The biggest mistake of your life

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

accepting a position at astellas.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well not the biggest mistake of my life, first husband was. But certainly biggest career mistake as a rep.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well certainly it has turned out to be awfully disapointing of a company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has totally changed for me in the 7yrs I've been here. Things have gone downhill since Altmann departure. Not saying it was him per se but that is the time these rejects who run us now started to show up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These negative postings are so boring. get a life. Offer some intelligent
    news, anything will do!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steady decline in quality of management and work environment since I have been here, 4 years. Home office definitely qualifies as a very toxic environment. Once economy improves, I will leave.

Used to think abbott was the worst company on the planet.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, jokes over, very funny and all, whoever runs astellas, please bring back the real managers, good one though. Goood laugh for all...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott??? I work at Abbott and am interviewing for a position with Astellas. Say it isn't so? Is this true?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't. Used to work for Abbott and it isnt even close. Yes, Astellas has its issues, as all companies do. It is by far, a much better place to work than the park. The entire industry is in difficult straights right now. Best of luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Astellas managers daily prove this quote by Dr. Johnson:

Wickedness is always easier than virtue; for it takes the short cut to everything.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a exceptionally corrupt company in a corrupt industry, pharmaceuticals, it is kind of inevitable that most of the managers would end up being a bunch of brown nosing, emotionally undeveloped incompetents with little integrity or character.

Simply put, people of ability, integrity, character and adult level emotional development generally won't compromise themselves just to move their careers along.

So we have what we have, astellas management structure riddled with childish incompetent managers that moved up the hierarchical ladder by being willing to sacrifice whatever little if any integrity they had.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said, in my 12 years I think I can count the number of managers that have any self respect on one hand, maybe two with a few fingers left over. It really is a joke, and so not worth the extra 20K to kiss that much ass and pretend to "coach" people, give me a break

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! The language of today's Pharma Industry has become so "cheapened". Using words like "coach" etc...makes the industry sound like an Amway rally or Car Sales meeting. The pharma industry at one time was elite, extremely selective and only hired the "cream de la creme". When I was hired, the process required that MINIMALLY, the candidate have a 4 Year degree (science or healthcare related); have some prior work experience (no new college grads) and the hiring process required a very stringent set of interviews. Generally, 4 or 5 interviews minimum. The industry was full of these types of professionals. Boy have things degenerated! Words like selling with Integrity, offering superior customer service was the language of the day. The industry has become quite a joke....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a "finger" for my manager and it isn't the index. Most horrible and corrupt excuse for a manager and human being in my 11 years in the industry.

Under job description for my manager lists: Are you morally corrupt, have the IQ of a shoe horn, abusive, demotivating to your teams, socially inept and have zero leadership skills? If so, then you are our guy at Asstellas! Pony up to the kool aid bar!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey astellas managers, coach this

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't get that promotion huh?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess your one of the human losers that compromises his or her integrity at the drop of a hat just to get a promotion.

Some day, unless you are a complete psychotic nut, you are going to have to live with yourself.

I guess people like you is why priests, ministers, pastors are in such stable careers for centuries upon centuries.

Here's to you and your kind roting in hell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your offered a job at astellas, RUN LIKE HELL!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?! There is a sr. specialty opening in my area in Uro/Derm...I currently work in Uro/Derm for Allergan and I am looking to make the leap... can anyone tell me what the base is like? Why so bad? Can't be any worse than where I am now. Thanks!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The term coach is an excellent term. Visit www.coachfederation.org to find exceptional "business coaches." There you will find values, integrity, leadership development and all of those things that make great companies great. The rest of your post I agree with in terms of 'cheapening the profession'. I had a manager with an associates degree and others in a small pharma business with little training when I came from well-trained organization--- only to find that company now had let go of reps--- and individuals like myself who can "coach" and "lead by example" and "credibility" go on to other jobs. **Working under incompetent professionals in leadership roles is the problem** I get angry thinking about these people. It's corporate America all over.

On final note-- I just got back from a 4th interview, so there are companies that do extensive hiring with quality still out there.

The problem is that when things changed in early 2000's nobody changed their ways.... now the industry (due to upper management not 'changing' or evolving with the times) has done itself in.... You can blame that on pharma leadership. They Need "coaching" - go to www.coachfederation.org and run a list... seriously, there are people who can coach "organizational development" - definitely needed in today's industry.... restructuring.