» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Abbott
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abbott Anonymous board for Abbott Laboratories

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Anonymous

Default When does Niaspan go generic?

Does anyone have this information ? I would appreciate it, no nonsense please.....
Old 11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Anonymous

Post Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

First patent looks to expire 2013 so I guess that would be on the original uncoated version?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Anonymous

Crying Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

Who cares..nobody can tolerate the shit anyway!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

It doesn't need to go generic..You can make this without FDA regulation.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Anonymous

#2 is correct. #4 is wrong. The delivery system (extended release) is patented.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
It doesn't need to go generic..You can make this without FDA regulation.
You are a chowderhead. A company can not make this product "without FDA regulation". There are a lot of things you can make "without FDA regulation": War, hot cocoa, hay while the sun shines, love, a move, but neither Niaspan nor a generic for it, can be made "without FDA regulation", assuming you want to sell in in the US of A.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Anonymous

Party Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

I think what he's saying is that Niacin is a supplement! Niacin and Slow Niacin are both available OTC but they're still controlled by the FDA! Anyone that wants to make an extended release formaulation of Niacin can do so but they'll still have to go through the FDA and there's not the $ there to make it happen! Tons of slow release delivery systems available to any drug that will work that way! Extra side effects with Niaspan that also deter a new competitor! Again who cares?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I think what he's saying is that Niacin is a supplement! Niacin and Slow Niacin are both available OTC but they're still controlled by the FDA! Anyone that wants to make an extended release formaulation of Niacin can do so but they'll still have to go through the FDA and there's not the $ there to make it happen! Tons of slow release delivery systems available to any drug that will work that way! Extra side effects with Niaspan that also deter a new competitor! Again who cares?
Let me give you a little hint to help you out: The period key "." is located in the bottom right hand corner of your key board. That key is your friend. Please learn to use it.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You might want to brush up on your Niacin backgrounder for the year or so you have left to promote it. Niacin preparations are dietary supplements not OTC drugs. They are NOT regulated by the FDA and there is not regulation as to what is in them or what delivery system they have. Now, I am sure the older formulations of Niaspan (IR and SR) are available and are regulated by the FDA but who would use those anyway. Question: when a dr. shows up as writing Niacin on polaris, what is that referring to? The older forms of Niaspan? Nobody seems to know the answer to this one.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Anonymous

Perhaps the future of niacin is in the supplement form. Why should the FDA regulate the same products that are available as a dietary supplement???
Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Perhaps the future of niacin is in the supplement form. Why should the FDA regulate the same products that are available as a dietary supplement???
Niaspan's patent expires in September 2013. Not much time left. Not much to hope for. Generic atorvastatin may hurt because it'll further chip away at therapeutic intensification. Docs will delay use thinking the CETP inhibitor knights are going to soon come riding to the rescue (unlikely soon). Merck will run resistance to this approach until their own niacin comes along (if it makes it) then they'll switch in an instant from pitching worthless zetia to crooning about niacin like they were always fans (NOT!). Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Abbott will do whatever it can to get in its own way (unwittingly) and suppress niacin. Sigh
Old 11-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Niaspan's patent expires in September 2013. Not much time left. Not much to hope for. Generic atorvastatin may hurt because it'll further chip away at therapeutic intensification. Docs will delay use thinking the CETP inhibitor knights are going to soon come riding to the rescue (unlikely soon). Merck will run resistance to this approach until their own niacin comes along (if it makes it) then they'll switch in an instant from pitching worthless zetia to crooning about niacin like they were always fans (NOT!). Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Abbott will do whatever it can to get in its own way (unwittingly) and suppress niacin. Sigh
Guess Abbott will take over Amarin with AMR101 soon (see http://investor.amarincorp.com/releases.cfm).

Don't worry!!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You might want to brush up on your Niacin backgrounder for the year or so you have left to promote it. Niacin preparations are dietary supplements not OTC drugs. They are NOT regulated by the FDA and there is not regulation as to what is in them or what delivery system they have. Now, I am sure the older formulations of Niaspan (IR and SR) are available and are regulated by the FDA but who would use those anyway. Question: when a dr. shows up as writing Niacin on polaris, what is that referring to? The older forms of Niaspan? Nobody seems to know the answer to this one.
What shows up in the "niacin" category is probably Niacor....the only Rx Immediate Release crystalline niacin which many old school niacin believers feel is the gold standard and it requires an Rx.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
First patent looks to expire 2013 so I guess that would be on the original uncoated version?
Patents of note expire 2011 & 2013....not important because Kos made a "greenmail" agreement with Barr (now Teva) to allow authorized generics in 2011.
Only 6-9 months left.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

Quote:
Patents of note expire 2011 & 2013....not important because Kos made a "greenmail" agreement with Barr (now Teva) to allow authorized generics in 2011.
Only 6-9 months left.
Yep, the bottom is gonna fall out. No new indications in the offing either that could hope to get us out patent expiry's starting in 2011.

Abbott has shown its incompetence in its inability to exploit a product which Kossies tossed in our laps and could've taken off but didn't.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

Quote:
I can tolerate it and do. I never get flushes and have no side affects AT ALL...on the other hand I have tried 3 different statins and had major side affects with all of them. I'm grateful for this solution, but the cost is ridiculous! So I am hoping a generic will be available soon. Will watch for it in 2013 as some of the posters have indicated.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Last 4 CETP failed. Doubt next two will get into heavy rotation without outcomes trial.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Anonymous

34 years ago!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

Quote:
Yep, the bottom is gonna fall out. No new indications in the offing either that could hope to get us out patent expiry's starting in 2011.

Abbott has shown its incompetence in its inability to exploit a product which Kossies tossed in our laps and could've taken off but didn't.
So is a generic available now, 2012, or is it 2013? or 2011?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The real problem is the lack of outcomes data for raising HDL, and Abbott's latest spin for Niaspan is to ditch talking about non-HDL and talk up N's efficacy in HDL and TGs. Do you see a pattern here? Our dyslipidemia products are in free fall, the company keeps trying to revive them with the latest "expectation", and reps are lost as to how to promote the portfolio. When your monthly sales goals decline through the year, it's a pretty good sign the end is near for Cardiovascular Care.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Anonymous

If you have a good and caring Primary Care Physician, they can supply you with samples. I leave with a shopping bag each time I go in and saves me tons of money. Don't ever hesitate to ask your doctor for samples.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you have a good and caring Primary Care Physician, they can supply you with samples. I leave with a shopping bag each time I go in and saves me tons of money. Don't ever hesitate to ask your doctor for samples.
Or go to the pharmacy or online and order Enduracin.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Take an 81 mg aspirin when you take it. It makes a big difference. I take 2000 mg and an aspirin at bedtime and I have no problem with flushing or itching.

Keep silent if you have nothing positive to contribute or question to ask.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
date above is correct. another nail in the coffin.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OMG what a great Niaspan rep you have been. What a pussy too. I've been on it for 12 years. Don't you know how to teach your docs that the more exposure your body has to the drug you down regulate the mechanism that causes flushing? I flush maybe once every 2 months and it's usually mild. I have sold the crap out of this drug.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OMG what a great Niaspan rep you have been. What a pussy too. I've been on it for 12 years. Don't you know how to teach your docs that the more exposure your body has to the drug you down regulate the mechanism that causes flushing? I flush maybe once every 2 months and it's usually mild. I have sold the crap out of this drug.
i have been taking it for several years. i take 3 500 msg. 3 times a week and 2 500 msg. 4 days a week..the dr. prescribed 1500 a day but i am trying to stretch what i have till they go generic.. i don't think it would make much difference...
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Because, dear reader, dietary supplements must state that the FDA has not evaluated them, and they are not intended to treat any illness or condition. In today's legal environment, any physician who recommends using a dietary supplement to treat a dianosed medical condition is flirting with disaster. Without FDA investigation, there is no guarantee of the safety, potency, purity, or efficacy of any agent.

There, now, isn't that better?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
CTEP inhibitors are a joke. First Pfizer, and now Roche's agent have bitten the dust. Merck is still betting HPS-THRIVE 2 will prove nicotinic acid has outcomes benefit, and they just recently announced results should be available in 2013.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

Quote:
If it's such a great med, what's all that crap doing in it?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
That EXACTLY how I sell Niaspan. I tell docs that if patients are still flushing 12 years after initiation, they should probably discontinue.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Anonymous

Niaspan saves lives
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Anonymous

Not after tonight"s national news!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM
edd jean

hey how about the two studies that show there is no benefit to take naispan??
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Anonymous

Hey, how about the fact that you can't even spell Niaspan??
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hey, how about the fact that you can't even spell Niaspan??
well i can't spell it, but i have been taking it for a long time.
i just wondered if you educated? folks had any opinion on the studies of it.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Anonymous

Only an idiot would come to this forum for medical information or opinion of any kind.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Only an idiot would come to this forum for medical information or opinion of any kind.
well whats the site for?
from the idiot.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
well whats the site for?
from the idiot.
It is a site for drug sales reps to talk about who scams their employer the best, who is sleeping with who, and who has the biggest Johnson or rack.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Does anyone have this information ? I would appreciate it, no nonsense please.....
Jan 2013
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Jan 2013
some sites say september 2013, but i guess the abbot rep. would know for sure.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
some sites say september 2013, but i guess the abbot rep. would know for sure.
Solvay rep here, but I know
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Anonymous

Wink Re: When does Niaspan go generic?

September 2013... but then again, there's always a legal play to delay or a jump the gun non-patent infringing process discovery that puts a generic on the market early and is upheld by the courts. The official date however IS September 2013.

And my Johnson is 10.5 inches when hard.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

I've been taking Niaspan for over 5 years with occasional "flushing" remedied by taking a 81 mg aspirin 30 minutes before and if I do have flushing, the doctor suggested I take another aspirin which I have and it works. Being an employee of Abbott has it's advantages when buying which costs me nothing.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Anonymous

i have been taking niaspan for several years and hardly ever have any flushing. if i eat any thing with much fat in the evening then i do pay for it at night.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
CTEP inhibitors are a joke. First Pfizer, and now Roche's agent have bitten the dust. Merck is still betting HPS-THRIVE 2 will prove nicotinic acid has outcomes benefit, and they just recently announced results should be available in 2013.
Merck's bet just changed to a fold. HPS 2-THRIVE bombed a la AIM-HIGH, and Merck advised that docs in Europe stop RXing the drug. We'll get some type of direction from the Company on how to spin the results, but seeing that Niaspan fell 12% after AIM-HIGH, we can expect another plummet when word gets around.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Niaspan saves lives
Hahahahahahaha!! Stop it man, you're killing me!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Considering the recent clinical data on Niaspan, it would appear the drug IS crap.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't think it matters much anymore.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
We're ALL idiots for being on this forum.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me give you a little hint to help you out: The period key "." is located in the bottom right hand corner of your key board. That key is your friend. Please learn to use it.
I knew a girl who said a period is NOT her friend. Unless she's late.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: