Supervisor/Manager Question

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What qualifactions are required for these positions besides breathing and having a pulse ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Main qualification = Having no soul.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kiss a whole lot of ass- and be able to take it dry

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

protect your boss...don't let them know how the workers feel about the company..keep him in the dark and feed him the bullshit that he wants to hear...the same bullshit that they are feeding the workers...don't worry about integrity....there ain't none here..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think there are a whole lot of requirements. Hospira recently hired a person in the Southeast who was a victim of the pharmaceutical layoffs. This person barely passed the sales training class and is already known for being the person most likely to be hanging out at the bar.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since were talking about the Southeast, the wiz of oz in Maryland also hired the blond with no smile, (AZ), and what did she do for all of us....lost $$$millions of dollars$$$ of business in Florida to of all competitors, Baxter? In Arizona, it was as though she still gives us the privilege of her presence.
    What were her qualifications?
    What was the wiz thinking about?
    Not sales. Can't wait to see quota's! Good Selling! AZ!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch your back GP....this is how the red-headed step child works. He did it three months ago. He is a goose steppen one shotter.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just like with any other sales position the manager can make your job pleasant or unbearable. There are huge differences in managers across the country. If you have a good manager this is still a good job. The regional directors are also very different across the country and they have a say in it as well. If you are looking at a position at Hospira you need to do your research and find out what the manager is like before you make a decision. They may or may not be a good fit for you. You probably want someone who has come up through the ranks within the company if at all possible.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the jerk we hired from King. No brains, no ethics, a fraud, and a pure "It's all about Me" asshole. I feel sorry for the poor reps who have him as a manager.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am surprised that your company hired a pharma person to work at your company. Don't you sell medical supplies/equipment? Usually medical equipment companies absolutely will not hire pharmaceutical sales people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and we do have two pharma products....but he does not have a clue re: what's going on. Very lazy, very immature.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad thing is that other qualified people applied for this management position and didn't get it. Now they have this guy who is incredibly creepy. I wish they would have made a better more thoughtful choice. He must have really had a good interview because it is obvious that he is not a person who should be working as a manager.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question is: Why did whoever hired this jerk go outside the company???? Don't we have qualified people who EARNED the right to have this job vs. an outsider who is basically worthless from a personal and professional standpoint???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that there just was not interest from anyone on the inside. I do know some internal people interviewed who would have been great. They may have not been able to make the move because they couldn't sell their house or something?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever the reason, settling for the botton of the barrel is wrong. I hear this guy....Randy something, is nothing but an ass-kissing, semi-warm body who is taking the company for a ride. Word is this is just a pit stop before he moves on.....and good riddance. Of course, that opens it up for another outsider. Anyway, the clock is ticking on Precedex and soon it may be over anyway.

I know two of the internal people and they never had a chance. Shame on Hospira.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patent No. Tradename of Approved Product - PRECEDEX / Original Exp. Date - 15-Jul-08 / Extension Approval - 5 years / Extension Expiration Date - 15-Jul-13
    Is that 2 years away?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we are talking about two different people. I don't believe in naming people on this forum. The original discussion was about a DDS manager in the Southeast.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be from Inside Chicago. How would you know how he did in sales training? Wes wants to keep things quite...(have no connections back to Chicago). That way he can minimize his exposure. The outside people are clueless...it's in the Area P plan.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tough shit you don't like naming names...it's about time there was some accountability for the incompetence of our hiring people. Too many backboneLESS people like you in Hospira.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dream on. Precedex will be gone by year's end.