September downsizing

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by EH Mole, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. EH Mole

EH Mole Guest

Not August . HR has just finished up their meetings . Legal is reviewing for possible backlash . Look for it sometime after labor day

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many reps per territory will be kept?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sweet Lord, please grant me a severance package. Amen.

4. EH Mole

EH Mole Guest

Depends on area , volume & profitability. Metro areas might keep 3 other areas could be down to 1 . That's why cross training on products started . Don't be surprised if some products get dumped altogether though there's not much interest in dogs

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell legal not to worry, good severance packages will do it, that's a no brainer.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What will the severance be?

7. EH Mole

EH Mole Guest

severance will be similar but not exact to dec 2010
    they are trimming some costs
    The august thread is bogus from the poster that likes
    to work everyone up . Logistical nightmare to implement
    layoffs during vacation time. No one would return to work
    if they tried something that stupid

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EH mole was correct the last time!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jelli, how much to keep job? Rumor is we come up with an amount and text you with that information.

10. Basel says

Basel says Guest

We will trim this Co to the bare min. within a year or so. Those kept will be the unlucky ones. We have to agree with that.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, please, please, lay me off! I am so tired of working for this bloated, sinking, ship! I want to be forced to find a new career. I have been doing this for more than 15 years and I am tired of being a dumbed down drone!

PS - This job was great in the 1990's! Sucks since!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

August will be when it takes place. HR isn't worried about vacation stupid.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EH Mole - Can you tell us which Business Unit will be downsized in September? Is it Primary Care? Neuroscience? Oncology? Respiratory? Please be more specific. Thanks!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about field medical this time around?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology will be dismantled and it all goes down next week!! over 50% cuts in Oncology!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the number of lay-offs that we have had as well as the upcoming downsizing, why do we keep increasing the number of HR People? If we keep downsizing the sales force ad company wouldn't it make sense to downsize HR too? I have never seen anything like this, we keep downsizing people and increasing the number of HR people...What's up with that?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's because of Velez.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology will not be down sized next week. What will all the losers say that have made this ridiculous statement when nothing happens ? The ones that are making these wild ass guesses will come up with another pos post. Very minimal effect on sales force, mostly different product mix and some manager changes. Let the responses begin but in the end I will be correct and one more time. ITS NOT NEXT WEEK !

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not exactly next week, just damn close to it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring more HR People doesn't do anything to help the gender discrimination here... How come the discrimination continues and we have hired more HR People to comply with Valez?

If we keep downsizing, they should also be downsizing HR...They can still have people in place to comply with Valez..I would think as the field force thins out so should HR! It should be proportional.