» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales > Solstas Lab Partners
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solstas Lab Partners Anonymous boards for Solstas Lab Partners

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Anonymous

Default Solstas Lab Partners???

Discuss....
Old 12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Whadda ya wanna discuss? Seems like we're gonna get a taste of big company politics and lose the small/cozy company fellowship we've known for so long.

I don't see too many changes right now but I'm sure we'll all be surprised after the first of the year.

I really hope nothing much changes.... except for one wicked witch in HR that everyone in our former company would like to drop a house on.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Anonymous

Unfortunately, I've heard that corporate actually approves of that wicked witch and many of the anti-employee policies she's enacted in her rule.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Unfortunately, I've heard that corporate actually approves of that wicked witch and many of the anti-employee policies she's enacted in her rule.
Although this does seem to be the case, every dog has their day.

It shouldn't take too long for a few of the suits to smell a rat and see right through her. I know of one who doesn't care for her tactics or attitude. Ass kissing only gets you so far.

Never in my life have I worked for a company in which one HR employee had so much power. It will be funny to watch her get put in her place the first time she questions or contradicts someone from corporate.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Anonymous

Liars and theives is what they are. Stealing our money and refusing to give it to us.

I don't even work for the company anymore but for some reason they're holding our esop money and won't give it to us.

The former stockholders are frustrated because the checks have been written but are awaiting some big wig to okay it for them to be sent out.

I'm glad I'm gone from there. DLI was bad enough.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Liars and theives is what they are. Stealing our money and refusing to give it to us.

I don't even work for the company anymore but for some reason they're holding our esop money and won't give it to us.

The former stockholders are frustrated because the checks have been written but are awaiting some big wig to okay it for them to be sent out.

I'm glad I'm gone from there. DLI was bad enough.

What was the time period for payment?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Anonymous

They just had to pay before the end of the month (90 days of closing). The checks were issued Friday 12-17.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
They just had to pay before the end of the month (90 days of closing). The checks were issued Friday 12-17.
Got quiet. Guess those checks must have gone out. So much for the conspiracy theory.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Anonymous

I've already gotten mine. I would like for you to find a company that everyone is happy ALL the time. It doesn't exist.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Anonymous

Any word of a marketing campaign to support the rebranding?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Anonymous

I'm pretty excited about what I'm seeing and hearing. Let the fun begin.....
Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Anonymous

...get ready to be sold to quest...Everyone in executive management is a lying snake and just waiting to cash out
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Anonymous

I definitely see it heading in the Quest direction. Culture starting to feel like QD. Company structure is going to be similar to Quest plus Quest is the reference lab. 100% being positioned for sale to Quest.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Anonymous

I believe Solstas will be sold to a national lab within two years. Interesting to hear CC stand up at the recent meetings and mentioned how many times Spectrum went through Due Diligence the past couple years when he and Nathaniel ALWAYS swore Spectrum wasn't for sale. Lying liars and the lies they tell.....
Old 03-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Quote:
I believe Solstas will be sold to a national lab within two years. Interesting to hear CC stand up at the recent meetings and mentioned how many times Spectrum went through Due Diligence the past couple years when he and Nathaniel ALWAYS swore Spectrum wasn't for sale. Lying liars and the lies they tell.....
I hope Quest buys Solstas. As a Lab Rep, we can hardly compete with Solstas. Better service, billing, managed care, quicker connectivity, butterfly needles, below cost pricing and phlebo's hanging on trees. We are licking our Chops waiting ! Quest will really screw this one up ! They are idiots !
Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Quote:
I hope Quest buys Solstas. As a Lab Rep, we can hardly compete with Solstas. Better service, billing, managed care, quicker connectivity, butterfly needles, below cost pricing and phlebo's hanging on trees. We are licking our Chops waiting ! Quest will really screw this one up ! They are idiots !
you must be an idiot!!!! If they purchase, LC wont stand a chance in their own backyard anymore....have you completely lost it? dont worry, you won't have to wait for quest to screw it up. hanbury and his ass lickers are so stupid it will fall apart on its own.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Although this does seem to be the case, every dog has their day.

It shouldn't take too long for a few of the suits to smell a rat and see right through her. I know of one who doesn't care for her tactics or attitude. Ass kissing only gets you so far.

Never in my life have I worked for a company in which one HR employee had so much power. It will be funny to watch her get put in her place the first time she questions or contradicts someone from corporate.
Suits will not stop her... they will pay them like always...
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Anonymous

Solstas is going in the direction of LC and not Quest it's evident by the recent company that has been bought.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Solstas is going in the direction of LC and not Quest it's evident by the recent company that has been bought.
Ok I'll bite, in your opinion what makes you say that we are moving in the direction of LC rather than Quest. Welsh Carson has always sold to Quest in the past so it would be a big change to sell out to LC rather than Quest. Are you talking about the purchase of Select?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Anonymous

I'm not an employee of Solstas or any other lab co. Interested in entering the industry and wanted to know if Solstas has any plans on expanding more in the Florida area?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Anonymous

If you know anything about the company and interworking's of the company, you know all the new people they keep hiring, from billing, to inventory, to the purchase of Select is all former higher ups from LC.
It's going the way of LC. I believe if we arent sold to LC, we are going to become the next LC.
Question- Any truth to the rumours I have been hearing here in the woods of the purchase of AEL?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you know anything about the company and interworking's of the company, you know all the new people they keep hiring, from billing, to inventory, to the purchase of Select is all former higher ups from LC.
It's going the way of LC. I believe if we arent sold to LC, we are going to become the next LC.
Question- Any truth to the rumours I have been hearing here in the woods of the purchase of AEL?
Now that would be interesting news! It would certainly grow the territory that Solstas covers as AEL is in a lot of places where Solstas doesn't have any market share.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Anonymous

You are missing a key point. So many of the former LC people do not fit the LC mold. Perhaps at least part of the reason they are now at Solstas. I know none that are interested in replicating LabCorp or the LabCorp experience.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Anonymous

Solstas doesn't want to be anything like LC. Solstas actually cares about their patients and employees!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Interesting thread...

Spectrum, err.... Solstas is hiring alot of LC people but that is more about the proximity of the two corporate offices than it anything to do with replicating LC. Solstas is definitely setting itself up to be bought by Quest. The leadership has a track record of building up labs and selling to Quest. Quest got left at the alter trying to buy Spectrum when Welsh Carson swooped in. Let us not forget that Quest is the primary reference lab for Solstas as well.

Solstas has similar initiative focuses as Quest: Pain Management, Womens Health and Cardiovascular. Everything points to Solstas wanting to mirror Quest and create enough pain that they need to be removed. Plus, buying Solstas would give Quest a strong foothold in LabCorps backyard of North Carolina.

Solstas just needs to get big enough to put pressure on Quest, mirror itself to Quest so that it'd be a smooth acquisition and integration and continue to be profitable. Quest will buy Solstas within 2-3 years. BOOK IT!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Anonymous

Solstas cares about growing as quickly as possible and that's it!

Quote:
Solstas doesn't want to be anything like LC. Solstas actually cares about their patients and employees!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
haha are you f'ing serious??? They don't care about the employees, they care about their own asses and that is it!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
haha are you f'ing serious??? They don't care about the employees, they care about their own asses and that is it!!
^^^THIS^^^

The one thing this company lacks is leadership. Leadership isn't about making the most money. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the corporate concept and bottom-line mentality that making the almighty dollar is what comes first, but this company takes a big crap on their employees. We are in the health care industry. Think about that for just a minute. Our jobs, at its root (what we're selling ourselves out as), is to help the patients by offering the best service possible. This company's leadership does little more than obliterate the mental health and moral of its employees.

Don't be a corporate mouthpiece. Don't be a f***ing moron. Pull your head out of your a$$ long enough to see what this company is really about. It sure as f**k isn't the well being of the employees or the patients.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
^^^THIS^^^

The one thing this company lacks is leadership. Leadership isn't about making the most money. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the corporate concept and bottom-line mentality that making the almighty dollar is what comes first, but this company takes a big crap on their employees. We are in the health care industry. Think about that for just a minute. Our jobs, at its root (what we're selling ourselves out as), is to help the patients by offering the best service possible. This company's leadership does little more than obliterate the mental health and moral of its employees.

Don't be a corporate mouthpiece. Don't be a f***ing moron. Pull your head out of your a$$ long enough to see what this company is really about. It sure as f**k isn't the well being of the employees or the patients.

Sorry. You feel this way because this is not the organization that I experience. Yes, people are held accountable for meeting goals and that produces ill will at times, but there is total focus on the customer and doing the right thing for employees.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Given the finance of the two companies it would be more likely that AEL would buy Solstas given that they have Sonic behind them. It wouldn't really be AEL buying Solstas any more than it would be Solstas buying AEL. It would be the parent companies making a move. Welsh Carson likes to buy companies because they plan to sell them for a big profit, Sonic is like Quest and LabCorp in that they are one of the few companies that can afford to play with the big boys.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Anonymous

I have an interview with this company in a few days....Any tips?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I have an interview with this company in a few days....Any tips?
For what state?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
For what state?
what position?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
For what state? what position?
NC, Data Analyst
Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
NC, Data Analyst
sorry, I'm not familiar with that area. Hope someone else on this board can help.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

I've NEVER seen a company so sales staff oriented. This company is a laugh and a half. Sales sales sales.

Hello! You're in the business of providing lab results to doctors and patients. How about focusing on that aspect a little more and the people that provide that service rather than drumming up more and more business.

If all the lab rats walk out and start leaving, you'll have no need for a sales staff.

Thank about that for a minute Solstas.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

If SALES doesn't bring in new business and keep existing business by cover the screwups of the "lab rats" then the lab rats wouldn't have specimens to test and results to provide. Jump your froggy @$$ out in the field, make some cold calls and look a customer in eye if you want to know who drives the bus to the party! Freakin' clock-punchers!

Hello! You're in the business of providing a return on investment to the owners of the company. That's why it's called a BUSINESS!

Quote:
I've NEVER seen a company so sales staff oriented. This company is a laugh and a half. Sales sales sales.

Hello! You're in the business of providing lab results to doctors and patients. How about focusing on that aspect a little more and the people that provide that service rather than drumming up more and more business.

If all the lab rats walk out and start leaving, you'll have no need for a sales staff.

Thank about that for a minute Solstas.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If SALES doesn't bring in new business and keep existing business by cover the screwups of the "lab rats" then the lab rats wouldn't have specimens to test and results to provide. Jump your froggy @$$ out in the field, make some cold calls and look a customer in eye if you want to know who drives the bus to the party! Freakin' clock-punchers!

Hello! You're in the business of providing a return on investment to the owners of the company. That's why it's called a BUSINESS!

Interesting one sided takes. It takes all areas producing to make this thing work. One department is no better than nor more important than another. This is a team.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Quote:

Think much of yourself huh?

ROFLMAO!!!

It must be nice to think you sit on the right hand side of the throne next to God?

I guess the sound of the chopping block must be getting closer and closer for you.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Quote:
^^^THIS^^^

amen to this one. The top 4 leaders care nothing but filling their coffers. They are ignorant about good testing, liars, and only want to get out as fast as they can before someone figures out they are wreckless arrogant bastards. FU Solstas, and may your leaders burn in hell.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Anonymous

more like the devil than god....
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

I am currently employed by one of the large companies mentioned in previous posts & am considering a position with solstas. Opinions?? Suggestions??
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Anonymous

This is a company on the move in a very positive way. You will read the nay sayers on this board, that under they cloak of an anonymous post, spew venom. However, rapid growth and acquisitions always shake up the status quo. Under performers, many with long term service, are not able to make the mental shift to an organization that values the customer, the employees, and performance. When these people leave (or are left) it can create ripples in the organization. From my perspective valuing employees and setting expectations are not mutually exclusive. Holding people accountable creates some bitching and groaning, but does not mean this is not a good place to work.

I would sign on in a minute.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am currently employed by one of the large companies mentioned in previous posts & am considering a position with solstas. Opinions?? Suggestions??
Well that all depends on what type of job you have now and what type of position you are interested in with Solstas. I still believe that Welsh Carson will sell Solstas just as they try to do with EVERY other company that they buy. You never want to burn bridges in this industry because you never know who you may wind up working for one day. Just remember that a company will NEVER tell you the real problems you will have when they are trying to hire you. Its only after you come on board that the dirty secrets start to appear. Things you make take for granted with one company may seem impossible or like pulling teeth with another. Then again changing companies is the easiest way to get a sizeable pay raise.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Solstas is doing everything it can to makes itself in the image of the "large companies". Rapid growth through acquisitions, centralizing testing, structure, etc. all mirror both QD and LCA. That also brings the unfortunate downsides as well - leadership not focused on organic growth and providing the resources needed, lost specimen rates through the ceiling, reps making less $$, service reps with huge books of business that are challenging to manage. I've been with the company (Spectrum side) for 6 years and have seen a lot of changes during that time. Customer support is at an all time low and we are losing customers like never before. Ask yourself this question "how much focus and resources does it take for the company leaders to research, due diligence, acquire and integrate a lab?". They have 5 of those going on right now in different stages. Every department is affected and don't let anyone tell you differently - think about it for yourself and apply common reasoning.

All things considered its a decent company that has the resources it needs. Depending on the job and location you are looking at could make a huge difference as well because the company looks different in different areas due to the acquisitions, mergers and overlap of companies involved with those.

100% convinced that Solstas is being built, structured and positioned to be purchased by a larger company. I believe Quest will buy Solstas within 24 months. Don't know where you are looking to leave but don't burn bridges - leave on good terms and honor your non-compete - you may end up being acquired by that company.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Anonymous

Drinking the kool-aid...

Or, selling the dream...

Quote:
This is a company on the move in a very positive way. You will read the nay sayers on this board, that under they cloak of an anonymous post, spew venom. However, rapid growth and acquisitions always shake up the status quo. Under performers, many with long term service, are not able to make the mental shift to an organization that values the customer, the employees, and performance. When these people leave (or are left) it can create ripples in the organization. From my perspective valuing employees and setting expectations are not mutually exclusive. Holding people accountable creates some bitching and groaning, but does not mean this is not a good place to work.

I would sign on in a minute.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
NC, Data Analyst
IT hahahah good luck!!!! I wouldn't waste your time
Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Anonymous

Since when does Data Analyst = IT?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Solstas Lab Partners???

Quote:
Since when does Data Analyst = IT?
if you go here, you'll be looking for another job in 1-3 years....and Data analyst is part of IT with this company. If you are smart, stay away.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Anonymous

Why bother answering posts when you don't know what you're talking about. You're likely a Spectrum reject who couldn't handle the big leagues and got your butt booted. Check out their job board to see that most of their analyst jobs are in finance and billing.

Quote:
if you go here, you'll be looking for another job in 1-3 years....and Data analyst is part of IT with this company. If you are smart, stay away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: