for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Purdue
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Anonymous

Default The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Both my father and I take Oxycontin for pain, and we have come to the same conclusion: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC Oxycontin. I take them orally as directed, and there is a noticeable difference in potency. Both my father and I are hoping they change back to their old formula, or we will be switching to another pain killer like Opana.

I have friends that use Oxycontin for other purposes, and they hate it because you can't inject it, and snorting it is nearly impossible because it turns into flakes and almost no powder, and getting it to that form is apparently much more difficult. I understand that people shouldn't be using Oxycontin recreationally, but more than one of my friends has actually switched over to heroin... and that's not good. I don't care about how it's used other than orally for myself, because that's the only way I use it... but I do care that some of my friends have decided to go back to heroin because of this change. Also, they said prices for Dilaudid have gone up because of this new change, so they can't afford anything else.

So the consensus is: This new change is bad for everyone. I either need to raise my dose of Oxycontin, or change to something else, because my current dose no longer works for me since the change to OP. So if they changed it to stop people from abusing it, they also screwed over everyone with a prescription that uses it orally for pain.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Have you been in Bridgeport, CT. recently?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Have you been in Bridgeport, CT. recently?
no, why
Old 10-05-2010, 02:36 PM
cafepharma newbie

I have been taking oxycontin for the past 6 years. I recently was involved in an accident that caused me to have 5 surgeries and an attempt to reconstruct my right leg with titan. The Dr's are pleased that I still have my right leg and that there is healing present. However I need to remain having a low impact life that involved restricted walking. The pain was bearable until this last week. I was unaware that the oxycontin had changed until my son informed me that the outer shell was constructed differently. That would be ok since I take them 3 times a day as a whole pill. However the pill takes longer to start working and when it does it leaves me with a knot in my throat and an elevator felling which I have not had for years. The pill doesn't seam to be able to cut my pain to become tolerable so I have to take more 30's which are not time released. I am not sure but I believe through my experience that the pill doesn't work as well and caused me to look for an alternative while I wait to take another. Is anyone else having like problems? I just seem to be in constant pain and the pill that worked to make it managable has now let me down - any reply would be appriciated so I at least know if anyone else is having any problems controling their pain witth this new oxycontin. Thanks and I look forward to your posts.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Anonymous

Question Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodicot View Post
I have been taking oxycontin for the past 6 years. I recently was involved in an accident that caused me to have 5 surgeries and an attempt to reconstruct my right leg with titan. The Dr's are pleased that I still have my right leg and that there is healing present. However I need to remain having a low impact life that involved restricted walking. The pain was bearable until this last week. I was unaware that the oxycontin had changed until my son informed me that the outer shell was constructed differently. That would be ok since I take them 3 times a day as a whole pill. However the pill takes longer to start working and when it does it leaves me with a knot in my throat and an elevator felling which I have not had for years. The pill doesn't seam to be able to cut my pain to become tolerable so I have to take more 30's which are not time released. I am not sure but I believe through my experience that the pill doesn't work as well and caused me to look for an alternative while I wait to take another. Is anyone else having like problems? I just seem to be in constant pain and the pill that worked to make it managable has now let me down - any reply would be appriciated so I at least know if anyone else is having any problems controling their pain witth this new oxycontin. Thanks and I look forward to your posts.
Yodicot

How could you be using Oxycontin for six years if by your per own admission you stated that your accident occurred recently?. Did you use it recreationally prior to your accident?, How did you obtained the prescription?. Please explain.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

Rant Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

The new OP oxycontin is horrible, I have been on oxy for eight years and decided to get off. I had a plan with my doc to ween of of them and it was working fine until these crappy OP pills came out. I have to take twice as much not to go into w/d's and another effect is that I feel like I have polmer (teflon flu). Teflon flu is a condition that workers that spray coat materials with (polymer) when they would breath in or have the polymer absorb throught the skin, would have the symptoms of a flu. I know because i exeperienced it. We don't know what polymer is in the new pill (because Purdue PIG won't tell) so it is hard to research what the health implications are. Actually polymers are used to protect metal machinery from getting corrision forom acids (like you stomach acids). Well what this means when your digestive system trys to get this drug in IT CAN'T so the active ingredients wind up in the waste producucts of you body. Also some polymers are HIGHLY CARCINAGESTIC (causes cancer). So thank you again Purde pharma you show how big money PIGS you are.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM
cafepharma newbie

I have found the absolute BEST way to use the new OPs without wasting ANY medication. STOP heating these up in the microwave, you're wasting too much medication and we all know how precious our oxy's now are.
I've tried every method on the net from microwaving/freezing, to coke, alka selter, lemon juice, vinegar and I promise you, MY method will give you the absolute BEST high and not waste ANY of your meds!
Go to your local pharmacy and pick up some vitamin C stuff called "EmergenC". It disolves in a little bit of water like Alka Selzters do, but it's got a ton of citric and many other acids in it, so it will dissolve a cut up oxy in about an hour. Plus you can take 4-6 packs of this stuff a day and it's good for you! Make sure to dissolve one packet in about a quarter cup of room temp water. Stir until all of it's dissolved. After cutting up an OP, (no need to take off the outer coating with this method), put in the glass and stir. Let sit from 15 minutes (for light dissolving) to up to an hour to dissolve completely. Stir gently every 5-10 minutes as the pieces will try to stick to the side of the glass while dissolving. If you wait until it's all dissolved and drink, you'll get an absolute excellent high AND it'll last hours, instead of minutes the way heating/freezing method does. No matter how well you heat/freeze it, you're still wasting a shit load of medication this way.
Dissolve one before going to bed each night, wake up and you're good to go! It takes about 10-15 minutes to hit, but it will hit hard and strong. PLUS you don't waste ANY of your medication this way. Give it a try, I promise you'll like it!
I don't claim this to be my method, however, like others, I've endlessly searched online and nobody else has posted it this way. (I have posted it anonymously in two other forums) Spread the word, this method works great!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

In my last post I stated that polymers are imperious to weak acids, that is why they don't work (Vitamin C is Ascorbic Acid). Also no matter whether you cut them, break them into small pieces once the polymer material comes into contact with an aqueous solution it will just gel up again. These new oxycontins suck and should be taken off the market. Oh btw I yse them for legit chronic pain not to catch a buzz. That is what caused the Purdue PIGS to come up with this F'ed up coating.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Anonymous

After more than a decade of safely using oxycontin for spinal pain, I had to switch to the new formula overnight.

I have been taking the new formula for the last two months. My doctor had to increase the dosage because they were slightly less effective than the old formulation, but I did not experience anything like some of the symptoms I've been reading about. The problems I have had mostly involve digestion.

Then a few weeks ago, I began to experience withdrawal symptoms for the first time. My doctor did not register surprise, and instructed me on dealing with it using breakthrough medicine. I had made no changes to my normal regime, so this was completely unexpected.

Within a few days I was able to go back to using the breakthrough medicine on a PRN basis again. My doctor told me this would happen, but I hadn't believed him.

Then, yesterday, I went into withdrawal again, for the second time in my life.

I tried to think of what could be in common between the two episodes.

The only thing I can think of is that days before the first episode, I had tried (for the first time) "Fiber One" caramel and oats "35% fiber" chewy bars. They tasted so good that I ate all six bars in the box on the same day. Although I would have thought that they would help with opiate induced constipation, they had the opposite effect: I was bound up for several days, to the point that the pressure was causing bits of soft stool to be forced out when I did not want them to be.

I tried them again a couple of days ago, but limited myself to just 3 chewy bars a day (the suggested daily amount of fiber). The same symptoms occurred.(Both being having my insides bound up, and going into withdrawal.

I think it may be that when the gel (formed by hydration of the tablet by digestive juices) mixes with certain foods, especially fibrous ones, the combination somehow resists movement through the gut (possibly due to the slippery nature of high molecular weight PEO polymers), and also somehow either prevents release of oxycodone, or prevents released oxycodone from reaching the intestinal mucosa where it can be absorbed (possibly due to failure of the PEO to degrade when mixed with fibrous foods, or to an increase in the diffusion distance to the mucosa).

I was only able to recover using Miralax, but I think it's use also caused days of oxycodone (bound within the mixture of PEO gel and fiber) to be eliminated without being absorbed.

I know from studying the reports of the 8 clinical trials for Reformulated OxyContin (all of which were phase 1) that subjects were given only one tablet per six days for under twelve days. That's two tablets in total, the second only given after the first had been flushed from the bodies of the subjects.

There is no way that the trials could have tested for a situation like the one I just described, since the subjects did not take enough of the drug for any complex interactions to be seen between diet and such factors as the side effects of either the drug or of it's excipients.

I'm now prescribed six tablets a day. That is an awful lot of strongly hydrophilic material to be mixing with stool for an extended period of time. (It's an awful lot of medicine too, but that's another story). I would like to suggest that when subsequent tests are performed on subjects taking the medicine in this kind of quantity, the protocols should take into account certain over the counter medicines and diet.

In particular, due to the constipating effects of narcotic medicines, physicians and pharmacists often recommend a high fiber diet and fiber-type laxatives. Therefore such conditions should be accounted for in the test protocols. Especially when they can have a profound effect on the behavior of the drug.

Who knows? Maybe the solution to the problem of people going into withdrawal could be a warning box that says: "Avoid or limit intake of fiber based laxatives, or foods high in fiber, while taking this medication. They may reduce absorption of the drug and may initiate development of withdrawal symptoms"

In case it helps those who are trying to debug this problem, another data point, while subjective, is that after taking this drug for a while, the stools begin to take on the appearance of having mixed with mineral oil, or a laxative product containing mineral oil such as Kondremul.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Anonymous

I left a message in another thread and cannot tell any difference in the efficacy of the two formulations.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I left a message in another thread and cannot tell any difference in the efficacy of the two formulations.
Some people can not.

They are the lucky ones.

Unfortunately everyone on this planet of ours is different, and some are not as lucky.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Anonymous

I was not one of the lucky ones either. I had been stable on Oxycontin 40mg x 3 @ day for over 6 years. I quickly became ill and went threw withdrawals when I started the new pills.
Now I need to take a higher dose, which my insurance company is refusing to pay for, so now another month goes by while I wait on an appeal process, trapped in bed or on the coach in pain.

My only other option according to my primary care doctor is to switch to MsContin. Not much of an option since the last time I tried MsContin I was physically ill. I tolerated MsContin all of 5 days before I called my doctor and told him I could not take it anymore. Big choice eh?

I have tried MsContin, Methadone, & Duragesic Patches all of which I could not function on, even when it did help a lot with the pain. I was ready to give up (literally) until I found Oxycontin. As I said to a new friend who has been miss-informed by the media about Oxycontin, "I take it in order to function, I don't take it so that I can't function, (get high).
I told my doctor before I found Oxycontin, "I don't want to die, but I don't want to live like this."

Plus I've tried all the non-opioids, Lyrica, SSRI's, non-SSRI's, muscle relaxers, Utram, etc. Heck I've been a f-ing experiment for years.

Lord only knows if I can find anything else that I tolerate that my doctor would be willing to use. And to tell you the truth I'm not looking forward to taking them considering the bad reactions I had from previous medications.

Some say we are over-treating pain. Take a look at Europe if you want an eye opener about the lie in that. Try reading Wikipedia about Oxycontin to see how other countries treat pain and enforce pain laws.

Thanks to all who abused and created the war on drugs my narrow life is now more narrowed and leaves me isolated, (alone) and in pain. Heck, I miss talking to someone at the check counter at the pharmacy store just to feel what it's like to be social. People are not meant to be isolated. But that's what happens when pain's left under-treated.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I was not one of the lucky ones either. I had been stable on Oxycontin 40mg x 3 @ day for over 6 years. I quickly became ill and went threw withdrawals when I started the new pills.
Now I need to take a higher dose, which my insurance company is refusing to pay for, so now another month goes by while I wait on an appeal process, trapped in bed or on the coach in pain.

My only other option according to my primary care doctor is to switch to MsContin. Not much of an option since the last time I tried MsContin I was physically ill. I tolerated MsContin all of 5 days before I called my doctor and told him I could not take it anymore. Big choice eh?

I have tried MsContin, Methadone, & Duragesic Patches all of which I could not function on, even when it did help a lot with the pain. I was ready to give up (literally) until I found Oxycontin. As I said to a new friend who has been miss-informed by the media about Oxycontin, "I take it in order to function, I don't take it so that I can't function, (get high).
I told my doctor before I found Oxycontin, "I don't want to die, but I don't want to live like this."

Plus I've tried all the non-opioids, Lyrica, SSRI's, non-SSRI's, muscle relaxers, Utram, etc. Heck I've been a f-ing experiment for years.

Lord only knows if I can find anything else that I tolerate that my doctor would be willing to use. And to tell you the truth I'm not looking forward to taking them considering the bad reactions I had from previous medications.

Some say we are over-treating pain. Take a look at Europe if you want an eye opener about the lie in that. Try reading Wikipedia about Oxycontin to see how other countries treat pain and enforce pain laws.

Thanks to all who abused and created the war on drugs my narrow life is now more narrowed and leaves me isolated, (alone) and in pain. Heck, I miss talking to someone at the check counter at the pharmacy store just to feel what it's like to be social. People are not meant to be isolated. But that's what happens when pain's left under-treated.
This is a Purdue board. Do you really think anyone cares about your pain? It's all about Howard C Greene and the bottom line. If they could sell you sugar pills for the prices they charge for OxyContin, do you think they would hesitate for a minute? Even if you were diabetic?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

Old 12-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

Which is it? Have you "been a f-ing experiment for years" or have you "been stable on Oxycontin 40mg x 3 @ day for over 6 years". You're obviously making up one of those tales if the other one is true. Or are you making both up, and by doing so making things more difficult for sick people who have a legitimate need for pain medicine?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is a Purdue board. Do you really think anyone cares about your pain? It's all about Howard C Greene and the bottom line. If they could sell you sugar pills for the prices they charge for OxyContin, do you think they would hesitate for a minute? Even if you were diabetic?
No-one cares about my pain at Purdue? Maybe not in the sense that you mean it, but I would think they would care if they want to make money.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Which is it? Have you "been a f-ing experiment for years" or have you "been stable on Oxycontin 40mg x 3 @ day for over 6 years". You're obviously making up one of those tales if the other one is true. Or are you making both up, and by doing so making things more difficult for sick people who have a legitimate need for pain medicine?
What I was saying is that, during many trials of medicines for chronic pain I felt like I was a guinea pig, ie; being experimented on with taking all these different medicines.

I understand your frustration because I feel the same frustration. I do not want make it harder for people in chronic pain to get their medicine because I AM one of those people who live with chronic pain. And the last thing we need if for people in pain to fight and argue with people in pain! That's why nothing ever changes. If we are ever going to get the treatment we need it is by working together. Numbers have power. You see the word experiment and automatically jump to conclusions. Read every word first, then decide.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
cafepharma newbie

I've tried the microwave/freeze method and you should be really careful doing it this way. If you do it more than a couple days in a row, you're going to end up with a stuffed up nose, sore throat and eventually bronchitis. Reason being is no matter how much you heat/freeze them, the will still "gel" in your nose and completely clog it up. Plus, the "drainage" you get from the new ops will drain down your throat and the gel sticks to your throat, all the while severly irritating your esophagus, throat and thyroid glands. The gel also stays stuck in your nose while the polymers eat away at the inside of your nasal cavity. I got bronchitis twice by using the mirowave/freezing method and now I stick with the "EmergenC dissolve" method. Snorting them like I said, will gel up in your nose and throat and it's absolute hell getting all that stuff out. You're stuck for a week or more trying to blow it out of your nose and cough it up out of your throat and chest. Like I said it gave me bronchitis twice and I ended up completely losing my voice for a few days. I had so much "gel" stuck in my nasal cavity, throat and chest that it made my nose & throat raw and bloody, making it extremely painful to talk, blow my nose and cough up the gel that gets stuck there.
I'm sure many of you that tried this method months ago have already experienced this, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about it, so I just wanted to warn the "newbies" looking for information in regards to the absolute best way to take these new, weaker Oxy OPs. Granted you do get a decent result via the heat/freeze method, but it's impossible to do it this way long term without completely messing up your throat, nose and chest. We all know how much they irritate our stomachs, give us acid indigestion, constipation and everything else, by taking them "as directed". Just think about what it does to your nose, throat and chest when these polymers "gel up" and sit there to rot away (and that IS what they do) your nasal passages and throat.

Please do yourself a favor and try the "EmergenC dissolve" method. I promise you this is the absolute BEST way to take this medication without tearing up your nose and wasting our medication. As previously noted: go to your local drug store, WalMart or most any grocery store and pick up a box of EmergenC - 1000mg Vitamin C - dietary supplement. It comes in a box of 10 or 20 packs and 2-3 different flavors. I personally like "Super Orange", it's the best tasting. Take one pack and dissolve it in about 4oz room temp water, that's about a half cup. (I use an empty water bottle) Cut up your pill with a new sharp razor. Their next to impossible to cut, but I find using a new razor every few pills does the trick easily. Its amazing how quickly these things will make the razor dull, so I usually use 1 razor for every 4 pills or so, before it gets too dull to use. Cut it up into little pieces. It doesn't have to be cut up very fine, just 10-12 little pieces will be fine. Scoop up the pieces and drop into the bottle of dissolved EmergenC. Put the cap on and shake the bottle for a few minutes. Go about your business and every so often (15-30 min) come back and shake the mixture. You'll notice in the beginning the pieces will stick to the sides of the bottle. You'll want to make sure when you drop the pieces in the bottle in the beginning and shake, to make sure all the pieces are floating in the liquid before leaving it to dissolve. As you come back to shake the bottle, the pieces will stick to the sides every so often, but dont worry, they'll evenually dissolve. After about an hour, you'll only see little dissolved whitish/clear pieces floating in the water. If you want to drink it at this time, you'll be fine, Just drink down a little water after you do so, to keep any pieces from sticking in your mouth/throat. But the longer you wait, the more they will dissolve. I always dissolve two in a bottle before going to bed each night, this way by the time I wake up, they'll be completely dissolved and I'll have my meds for the day. When waking up, I drink half of the bottle and around 12-1pm I drink the rest. You'll feel the meds kick in within 15 minutes of so and you'l be feeling great all day. You'll still get the time released action built into the meds, but you'll also get much more relief taking them this way. Of course you can add and substract the amount you dissolve or drink each time, but trust me, I've tried every method online (except IV of course) and this is by the far the best way.

Send me a PM if you have any questions. Good luck everyone and a big FU to Purdue Pharma! The biggest crooks on the planet! I've beat your sticky OPs so go screw yourself. haha!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Anonymous

Lets make sure we get this straight.
1. We did not get the indication for the new formulation to be tamper resistent.
2. It is more difficult to crush for the druggies than old oxy.
3. The new tablet is harder and increases choking.
4. The post-marketing data indicates the new formiulation may cause choking, gaging and the PI recommends pts only take one tablet at a time with water.
5. Patients are not exposed to more or less drug than the old oxy.
6. Time to max concentration is delayed by two hours from the original formulation.
So the peak to get high is now at four hours instead of two hours.
7. PI indicates patients cannot lick the tablet cause it will begin to swell.
8. Patients may be feeling more nausea with the new oxy formulation. due to the peak time delayed to four hours.

No wonder our sales of this new formulation are in the toilet. We will definitely see our market share drop now to the competition. Thanks Purdue for giving us crap to sell. At least we made out like fat rats on the old oxy while most patients either got a Rx to divert it or abuse it.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lets make sure we get this straight.
1. We did not get the indication for the new formulation to be tamper resistent.
2. It is more difficult to crush for the druggies than old oxy.
3. The new tablet is harder and increases choking.
4. The post-marketing data indicates the new formiulation may cause choking, gaging and the PI recommends pts only take one tablet at a time with water.
5. Patients are not exposed to more or less drug than the old oxy.
6. Time to max concentration is delayed by two hours from the original formulation.
So the peak to get high is now at four hours instead of two hours.
7. PI indicates patients cannot lick the tablet cause it will begin to swell.
8. Patients may be feeling more nausea with the new oxy formulation. due to the peak time delayed to four hours.

No wonder our sales of this new formulation are in the toilet. We will definitely see our market share drop now to the competition. Thanks Purdue for giving us crap to sell. At least we made out like fat rats on the old oxy while most patients either got a Rx to divert it or abuse it.
Dude, u nailed it right on. This new formulation is a complete joke. I'm looking right now to get out and go to another company. This damn drug is a loser!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Sales have incresed and the bonus has changed to hit only two Qoms out of three.
Things have never been better at purdue and we expect a big increase in sales from last year.

Obviously you are not a sales person at Purdue
Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sales have incresed and the bonus has changed to hit only two Qoms out of three.
Things have never been better at purdue and we expect a big increase in sales from last year.

sales can not be that great if you only have to hit 2 out of 3 qoms and not 3 out of 3
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Ur dreamn dude, u must still b thinkin about the good ol days we had with the oxy flyn off the shelves. I am certainly not seeing that in my territory. It has been difficult for me tryn to sell this new formulation cause my docs are getting too many pt complaints. Would love to know how u r still managing to be successful.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

2 out of 3 and sales are increasing in the lower QOMS
This is exactly what Purdue expects.

Right in line with what the company wants and sales have never been better for everyone!!!

All time high OxyContin sales next year!
Look at National Trends.

Once again obviously not a purdue person posting on this board!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Right in line with what the company wants and sales have never been better for everyone!!!

Look at National Trends.

Definitely not in my territory. I wish it was though.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

Look at National Trends.

an "ALL TIME HIGH" in Oxycontin sales? Great choice of words
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
an "ALL TIME HIGH" in Oxycontin sales? Great choice of words
Dude, you must still be high on the old oxy cause we aren't going to see all time HIGHS this year. I'm losing market share in my territory and it will only get worse as more physicians continue getting complaints from patients. I'm so sick of hearing doctors and nurses telling me patients are asking to be switched cause the new formulation makes them nauseated or they are gaging when trying to swallow it.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dude, you must still be high on the old oxy cause we aren't going to see all time HIGHS this year. I'm losing market share in my territory and it will only get worse as more physicians continue getting complaints from patients. I'm so sick of hearing doctors and nurses telling me patients are asking to be switched cause the new formulation makes them nauseated or they are gaging when trying to swallow it.

And Doctors and Nurses are so sick of Purdue reps responding to the complaints by telling them that they are biocompatible. That Mantra is turning professionals even more thoroughly against Purdue than the formula change has already done.

P.S. You left out the inconsistency of tablet strength from batch to batch. (actually (probably still) batches from Totowa vs. batches from Wilson).
Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Anonymous

biocompatable no difference whatsoever.

Sales are increasing in my territory...SE region Rep
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Anonymous

The only true comparison that is the same with these 2 meds is they are both made at Purdue and that they are both green. Thats it. They are like night and day differance between the 2. Old oxy took 15 minutes to work and new OP 2hrs to start if you are lucky and it is just minor help. At the end of the day after taking 6 of these my entire insides feel like they are about to explode and all the other meds i take do not take effect for several hours after taking them because the oxy plastic is blocking them. This med went from best ever when taken correctly to worst ever however you take it. Just speaking the truth. Been on them for 6 to 7 years so i could tell the differance from the veryfirst one i took.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Anonymous

Been prescribed Oxycontin since 1999 for chronic pain, have always taken medication as prescribed and have felt that it was somewhat of a miracle that my pain level decreased to the point that I was able to function normally and maintain an executive level position with a major corporation. The new Oxycontin formula is far from effective, it takes a long time to feel any type of relief, and it doesn't last as long as the original version. My guess is that it is about 50% as effective.

When the new medication came out I felt withdrawal symptoms. It is an injustice that the people that truly need this medication are the ones victimized by this situation. It's unfortunate that some people abused the original medication and other drugs, and I can appreciate all the misguided folks clamoring that the manufacturer do something about it, but why should those unfortunates in chronic pain have to suffer because of the deliberate actions of others?

I hope that there is a change in focus and the original medication is produced again, or there is a some legal recourse available to those of us who have been affected by this misguided thinking. I wonder if those who involved with this decision are actual Chronic Pain patients or just people that think they know what pain is all about. Everyone is different.

My Pharmacist has heard the same from many of those he deals with, and my Doctor will prescribe something stronger if I ask, but why should I have to take stronger medication because of the actions of other?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

this new so called oxycontin is a joke if u call and complain to purdue all they want is one of your pills to tell u nothing is wrong with them so that is one less u have they treat everyone like they are drug addicts i would like to know if any of the reps have a clue of what they are going to do about it my tummy feels like it is going to come apart and explode out my belly button i guess it all the sticky stuff built up who knows till people start dieing then i guess they will do something
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The only true comparison that is the same with these 2 meds is they are both made at Purdue and that they are both green. Thats it. They are like night and day differance between the 2. Old oxy took 15 minutes to work and new OP 2hrs to start if you are lucky and it is just minor help. At the end of the day after taking 6 of these my entire insides feel like they are about to explode and all the other meds i take do not take effect for several hours after taking them because the oxy plastic is blocking them. This med went from best ever when taken correctly to worst ever however you take it. Just speaking the truth. Been on them for 6 to 7 years so i could tell the differance from the veryfirst one i took.
Nonsense! They have always been designed to release slowly and not have a noticable effect for two hours after ingestion. The only way to make it take 15 minutes is to intentionally defeat the delayed release mechanism, which is now hard to do.

Once you've had your first dose, the next dose is only supposed to begin by making up for the declining effect of the last dose so as to make for continuous relief (that's why the suffix "contin"). It's people who are trying for a fifteen minute effect who are responsible for the reformulation. And in doing so, they have screwed everyone else (who have always been expecting that "2 hour" gradual replacement of decaying serum levels).
Old 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Anonymous

It's interesting and terrible, that I'm having withdrawal symptoms on the OP 40, which start
about 6 hours after taking as prescribed. This doesn't happen all the time, the previous time was 1 month ago, and in all I've experienced this at least 6 times since the medication was ruined thru redesign. Never had a problem with the original OC 40, which I had been taking since 1999, up until this new version came out and showed up in my pharmacy around October 2010.
My guess is there is inconsistency in the batches that are made and that's why they want samples sent in, I'm sure the manufacturer knows about it, but instead of a recall, they're handling it on a case by case basis.

Makes you feel real safe, doesn't it. WTH Death is a regular contraindication with this med, so do get too excited about it, so what's a little withdrawal compared to that?
'
Old 02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Anonymous

I can not understand nor beleive the absolute disregard for human life that Purdue has shown. They unleashed a posious and toxic drug to the frailest and weakened of our society. The fact Purdue refuses to release the type polymoreused in the new op's tells us they know how serious the side effect's are. I think Purdue is behaving crimally over their extended patent of the new op's.Am sure they had a little fun with renaming their oxycontin op- oxycondone posioning. Three quarter's of the patient's taking the new op's are suffering from toxic side effect's. The flu many of you are feeling..actually it has a name..it's called teflon flu. This is a flu worker's who work in teflon factories get after spraying teflon on object's. After their skin absorb's teflon or they breath in vapor's.they come down with chill's headache..flu like symtom's. Also the FDA issued a warning over propoxyphene..this is a substance in new op's..this can cause severe toxity to heart and those taking 3 ops daily month after month..dear God. How do representives from Purdue sleep at night? The plastic in these pill's are toxic to heart..liver.kidney.intestines What your not hearing in the new's is that many have already died over complication's from oxycodone poision. How many more will needlessly die as a 'side effect'? Purdue i will NEVER buy ANYTHING from you again. Think your going to get away with the criminal element your involved in with passing off these atrocities to the unsupecting public? Think again..
Old 02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Anonymous

Thinking about it....Yep sales are great!

No problems in Florida that I am hearing....
Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Anonymous

The above post is talking above people dieing from this medicine and your response is yeah you are thinking about it, and sales are up. You are cheering about this? What a piece of work you are. I hope you and your company gets what is coming to you. Maybe we can send the company managers your post and seeif they can track your ip addy and find out who you are. But wait its probably a Purdue manager who posted it. Laugh and cheer all you want. Your time is coming soon.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Anonymous

How unfortunate for Purdue that they are going to suffer with their blockbuster med...oh too bad. What they don't know about just yet, is the extent of law suits that are going to hit their desks. As an attorney, I can tell you that all this information has been enlightening and just solidifies an already very strong case against big pharma once again.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Anonymous

It is a good thing that all the oxycontin has been changed and if it were me I would seek an alternative anyway. Either move to a state where medically necessary cannabis legal or find a different treatment.
Purdue pharma reps have been hurt bad from this product, but as badly as the patients who really do need this medication. Market share for Q3 and Q4 of 2010 was the tip of the iceberg...just look at the SE, NW and MW numbers so far for this quarter!!! DON'T TRY TO YANK ANYONE'S CHAIN AND SAY SALES ARE GOING WELL. You know you can't compensate for the loss OP is bringing us all. Well not me anymore! LOL
Only the USA has been supplied with the new form and only the USA's FDA allow the citizens of their country to be the lab rats.
Purdue knew this going in, and the FDA pressed them to come up with a solution. When they got a hold of Remoxy, they had the new patent locked up and a death sentence for those CP who are stuck between a rock and hard place. More reps are leaving the company as law suits are popping up like a hail storm. The ones that are lucky enough to go to a competitor are doing so with a cut in pay, and doing so gladly. No one, and I mean NO ONE wants to be around Purdue when the proverbial stuff hits the fan.

FILE YOUR SUITS NOW before it's a class action and all you get are pebbles.

Your caring rep who refused to go along with "the plan".

Tailor R from OH
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Quote:
It is a good thing that all the oxycontin has been changed and if it were me I would seek an alternative anyway. Either move to a state where medically necessary cannabis legal or find a different treatment.
Purdue pharma reps have been hurt bad from this product, but as badly as the patients who really do need this medication. Market share for Q3 and Q4 of 2010 was the tip of the iceberg...just look at the SE, NW and MW numbers so far for this quarter!!! DON'T TRY TO YANK ANYONE'S CHAIN AND SAY SALES ARE GOING WELL. You know you can't compensate for the loss OP is bringing us all. Well not me anymore! LOL
Only the USA has been supplied with the new form and only the USA's FDA allow the citizens of their country to be the lab rats.
Purdue knew this going in, and the FDA pressed them to come up with a solution. When they got a hold of Remoxy, they had the new patent locked up and a death sentence for those CP who are stuck between a rock and hard place. More reps are leaving the company as law suits are popping up like a hail storm. The ones that are lucky enough to go to a competitor are doing so with a cut in pay, and doing so gladly. No one, and I mean NO ONE wants to be around Purdue when the proverbial stuff hits the fan.

FILE YOUR SUITS NOW before it's a class action and all you get are pebbles.

Your caring rep who refused to go along with "the plan".

Tailor R from OH
Well Tailor said what MOST of us are wanting to say, because we're living it. It's a no brainer and as far as my team's concerned...it looks like the ship is being abandoned. Every day there's another "I'm calling in sick today" and then 2 weeks later there's a resignation.

If it was you or your family member that was hurt by this unethical change in medication, one that's been keeping that person's life worth living or able to live, then maybe you'd really understand.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Anonymous

there is no Tailor R in ohio.

If there was I would fire them

Mo has spoken
Old 03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Anonymous

You would fire someone for speaking the truth MO? I don't think you even work there. They would not hire you just because your name is MO. But anyways as usuall your medicine sux! And I bet I have more agree with me than you. Just count up all your lawsuits and times that by 500000. That's how many agree with me.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Anonymous

there is a Mo and I is he!

Tailor R is made up and the rambling of a drug addict...probably Charlie Sheen in disguise.

Sales are great and Mo is happy...you are sad...now go away and file your stupid lawsuits, your goddesses are waiting Charlie

Mo has spoken!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Ijust think it is funny how you say everyone that complains about the new formula oxycontin. You just go ahead and assume they are drug abusers. I am not going to sit here and argue about it. Purdue and the FDA was wrong when they released this junk on CPPs as lab rats. And they are major issues with it. You will be hit with multible lawsuits and they will be won, And MO will be looking for MO jobs. Purdue thought the last lawsuit was bad. These will triple that and the only thing you will be producing is asprin and your stool softner which works pretty well. And like i said above MO will be looking for MO jobs. McDonalds may hire you MO MO. Dont cry when it happens just go ahead and prepare yourself for it.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nonsense! They have always been designed to release slowly and not have a noticable effect for two hours after ingestion. The only way to make it take 15 minutes is to intentionally defeat the delayed release mechanism, which is now hard to do.

Once you've had your first dose, the next dose is only supposed to begin by making up for the declining effect of the last dose so as to make for continuous relief (that's why the suffix "contin"). It's people who are trying for a fifteen minute effect who are responsible for the reformulation. And in doing so, they have screwed everyone else (who have always been expecting that "2 hour" gradual replacement of decaying serum levels).
Bottom line Mr. Purdue, you are selling poison and attempting to sway support for OPs by paying your employees to inundate forums with false attacks on anyone who has a legitimate complaints or horror stories about how terrible this new OP formula is!

You have these trolls play a type of race card by calling ANYONE and EVERYONE with a complaint on OPs, that they are addicts or abusers of the medication!

You are truly making people who have 100% legitimate complaints and seeking help to be scared to death to tell their story or file a complaint because they might get tagged as a junkie or that they are abusing their meds...

Fact: Purdue forced this down the FDA's throat in order to get a unheard of "bio equivalence" on this NEW matrix medication and here is the kicker which YOU (Purdue) is trying sooooo hard to cover-up;

The new formula Oxycontin OP has no separation legally from the OLD formula OC PATENT!

Purdue was granted one of a kind "sweetheart deal" of having this NEW FORMULA OXYCONTIN (OP) be granted new standing onto their old patent for the original OC!

In other words, Purdue patent on Oxycontin (Oxycodone Extended Release) which was set to EXPIRE last month, will now be extended to their new formula OP Oxycontin and will have all the patent protection rights on this new formula Oxycontin OP for another decade (10+ years!).

No other company can make generic Oxycontin now! This is why they did this. Purdue's golden goose monopoly on all Oxycodone ER was expiring and they were going to be forced to share the market with all the companies already set to make generic Oxycodone ER. No longer would Purdue be able to be the ONLY game in town and rape people in pain for $30 a pill. So they suddenly jumped onto the politically correct "we must stop abuse" band wagon. They used every nefarious means to get this sweetheart deal and fast track it through the FDA/DEA. Fact!

Many companies were set to produce cheap/affordable generic Oxycontin at the beginning of this year (right now) when Purdue's old patent protecting FINALLY expired BUT these companies CAN NO LONGER DO THIS BECAUSE OF PURDUE'S back room sweetheart deal with the powers that be.

Purdue thought that they would be able to control that backlash from the chronic pain patients by inundating the internet with propaganda "how anyone that complains about OP's, must be junkies"... complete B@LLSHIT!

Purdue now realizes that people in massive amounts of pain and are in absolute agony have little to lose and are now causing a backlash against them that was not every guest at by Purdue's top greedy officials.

Sadly, what people are forgetting is that a much much much worse deadly problem is upon them but due to the OP scandel is not being noticed.

The FDA will soon approve Oxcodone mixed with Naltrexone, in a new ER type Oxycontin medication. BE EXTREMELY AFRAID OF EVER TAKING Naltrexone if you are on ANY type of opioid because you could very well die or have a heart attack by taking this mix! Do not let them fool you people. It also causes massive liver issues in many people (Naltrexone)

Never allow yourself to be put in this danger. RESEARCH 7 REJECT ANY AMOUNT OF Naltrexone in pain medication. Look up "antibuse" FOR ALCOHOLICS, same thing.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Anonymous

Why can't other companies make the old oc formula that worked? If Purdue has a 10 year hold on the new formula then what stops another company from just making the formula that worked for us all? Purdue does not own oxycodone. They just own the new formula. Will we see someone making the original oc soon? I am tired of feeling the way i do taking this new op formula but i am also afraid to try something else. I am waiting for something to happen so i can take something that works and dont make me sick and feel like i am dieing like i do on this new op crap.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Quote:
there is no Tailor R in ohio.

If there was I would fire them

Mo has spoken
MO MO IS A DO DO.
DO YOU REALLY THINK "TAILOR R FROM OHIO" WOULD POST HIS REAL NAME?
HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH, AND GOD BLESS HIM/HER FOR IT.
PURDUE IS DIVERSIFYING THEIR PORTFOLIO AND IT'S BEST THEY DO SO BEFORE MORE TAILOR'S START SPILLING THE BEANS.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Anonymous

Cool Re: The new OP Oxycontin is not nearly as effective as previous OC

Quote:
Thinking about it....Yep sales are great!

No problems in Florida that I am hearing....
I live in FL. Hear this: I have had a significant problem. Now I'm back to taking 30mg Roxies. Jack***.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Anonymous

who cares if you take something else....

Sales have never been better in Florida or Atlanta...
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Anonymous

Why not try Exalgo. It is hydromorphone in a once a day tablet. Slow but steady delivery, limited breakthrough (.8 tablets per day in clinicals) and NO drug interactions through the CYP 450 system in the liver. Clean and once a day. The respiratory depression seems to happen when the liver gets overloaded and cannot clear enough drugs out fast enough. From acetaminophen to oxycodone to hydrocodone to crystal meth...about a million drugs go through the CYP450 system. They can battle for metabolism and even effect the rates of how quickly others are metabolized. Other drugs can be metabolized faster or slower than expected. Both can be trouble. A physician wants a predictable level of every drug they use.

BTW, how did Purdue get around putting any pharmacokinetic data in their new P.I.? That is almost as much smoke and mirrors as the ole "bi-phasic" delivery system and the 'logrhythmic' graph. How do you sleep at night?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: