» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Procter & Gamble
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Procter & Gamble Anonymous board for Procter & Gamble

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Anonymous

Default Success after P&G, Anyone else?

Life is good now. Found a great company with the opportunity to make more than at P&G. Great Salary and opportunity for bonus. Healthcare but not pharma. Sometimes the boards are so negative. Maybe this will help someone who is struggling to keep your chin up. P&G was a good training ground and there are companies that value the experience. Keep looking, don't give up and remember no one is better than you.

Add your success story.

I still feel a loss over all this and would like to be able to turn the clock back, but a new company, new culture and opportunities will eventually help me feel at home.

Best to all of you,

Former kool-aid drinker.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Success after P&G, Anyone else?

Another cool-aid drinker here – no one drank it like I did. I miss some of the people but would I go back? Don’t think so. Really don’t. I started a company and doing very well, even in these times. I like the control I have now and the decisions are mine to make. I know that management played a lot of games with things like goals, promotions and Pacesetters. They handpicked the winners in many cases for a variety of reasons. I still resent them for that. But, I could never have imagined how my life would change after I left. It is so much bigger now and I can see how my company has totally transformed me. I wish all the best.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Life is good now. Found a great company with the opportunity to make more than at P&G. Great Salary and opportunity for bonus. Healthcare but not pharma. Sometimes the boards are so negative. Maybe this will help someone who is struggling to keep your chin up. P&G was a good training ground and there are companies that value the experience. Keep looking, don't give up and remember no one is better than you.

Add your success story.

I still feel a loss over all this and would like to be able to turn the clock back, but a new company, new culture and opportunities will eventually help me feel at home.

Best to all of you,

Former kool-aid drinker.
I greet people at dinner meetings and pour wine for doctors.
Tom Lengle
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Anonymous

No. I give up.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Anonymous

same here. I may never be happy again
Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Anonymous

Hang in there. We're all in the same situation. It is tough but things will pick up and we have skills that will transfer. We're all bitter on some level. The rep picks were pretty random. The DM's and Mgrs were based on ratings and potential.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hang in there. We're all in the same situation. It is tough but things will pick up and we have skills that will transfer. We're all bitter on some level. The rep picks were pretty random. The DM's and Mgrs were based on ratings and potential.
Yes, we have skills that will transfer such as delivering samples so we could work for the post office, UPS or FedEx. Also providing lunches so I guess we could go into the catering or restaurant business. We do know how to drive around in a car so that might equate to a being a terrific taxi driver. Yep, we were well trained!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Anonymous

I am trying to dig myself out of this emotional hell I am in, but it is not working. And my age is against me. Funny how narrow the age is that companies are looking for. On one hand we are told by the government that we will have to work longer than our parents did, and on the other hand, we are told that if you are over 40 and maybe over 35, you will only get the job leftovers at a fraction of what you made before. So then what are we looking at for the rest of our work lives? A series of jobs that are way beneight our capabilities? That is not a life.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Anonymous

I am wounded for life, and will never be able to get past this.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Anonymous

Being left behind is no gift. It WAS great, back in the day, it isn't anymore. Underpaid and overworked, with no direction other than do as you are told. It is no longer your business. And your personal time is no longer your own. No real sense of achievement or satisfaction. You are all better off.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Anonymous

Thank you for your response. I guess things aren’t good for very many people. Very sorry to hear that things have changed for the worse for you as well.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

I have never been so happy and so well rewarded. Frankly, I am numb with how quickly I was able to exceed my income at P&G -- and those levels above me. Of course, I left before the acquisition. Not hard to figure out what was going to happen.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I guess things aren’t good for very many people. Very sorry to hear that things have changed for the worse for you as well.
Stop crying and go start your own business. Geez.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Anonymous

Wow, I'm in the final round of being recruited as an Assistant Brand Manager. Of course, everything I've seen about the company has been wonderful, but they could be controlling what I'm exposed to, haha. It was always my dream to work for P&G, but it's sounding more and more like this might be a bad career move, especially since I will need to relocate.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wow, I'm in the final round of being recruited as an Assistant Brand Manager. Of course, everything I've seen about the company has been wonderful, but they could be controlling what I'm exposed to, haha. It was always my dream to work for P&G, but it's sounding more and more like this might be a bad career move, especially since I will need to relocate.
You are too stupid to be an ABM at Procter if you are trolling the pharmaceutical Cafepharma website after the business has been sold. You are not being recruited. What are you thinking you poser? How did you do on the test? Do tell us more...oh you can't dumb a**!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Anonymous

If I'm not being recruited, why was I contacted and invited to apply? I took the success drivers exam and the reasoning test with all the shapes. Clearly I'm not a poser. I can't believe hostility on this board. Why do we all hate each other?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

It seems I am too young to retire, the government keeps changing the rules on us and I am too old to get another job.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Anonymous

At what age would you say it is nearly impossible to get another good job? 40? 45?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Anonymous

Anyone else think life could get so bad so fast?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Anonymous

It is a new day. In the past, people tolerated jobs that were demeaning and degrading, knowing that after 30 years they would be free of it all. The money was all that mattered. Not so now. We all know now that we will work until we die and that means that the work we do MUST add value to our life, not just money. The work must feed our soul and not just our stomach.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Anonymous

I stumbled across this forum by accident but I felt like I had to post here.

I recently quit P&G through choice. I worked in corporate finance during the pharma divestiture. The way the divestiture was handled was one of many factors in my decision to leave the company. Leaving was a very tough decision, not helped in the slightest by the propaganda culture forced on P&G employees which is designed to scare them into staying with the company. My peers thought I was insane when I resigned.

Although P&G implies that its employees are its most valued asset, I would argue that they are one of the least. P&G does not make its huge profits by treating its employees well, in fact quite the opposite. The decision to divest pharma was made after calculations to ensure that the divestiture would still be profitable after liabilities for redundancy, pensions, lawsuits and intangible damage to reputation etc. Little if any consideration was given to how the divestiture would change the lives of the people working in the pharma division, this should have been the main priority given the companies values & guiding principles which it pushes on its employees on a daily basis.

I now work for a local not-for-profit institution and make more money and work half as many hours (literally 8hrs vs. 16hrs a day). I have more time for my family generally feel better about life. My only regret is that I miss my P&G friends.

I’m sorry to hear that many of you are struggling to find work. I would suggest looking into educational grants and funding made available by the government as part of the stimulus package, it may be hard to find but the money is out there. These funding programs are geared towards providing additional qualifications and/or retraining for a secondary career.

Best of luck to everyone.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Anonymous

Thanks for the insight! I too left PG after many years. I am working for another company now and can't believe how my life has changed. PG was all about the image of work, my new company actually values all input and hard work. I am happier now than I have been in many years
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I stumbled across this forum by accident but I felt like I had to post here.

I recently quit P&G through choice. I worked in corporate finance during the pharma divestiture. The way the divestiture was handled was one of many factors in my decision to leave the company. Leaving was a very tough decision, not helped in the slightest by the propaganda culture forced on P&G employees which is designed to scare them into staying with the company. My peers thought I was insane when I resigned.

Although P&G implies that its employees are its most valued asset, I would argue that they are one of the least. P&G does not make its huge profits by treating its employees well, in fact quite the opposite. The decision to divest pharma was made after calculations to ensure that the divestiture would still be profitable after liabilities for redundancy, pensions, lawsuits and intangible damage to reputation etc. Little if any consideration was given to how the divestiture would change the lives of the people working in the pharma division, this should have been the main priority given the companies values & guiding principles which it pushes on its employees on a daily basis.

I now work for a local not-for-profit institution and make more money and work half as many hours (literally 8hrs vs. 16hrs a day). I have more time for my family generally feel better about life. My only regret is that I miss my P&G friends.

I’m sorry to hear that many of you are struggling to find work. I would suggest looking into educational grants and funding made available by the government as part of the stimulus package, it may be hard to find but the money is out there. These funding programs are geared towards providing additional qualifications and/or retraining for a secondary career.

Best of luck to everyone.
P&G knew EXACTLY what was going on/what would happen when they sold us all to WC like cheap furniture. P&G is smoke and mirrors when it comes to employees. They talk a good talk but boy look out if you get tangled up in a business unit divesting. Go find another company and considered it a lesson learned. P&G doesn’t want us, they made that abundantly clear.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Anonymous

I talked to a former manager and he told me all about the games that management played. He told me how they decided who would win awards based not on performance, but on political agendas. How they manipulated the data and quotas. How managers received bonuses and the reps. were told that bonuses were not consistent with their ideals. How they hired people who could not even pronounce the name of the drug or the disease it treated, but fit a quota and a tax break.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Anonymous

I had a great career at P&G. Of the many businesses I worked in, Pharma was clearly the worst. It lacked creativity; it lacked leadership; it lacked strong values. The people that destroyed the business somehow made it through without a scratch. Senior Management simply did not understand the business well enough to understand how weak the Pharma management team was -- from the president on down.

Tom Finn is a smart guy, a nice guy, but not a leader. Picking Dan Hecht was simply a decision based on a friendship that went back to the beginning of their careers. And Karen Silvis? A well known liar. I watched her on stage mislead about 150 people. I looked over at another manager and our eyes met; we knew that she had shaded the truth just enough that everyone thought things were OK. They weren't for a long time. She knew how to cut, how to lie. Worst manager I ever met ... not even close.

Lots of people paid for the bad judgement of a few.

I am glad I moved on from Pharma before it sank. Very sad.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I talked to a former manager and he told me all about the games that management played. He told me how they decided who would win awards based not on performance, but on political agendas. How they manipulated the data and quotas. How managers received bonuses and the reps. were told that bonuses were not consistent with their ideals. How they hired people who could not even pronounce the name of the drug or the disease it treated, but fit a quota and a tax break.
another doo doo head.
they always give themselves away when they talk about bonuses.
anyone who worked at pg knows there are no bonuses.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
another doo doo head.
they always give themselves away when they talk about bonuses.
anyone who worked at pg knows there are no bonuses.
You are the ignorant doo doo head. Have you ever heard of the STAR bonus? Look it up on the intranet dumb ass. Band 3 gets 7, 4 bets 15, and 5 gets 25% with more for sr. levels. It's all in the policy online. Looks like you don't know shit!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I had a great career at P&G. Of the many businesses I worked in, Pharma was clearly the worst. It lacked creativity; it lacked leadership; it lacked strong values. The people that destroyed the business somehow made it through without a scratch. Senior Management simply did not understand the business well enough to understand how weak the Pharma management team was -- from the president on down.

Tom Finn is a smart guy, a nice guy, but not a leader. Picking Dan Hecht was simply a decision based on a friendship that went back to the beginning of their careers. And Karen Silvis? A well known liar. I watched her on stage mislead about 150 people. I looked over at another manager and our eyes met; we knew that she had shaded the truth just enough that everyone thought things were OK. They weren't for a long time. She knew how to cut, how to lie. Worst manager I ever met ... not even close.

Lots of people paid for the bad judgement of a few.

I am glad I moved on from Pharma before it sank. Very sad.
I totally disagree that Tom Finn is a “nice guy”. A “nice guy” doesn’t stand up at the Manor House and lie through his teeth about how the Pharma divestiture is a “win-win” for all. About how the people that want to keep working in Pharma and live in Cincinnati can now do that with Warner-Chilcott. What a joke. I knew immediately that we Rx employees were getting screwed. And SURPRISE! The losers that ran Rx into the ground didn’t suffer any consequences! Finn and his cronies HAD to know what was in store for us, if they did the due diligence correctly. A lot of people had blood on their hands from that whole affair. I just hope they get theirs some day.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Anonymous

I know you are hurting and many of us are. There was just no winning in this thing. Life is just chance and there is very little you can do about it. “They” try to tell you that you can control your destiny, but that is all lies. The government has decided that most of us will work until we die or are so sick that there will be nothing left. The game has changed and so must we. Look for something that you will enjoy and that does not suck the life out of you. Forget about passing money to your kids or retirement. The government will not let any of that happen. We will all work so that the big companies can keep the wages low the way they like it.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Anonymous

I am still bitter. Very bitter about how hard I worked. How they knowingly used us when they knew what was going to happen. I have given up on everything now.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Anonymous

I don't believe in god anymore. I now see that everyone is out to use everyone else, 100% of the time.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Anonymous

I still buy soap...
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I totally disagree that Tom Finn is a “nice guy”. A “nice guy” doesn’t stand up at the Manor House and lie through his teeth about how the Pharma divestiture is a “win-win” for all. About how the people that want to keep working in Pharma and live in Cincinnati can now do that with Warner-Chilcott. What a joke. I knew immediately that we Rx employees were getting screwed. And SURPRISE! The losers that ran Rx into the ground didn’t suffer any consequences! Finn and his cronies HAD to know what was in store for us, if they did the due diligence correctly. A lot of people had blood on their hands from that whole affair. I just hope they get theirs some day.
Correction noted and my comments are now amended. No nice guy would be so lacking in ethics.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Anonymous

Any one happy out there? I'm not.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Anonymous

Honestly, I have never been happier in my life. I managed to get out of pharma after spending 18 years in the pharma industry. Granted, it was difficult, with the stigma attached to pharma. The company I work for now is fantastic. Everyone works and supports each other and it is a meritocracy, unlike PG. No BS with every manager mimicking their manager. People are allowed to think on their own and the company comes first. I don't have to apologize for my career anymore.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Anonymous

It's now been two years since P&G sold me out. After 25 years with P&G, it was a very VERY bitter pill to swallow. I'm still bitter with them. I don't buy their brands, and I cringe every time I see a P&G commercial on television.

All that aside though, professionally I am the happiest I have ever been. I have taken the invaluable skills I acquired from P&G, and used them to start my own company which is thankfully doing very well. There's a satisfaction that comes from being the captain of your own ship, and I know beyond question that, had I not been sold out, I would still be plugging along at P&G, working like a minion for the carrot at the end of the stick.

The short time I suffered and endured humiliation and brow beating at Warner Chilcott taught me that I would probably not find another work culture like I enjoyed at P&G, and so therefore, I must go out and create my own work culture. I'm glad I did.

Yes, there is life after P&G, and it's pretty darn good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: