» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Abbott
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abbott Anonymous board for Abbott Laboratories

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Anonymous

Default AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Any truth to Abbott and AstraZeneca merging or Abbott aquiring AZ since Abbott is stronger in terms of pipeline and existing products?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Now that would be one fucked up company!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Now that would be one fucked up company!
Amen! AZ may be the only pharma company with a worse management team than Abbott. The folks who originally worked for Zeneca before the merger with Astra are STILL wondering how a conservative, well-run company like theirs could ever have been dumb enough to agree to a union with Astra. And it's only gotten worse over the past decade.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Anonymous

better chance of merging w Purina.

pipeline? please
Old 03-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

All I can say is: Trilipix....Certriad.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Anonymous

If there were any truth to this rumor, I see Abbott selling off PPD to AZ. After bagging Certriad without a fight, doesn't sound like Abbott is interested in longterm financial commitment to primary care.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Anonymous

Why not merge of buy AZ? Then Abbott would have exclusive rights to Certriad! Oh, yea very attractive investment.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Any truth to Abbott and AstraZeneca merging or Abbott aquiring AZ since Abbott is stronger in terms of pipeline and existing products?
Miles hear, yes its true. Trust me
Old 04-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Anonymous

Not a winning situation for us
Old 04-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Anonymous

I worked for AZ and I can promise you that you will want to run out of there like your butt is on fire!!! There are always jobs open at AZ because the turnover is ridiculous. They have good pay and benefits but the culture and micromanagement is oppressive. Good luck if this rumor is true.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I worked for AZ and I can promise you that you will want to run out of there like your butt is on fire!!! There are always jobs open at AZ because the turnover is ridiculous. They have good pay and benefits but the culture and micromanagement is oppressive. Good luck if this rumor is true.
I worked for Abbott and I can promise you that you will want to run out of there like your butt is on fire!!! There are always jobs open at Abbott because the turnover is ridiculous. They have good pay and benefits but the culture and micromanagement is oppressive. Good luck if this rumor is true.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Anonymous

Hmmm, in that case I now pronounce you man and wife.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Anonymous

Where in the world did you hear that rumor??
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Anonymous

Definitely not a good match
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Anonymous

Abbott has a pipeline?
When did this happen?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Where in the world did you hear that rumor??
At former Solvay units in Europe they discussed the issue already some months ago. Marketing people analysed use of cardiometabolics sales force for marketing Brilique. In addition, influenca vaccine was an issue. Guess it was a kind of due diligence.....
Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If there were any truth to this rumor, I see Abbott selling off PPD to AZ. After bagging Certriad without a fight, doesn't sound like Abbott is interested in longterm financial commitment to primary care.
HUMIRA and the threat by Pfizers oral alternative drugs seems to be the issue. Astra has something comparable. In addition with synagis they are already collaborating and vaccines would also be a fit. Astra has an oncology sales force and Abbott a pipeline.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...583503530.html
Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Quote:
HUMIRA and the threat by Pfizers oral alternative drugs seems to be the issue. Astra has something comparable. In addition with synagis they are already collaborating and vaccines would also be a fit. Astra has an oncology sales force and Abbott a pipeline.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...583503530.html
any news after approval of Brilinta?! could this replace Tricor/Trilipix?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Anonymous

There is only one company more fucked up than Abbott and that is AZ....I pronounce you a company!!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
There is only one company more fucked up than Abbott and that is AZ....I pronounce you a company!!
Amen!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I worked for Abbott and I can promise you that you will want to run out of there like your butt is on fire!!! There are always jobs open at Abbott because the turnover is ridiculous. They have good pay and benefits but the culture and micromanagement is oppressive. Good luck if this rumor is true.
not for nothing...but as a former abbott employee (part of jan. layoff) there are NOT a lot of jobs. I'm in constant communication with the reps that remained....and they complain they want to go to other divisions of abbott (optics, etc) and there are no openings. you will, indeed, see some in primary care though...that is the obvious in any company. whoever is in pc in any company needs to get out!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Anonymous

2 great companies, 1 great merger.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Anonymous

Yeah sounds like a brilliant idea, that would create a pharma super power. Crestor is going to be destroyed when Lipitor goes generic. And Abbott's pipeline is full of opportunity, we have........., oh and dont forget about........,oh man and I almost forgot about.........., But dont worry the 50 jobs that oncology will have in 3 years will save us all.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Anonymous

If you think things are bad here, just talk to your AZ rep! Everyone of them I know, is busting their ass to leave. They are nothing more than box checking zombies. Hmmmm? Kinda sounds like us at Abbott!!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Anonymous

AZ reps would be in HEAVEN to come into Abbott... there is not a worse place in the industry. And besides, all of the guys are real jerks...their HR dept is lame.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Anonymous

good luck w/ brilinta...plavix goes generic within a year.
within 10 months its a wash....
Old 07-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
good luck w/ brilinta...plavix goes generic within a year.
within 10 months its a wash....
Don't think so with the premium price they request it is a luxury drug like Lovaza, you get fishoil in comparable amounts for 20 time less...it is all about briliant marketing.....
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yeah sounds like a brilliant idea, that would create a pharma super power. Crestor is going to be destroyed when Lipitor goes generic. And Abbott's pipeline is full of opportunity, we have........., oh and dont forget about........,oh man and I almost forgot about.........., But dont worry the 50 jobs that oncology will have in 3 years will save us all.
You obviously do not talk with cardiologists. They have been moving steadily to Crestor even during the patent protection time of Lipitor. The study on potential plaque reversal has had a major impact. I don't work for AZ but I do see a top cardiologist in a major market on a personal basis and the whole clinic, about 13 cards, write Crestor with both hands.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You obviously do not talk with cardiologists. They have been moving steadily to Crestor even during the patent protection time of Lipitor. The study on potential plaque reversal has had a major impact. I don't work for AZ but I do see a top cardiologist in a major market on a personal basis and the whole clinic, about 13 cards, write Crestor with both hands.
They may be writing Crestor over name brand Lipitor but their patients will pressure them to write generic Lipitor because the difference between the two drugs is NOT worth the price difference to most patients. The simple fact is that most patients get turned over to their primary care physician anyway and they are the ones that get pressured to write generic.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
True. Cardios=Crestor. BUT Primary care=Lipitor. Which docs have more impact on volume?? Volume=Primary care docs.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you think things are bad here, just talk to your AZ rep! Everyone of them I know, is busting their ass to leave. They are nothing more than box checking zombies. Hmmmm? Kinda sounds like us at Abbott!!
I already belong to one AA group. I don't need to be part of another, which would represent just how shitty my life has been in the past and will be in the future.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I already belong to one AA group. I don't need to be part of another, which would represent just how shitty my life has been in the past and will be in the future.
That's a downer. Maybe you should stay away from the rum and cokes before 10 AM...?
Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Anonymous

There is no pipeline at abbott moron!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
There is no pipeline at abbott moron!
Wrong, Duckface! There is a pipeline at Abbott. Huge one. Just not in PPD. Every other division is loaded.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

It doesn't matter , pipeline or not. It's more like lifeline, Abbott is toast and then down the road that whore AZ will follow. You're all toast, long live the contract sales forces and teleforces!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Anonymous

now NewCo is about, do you think a AZ-ABT merger could be on the cards??
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Amen! AZ may be the only pharma company with a worse management team than Abbott. The folks who originally worked for Zeneca before the merger with Astra are STILL wondering how a conservative, well-run company like theirs could ever have been dumb enough to agree to a union with Astra. And it's only gotten worse over the past decade.
Correction, Novartis
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Quote:
now NewCo is about, do you think a AZ-ABT merger could be on the cards??
At least Astra seems to be forced to move soon....

see http://www.bloomberg.com/video/87696606/
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Anonymous

Thank you CF.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
At least Astra seems to be forced to move soon....

see http://www.bloomberg.com/video/87696606/
wow
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Anonymous

Way to go ABT! Abbott Laboratories earns a ValueCreation™ rating of EXCELLENT, the highest possible mark on our scale. The firm has been generating economic value for shareholders for the past few years, a track record
we view very positively. Return on invested capital (excluding goodwill) has averaged 27.4% during the past three years.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Way to go ABT! Abbott Laboratories earns a ValueCreation™ rating of EXCELLENT, the highest possible mark on our scale. The firm has been generating economic value for shareholders for the past few years, a track record
we view very positively. Return on invested capital (excluding goodwill) has averaged 27.4% during the past three years.
How do you get the smell of ass off of your lips when you're constantly kissing corporate ass? I suppose it doesn't bother you?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Anonymous

Is this for real? We're all excited in AZ!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Anonymous

game over soon
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Anonymous

analysts recommend merger with shire, abbott or amylin according to todays internal daily news
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

Smile Re: AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

No they are merging with Baxter next month. This has been in the planning stages for a long time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: