» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Novartis
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Novartis Anonymous board for Novartis.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Anonymous

Default A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Give thanks if you are safe. You will potentially have conf calls on Monday after thanksgiving to go over changes in the sales force. You will find out during your stay home "calls" by the end of the week for your new assignment and potential new manager. Selling in the field the following week, conf calls with your new teams and home study for overlapping products to follow. This allows time for "displaced" reps to back fill open positions and have everyone trained on new products and in place by national meetings. By this time your year end rating will already be completed in the system by your previous manager for the "new" manager to sign off on.

Can be 30-40% reductions across the board in each OU. Hardest hit can be re, cvm and Gen meds managers.

There will be larger territories and portfolio selling. Criteria has already been set and determined. Last years ratings, geography, tenure and awards all have a role to play. Chronic care teams report to 1 portfolio manager. Neuro/psych combined and will overlap on products as well.

God bless us all!!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Give thanks if you are safe. You will potentially have conf calls on Monday after thanksgiving to go over changes in the sales force. You will find out during your stay home "calls" by the end of the week for your new assignment and potential new manager. Selling in the field the following week, conf calls with your new teams and home study for overlapping products to follow. This allows time for "displaced" reps to back fill open positions and have everyone trained on new products and in place by national meetings. By this time your year end rating will already be completed in the system by your previous manager for the "new" manager to sign off on.

Can be 30-40% reductions across the board in each OU. Hardest hit can be re, cvm and Gen meds managers.

There will be larger territories and portfolio selling. Criteria has already been set and determined. Last years ratings, geography, tenure and awards all have a role to play. Chronic care teams report to 1 portfolio manager. Neuro/psych combined and will overlap on products as well.

God bless us all!!
Sounds like you are confident that this is accurate... What or who's your source?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Anonymous

Are you saying REE will be hit harder than CV? Not sure how that can be but anything is poosible. Just hope they get some of these managers out?
How many reps do u think each manager will have?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

God bless us all!!
Sounds like a plan to me. How much sense does it make for Novartis to transport 6,000 people to either Vegas or NOLA for an entire week? What takes an entire week? But then, when has Novartis done anything lately that makes sense? Who knows!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

God bless us all!!
Well, this sounds about right. The time frame is what everyone has been speculating. Two more weeks till we find out I guess.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Are you saying REE will be hit harder than CV? Not sure how that can be but anything is poosible. Just hope they get some of these managers out?
How many reps do u think each manager will have?
It's still unclear as to how it will look but managers will def be responsible for cv and re products. They may stay with two territories and have all the cv and re reps in those areas. It looks like managers will be moved and/or offered rep positions in vacant territories. This has been done before in other companies and will most likely happen here. Be prepared there will be alot of shake ups
Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Anonymous

This has never happened before(managers taking open territories) and I tend to doubt it will start now.
Novartis wouldn't save much money paying managers their same salary as a rep....Won't happen!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Anonymous

You're close. REE and CV will be evaluated jointly. We're grouping the pod as a whole and cherry picking who we want to keep. There will be cases of CV reps being let go and REE reps taking the vacant CV spot and vise versa. Time frame still not set. Still might get pushed back to the week of Dec 6th thru 10th. "God bless us all"? Really?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You're close. REE and CV will be evaluated jointly. We're grouping the pod as a whole and cherry picking who we want to keep. There will be cases of CV reps being let go and REE reps taking the vacant CV spot and vise versa. Time frame still not set. Still might get pushed back to the week of Dec 6th thru 10th. "God bless us all"? Really?
Don't know if this is definitely the case. Heard it will be a bloodbath. My thoughts are they are going to want Reclast reps who are experienced because this is a drug that has a bigger learning curve and the company cant afford to lose any time especially with Prolia out there.
Also lots of relationships with Drs and LTC on EXP which are very important.
You never know what they will do.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Anonymous

we are all hearing bloodbath! But does anyone know when? They should tell us something.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

God bless us all!!
Any additional news on Neuro/Psych??
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Any additional news on Neuro/Psych??
prob less managers, overlapping products with neuro and larger territories
Old 11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This has never happened before(managers taking open territories) and I tend to doubt it will start now.
Novartis wouldn't save much money paying managers their same salary as a rep....Won't happen!
You have not been around very long have you? This has happened several times in my area over the last 15 years. Managers can interview for any open spot. It is up to the hiring manager to decide if the ex-manager would be a good fit as a rep. It is a tough sell but I have seen it happen.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Anonymous

I have seen it happen once or twice but never during a reduction
May happen in certain areas more than others
Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
displaced FLMs will be offered rep positions, displaced MDs FLM positions. They get a downgraded salary to match the degradation of a demotion in role. This HAS happened before at Novartis, in the field and in HQ. Sad thing is most associates accept the downgrade rather than taking severance because they know how awful prospects are for a jobless person with pharma experience
Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
we are all hearing bloodbath! But does anyone know when? They should tell us something.
They will when you need to know, which is soon enough
Old 11-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sounds like you are confident that this is accurate... What or who's your source?
My source is your mamma - she gets loose lips when my shaft is up her pooper!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
displaced FLMs will be offered rep positions, displaced MDs FLM positions. They get a downgraded salary to match the degradation of a demotion in role. This HAS happened before at Novartis, in the field and in HQ. Sad thing is most associates accept the downgrade rather than taking severance because they know how awful prospects are for a jobless person with pharma experience
Won't happen its a given. The managers will be gone. Cheaper for Novartis since they will not downgrade the salary
Old 11-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Anonymous

Will Oncology and Hematology be involved?? We are very important, if it wern't for me, my doctor's staff would go hungry!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Anonymous

Get ready!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

God bless us all!!
I have heard similar rumors - but the number I heard is 1600 nationally minus 400-500 current vacancies. So who knows? 30-40% is more like 2000+. Only way to find out is to wait which sucks.

About time I got a real job anyways. Hope the package is good so I can rest up, land something good and make some extra money for a couple months.

The only problem I have is that my brain is so atrophied from this pointless, stupid game of a job. Execution, intelligence and effort have absolutely no correlation to results. So many fucking jackwads at 340% to plan. At least they don't put "vacant" in the President's Award rankings anymore.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I have heard similar rumors - but the number I heard is 1600 nationally minus 400-500 current vacancies. So who knows? 30-40% is more like 2000+. Only way to find out is to wait which sucks.

About time I got a real job anyways. Hope the package is good so I can rest up, land something good and make some extra money for a couple months.

The only problem I have is that my brain is so atrophied from this pointless, stupid game of a job. Execution, intelligence and effort have absolutely no correlation to results. So many fucking jackwads at 340% to plan. At least they don't put "vacant" in the President's Award rankings anymore.
The fact that you used the word atrophied shows me that your still in good shape you will find something else. But I agree time to find something else. I just wish I keep the job to figure that out. As the OP said next week we will find out that layoffs or a reorg is coming the week after thanksgiving. The announcement was already made to shareholders and we are set and ready to go. Let's see how this shakes down
Old 11-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Anonymous

Bump since this is accurate

Also, send CVs out aggressively now.
Once you are terminated, potential hiring managers will realize that you are part of the 1/3 let go-basically you are tainted goods since everyone in the industry relies heavily on past 1-2 yrs of performance (ratings) to determine who stays and who goes.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Anonymous

The announcement has been made publicly and we will hear very soon. Hope you all enjoy thanksgiving and start making plans for alternate arrangements in case you are affected. No one deserves this but these are the times we live in. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3735145]The announcement has been made publicly and we will hear very soon. Hope you all enjoy thanksgiving and start making plans for alternate arrangements in case you are affected. No one deserves this but these are the times we live in. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE

I would love to hear something definite.
Yes Joe J made his speech to inveators but has anything come out today more definite?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Anonymous

No definite announcements have been made but alll we can do is read between the lines. It's what we have all be speculating before the presentation to shareholders were made. Nothing definite yet.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Anonymous

this is the sequel to the movie the day after tomorrow... the week after thanksgiving... either way destruction occurred in both haha.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Anonymous

Bump
because the truth deserves to be up top
good luck
Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Bump
because the truth deserves to be up top
good luck
What does that mean? U just posting so the thread is at the top? The OP sounds about right.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Anonymous

As thanksgiving vastly approaches enjoy your holiday and time off and try not to stress with what may or may not come. But let's face it. We have all been hearing we will find out after thanksgiving so we will see. Some of the points made in this thread sound logical.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Anonymous

We will be asked to stay home for the phone calls after thanksgiving. Same way they have done it in the past. Most of the cuts will come from CV and REE. Managers will be affected much more this round than last. CV and REE will be combined and go from 5 reps to 3 per territory. Territories will get larger and managers will have 4 territories with 12-15 reps. It will be portfolio selling. You will carry CV and REE products. Nuero will officially be combined with psych. Some products will overlap and those managers will have two Full districts. Territories will get larger as well. Most cuts in that division will be in smaller pockets of the country. Not many layoffs for reps. Managers will be affected more. There will be more reps moved to different territories than layoffs. Expect 1 psych rep and 1 neuro rep in each area. You will have home study after thanksgiving then certifications at national meetings in December and Jan
Old 11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Yes, the week of Dec 6 all the RD's go to Jersey to find out. Later the same week, the managers will find out and cascade down by phone. Similar to CCI. Business rules similar to CCI also. If you received a "1" in the last 3 years, you go first. The "3" in this years calibration will be protected and the final tie break will be average rating over 3 years. Most territories will go to 4 reps, all portfolio. Managers will have ~12 reps apiece. You will have 3 weeks to study new products at the end of each day around 2 or 3 pm leave the field. By the January National Sales Meeting, all test will have been taken and meet with new districts.

It's going to be awesome. We will either get severence or more job security.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes, the week of Dec 6 all the RD's go to Jersey to find out. Later the same week, the managers will find out and cascade down by phone. Similar to CCI. Business rules similar to CCI also. If you received a "1" in the last 3 years, you go first. The "3" in this years calibration will be protected and the final tie break will be average rating over 3 years. Most territories will go to 4 reps, all portfolio. Managers will have ~12 reps apiece. You will have 3 weeks to study new products at the end of each day around 2 or 3 pm leave the field. By the January National Sales Meeting, all test will have been taken and meet with new districts.

Hmm guess or a source? I would think it would be earlier for neuro/psych since they have their national meeting in mid December. It may be earlier than dec 6th for them or all of gen meds as well.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Anonymous

I agree. I think Dec 6th is cutting it close. It sounds fairly logical other than the date.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Not sure if this is accurate. Calibrations have been done but there are some that are still not finalized.
The main discrepency is that if reps find out later in the week of the 6th that woud make it around the 10th.
There are many reps that will be taking off for the holidays sometime that next week. Not enough time to study and do all the necessary work or even fill vacant postions
Sounds a bit sketchy to me
Old 11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Anonymous

Ok, what't the source of all this fairly specific information.....

If some of you are just speculating, tell us. If the information is hard, please honestly say that. Names not needed, all we want is something like - "I am a CV manager and a good friend of mine in East Hanover doing a rotation told me that he was privy to the following information......" Otherwise anything seen here is just speculation.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
We will be asked to stay home for the phone calls after thanksgiving. Same way they have done it in the past. Most of the cuts will come from CV and REE. Managers will be affected much more this round than last. CV and REE will be combined and go from 5 reps to 3 per territory. Territories will get larger and managers will have 4 territories with 12-15 reps. It will be portfolio selling. You will carry CV and REE products. Nuero will officially be combined with psych. Some products will overlap and those managers will have two Full districts. Territories will get larger as well. Most cuts in that division will be in smaller pockets of the country. Not many layoffs for reps. Managers will be affected more. There will be more reps moved to different territories than layoffs. Expect 1 psych rep and 1 neuro rep in each area. You will have home study after thanksgiving then certifications at national meetings in December and Jan
This was the exact post on another thread. HMMMMM
Old 11-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This was the exact post on another thread. HMMMMM
Sounds to me that it may be pretty accurate then. Sounds logical to me. But what do
I know? I come here for info, I have no sources ha. It does make sense. Possibly this source could be legit.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Anonymous

Will it be THE week after thanksgiving or A week as in any week? Ahhh caught on to you didn't I?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

God bless us all!!
December 3rd we will find out. The week after thanksgiving. You will see
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Anonymous

BLAH BLAH BLAH! Every year same gossip!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH! Every year same gossip!
You will see. FYI it's not every year. Just so happens it was last year with psych and two years before that with CCI. The writing is on the wall. The week after thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Anonymous

@ least for neuro - psych. keep in mind nat meeting is dec 13 for that div so unless nvs is sending every rep to that meeting (dont think so) an announcement has to be made on dec 3 or sooner. we all shall c.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
@ least for neuro - psych. keep in mind nat meeting is dec 13 for that div so unless nvs is sending every rep to that meeting (dont think so) an announcement has to be made on dec 3 or sooner. we all shall c.
I agree. Def sometime the week of dec 3rd. They have no choice if they expect ppl to have to make travel arrangements for mid December. My money is on that week for neuro-psych. Possibly later for other divisions
Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No chance FLM's have a say in this, as one I have heard nothing and during CCI I heard nothing until the day of. Your are all full of B.S. There will be changes, they will be big but as far as details no one knows. Everyone saying they do above even the Directors they do not know.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No chance FLM's have a say in this, as one I have heard nothing and during CCI I heard nothing until the day of. Your are all full of B.S. There will be changes, they will be big but as far as details no one knows. Everyone saying they do above even the Directors they do not know.
Some people know and others don't. Week of December 3rd
Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I agree! If not a phony, then a very very new manager, high on kool -aid. Only a green mgr. would think they wield that much clout.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Anonymous

Nervous Re: A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

You are all crazy... We are all getting raises, and a 10K Christmas bonus. Our managers are being told to value us and our opinions and to make up for the Prius ordeal we all get BMW 700 series. Oh, almost forgot, we are bringing back the good old days were we could take customers (doctors) to games.

Good news or what?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Anonymous

Red face Re: A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Just curious what the thought is regarding entire pods that received 1's on performance? Don't see how it is possible to fire an entire pod especially since pods go from the top in rankings and then to the bottom due to goaling.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

I hate to say it but it looks like changes are coming down the week of December 3rd. Just heard from a few people with reliable sources all saying they heard the same date. Time to shop on the bravo website!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: