» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales > Bio Reference
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bio Reference Anonymous board for Bio Reference

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Anonymous

Default Path Line

Has anyone heard of this lab? Trying to take my business in NJ, do not know who they are.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Anonymous

Party Re: Path Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Has anyone heard of this lab? Trying to take my business in NJ, do not know who they are.
Stop your whining Chris!!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Path Line

Russian Mafia. You have no shot if doc is crooked
Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Anonymous

I think they are the new pathology lab in Rockland County that was started a little over a year ago by the 2 guys that got fired/left BRLI. The guys that there was an article about in the Bergen Record - I can't think of their names. That would explain why they are going after your accounts. I've noticed a lot of boexs of theirs around Bergen County.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Path Line

That would be S.R. and M.C.(Mr Rolex)
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Path Line

Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Anonymous

Is this the same lab as Orange Pathology Associates ?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

I like cotton candy !!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: Path Line

This lab was started by two pathologists. One from Orange Regional Medical Center the other from Good Samaritan in Suffern. They are a group of twenty pathologists spread among ten hospitals in NY and NJ. Mostly community hospitals. They were Orange Pathology and suckered the dumb CEO's of these hospitals into letting them pull out all of the histology and centralize it in Rockland County. They have like three other names or sub corporations. None of the Pathologists are of any well known level or thought leader caliber. There histology SUCKS, they sent some slides to our hospital in NYC for a consult and our Chairman thought they should go play golf somewhere. They are trying to take over hospital pathology labs in NJ and in NY. They also at the same time are trying to get the hemeonc business and have just tried the Plus Model for urology. They are all over the map. Rumor is they are just hoping to be bought by Labcorp, Quest or even a Clarient or sonic. Just in it for the money, and yes the former guys from Genpath helped start this lab. I would not trust those two as far as King Kong could throw them! I heard from a Histo that interviewed there that the lab is a mess and is in like three small suites and spread all over a small industrial park. If you work for a competitor ask the oncologists etc to ask Pathline for a tour of their facilities, then have them tour yours (as long as it too is not a dump). I would be very careful around these guys. and any hospital or Pathology group that joins them are fools. They will wake up next year and find out that they now work for quest and that the hospital lab is now run by Quest.
Also the head hemepath from Genpath is there now.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Path Line

what head path went there? The one that used to be with Impath?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Anonymous

Rolleyes Re: Path Line

I think Dr. Liu from Genpath, not the guy from Impath.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Bio-Reference Laboratories Inc. of Elmwood Park has sued two departing employees over company information it says it fears might be used by a competitor.

The clinical testing laboratory filed suit in U.S. District Court in Newark against Sam Ruta of Yardley, Pa., a departing sales manager, and Matt Carey of Fairfield, Conn., a departing salesman. Both men were hired in 2003 and recently gave notice.

The suit asks the court to order the two men to allow Bio-Reference to remove its business information from their computers.

"Bio-Reference has no basis for this suit," said Steve Kramarsky, a lawyer for Ruta and Carey. "These are two guys who left their jobs, which they're obviously allowed to do."

Kramarsky said the two men offered to return all of Bio-Reference's information from their computers but refused to allow the company to "go on a fishing expedition through their personal computers."

He said both men have turned their computers and BlackBerrys over to him, and have no access to the information on them.

The suit says Ruta and Carey signed contracts that limit their work competing with Bio-Reference after their departure.

Though the two men have not told the company of their career plans, Bio-Reference said in its suit that it believes they plan to work with a competing lab. It cited a meeting Carey and Ruta had with Schuyler Newman, an owner of Orange Regional Pathology in Middletown, N.Y.

A lawyer for Bio-Reference did not return a call seeking comment.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Path Line

Any more information on these guys? Are they hiring? Are they growing?

They keep trying to convince more pathologists to sign over their practices.

Had one Oncologist claim that the pathologists are making sales calls in NJ.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: Path Line

Now I am hearing these guys are starting to offer "incentives" to offices.
You can take the man out of GenPath but you can't take Genpath out of the man!

Is this true. Also how do you convince hospitals to only send their work to your core lab when your corelab is not owned by the hospital but your pathologists work at the hospital and are employed by the core lab or are partners? There has to be something not legal about this arrangement.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Florida guy

Default Rumors aside..

Sam Ruta will clean your clock head to head.....especially if you don't know your product inside-out. Say what you want but the guy knows his shit...He saw the cluster at Genapth and bolted. Chuck Todd called a special Genpath sales meeting when Sam Ruta's non compete was up to strategize on how to keep him from taking their business.

Seen the Genpath lab lately? Not exactly impressive. More like a shit hole.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Path Line...NOW CALLED EMERGE

What the F? Anyone here of emerge? they gave a presentation in NJ about their lab. Just another lab in my opinion. Heard they may be a front for Pathline!

These guys have more names then the Mexican Drug Cartels!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Anonymous

Pathline is taking accounts left and right all over NY state and NJ .. They are setting up large groups with split billing and in some casses setting up histology labs for the practice. They are geting all the business from these large groups. I have seen at least 6 major GI groups that are now pathline split bill or full lab accounts. Something illegal is going on ,,
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Something illegal is going on ,,
Are you kidding???????Classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black!!!!" What a joke!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Anonymous

Question of the day!

How can you force a hospital to remove their pathology lab and send all the work to you? Your lab has private ownership but the hospital pathologists are your employees. I thought that unless the hospital owns a large percentage of you or you are the Core Lab for a Health system, that this is illegal.

Anyone have an answer for this? I think itís time to get CMS or the States involved.

All anyone does is blast my employer and then I see this happening!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Question of the day!

How can you force a hospital to remove their pathology lab and send all the work to you? Your lab has private ownership but the hospital pathologists are your employees. I thought that unless the hospital owns a large percentage of you or you are the Core Lab for a Health system, that this is illegal.

Anyone have an answer for this? I think itís time to get CMS or the States involved.

All anyone does is blast my employer and then I see this happening!
PLEASE HELP I AM UNDER ATTACK BY THESE GUYS.THEY WANT TO CLOSE MY LAB IN THE HOSPITAL I WORK AT. I BELIEVE THEIR BUSINESS PLAN IS NOT LEGAL IN NEW YORK. WHO DO I CONTACT TO REPORT OR AT LEAST CHECK UP ON WHT THEY ARE DOING?!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I BELIEVE THEIR BUSINESS PLAN IS NOT LEGAL IN NEW YORK.
Look at the pot calling the kettle black!!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Look at the pot calling the kettle black!!
Probabl a PLUS person bashing Pathline, doubt its a BioRef person.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Anonymous

Heard these guys have been going around offering a HemeFish product.

Also bought Paradigm Labs, any truth? Heard Paradigm has a guy that supports Al Qiada working there.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Anonymous

they seem to have a very high turnover rate. Was contacted by a head hunter for a manager position. She slso did not know too much about the company but had no problem BS'ing me about it. I think it is a small start up may be gone by next year hense the high bailout rate some people bailed out after 7 months on job for greener pastures.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Anonymous

Look out Pathline/Emerge?Sam's Lab/Newmans Crooked Path co...Whatever your called...

CMS has their eyes on you as does the State...STARK STARK STARK!!!

Split up now or else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Path Line

Hey PATHLINE, how are you going to get the Prostates to run 22 Biopsies on if they are recommending less Biopsies and less PSA screening?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20116966.shtml
Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Anonymous

I hear these guys are starting to play the "Bioreference/GenPath" game in terms of trying to get business?

Anyone else hearing that. They are really putting the squeeze on in NJ.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Anonymous

They just took over the lab at the Hospital in New Rochelle, NY. Why they want that business is anybodies guess. I wonder what they are going to do when the Grandfather clause expires and they have to start billing back all the Pathology work to the hospitals?

Good thing I left the lab business and went back to pharma. These guys are grabbing up everything.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Path Line

Quote:
PLEASE HELP I AM UNDER ATTACK BY THESE GUYS.THEY WANT TO CLOSE MY LAB IN THE HOSPITAL I WORK AT. I BELIEVE THEIR BUSINESS PLAN IS NOT LEGAL IN NEW YORK. WHO DO I CONTACT TO REPORT OR AT LEAST CHECK UP ON WHT THEY ARE DOING?!
Hilarious
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Anonymous

Argue Re: Path Line

Message TO CBL, Bioreference, Labcorp, Quest Etc...

NEW STRATEGY:

REGAIN ALL THE BUSINESS WE LOST TO PATHLINE....

They are really swarming the Hudson Valley!!

Every Gray area deal we have done, they have gone more Gray!!

We Really need to fight back!!

(Copied from the CBL Thread)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Anonymous

Seeing them as Emerge in onc offices. Anyone have any dirt on them?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Path Line

Quote:
Are you seeing them a lot...what area???

Here is some info:

Well, if you are in the Hudson Valley, the Pathologists are buddies with the Oncologists. They all work for the same hospital networks. It is a scam. They give EMR's etc. in NY which is not approved... They also have captured the business in many hospitals by convincing and conniving the CEO to pull out the lab and send all the Path to their core labs. The lab is second rate. But, they are local. I had them try and hit hard in CT where I work, but they have been laughed out of the state. You should see the quality of their slides....Yeesh...

There is dirt; it just has to be found. They also do "saturation biopsies" for their clients...Money to be made.

Former Genpath guys run them...they are called Pathline in the hospital market. The Genpath guys know a lot of doctors (Oncs, GI, GU, Oral, Pediatrics) and are trying to convert them. From what I can tell they tell the insurers the work is being done in one of their hospitals that are covered by the particular insurer, since the "Core Lab" really has very little coverage. They will get theirs one day...

Wonder how they will survive when the hospitals will have to be billed by the labs directly and pay for the work out of their DRG's. Won't make much sense...hence their big push into Oncology offices.....
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Anonymous

https://www.pathlinelabs.com/Home.aspx
Old 02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Anonymous

If workups are being done in different hospitals, how do patients get billed--from a hosp or from PathLine?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm seeing Emerge lab boxes everywhere
Old 02-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
They are just dropping boxes wherever they visit. Most of these boxes are replacing the boxes the local hospital labs had left years ago. Remember these guys are now the "hospital pathology lab"

They. We'd to do this to survive because July 1st,2012 will be the beginning of the end of their Pathline business (hospital).
Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Anonymous

Arrow Re: Path Line

Quote:
They are just dropping boxes wherever they visit. Most of these boxes are replacing the boxes the local hospital labs had left years ago. Remember these guys are now the "hospital pathology lab"

They need to do this to survive because July 1st,2012 will be the beginning of the end of their Pathline business (hospital).
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
They need to do this to survive because July 1st,2012 will be the beginning of the end of their Pathline business (hospital).
Why July1 ??
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why July1 ??

A part of this legislation, the grandfather clause on Technical Component (TC) anatomic pathology services was extended through June 1, 2012.

Read more: In Fixing Physician Medicare Pay, Congress Enacts Yet Another Cut in Clinical Laboratory Test Fee Schedule |

Dark Daily :

http://www.darkdaily.com/in-fixing-p...#ixzz1nngsvwPo
Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Anonymous

How are you guys going to survive?

I just heard you will have to bill back the Technical component of all your Medicare Patients to the hospitals. I believe you took all of the Pathology work OUT-OF the hospitals and centralized it in NJ somehere.

Just curious? Have you told all the hospitals this? Or have you figured out a way to "get around" the law?? wink wink, nudge nudge

Even the commercila labs like Neogenomics etc are pushing press releases that they are concerned.

Just asking???
Old 04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
How are you guys going to survive?

I just heard you will have to bill back the Technical component of all your Medicare Patients to the hospitals. I believe you took all of the Pathology work OUT-OF the hospitals and centralized it in NJ somehere.

Just curious? Have you told all the hospitals this? Or have you figured out a way to "get around" the law?? wink wink, nudge nudge

Even the commercila labs like Neogenomics etc are pushing press releases that they are concerned.

Just asking???
Oh One More Thing:

Urologistsí Self-Referral For Pathology Of Biopsy Specimens Linked To Increased Use And Lower Prostate Cancer Detection
Jean M. Mitchell
Health Aff April 2012 31:4741-749;

Will be proven in other specialties as well!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Anonymous

Worried Re: Path Line

Quote:
Are you seeing them a lot...what area???

Here is some info:

Well, if you are in the Hudson Valley, the Pathologists are buddies with the Oncologists. They all work for the same hospital networks. It is a scam. They give EMR's etc. in NY which is not approved... They also have captured the business in many hospitals by convincing and conniving the CEO to pull out the lab and send all the Path to their core labs. The lab is second rate. But, they are local. I had them try and hit hard in CT where I work, but they have been laughed out of the state. You should see the quality of their slides....Yeesh...

There is dirt; it just has to be found. They also do "saturation biopsies" for their clients...Money to be made.

Former Genpath guys run them...they are called Pathline in the hospital market. The Genpath guys know a lot of doctors (Oncs, GI, GU, Oral, Pediatrics) and are trying to convert them. From what I can tell they tell the insurers the work is being done in one of their hospitals that are covered by the particular insurer, since the "Core Lab" really has very little coverage. They will get theirs one day...

Wonder how they will survive when the hospitals will have to be billed by the labs directly and pay for the work out of their DRG's. Won't make much sense...hence their big push into Oncology offices.....
Emerge is a division of Histopathology Services( aka...Pathline) in Suffern NY. Lab being run by former GenPath pathologist Zach Liu, MD. They are making backroom deals with anyone who will listen to them, they will even bypass doc to syphon business (sound familiar??). Lab boxes and reps showing up everywhere. A girl named Alysia has recently been calling on a number of my accounts. Anyone hear of any foulups or mis-diagnosis by this group??
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Anonymous

No, but I hear that their pathologists are nothing of anything special. For example their medical director is a Podiatric pathologist!! Running all types of surgical specimens.

The way they sell is by going behind the backs of the Pathologists at hospitals and make deals with Administration.

I hear they are building a facility in North Jersey somewhere.

Just call them Genpath Lite
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Anonymous

You people have no idea what you are talking about. With Newman it is all about power. He is some geeky pathologist who now gets to play with the popular boys- Rolex and Ruta. He is not a podiatric pathologist. He is board certified, but he is out of his league. Everybody that set the lab up and worked 24/7 was given a buy out so he could bring in heavy hitters. His original partner is never even mentioned in the Pathline lit- Thomas Snopek is the director at GSH and Newman has now ostracized him because he thinks he is a liability. Rolex and Ruta really run the show. From what I hear the people there are being worked like dogs and their computer system sucks. Look at the website. From what I hear Crystal Run, a big player and a big client of theirs in Orange Cty took a hike and their CEO is not to be messed with.
I hear he wants to get rid of that group in Newman's old hospital. What goes around, comes around. Can't wait!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You people have no idea what you are talking about. With Newman it is all about power. He is some geeky pathologist who now gets to play with the popular boys- Rolex and Ruta. He is not a podiatric pathologist. He is board certified, but he is out of his league. Everybody that set the lab up and worked 24/7 was given a buy out so he could bring in heavy hitters. His original partner is never even mentioned in the Pathline lit- Thomas Snopek is the director at GSH and Newman has now ostracized him because he thinks he is a liability. Rolex and Ruta really run the show. From what I hear the people there are being worked like dogs and their computer system sucks. Look at the website. From what I hear Crystal Run, a big player and a big client of theirs in Orange Cty took a hike and their CEO is not to be messed with.
I hear he wants to get rid of that group in Newman's old hospital. What goes around, comes around. Can't wait!
The owner of Crystal Run, has no idea what he is getting into with That hospital. They are 75% Medicare and all that business will have to be billed back to the hospital. He is a fool if he goes for that business and the hospital Admin are even bigger fools!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Anonymous

They must have hired some other reps, I'm seeing their biz cards all over the place.

Are these guys with Waterstreet?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Anonymous

Just tell your clients that they should ask for a tour of their facilities....enough said.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Just tell your clients that they should ask for a tour of their facilities....enough said.
Guessing u never cheked out GenOptix circa 2006 ... some VP's will never heed the tea leaves
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
They must have hired some other reps, I'm seeing their biz cards all over the place.

Are these guys with Waterstreet?
Who is Waterstreet??
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Anonymous

Pathline is going away in a few weeks, that's why there's the big push for Emerge in oncology clinics. I've had accounts tell me SR has been in their office trying to get them to switch over to Emerge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: