Eisai selling off Oncology products

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HO employee here. I can confirm that Eisai is selling off several parts of its Oncology portfolio. Ontak, Targretin, Gleadel, Lucedra, all gone. The deal should be approved within the next 4-6 weeks. We are cash strapped and are looking for any way possible to cash in $. You would be amazed at the cost that we are liquadating these drugs for. Targretin is Eisai's most profitable drug. What does this say to our future?????

This place is hopeless. Word within HO is that Halaven is also on the market. Once this deal of Ontak, Targretin, Gleadel, and Lucedra is announced, it will only be a few mos. before the entire oncology portfolio is sold off.

Calling my bluff, wait 6 weeks and re-post when these drugs are sold.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure about this? How can you explain that a move like this stands in contradiction with the grand strategy presented to the analysts and employees in Hayabusa. Didn't that presentation state that Eisai is going to become an oncology company in women's health? How can Eisai be an oncology company if three out of four drugs for sale are oncology? If they also put Halaven on the market then might as well just board it all up and wait for the furniture liquidators to come. This must be somebody playing mindgames with us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the established product portfolio will be sold but Halaven? I doubt it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

iF what is said is true, then who are some potential buyers. In addition, what are the prices for the brands? Otherwise, you are just spreading rumors.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's gliadel and lusedra

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The products you mention make sense because they are and have always been small revenue. What about the bigger ticket items?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Random curiosity: can someone who works closely with and has insights about L C, O B, D T, A K and even some of the Japanese chiefs, please share with us whether any of the above have a sense of embarrassment, shame, self-consciousness or anything resembling remorse for the their failure and role in what is happening? Obviously the employer does not require any accountability but one would expect some sense of self-awareness about one's failure.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is AK?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who could be potential buyers if these products?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Venture capitol? Teva?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orphan Medical would be a logical guess for at least some of them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orphan medical is not in oncology?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole point of a strategic acquisition can be to put you in a new therapeutic area.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um no

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop the presses. Eisai is considering selling products that have exceeded their shelf life??? Smart decision. Now we can focus on our core products and use the cash to make up for the lackluster 23 results.

Folks, Eisai is making money. If u want to go elsewhere, that's your prerogative. I'm going to stick around and see what happens.

Remember, six of our seven biggest products exceeded their target last year. we need people that are committed so if you're not, leave. If you are, stay focused on driving results and I think u will be pleased with the results.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't rule out the fact that there are other pharma companies looking to buy anything they can to stay alive. trust me. anything is possible -- even for a dumb ass company like Azi.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend are GREATLY mistaken. Targretin is Eisai's biggest profit margin by any drug. Ontak and Targretin are still very very viable. Eisai just does not want to participate in the arena that it takes to sell these drugs. ie, selling off of a compendium listing, not indications. These two drugs alone if properly marketed, are enough to sustain any small start-up. Gliadel still profits over $40m and has many pockets of business. The fact is Eisai does not nor wants to learn how to be an effective oncology company. They are selling these off to obtain cash, they need cash flow. So please don't lecture me on your kool-aid.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um yes. What do you think was the whole point of the Ligand deal in the first place?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, right. Try reading an analyst report from one of the banks for a little dose of reality on what people see as the state and future of this company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apples and Oranges dumbass. Eisai had a couple onc compounds in development.