for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Biomet Orthopedics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biomet Orthopedics Anonymous board for Biomet Orthopedics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Anonymous

Default Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Rumors swirling...Also rumors that Synthes could be the merger candidate...
Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Thanks....another rumor about a rumor!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Anonymous

Nothing so far:

http://www.timesuniononline.com/main...rticleID=51888
Old 12-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Anonymous

Forget it. Biomet's owners have enough on their hands keeping up the payments on all the money they borrowed to fund the Biomet acquisition in the first place.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Anonymous

Back in play?
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70D1AA20110114
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Anonymous

Nope, S&N denies any merger/acqu talks with anyone.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Anonymous

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/smi...-14?siteid=msn
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Anonymous

i will guarantee that zimmer will purchase s and n, remember where you seen it first.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Anonymous

Biomet is not buying anyone. Look at how much money they lost last year. This company is a joke...maybe some fool will buy them....if Blackstone is lucky...

Bad management at Warsaw....needs to change...house needs cleaned out. Starting with 90% of the VPS....
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Anonymous

Can I have Arcos now? How about delivering on the R&D budget we saw last summer?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Anonymous

Nope, no Arcos for you. The R&D budget is being hoarded to buff the EBITDA number, just like all the other spending.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Anonymous

Figures. Hey BIOMET, thanks for being 5+ years behind the market as usual. How about you stop trying to hang on to Magnum and Oxford sales and bring us the Van360 and Arcos. You send me an email about how our numbers are down and you want to blame me? How about some of that progress we were promised.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Anonymous

Why don't you just leave then? Oh wait...your equity deal is too sweet to leave. Distributors in ortho have way too much power and the management in the companies just let it happen. Wait until the business is forced to go direct and watch your kingdom crumble like Rome.

Projects have hiccups and sometimes there are reasons why stuff is delayed that you almighty distributors don't or can't understand.

Since this thread is about a merger with SNN, I would love to see Biomet "merge" with them to watch the distributors on both sides scurrying like the roaches they are to keep their jobs.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
i will guarantee that zimmer will purchase s and n, remember where you seen it first.
Nice grammar.
That would be a clear violation of anti-trust laws.
You are an idiot!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why don't you just leave then? Oh wait...your equity deal is too sweet to leave. Distributors in ortho have way too much power and the management in the companies just let it happen. Wait until the business is forced to go direct and watch your kingdom crumble like Rome.

Projects have hiccups and sometimes there are reasons why stuff is delayed that you almighty distributors don't or can't understand.

Since this thread is about a merger with SNN, I would love to see Biomet "merge" with them to watch the distributors on both sides scurrying like the roaches they are to keep their jobs.
The "reasons", could have easily been avoided. 1) don't let your project manager of the new system quit, 2) make all pieces in house- don't trust many unproven chinese vendors.

I don't think any distributors would be scurrying. I think some will cash out and retire with a nice big check.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The "reasons", could have easily been avoided. 1) don't let your project manager of the new system quit, 2) make all pieces in house- don't trust many unproven chinese vendors.

I don't think any distributors would be scurrying. I think some will cash out and retire with a nice big check.
Ouch, but probably true on both points. I would think a merger would clean house both in Memphis and Warsaw. The field would remain the same with the cream being kept and the smaller players sent packing. S&N is mostly direct, I would think that it would be easier to transition their direct sales force to distributor based than vice versa.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Anonymous

no doubt. I think the idea of going direct could be easily handled thru a "merger". would be interesting to see how the sales management structure would change. but it has to. costs have to be controlled better. if jnj buys snn, Biomet will be scrambling to figure out how to compete with this new pricing bohemeth.

and on the arcos, how the hell do you let someone so involved walk away as the product was about to launch? do you think he knew something we didn't? he could be a pain in the rear sometimes, but he was a good guy.

it's going to be interesting times. anyone think aaos is the venue a merger of snn and whomever buys them is announced?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Anonymous

this will be hilarious. two truly great loser companies of the orthopedic world becoming one single large loser corporation!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
this will be hilarious. two truly great loser companies of the orthopedic world becoming one single large loser corporation!
you must have lived in a whole for the past 10 yrs... hate to say it but SNN & biomet are ranked 4 and 5 in the ortho world, that's not too shabby... are they perfect? no but they're doing something right. and if there were to be a merger you should be worried if you work for the big 3
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
you must have lived in a whole for the past 10 yrs... hate to say it but SNN & biomet are ranked 4 and 5 in the ortho world, that's not too shabby... are they perfect? no but they're doing something right. and if there were to be a merger you should be worried if you work for the big 3
Funny how you are so proud of being no. 4 and 5, this complacent attitude has kept you from being no. 1
Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Funny how you are so proud of being no. 4 and 5, this complacent attitude has kept you from being no. 1
No dipshit, mergers and acquisition has kept us from being number 1. Open your orthopedic history book: J&J=J&J, Joint medical, and Depuy, Zimmer= Zimmer and Intermedics, Stryker= Howmedica & Osteonics. Biomet is the only organically grown orthopedic company left. This is something to be proud of, but not in seeing the coming storm of shrinking margins. You were probably still in junior high when most of the m&a went down.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
No dipshit, mergers and acquisition has kept us from being number 1. Open your orthopedic history book: J&J=J&J, Joint medical, and Depuy, Zimmer= Zimmer and Intermedics, Stryker= Howmedica & Osteonics. Biomet is the only organically grown orthopedic company left. This is something to be proud of, but not in seeing the coming storm of shrinking margins. You were probably still in junior high when most of the m&a went down.
Ok gramps. Seriously, what's kept Biomet from being #1 is it's lousy sales representation, being behind on product innovation, and shitty management.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ok gramps. Seriously, what's kept Biomet from being #1 is it's lousy sales representation, being behind on product innovation, and shitty management.
I'm 36, just accomplished. I agree with you on being last to market and poor management with high turnover. The good thing about being last to market though is that our shit doesn't get recalled. Representation is a local focus. We are the only company that has never been M&A'd.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm 36, just accomplished. I agree with you on being last to market and poor management with high turnover. The good thing about being last to market though is that our shit doesn't get recalled. Representation is a local focus. We are the only company that has never been M&A'd.
That is only half true. YOu've been acquired, just not merged....yet
Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Anonymous

careful there Stroker Ace, it won't be long before you have something recalled once you get up to speed with some new innovative products.

Still pushing that old, shit poly. Claiming Regenerex is better than TM (laughable). Your "new" arcos revision hip stem is a knock-off of the Stryker and Zimmer mod. stem which have been on the market for 10 years. The Vanguard knee isn't looking real promising in the registry data. The oxford 3 uni (why 3 versions if it's sooooo goooood) which none of your new advertisements cite any published data since 2006!!!!!!!! Bio(shit) has zero trauma products, just knockoffs of other peoples shit.

oops, my bad, you still have the indianatome!!!!!

Quote:
Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
careful there Stroker Ace, it won't be long before you have something recalled once you get up to speed with some new innovative products.

Still pushing that old, shit poly. Claiming Regenerex is better than TM (laughable). Your "new" arcos revision hip stem is a knock-off of the Stryker and Zimmer mod. stem which have been on the market for 10 years. The Vanguard knee isn't looking real promising in the registry data. The oxford 3 uni (why 3 versions if it's sooooo goooood) which none of your new advertisements cite any published data since 2006!!!!!!!! Bio(shit) has zero trauma products, just knockoffs of other peoples shit.

oops, my bad, you still have the indianatome!!!!!
Sales is what matters, I am the market leader. Are you really trying to say Zimmer comes up with original technology and doesn't have recalls? The Arcos is a knock off, except it won't fail like the ZMR and has more options than both ZMR and RMS. Old shit poly? We will see when the rest of the industry comes out with antiox poly. Lets put the Vanguard up against the Nex Gen. Oxford is still the market leader and works when put in correctly, as it always has been. As for the fourth phase of the design, it has more to do with refining the instrumentation. Remember- all competitors said it was too technical...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Kirk B is that you? If so the only thing you are accomplished at, is being a dumb-ass.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sales is what matters, I am the market leader. Are you really trying to say Zimmer comes up with original technology and doesn't have recalls? The Arcos is a knock off, except it won't fail like the ZMR and has more options than both ZMR and RMS. Old shit poly? We will see when the rest of the industry comes out with antiox poly. Lets put the Vanguard up against the Nex Gen. Oxford is still the market leader and works when put in correctly, as it always has been. As for the fourth phase of the design, it has more to do with refining the instrumentation. Remember- all competitors said it was too technical...
sucks being 4th or 5th!! biomet and s and n deserve each other. i guess the only way to settle this is to look at UNBIASED registry data, can't argue against that. vitamin e poly that's soaked?? every other company in the industry could have done that but the poly contains inconsistencies throughout with a soak (sales 101). and to say zmr/rms has failures is a joke, look at your own mod. stem failures with the piece of crap system before arcos, that's why you copied stryker and zimmer.

please, please, please don't go there with oxford, vanguard and regenerjunk you can't and you lose any credibility........if you had any to begin with.

being 4th or 5th you should be arguing product with the wright, stelkast, encore etc. girls, not the big boys!!

see you at curves!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Did the nexgen get pulled yet? I just saw a lawyer ad. Does the big boys have bigger pockets?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Anonymous

no but the lawer got sued - i seem to spend a lot of time converting oxford to nexgen - i wonder why?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Anonymous

I wonder if now that J/J-Synthese has started the latest round of mergers if that increases our chances of doing something with SN? Any other suitors? Medtronic?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I wonder if now that J/J-Synthese has started the latest round of mergers if that increases our chances of doing something with SN? Any other suitors? Medtronic?
That would mean Biomet providing some sort of "value" in the proposition. The word on the street, Biomet is utter crap, from people to product, the notion of a merger or acquisition is highly doubtful.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That would mean Biomet providing some sort of "value" in the proposition. The word on the street, Biomet is utter crap, from people to product, the notion of a merger or acquisition is highly doubtful.
You are a troll. Taperloc is crap? never copied? Oxford, if you can't make one, discount it. E1- you don't have yours yet. etc... The only crappy thing we have is not being in any teaching institutions.
PE doesn't buy crap, at least not 13 billion of it...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are a troll. Taperloc is crap? never copied? Oxford, if you can't make one, discount it. E1- you don't have yours yet. etc... The only crappy thing we have is not being in any teaching institutions.
PE doesn't buy crap, at least not 13 billion of it...
And the reason you're not in teaching institutions? Yes, it's crap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: