for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Linvatec
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linvatec Anonymous board for Linvatex

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Anonymous

Default Another round of layoffs?

What's the story in Largo headquarters? I was told that they have had another round of layoffs and for the first time they fired skilled electronic production workers. Does this relate to the move of electronic capital products manufacturing to Mexico? Did more of our Marketing Product Managers get "restructured"?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Another round of layoffs?

What happens when you hire greedy distributors with no long term business vision only focusing on capital products like video and power???? They burn through reps give themselves a bad name and the rest of the company ends up getting screwed because of it. Now Linvatec has a priority on sports medicine..... NOW?????Seriously?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Another round of layoffs?

No real responses? All I know is that some of the contacts on the power side of R&D engineering are not there anymore. These were the 10-20+ year guys who could usually answer your troubleshooting or competitor's product questions for you. They were a gold mine of information about how to help keep your picky accounts happy. Now if I can find somebody to talk, they need to find someone else in the company to translate the jargon for them.

I was told that additional personell in the IS (computer geeks), engineering, quality, and secretarial support staff were let go. This was after the end of June firings that cut so many long timers and key marketing / engineering people.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Anonymous

Here we go again...This will be a fun set of holidays
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Anonymous

All part of ConMed's move to consolidation to Utica and moving jobs south of the border. So many good people were let go, while they kept dead wood, butt kissers in place.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
All part of ConMed's move to consolidation to Utica and moving jobs south of the border. So many good people were let go, while they kept dead wood, butt kissers in place.

Consolidation to Utica......really, seriously. Were gonna move stuff up there were even the sales reps have a terrible reputation and try to compete in this very saturated market with our current stratedgy. I suggest all you other Conmed Linvatec employees start looking for other jobs. I get my ass beat all day in sports med and nobody has any capital money for video or power so do what most of us sales people are doing. Looking for jobs!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks for the good words since i was one of those whose job was eliminated in June. More than ten years.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:
So true. But why are we calling it another round of layoffs? We have never had a lay off at Linvatec ;J we just fire without cause because we can! We miss you payroll lady, our paycheck have been short ever since we lost you. Weird haw that never seems to happen the other way around, I've never been paid for hours not worked, just not paid for hours worked.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is VERY true. I am now working with some of these butt kissers. At least I get a few laughs every day
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Anonymous

Linvatec, excelling at mediocrity.... got my resume' out and so do most of the reps I know!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Anonymous

why do you think I call it Con-DEAD?!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
why do you think I call it Con-DEAD?!
20 person layoff today. There were some long time people let go.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Another round of layoffs?

The count today in Largo was 10 people. Some of who had been there for a few years and some were actually dead weight that should of been gone along time ago! But others were just plain sad.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:
The count today in Largo was 10 people. Some of who had been there for a few years and some were actually dead weight that should of been gone along time ago! But others were just plain sad.
So, when all is said and done and there is no one else left standing... Does Rich fire Joe or does Joe fire Rich? Well wait, how do you fire a shadow? Quick some one google this Sh*T cause we need to do THAT!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Anonymous

Yep! Another round of layoffs! I forget how many this makes the total for the last year.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Anonymous

20 production workers and 13-14 professional staff. Of the professionals, I would say only 2 were deserving. A couple of them are hard to believe that they were chosen. The kind of coworker that you can count on when the chips are down.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
20 production workers and 13-14 professional staff. Of the professionals, I would say only 2 were deserving. A couple of them are hard to believe that they were chosen. The kind of coworker that you can count on when the chips are down.
Wow, further proof that Linvatec is tanking. Their competitors have been hiring for the last year! If your not for sale, your dead in the water!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:
Wow, further proof that Linvatec is tanking. Their competitors have been hiring for the last year! If your not for sale, your dead in the water!
Last layoff, the associate fluid product manager was let go, NEW job posting,
wanted associate fluid product manager. They let a great one go. What's the deal
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:
wanted associate fluid product manager. They let a great one go. What's the deal
There is something "fishy" going on with California. Watch out all.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
There is something "fishy" going on with California. Watch out all.
California? Are you referring to the scope & camera operation in Goleta, near Santa Barbara or the sales operation?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
California? Are you referring to the scope & camera operation in Goleta, near Santa Barbara or the sales operation?
scope and camera operation
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
scope and camera operation
Please elaborate, myself and many others are considering moving on. Most have resumes out and are actively searching other opportunities.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Please elaborate, myself and many others are considering moving on. Most have resumes out and are actively searching other opportunities.
Join the club. You aren't the only ones with your resumes out there. Aren't a lot of openings available unless you are willing to move across the country.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Join the club. You aren't the only ones with your resumes out there. Aren't a lot of openings available unless you are willing to move across the country.
I feel so sorry for the California people, good emplyees are leaving and being tossed out for what? CHEAP LABOR across the border.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I know who you are speaking of. TS was and is top shelf. This is yet another example of Darling making emotional decisions rather than properly acknowledging an employees skills and value to the organization. Need I remind any of you that Joe Darling has very low value in the human talent that it takes to run a company?

Stay tuned in the next few months, and mark my words, several will leave this company for better or at least comparable positions somewhere else. In the last few weeks, I have heard form more past Linvatec colleagues than in the prior year. What is going on that is causing such an uptick in prospecting?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I feel so sorry for the California people, good emplyees are leaving and being tossed out for what? CHEAP LABOR across the border.
Great move Linvatec, and thank you! There is a pretty good rep in my territory giving me a bit of a go at it competitively. If it is true manufacturing is going south, your competition is going to have a field day selling against your "made in Mexico" camera. Who was the brain child of this decision? Why is it every time I read a Linvatec post, something stupid has been decided in management. Is this all really a poor president issue? Sorry three questions and no real need to reply I come here for entertainment. Some of this stuff is hilarious. The Linvatec posts are sad because they seem to come from employees who STILL WORK THERE. That says a lot.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Anonymous

Folks,
Face it, coming from a current employee, this organization is imploding. We had a good vision for years. I have been with the company for 6+years and i cannot wait to move on. In the video market, it is tough to stay in med device. S&N is not hiring and is hoping to get bought...they have been in rough shape longer than Linvatec. S&N had some US devlopement but has shut everything down. They haven't launched a domestic video camera in how long? Oly is overseas...and half chinese. I considered Stuttgart/Tutlingen but my ex roomate that contracts with KS just said that selling video to 3rd parties (arthrex) doesn't allow the same margins they are used to...cut back on r&d, HR, op's...but still maintain the same sales arm. They are in the same margin landslide that we were in 2 years ago. I'd be interested in the feedback from other KS folks? The only other option is Stryker but all they employees are ex athletes and if you don't 'drink the koolaid', you're an outcast. The ridiculous Gallup garbage is ubsurd. I guarantee I am twice the managing eng than exists at stryker...my counterpart at Linvatec just applied and was turned down by some 24yr old HR associate...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Anonymous

Joke: Why do birds fly upside down over Mexico?
Answer: Because there is nothing worth shitting on!!

Hey Linvatec!! Shut it down, stop production, and have Obama bail you out!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Anonymous

R+D and marketing for Endoscopy SBU will remain in Santa Barbara.. Production wil be in Florida and only some commodity products moving to Mexico.....

It is still the best HD camera in the market place, by far...
Old 04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Anonymous

"It is still the best HD camera in the market place, by far..."

If this is true why are the sales so low compared to other companies?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
"It is still the best HD camera in the market place, by far..."

If this is true why are the sales so low compared to other companies?
Because our bundling capabilities are poor. Look what Arthrex is doing to us... they don't even make their own camera and are wiping us out.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Anonymous

Does anyone know Dave Runyan? I believe that he works for Jim Perratore out of Saratoga NY.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Does anyone know Dave Runyan? I believe that he works for Jim Perratore out of Saratoga NY.
Great guy and a rock star! Can't believe he is still there!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Anonymous

Rep of the year 2 years ago I believe. Over 5 million in sales if I remember correctly...
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Rep of the year 2 years ago I believe. Over 5 million in sales if I remember correctly...
Yep, I agree, Dave is an extremely great rep. A great rep can sell anything, even Linvatec. Too bad there are so few at Linvatec.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Anonymous

Look out there are more coming.... Last one in Largo, turn out the lights
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Anonymous

If they would just get the right one, JD, and bring someone in who actually has a clue and some integrity maybe things could turn around.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:
If they would just get the right one, JD, and bring someone in who actually has a clue and some integrity maybe things could turn around.
Any idea as to when the next round is in Largo? Or is it the people in California?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The problem here is that an individual with integrity will not come to Linvatec. Researching and inquiring considering Linvatec they will turn away. Only the desperate unemployed who must have a job will come on board with game face and take the salary nod to JD and become a member of the complacent management team. There simply is no integrity in upper management at Linvatec. If there were, you would not see these many messages on the boards. No other company has postings like these.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The problem here is that an individual with integrity will not come to Linvatec. Researching and inquiring considering Linvatec they will turn away. Only the desperate unemployed who must have a job will come on board with game face and take the salary nod to JD and become a member of the complacent management team. There simply is no integrity in upper management at Linvatec. If there were, you would not see these many messages on the boards. No other company has postings like these.
You're wrong, go check out Synthes.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You're wrong, go check out Synthes.
Don't you mean Synthes Division of J&J?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Another round of layoffs?

Synthes that just sold for 21.8 Billion. Ah Linvatec can't even hold their jock..... Product Managers at Linvatec what a joke. Hire a guy with a Masters Degree that has no clue about Surgical Procedures,medical devices, the OR. Yes that makes sense. Don't hire people with experience in the OR, and familiar with the the products and services. What ever happened to hiring from within, and knowing the potential of personel already employed by the company. Think Quality is bad now. Wait until the Endoscopy products are moved to Largo..... Sell the products now because the Quality in Largo is terrible. Just get the product out the door and worry about the failures after the check is cashed.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Anonymous

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....947&highlight=

Do any of you dumb asses actually read anything but cafépharma? Look at Linvatec's results they speak for themselves. My guess is that you got your ass fired, and perhaps the reason for the recent turnaround. Before any of you witty rejects post…I don’t work for Linvatec.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

Do any of you dumb asses actually read anything but cafépharma? Look at Linvatec's results they speak for themselves. My guess is that you got your ass fired, and perhaps the reason for the recent turnaround. Before any of you witty rejects post…I don’t work for Linvatec.

It's called "creative bookeeping". It will catch up with us soon.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Anonymous

The above poster asking about Dave Runyan........the guy is NOT a rock star. Any rep can go into any account and sell on price which is what he does. He will sell out anyone he can to cover his ass instead of doing the right thing morally but hey look who he works for. No integrity just like his distributor. I'd never hire him and he'll stay at linvatec and go down with them.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The above poster asking about Dave Runyan........the guy is NOT a rock star. Any rep can go into any account and sell on price which is what he does. He will sell out anyone he can to cover his ass instead of doing the right thing morally but hey look who he works for. No integrity just like his distributor. I'd never hire him and he'll stay at linvatec and go down with them.

Getting your a$$ kicked by him again this year? Dont worry, second place isn't all that bad...
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Anonymous

Again no integrity and you must be one of JP's lackie's sticking up for Runyan, stay with Linvatec and JP you'll go as far as he wants you to go while you pay for it.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Synthes that just sold for 21.8 Billion. Ah Linvatec can't even hold their jock..... Product Managers at Linvatec what a joke. Hire a guy with a Masters Degree that has no clue about Surgical Procedures,medical devices, the OR. Yes that makes sense. Don't hire people with experience in the OR, and familiar with the the products and services. What ever happened to hiring from within, and knowing the potential of personel already employed by the company. Think Quality is bad now. Wait until the Endoscopy products are moved to Largo..... Sell the products now because the Quality in Largo is terrible. Just get the product out the door and worry about the failures after the check is cashed.
Well that new guy probably works for less money since he is a couple of years out of college. So he must be better for thecompany, right? That's why we fire the Product Manager's who worked in the OR and R&D guys who had hundreds of OR cases under their belts. Now we have to explain to Linvatec newbies about cleaning and sterile procedures.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Anonymous

Cool Re: Another round of layoffs?

Quote:

Single-use arthroscopy accounts for almost a third of the total Q111 revenues (sportsmed). The majority of the contribution coming from the SRS platform of products. Now the bad news, most of the marketing and engineer people originally involved with the development and launch of that product line have left the building.... not fired. Fortunately, we still have the engineer responsible for the poplok. Hopefully he will not be looking for greener pastures in the near future.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Anonymous

Because the poplok is such a great device..........................when are you going to get it about your SRS line? You came to the game way too late combine that with your shady business practices along with all your recalls this year alone and your dead in the water. Joke of a company.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: