» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Veterinary Health Sales > Novartis Animal Health
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Novartis Animal Health Anonymous board for Novartis Animal Health

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 438 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Trifexis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Its nice that you can get trifexis online almost anywhere! Track and trace sucks.
Can't catch a diverter until they actually divert. At least Elanco is trying to do something about Internet sales and keep business in clinic. Online sites not really cheaper than clinics, if even at all, for Trifexis.
What is Novartis, Bayer or merial doing about Internet sales? Prices on those products are CHEAP online. How are clinics suppose to compete w/that?

And as for otc, if you're a vet, Would you rather be 'stabbed In the front' (Bayer) or stabbed in the back (Merial) by your business 'partner'? Or have someone trying to help your business (elanco)?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Anonymous

OR a company that bad mouths other companies with dear doctor letters. wow. that's real classy. not just once, but twice. i'd want honesty, thank you very much. not lies.

Quote:
Can't catch a diverter until they actually divert. At least Elanco is trying to do something about Internet sales and keep business in clinic. Online sites not really cheaper than clinics, if even at all, for Trifexis.
What is Novartis, Bayer or merial doing about Internet sales? Prices on those products are CHEAP online. How are clinics suppose to compete w/that?

And as for otc, if you're a vet, Would you rather be 'stabbed In the front' (Bayer) or stabbed in the back (Merial) by your business 'partner'? Or have someone trying to help your business (elanco)?
Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Trifexis has no real market share. If they ever get any, we'll see how good their track and trace really is. As long as you know.....doc....you're going against recommendations from thought leaders.....adulticide + IGR.....Trifexis is just an adultcide....and spinosad has been banned in agriculture in several states due to resistence. Google it.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I wouldn't expect an unbiased opinion out of this site, you just posed your question to the company who has the direct competitive product and is not very happy about Trifexis coming to the market with the same HW protection component and the #1 flea component in the market today. I dont' work for either of these 2 companies, but can tell you that both Novartis & Elanco (trifexis makers) have wonderfull products.

Your best bet is to abide by the recommendations of your veterinarian and if you want a second opinion, get a true educated one from another veterinarian (call your old vet and ask theri opinion even), but this isn't the place for such questions it will just spark another mud slinging debate by the reps.
Gave my perfectly healthy 7 year old lab/pyrenese mix trifexis. She had a horrrible, horrible seizure. Animal hospital tested her for everything else at a cost of $5,360. Trifexis is poison.
Period.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Anonymous

We recently tried Trifexis on our dogs. We gave it to two schnauzers and two mix breeds. The next day both of the schnauzers were extremely ill. One of the schnauzers died that day and the other is recovering. The vet has performed an autopsy and sent tissue samples to be tested. The autopsy showed that she was physically in perfect health. The manufacturer of Trifexis is paying for the autopsy and tissue tests. I just wanted to let people with schnauzers know that they should be extremely careful. It had no ecfecton the the two mix-breeds
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Anonymous

http://www.certifect.com
Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Anonymous

I can't believe that there are humans that stoop to the level of this filth. The
language this rep uses should be kept to himself. If he can't communicate
with people in a respectful way he should not represent anything of anyone's
product. What a chicken to get on the internet and display his filth for even
children to read. Disgraceful!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Anonymous

I just gave my 8.5 month old Borzoi his second dose of Trifexis. Within 20 minutes of giving him the pill he threw it up along with a small amount of food. He did this when he took the first dose a month ago too. I let him eat his throw up the first time immediately after he threw up, as I did not want to re-dose him, not knowing how much could have been absorbed verses how much may not have been absorbed. One would logically assume since this is a combination drug, the chances for adverse reactions could increase as the dose increases(especially in an animal that vomitted it up two times). Given this drug apparently stays active for up to a month, I would not want to increase the dosage of something that could have potentially adverse reactions, as I would have no way of clearing the meds from his system in a time efficient manner should he show other adverse reactions.

Today, as I said upon giving the second dose he did throw up, but he would not eat all of what he threw up. So, I have no clue how much drug got absorbed, but I will not re-dose him, and will wait to see if he stays clear of fleas. He has not had a flea problem since he took the first dose, so it has been extremely effective against fleas.

The concerns I have with Trifexis are this: After he took the drug, his skin would have a distinct smell, and he blew most of his coat, and his hair looks dull. His coat prior to taking this medicine was coming in healthy, shiny and full. He is kept inside with the AC and only goes outside for brief bouts of exercise and to relieve himself. Yes, it is summer and maybe even though the dog is kept indoors, may go through a seasonal shedding, it just seems the shedding of the coat along with the dullness are directly related to his intake of the Trifexis. The other concern is, if the dog keeps throwing up his dosage, the cost would definitely be prohibitive. The first time like I said he immediately ate his throw up, (I know this sounds gross, but given the cost of the meds, I felt it was okay), but today he did not eat it all immediately and thus after about 2 hours I felt I had no choice but to remove it from him in case he would choose to eat it later. He ate most of it, and hopefully he got most of the medicine.

Consider the following:
1)For me to spend $104.00 on a 6 month supply and have him throw it up two times on two different occasions is problematic concerning his health, and the safety of the meds!
2)For me to EVEN have to consider allowing my dog to eat his throw up to get the medicine in him for absorption is utterly ridiculous, even though cost effective!!!
3)Had I not allowed him to eat his vomit, that would have meant I would have spent $104.00 divided by 6, multiplied by 4, as I would have had to re-dose him twice to treat my dog for two months totalling $69.33 which is not cost effective!!!
4) I have lingering concerns about how this medicine is effecting his skin and coat, and given he is a pure bred dog whom I would like to have a nice coat, I wonder if mefeeding him a great diet for his overall health, including his coat, is being negated by this medicine. (My thoughts are I will see if his coat looks better in the winter, but I am somewhat disappointed as I feel the meds have destroyed his healthy coat he once ALREADY had grown in)

Well there you have my experience, and concerns. I found this site today as I was doing a search on negative effects of Trifexis, as I was concerned if anyone else had problems with their dogs coats while on this drug.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

I had the same experience! My vet put my dog on Frontline Plus and Heartgard Plus. Frontline kills fleas and ticks and no vomiting. The Heartgard is very tasty and covers more parasites than Trifexis.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Anonymous

I hope I can keep him on the Trifexis because it is also suppose to keep whip, hook and round worms at bay. When we got our borzoi a few months ago, he did have whip worm oocysts in his stool. Given, we did not catch it until the 2nd week we had him, the eggs could be in our yard, and/or came from our yard. We burned alot of the yard, and replanted grass, but given I have a shady and moist backyard environment, and live in the South I have to be mindful to take preventative measures against him getting reinfected. Trifexis seems like it would be a triple threat on the above listed parasites. Before we gave him Trifexis, he was given panacur, and durvet triple wormer, and to really eliminate worms animals have to practically be dosed every two weeks for 6-8 weeks and then monthly and then biannually. Thus, if the Trifexis CAN do what it says, and my dog can be healthy and LOOK healthy(nice coat), I really would like to stay with the Trifexis. This afternoon, he seems to be fine, and only time will tell if his coat will get fuller again. I do admit, it is a bit ominous giving my pet a drug combination that is relatively new, as it makes me feel like I'm allowing him to be a test subject
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Trifexis

Wow, are Novartis reps required to take creative writing courses? It looks like it. Trifexis must be or is hurting Sentinel to spend so much time on a sad story.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Anonymous

I agree. I wouldn't want my dog to be a test case either. That is why I use Frontline Plus and Heartgard Plus. They are the market leaders.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Anonymous

Zack, you know SM sent Trifexis to you for your pets. Stop being a poster boy for TZ
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Anonymous

Look at the Promeris thread. Alot of these creative writing projects are very similar to what was written about Promeris. My guess is Merial is trolling the boards and doing a negative marketing campaign.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Anonymous

Look, I'm the lady with the borzoi. I'm not associated with any pharmaceutical company even though I've applied with them before. I've been a teacher the past five years, and I have time off given it is summer. I book marked this board when I put up the first post, and came back to see if there were any comments. Given there have been comments, I've just replied honestly and in a forthright manner about our (me and my dog) experiences thus far with Trifexis. I have a dual degree in Biology/Microbiology, so I tend to have a scientific approach to matters as I make observations and mentally note them.

The dog is blowing more of his coat today, but otherwise he is doing well. I just thought I would sure a TRUE LIFE experience. If anyone does not think, I am just a consumer out there with a dog I am trying to take care of, email me at Maresha7@aol.com and I'd be more than happy to send you pictures of my borzoi named Jet, so you can see I am not some rep engaging in a creative writing endeavor to attack my competition.

Just keeping it REAL...and thanks for the comments about Frontline and Heartguard...I've used them both in the past, and both have been good products, but the Frontline I put on "Jet" a couple weeks before starting the Trifexis, wasn't that effective. I live in Pensacola, Florida.

I may opt out of future posts since it appears my sincerity in sharing my experiences is being considered unauthentic by some. Chances are the next time I dose my dog with Trifexis in a month, he will throw it up and again, and I'll have to endure this process again. If his coat still looks like crap in the winter, then I probably will not keep him on the Trifexis, and switch to individual meds. No bias here!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Anonymous

Wow. I can't believe you're making your dog miserable just to prove a point to some looser reps. Would you do that to a child? Get a life.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
GrownUpInTX

Default Re: Flea, Tick, Heartworm Prevention

i only wanted to do a search online to assure best price best med for flea, tick, heartworm battle. instead i get trash talk from who, i have no idea. you all should consider removing the turn blue in the face holding your breath posts. if you are really representatives, give us facts that do not include personal attacks and problems you have not resolved in therapy. thanks, please please, we really need information, not low class garbage.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwant2know View Post
I have a question for any novartis employee who has an honest answer (I know that will be difficult).
I would like to know why the marketing department thought it would be valid, appropriate, and respectable to create a sell sheet which includes charts from two different studies that you didn't complete yourself?
Surely you guys would have first read all pertinent information from each study and realize that the study designs were/are flawed! Neither study holds water in the eyes of educated DVMs, so what made you guys feel that the results would look any better on your brochure?

Try this ... Complete a peer reviewed, double blinded study with 600 fleas on each dog with several different groups of dogs, for a period of 90 days. Examine each dog for fleas every 5 days. Inspect every dog for signs of FAD, alopecia, pruritus, pyoderma, and make some more charts for your brochures.

Could you actually show a better result than Comfortis? My bet as a clinician is NO! Your products don't kill fleas, which allows fleas to eat blood meals all day, every day . . . and all night too. Yuk!

Congratulations to Elanco for getting it right. Trifexis is now the leading product in our clinic, we switched from Comfortis.
If you want me to be honest, I believe every study has flaws regardless of who paid the tab because, I believe it’s up to the perspective of the individual. While you may look at a study and see insignificant data,...others may believe that using data from two separate studies, and from two competitive companies, extremely notable...We also have a study showing that animals on spinosad have fleas that still lay viable eggs... lufenuon does not allow fleas to lay vaible eggs, therefore breaking the life cycle. Which makes me think,... since veterinarians take an oath to practice preventative medicine,...which makes better sense... Prevention? Or treatment? I’ll take a stab and guess that you DO NOT practice preventative medicine.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OR a company that bad mouths other companies with dear doctor letters. wow. that's real classy. not just once, but twice. i'd want honesty, thank you very much. not lies.
The truth hurts. Every word in that Elanco dear dr letter was true. Sure pissed Bayer off. Lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you want me to be honest, I believe every study has flaws regardless of who paid the tab because, I believe it’s up to the perspective of the individual. While you may look at a study and see insignificant data,...others may believe that using data from two separate studies, and from two competitive companies, extremely notable...We also have a study showing that animals on spinosad have fleas that still lay viable eggs... lufenuon does not allow fleas to lay vaible eggs, therefore breaking the life cycle. Which makes me think,... since veterinarians take an oath to practice preventative medicine,...which makes better sense... Prevention? Or treatment? I’ll take a stab and guess that you DO NOT practice preventative medicine.
Read the FDA approved label for spinosad.... Kills adult fleas and prevents infestations. Peer reviewed and published studies show it takes 3 consecutive months of spinosad to get rid of flea infestation if owner do nothing but dose dog and not treat environment.
Most pet owners do not prevent. They wait til they see a 'problem'. We all know preventing is easier than treating infestations. So how long does it take lufenuron to get rid of an infestation? 6 months? You still need an adulticide if use lufenuron.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Read the FDA approved label for spinosad.... Kills adult fleas and prevents infestations. Peer reviewed and published studies show it takes 3 consecutive months of spinosad to get rid of flea infestation if owner do nothing but dose dog and not treat environment.
Most pet owners do not prevent. They wait til they see a 'problem'. We all know preventing is easier than treating infestations. So how long does it take lufenuron to get rid of an infestation? 6 months? You still need an adulticide if use lufenuron.
Wrong. An adulticide alone will not treat a flea infestation...especially somewhere like the southeast. You need and IGR in addition to the adulticide, period. Especiallly since the spinosad decays enough at the end of the month to the degree that fleas can lay eggs before they die.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wrong. An adulticide alone will not treat a flea infestation...especially somewhere like the southeast. You need and IGR in addition to the adulticide, period. Especiallly since the spinosad decays enough at the end of the month to the degree that fleas can lay eggs before they die.
I agree. Sounds like I should use FL plus to achieve both and IGR and the #1 adulticide.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You a stuck in 'old medicine mindset'.
I live in a rural area with trees and wild life: deer, raccoons, possums, coyotes. My dog was on frontline plus monthly for several years. Fall 2008, we got infested by fleas in yard and in house while dog STILL on monthly frontline plus. Dealt with it for about 4 months: used up what frontline plus I had left, treated house and yard multiple times. Didnt get rid of fleas. Went to my vet and he put my dog about comfortis. My dog has been on comfortis monthly for 3 years now. No vomitting. No fleas.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
My dog has been on comfortis monthly for 3 years now. No vomitting. No fleas.
Hold up, 3 years? Nice try, troll
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hold up, 3 years? Nice try, troll
Check your facts on "COMFORTIS". Approval and launch date. It's been taking market share from Merial for more than 3 years. Merial people look silly when they race through these boards posting unintelligent things like "troll", "u mad", "u crazy", "u so nasty..." You should keep your not well thought out comments and materials to the privacy of HQ and the vet clinic. When you don't you create very public and laughable things like the "completekiller.com" for old medicine like Frontline plus right before you launch "new" old medicine like Certifect. So help us "trolls" understand. If Frontline plus is "THE Complete Killer", then what is Certifect? "THE Complete, and we really mean it this time, Killer" ??
Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Check your facts on "COMFORTIS". Approval and launch date. It's been taking market share from Merial for more than 3 years. Merial people look silly when they race through these boards posting unintelligent things like "troll", "u mad", "u crazy", "u so nasty..." You should keep your not well thought out comments and materials to the privacy of HQ and the vet clinic. When you don't you create very public and laughable things like the "completekiller.com" for old medicine like Frontline plus right before you launch "new" old medicine like Certifect. So help us "trolls" understand. If Frontline plus is "THE Complete Killer", then what is Certifect? "THE Complete, and we really mean it this time, Killer" ??
Ha, yes! I love, LOVE, how this “old medicine” gets under your skin so easily! It really is too easy sometimes with some of you idiots.

And as far as “old medicine” goes, boy, isn’t this the pot calling the kettle black! Geez, how long has spinosad been around? And don’t even get me started on it being banned in some areas because of resistance issues. Nice.

Hey, got a tip for you, Elanco. Since your products do absolutely nothing for ticks, you should probably run a promo where you give away free tick collars with Comfartis and Trifuxis. Oh wait, you’re already doing this? Classic! I mean, tick collars, really? Talk about old medicine! And on top of that, you have to get them from another company! Weak.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dear Elanco and Merial, stay off our board! This is the Sergeant's board, not your public forum!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dear Elanco and Merial, stay off our board! This is the Sergeant's board, not your public forum!
Thanks! Merial will go back to our Costco, Target, PetMeds, KMart blue light special, R&D one new product per decade board!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks! Merial will go back to our Costco, Target, PetMeds, KMart blue light special, R&D one new product per decade board!
Um, yeah...good one.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Anonymous

I was offered Trifexis as an alternative to topical treatment as my dog swims A LOT (every day, sometimes he's in and out of the water for several hours a day). I was told the topical treatment decreases in efficacy with regular swimming but Trifexis will not decrease as it is internal. Any opinions?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Anonymous

To all the anti comfortis and trifexis bozos.
I have been using comfortis for about 2 years now and have been resolved of any flea problem. Advantage, frontline and all other similar products don't work at all...
You are all haters because you probably work for the other companies that sell shot that don't worth.
Have a good day losers
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Anonymous

Sell shot ? that doesn't work? Comfortis and Trifexis combined wouldn't sell enough in 10 years together to match Frontline Plus. Hell, they wouldn't even match Advantage!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Anonymous

I have two very outside hunting dogs. We were using Frontline and eventually the dogs got a very nasty flea problem. We used shampoos, we used flea collars, we cleaned the house, we switched to Advantix, we tried everything with NO results. Our vet suggested Comfortis. We tried it on the first of the month, and fleas were gone from the dogs the next day! Of course, we still had to wait for the fleas to leave the house! We were still using Heartgard when the vet suggested Trifexis. We tried it and we love it! No fleas still! I will never go back to Advantix, Frontline, powders, soaps, flea collars....EVER AGAIN...THEY SUCK!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Anonymous

I just got home from the vet. My dog had a terrible reaction to trifexis. Hives, extreme thirst, and very agitated. I spent the night trying to find something to give her relief. She spent the night sitting on my lap crying. She took comfortis and interceptor for over a year with not problem, two months ago my vet's office decided I needed to change her flea and heartworm medicine to trifexis. Today they refunded the full price of the trifexis and suggested I contact the company that makes trifexis and tell them of my dog's reaction. As you can see I'm not only telling them I'm telling anyone who will listen. I wonder what kind of a kick-back the vet's offices are getting to push this stuff when a dog is doing fine on their old medicine.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Anonymous

Rolleyes Re: Trifexis

Quote:
I just got home from the vet. My dog had a terrible reaction to trifexis. Hives, extreme thirst, and very agitated. I spent the night trying to find something to give her relief. She spent the night sitting on my lap crying. She took comfortis and interceptor for over a year with not problem, two months ago my vet's office decided I needed to change her flea and heartworm medicine to trifexis. Today they refunded the full price of the trifexis and suggested I contact the company that makes trifexis and tell them of my dog's reaction. As you can see I'm not only telling them I'm telling anyone who will listen. I wonder what kind of a kick-back the vet's offices are getting to push this stuff when a dog is doing fine on their old medicine.
This is complete rubbish, and this weed is easy to pluck. Hey blondie, your vet is either a crackpot or you are. All vets know how to report adverse events, so your little creative writing story about refunding money and wishing you luck with the manufacturer is hogwash. Nice try weasel. By the way, vets take all sorts of kickbacks from all manufacturers, especially from the company blog you are visiting. All expense vacations, kickback rebates, free staff lunches, free staff gifts, and all passed under the nose of IRS. Farm Animals! You all crap where you sleep.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: Trifexis

Quote:
This is complete rubbish, and this weed is easy to pluck. Hey blondie, your vet is either a crackpot or you are. All vets know how to report adverse events, so your little creative writing story about refunding money and wishing you luck with the manufacturer is hogwash. Nice try weasel. By the way, vets take all sorts of kickbacks from all manufacturers, especially from the company blog you are visiting. All expense vacations, kickback rebates, free staff lunches, free staff gifts, and all passed under the nose of IRS. Farm Animals! You all crap where you sleep.
Nicely stated and interesting comment about her hair color. They breed armies of dumb blondes at this garbage dump. Ever wonder where the Girls Gone Wild went once they flamed out from working with cheap porn? Right here, right here. Proof is in the product line. Can you imagine anyone with any common sense trying to tell a story about IGR only products? It's a tooth fairy story with magical spells and lots of Kool Aid guzlin. Too bad they dont know they are the joke of the industry. They create great studies too. If you like reading fiction.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Trifexis

Quote:
You Trifexis reps are just mean! Don't be so mean to me, it hurts my feelings!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks for the flea biology lesson. So, do you think Trifexis is 100% efficacious? It must be if you don't need an IDI. By the way, I hope you know Lufenuron is not an IGR. Also, in case you don't know, Lufenuron is the IDI in Sentinel. Did you do your residency at on line?
Words from a pissy Novartis rep. If lufenuron such a great product, why did program not sell well?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Anonymous

Haha! Yea only about 200 million until sentinel came out. Ask someone older than you and you'll get a history lesson.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

Now that its getting colder and fleas are not as much of a problem we have had about 50% of our clients purchasing 6 packs of interceptor instead of trifexis. We at least are telling them neither company will proably honor the "guarantee" policy that it works since they are going back and forth between products but in these tough times most do not care, they want to save the extra $70 they were going to spend on Trifexis.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Anonymous

My dog started having seizures when he was 1 1/2 the first year was bad. But for the last year he had then rarely. Then I started giving him trifexis in June of this year. He had 3 seizures in July, one in august and september. I gave him his trifexis about 5 days ago. He vomited and had seizures for the last 3 days. Today he had 2 seizures - 1 mild and the other he clenched and drooled for about an hour. Then I see this email blast from my vet for money off trifexis and at the bottom it says "use caution with dogs with a history of seizures' I am so angry that the vet did not tell me this. I am certain that trifexis is the cause. He had vomitted before during a seizure but he has since I started the trifexis. This is a relatively new drug. Please don't use it.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Anonymous

My dog started having seizures when he was 1 1/2 the first year was bad. But for the last year he had then rarely. Then I started giving him trifexis in June of this year. He had 3 seizures in July, one in august and september. I gave him his trifexis about 5 days ago. He vomited and had seizures for the last 3 days. Today he had 2 seizures - 1 mild and the other he clenched and drooled for about an hour. Then I see this email blast from my vet for money off trifexis and at the bottom it says "use caution with dogs with a history of seizures' I am so angry that the vet did not tell me this. I am certain that trifexis is the cause. He had never vomitted before during a seizure but he has since I started the trifexis. This is a relatively new drug. Please don't use it.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Trifexis

Quote:
My dog started having seizures when he was 1 1/2 the first year was bad. But for the last year he had then rarely. Then I started giving him trifexis in June of this year. He had 3 seizures in July, one in august and september. I gave him his trifexis about 5 days ago. He vomited and had seizures for the last 3 days. Today he had 2 seizures - 1 mild and the other he clenched and drooled for about an hour. Then I see this email blast from my vet for money off trifexis and at the bottom it says "use caution with dogs with a history of seizures' I am so angry that the vet did not tell me this. I am certain that trifexis is the cause. He had vomitted before during a seizure but he has since I started the trifexis. This is a relatively new drug. Please don't use it.
Could Trifexis have triggered an increase of seizure activity in your digs w/as you just told us a History of Seizures....sure, as could anything else you feed your dog w/a seizure history. However, there are 2 problems here, both if which are clearly answers by simply looking at the box (...what a concept, read what your giving your dog w/seizure history). 1. It states use in caution for dogs with history of seizures & 2. This isn't in any way a new "drug" it's a combination of 2 drugs with substantial safety data.

Seriously, I can appreciate your concern for other pet owners, but maybe you should start with doing a little homework on your own pet first. I don't believe for a second that Trifexis caused your dog to have seizures out if no where, but then again you already TD use that isn't the case b/c YOUR DOG HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Trifexis

Quote:
Now that its getting colder and fleas are not as much of a problem we have had about 50% of our clients purchasing 6 packs of interceptor instead of trifexis. We at least are telling them neither company will proably honor the "guarantee" policy that it works since they are going back and forth between products but in these tough times most do not care, they want to save the extra $70 they were going to spend on Trifexis.
Well, when its cold outside, people tend to turn on the heater which tends to wake up the flea life cycle inventory deposited within the house carpets, couch, etc. Those poor clients have been lied to, and they will probably find out the hard way. Oops! That was an interesting little sales pitch from unkown cheezy troll rep. They got no schoolin fur sher.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Trifexis

Quote:
Nicely stated and interesting comment about her hair color. They breed armies of dumb blondes at this garbage dump. Ever wonder where the Girls Gone Wild went once they flamed out from working with cheap porn? Right here, right here. Proof is in the product line. Can you imagine anyone with any common sense trying to tell a story about IGR only products? It's a tooth fairy story with magical spells and lots of Kool Aid guzlin. Too bad they dont know they are the joke of the industry. They create great studies too. If you like reading fiction.
Hahahahaha too funny. Luv it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Anonymous

To all who are anticipating using this product, stay away.

I had a beautiful brindle pit bull until yesterday morning. This was the second time we had given him this trifexis and he is now gone, and I feel like I just lost one of my children. He was fine Monday morning 11/14/2011 and he died within 24 hours after being given this product and to say the least I'm Pissed! He was a 2 -1/2 year old 60 lb. beautiful, healthy dog and my baby is now dead, and I want resolve for this.

He never went anywhere but to petsmart for a shampoo and get his nails cut. We have a 12 years old schnauzer and he is fine....but we've never given him this medicine.

If you give this to your dog and he has labored breathing, stop immediately as that's what happened to my baby. The Dr. at Trifexis said it appears he had an allergic reaction to this similar to that of a human with penicillin. Yes he smothered to death....CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CRAP!

We just got the medicine 9 weeks ago and this was only the second tablet given to him out of the 6 month package......and he is gone and I just cannot believe it.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why is Trifexis on 1-800 Pet Meds? I thought this wasn't suposed to happen?
I don't know why it is, but I can tell you, at least where I live (Charlotte, NC), that Trifexis is much more expensive on 1-800-Pet Meds than it is at my vet. They're selling 1 6 month supply for around $25 more than I'm paying at my vet's office.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Anonymous

Right now, my 6-year old Corgi is dying at a nationally-acclaimed veterinary specialists clinic. Her liver is failing, in spite of heroic amounts of drug therapy during the last 72 hours. Neither the vet specialists nor the regular family vet believe there is any correlation between her having been on JUST TWO DOSES of Trifexis, and now her liver is failing.

We adopted her from a No-Kill group when she was 2 years old, knowing she had a light case of heartworms, with their advice to just keep her on heartworm preventative, and see how she did. If needed, we could put her through the heartworm cure, but we didn't have to put her through the extreme treatment immediately. The expectation was that the situation would not get worse, and it might get better. In fact, she's done fine with us for these four years and been a loved family pet. We've had 7 healthy pets over the years, and here she is the one dying of liver failure.

THE ONLY THING WE DID DIFFERENTLY THIS FALL is change her from two separate medicines of heartworm preventative and Comfortis to this one monthly tablet of Trifexis. And, she had only two doses of Trifexis in these last two months.

Maybe Trifexis is not the culprit. Maybe her liver was going to flame out over these two months anyway, but I will never use Trifexis again on any animal in my care.

DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK TO YOUR PET. I suspect that my dog is just one more of the company's guinea pigs to locate the contraindications for the use of their medicine. If the nation's vets do not think it's a problem now, maybe a lot more dogs have to die to get their attention and force the company to take some precautions to warn dog owners that this product may not be suitable for some animals. The vet's techs had no such warnings when advising me that I could switch my dog over to Trifexis and save a few bucks. Two months on Trifexis, and now, after four good years, my dog is dying? I think it is far more than just a coincidence.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Anonymous

I just recently bought Trifexis from our vet and so far our dog has not experienced any negative side effects thank goodness. I bought it because of the $10 rebate that was offered by Elanco and also because our dog, who picks medication out of his food, would only be subjected to one pill instead of two for heartworms and flees.

What I am wondering is if anyone else has had a problem redeeming their $10 rebate. I sent my original mailing with all the required inclusions and was denied the rebate due to "failure to send orignal invoice", which was not true. I then faxed everything I had sent in my original mailing and was denied due to the rebate being received over 60 days after the vet visit. I just called today, was advised that Elanco was having computer problems, to ignore the last memo, and to expect a check in 3-4 weeks. I sense I am getting the run around. It's only $10, but it's just the principal of the situation. Either you're offering a rebate or you're not.

Anyone else had this same problem?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Anonymous

No problem with the rebate at all. Like you I sent everything in and the check was sent in about 2 weeks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: