is the new head of HR an Austrian who works out of Vienna. What does that tell you? They could care less about anything related to the humans that work for Baxter!
This is very true, he's an arrogant Austrian who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, but he's Joy's boy-toy so let's see what happens. How do you run a supposedly key function like HR supporting a global business from Vienna when it's a 9 hour time difference to our team in WLV? The idiots are now running the asylum.

Let's put the Human back into HR; time for a UNION at Baxter!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Anonymous

HR is the biggest joke at Baxter. USELESS!!!!!!!!!!! They can't answer a question if their life depended on it. They are pathetic. Lets not forget all the errors they make. Gee, who do you go to when HR makes mistakes. If you do, you are black balled. Talk about a waste of salaries.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Quote:
HR is the biggest joke at Baxter. USELESS!!!!!!!!!!! They can't answer a question if their life depended on it. They are pathetic. Lets not forget all the errors they make. Gee, who do you go to when HR makes mistakes. If you do, you are black balled. Talk about a waste of salaries.
Trust NO ONE in HR Thousand Oaks, even less in Westlake. Renee Gilmore "new leadership" is bullshit, don't be fooled by her smiles. She's simply the SLT "pet" that hides the wrong-doings of them all.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I heard that the company was doing a 'reorganization", but not just in Bioscience, also in Renal. Timing was expected to be completed by beginning of June....has anyone else heard that timeframe?
16 folks got the axe here at the LA Plant. Looks like the idiot Scot DeAthos gave the employees a parting shot before he left Baxter. So glad Scot is leaving. He's the most unspiring manager I've ever met. LA Plant is worst run plant in BioScience.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
16 folks got the axe here at the LA Plant. Looks like the idiot Scot DeAthos gave the employees a parting shot before he left Baxter. So glad Scot is leaving. He's the most unspiring manager I've ever met. LA Plant is worst run plant in BioScience.
Scott DeAthos is a joke. I worked for him in Michigan. The company made a big deal that he was laid off like everone else. However, they later gave hime back pay and a job in LA.

In addition, he was at the Maryland plant (schedule to close 2010). He was called the little general. I do not think he has the talent to run a 7-11.

It is people liek him and SUe brown that are causing Baxter to loss value.

By the way Scott - If you read this do you still want an after action report? Rott in Hell
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is very true, he's an arrogant Austrian who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, but he's Joy's boy-toy so let's see what happens. How do you run a supposedly key function like HR supporting a global business from Vienna when it's a 9 hour time difference to our team in WLV? The idiots are now running the asylum.

Let's put the Human back into HR; time for a UNION at Baxter!!
In 2003, Baxter closed the only union plant in the company - A BioScience Plasma manufacturing plant in Rochester Michigan.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Scott DeAthos is a joke. I worked for him in Michigan. The company made a big deal that he was laid off like everone else. However, they later gave hime back pay and a job in LA.

In addition, he was at the Maryland plant (schedule to close 2010). He was called the little general. I do not think he has the talent to run a 7-11.

It is people liek him and SUe brown that are causing Baxter to loss value.

By the way Scott - If you read this do you still want an after action report? Rott in Hell

WOW Scot never changed. When he came to LA, he caused turnover in the Tech Services Director (his old job). We went thru 4 people in less than 2 years. People can't wait to run away from Scot. Too bad it took so long to have people wise up to his inept tactics as a manager.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Anonymous

"Too bad it took so long to have people wise up to his inept tactics as a manager."

I can assure you Scot did not get asked to leave. He resigned. He'd been successfully running LA for some time now and could have kept doing so. I actually found him to be a strong leader when I worked for him.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I thought, as Humans, we all make mistakes. Med Del HR must not be human, because they will never and I mean never own up to ALL the mistakes they continue to make. They will lie right to your face, but now they have three of them to have coverage when they are screwing you over. What a waste of money and a pathetic way to treat us. They are the chosen ones! What a joke! They rome around and eat lunch together; how sweet.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Will med del be having lay off's too?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Anonymous

Yes.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

How do you know that for sure? Also, why are they having lay-off's? Lastly, when will they be having lay-off's? Thanks for you input.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"Too bad it took so long to have people wise up to his inept tactics as a manager."

I can assure you Scot did not get asked to leave. He resigned. He'd been successfully running LA for some time now and could have kept doing so. I actually found him to be a strong leader when I worked for him.
A strong leader? You got to be joking. Unless you were speaking in terms of leadership as used in North Korea, USSR or similar places. Scott is a short in height with a napoleon complex.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

As long as Raphael is in Westlake, Scott would have a job. Remember success is only defined by those in power.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Quote:
A strong leader? You got to be joking. Unless you were speaking in terms of leadership as used in North Korea, USSR or similar places. Scott is a short in height with a napoleon complex.
Scott is a good guy. He had his faults, but also provided some good strengths to LA. Perhaps you should wait to pass judgement until the next PM comes in.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Scott is a good guy. He had his faults, but also provided some good strengths to LA. Perhaps you should wait to pass judgement until the next PM comes in.
Scott a good guy? Good Strenghts? I have known Scott for over 10 years and I can say with some assurance - You must be crazy or a Scott crony.

He was hated by more people then liked.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Yes the layoffs are coming. I just got word today that there are going to be more layoffs at baxter in Los Angeles right after the shut down.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Anonymous

with all the reps who have quit, and the rest who will be quitting b/c we are pissed off about our base pay and lack of bonus, they may not have to lay off any sales people
Old 08-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Scott a good guy? Good Strenghts? I have known Scott for over 10 years and I can say with some assurance - You must be crazy or a Scott crony.

He was hated by more people then liked.
Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, you just have to figure out how to use them.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, you just have to figure out how to use them.
One word answer - Crony!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Anonymous

on the hemophilia side we do nothing and make a 70K base with another 75K on top. Work a few weekends and nights. Play golf, fish and eat lunch with patients. Ride roller coasters etc... it is a great fun ride at 150K a year plus car
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

...and that's why we are in trouble!!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Anonymous

I worked in the Hemophilia business unit a few years ago. Best thing about the job was the enormous budget. Man I took all my friends out to eat and play golf all over the midwest. Unfortunately you did have to wine and dine a few patients occasionally as well as the homecare reps. But it was interesting traversing the backroads of rural America. I developed a taste for catfish that I just can't seem to shake. In the end, golf and good food were not enough and gainful employment had to be found elsewhere. Good luck to all of those TBM's that truly have their heart in the management of bleeding disorders. for me I had to leave because it takes very little selling to be successful in that business you just have to be willing to get on your knees for some give and take and also have a fat wallet full of Baxter
bucks.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Anonymous

I do the same thing now - but have tons of dave and buster tokens/credits from all the facts first programs we do with the bleeding disorder chapters..... I would say more like 130K
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
...and that's why we are in trouble!!
No - that is not why Baxter is in trouble. Please see the year end report for executive pay and you will find out why Baxter is in trouble. For most executive (SLT), $130K is one month take home pay. For this person it is one year.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
No - that is not why Baxter is in trouble. Please see the year end report for executive pay and you will find out why Baxter is in trouble. For most executive (SLT), $130K is one month take home pay. For this person it is one year.
Bravo! You are so correct. Look at all the money spent on salaries for upper management. Products are failing and recalled and yet all the high-priced, many of them Austrian based, R&D team keep their jobs. Who is reviewing and watching what happens in R&D. If Baxter can't research and then develop viable products to bring to the market place then there is no need for any marketing people or a sales force. There seems to me that no one is really a the helm of this ship taking it in the right direction. The only direction that Baxter is going these days is down, down, down.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Anonymous

I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

Those that get hired, are bright and talented soon realize how messed up management and their way the company is run. The miss treatment of employees is also terrible. (Unpaid overtime etc. They hire everyone with a degree as salary, overtime exempt. That is suppose to be, by law, just for upper management. They scare people into not questioning anything.)

Those that see how much better life and a company should be, go elsewhere. Those that are left, ie. lowest common denominator run the place as management. Or stay as employees with no ambition in a career.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3646990]I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

Those that get hired, are bright and talented soon realize how messed up management and their way the company is run. The miss treatment of employees is also terrible. (Unpaid overtime etc. They hire everyone with a degree as salary, overtime exempt. That is suppose to be, by law, just for upper management. They scare people into not questioning anything.) /[quote]

In two paregraphs you have identifed the problem with all of Bio-Science. Management is a group of amateurs attempting to run a business. Half of the manager (even VPs), I do not think could run a 7-11 correctly.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Bravo! You are so correct. Look at all the money spent on salaries for upper management. Products are failing and recalled and yet all the high-priced, many of them Austrian based, R&D team keep their jobs. Who is reviewing and watching what happens in R&D. If Baxter can't research and then develop viable products to bring to the market place then there is no need for any marketing people or a sales force. There seems to me that no one is really a the helm of this ship taking it in the right direction. The only direction that Baxter is going these days is down, down, down.
Remember Baxter Water - Pulse

http://www.foodanddrinkeurope.com/Pr...er-from-Baxter

This is Bio-Science idea of R&D
Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Anonymous

If the FDA really had its act together and knew what was going on they would probably shut Baxter LA down (But money talks till people die). There are lots of sketchy things that go on at every level. From the manufacturing floor (they actually urinate in drains in the "clean rooms"), to the EM, to the water, quality labs, documentation, facilities, it all gets covered up. What's funny is that there are a few people that believe that they do things correctly and defend how poorly managed everything is.
I for one would never want an IV drug made in Baxter LA. Not for me, my family, or anyone I care about.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Anonymous

I call BS on the urinating in the drains claim. This would at least be grounds for a warning letter, if not a consent decree. If this is true, and YOU are not going to FDA, you are negligent. I have been in this industry a long time, not just at Baxter, and I have never seen anything like this. This sounds like a disgruntled present or former employee trying to trash Baxter. And no, I do not work in LA.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Anonymous

IF THERE ARE LAYOFFS AT BIOSCIENCE I HOPE EVERYONE GET'S THE SAME DEAL JOY JUST GOT. TAKE A LOOK AT THE DETAILS ON THE SEC WEBSITE:

http://www.secinfo.com/dsvr4.r2sn6.d.htm

ANY THOUGHTS?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If the FDA really had its act together and knew what was going on they would probably shut Baxter LA down (But money talks till people die). There are lots of sketchy things that go on at every level. From the manufacturing floor (they actually urinate in drains in the "clean rooms"), to the EM, to the water, quality labs, documentation, facilities, it all gets covered up. What's funny is that there are a few people that believe that they do things correctly and defend how poorly managed everything is.
I for one would never want an IV drug made in Baxter LA. Not for me, my family, or anyone I care about.
I have no doubt that this story is true. When the Rochester plant was shut down, the sme acitivity happened at the plant.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I call BS on the urinating in the drains claim. This would at least be grounds for a warning letter, if not a consent decree. If this is true, and YOU are not going to FDA, you are negligent. I have been in this industry a long time, not just at Baxter, and I have never seen anything like this. This sounds like a disgruntled present or former employee trying to trash Baxter. And no, I do not work in LA.
Step onto the manufacturing floor "clean rooms" at Baxter LA at 2am for a plant that runs 24/7/365. You'll see this for yourself. I'm sure it is no secret someone would rather unzip a clean room gown than spend 20min changing just to go to the bathroom. The company management has just looked the other way. It's a company cultural thing.
A business culture that has cut corners. Instead of addressing problems and fixing them it is easier to ignore them and get by.
I as well would not want what is made at Baxter LA in my body. Nor my loved ones.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Step onto the manufacturing floor "clean rooms" at Baxter LA at 2am for a plant that runs 24/7/365. You'll see this for yourself. I'm sure it is no secret someone would rather unzip a clean room gown than spend 20min changing just to go to the bathroom. The company management has just looked the other way. It's a company cultural thing.
A business culture that has cut corners. Instead of addressing problems and fixing them it is easier to ignore them and get by.
I as well would not want what is made at Baxter LA in my body. Nor my loved ones.
You sound like someone who got laid off...Mr. JG?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3647213][quote=Anonymous;3646990]I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

Those that get hired, are bright and talented soon realize how messed up management and their way the company is run. The miss treatment of employees is also terrible. (Unpaid overtime etc. They hire everyone with a degree as salary, overtime exempt. That is suppose to be, by law, just for upper management. They scare people into not questioning anything.) /
Quote:

In two paregraphs you have identifed the problem with all of Bio-Science. Management is a group of amateurs attempting to run a business. Half of the manager (even VPs), I do not think could run a 7-11 correctly.

This can also be said about the Thousand Oaks bioscience , Baxter was and still is breaking the law with the exempt status for Quality positions. Sayaman v. Baxter Administration is an example of this. A 2.5 million dollar settlement, and a reorganization back to salary non exempt....

The fun part now is watching how they will try to bend over backwards to make sure we get out of work on time. I can't wait till Dec rolls around. As of now, they don't care if you haven't had lunch or a break, they don't care if you came in early for business needs and have to stay hours over your time to pick up other peoples work load..... A new tune will be playing mid Dec, No meal breaks means the company gets fined by the state.... means they will try to get mad at you. Document all your work when you switch to non exempt....
Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Anonymous

Default exempt/non-exempt status

You really have no clue about what you are talking about.. so ignorant.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: exempt/non-exempt status

Quote:
You really have no clue about what you are talking about.. so ignorant.
So enlighten the ignorant then. If you can't elaborate, keep your comments to yourself.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3647213][quote=Anonymous;3646990]I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

One dead and 2 injured today at Baxter LA (Atwater). This thread is spot on. Maybe someone will listen. Or will more innocent people have to die before some real change happens?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Bioscience Layoffs?

Anyone know whats going on with the Samayan vs baxter case?

I also heard that there is another wave of laid off coming soon for baxter Thousand oaks. Funny how they hired more Supervisors for manufacturing and laid off other associates.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
That's nothing compared to what happened on January 21, 2011 at Baxter LA. The company line that an employee died cleaning a tank is bs.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3818864][quote=Anonymous;3647213]
Quote:
I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

One dead and 2 injured today at Baxter LA (Atwater). This thread is spot on. Maybe someone will listen. Or will more innocent people have to die before some real change happens?
You are a cold heartless punk who clearly has no idea what happened. Go to hell

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: