» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Eli Lilly
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eli Lilly Anonymous board for Eli Lilly.

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead 2012 Pay Freeze

Let's discuss
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

What if you get a title promotion? I am guessing there will be no title promotions as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

The video seemed to leave promotions out of this "axing," so perhaps those will still be happening, presumably with the corresponding increases in pay...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Isn't it true that Eli Lilly didn't pay any corporate taxes? Just wondering....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Perhaps we can all sign up for the S. Taurel $1 pay increase that translates into $100 million a few years later. I'd love to get the deal that bastard got!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Every employee should get a thousand stock grants NOW. This would motivate most and would not cost the company nearly as much as pay raises.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Every employee should get a thousand stock grants NOW. This would motivate most and would not cost the company nearly as much as pay raises.
Perfectly wonderful idea! Stock grants. And how about free haircuts? And waxings, as long as we are at it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Every employee should get a thousand stock grants NOW. This would motivate most and would not cost the company nearly as much as pay raises.
What will they be worth 7 years from now.... THAT YOU SIDNEY?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Global Shares, anyone? Anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Whats the difference between Lilly GLobal shares and Toilet paper?

Anyone....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Angry Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

I think the only way to look at the pay freeze is as a pay cut. Inflation is >0%
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

I'll take my frozen pay in ice blocks.

That way, I can't spend the money, without letting the frozen pay thaw.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Every employee should get a thousand stock grants NOW. This would motivate most and would not cost the company nearly as much as pay raises.
Strike price, as decreed by the Board of Defectives, $107/share, because SURELY the stock will just rocket above that in the next 18 months, NO?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Sign me up for a Sidney-style pay freeze any day.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

This happened in 2001 but was even worse. Prior to 2001 everybody received Corporate Compensation. It was an extra 10% bonus at the end of the year. everybody got it- from the janitors all the way up to the VPs. Taurel cut thee CC and froze all raises in 2001 and minimal raises in 2002. It was pretty much cutting payroll by 10% across the whole company. He then issued options at over $70 to all of us. By the time the date wast set to exercise the options, the price was well below water. I left many years ago and I have done quite well financially. If I would have stayed, it would have cost me even more money. There is no loyalty gem management at Lilly! If you can make more money someplace else you should consider doing so. Good luck to all of you and remember that the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an approaching freight train.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Lilly are cheap b^stards and the pay freeze just confirms it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This happened in 2001 but was even worse. Prior to 2001 everybody received Corporate Compensation. It was an extra 10% bonus at the end of the year. everybody got it- from the janitors all the way up to the VPs. Taurel cut thee CC and froze all raises in 2001...
No, actually CC stood for CONTINGENT COMPENSATION, ie, it was CONTINGENT upon your having a pulse and occupying space. I should know, I invented it while making Treflan™ intermediates at Tippy!--KingJohnL'Ill
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Whats the difference between Lilly GLobal shares and Toilet paper?

Anyone....

I have it: I can use toilet paper!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Whats the difference between Lilly GLobal shares and Toilet paper?

Anyone....
One is used for personal hygiene, the other the other expands to fill your septic pit.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Lilly are cheap b^stards and the pay freeze just confirms it.
It's probably a choice between pay freeze and a dividend freeze or (heaven forbid) reduction.

In theory, the new approach to determining pay increases already set them up to limit increases for anyone who was at or above the midpoint of their pay scale and didn't receive a better than successful rating. But in reality, probably almost all managers were using their full alloted budget.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Whats the difference between Lilly GLobal shares and Toilet paper?

Anyone....
one is useful.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
It's probably a choice between pay freeze and a dividend freeze or (heaven forbid) reduction.

In theory, the new approach to determining pay increases already set them up to limit increases for anyone who was at or above the midpoint of their pay scale and didn't receive a better than successful rating. But in reality, probably almost all managers were using their full alloted budget.
Just wait until the bonus cut is announced in November. Year X part 2 is here!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Just wait until the bonus cut is announced in November. Year X part 2 is here!
If you like that, wait until you see the details on converting the bonus plan to a "special" stock plan. "Its like money in the bank" will be the tagline. Problem is, its not your money and its not your bank.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

"Based upon unprecedented demand from POP Surveys, your Bonus Plan can be imagined in this fasion: Picture yourself scubadiving in a cesspool with a fondue fork...now, see that choice morsel floating by...SPEAR IT! That is your nonGAAP Fully Amortized Net Contingent Payout, (nGFANCP)..."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Just wait until the bonus cut is announced in November. Year X part 2 is here!
Yes I remember "Year X" well. It was also when they made the decision to kill natural products-based discovery - likely a mistake in retrospect.

Anyway, makes sense they would try the same 1-2 punch again (salary freeze one year, no or reduced bonus the next). Although I more so expected them to double or triple the layoff number (of 5500) and keep the salary raises and bonuses for the 'survivors' this time around. Maybe a little of both will occur considering the severity of the problem this time.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Although I more so expected them to double or triple the layoff number (of 5500) and keep the salary raises and bonuses for the 'survivors' this time around. Maybe a little of both will occur considering the severity of the problem this time.
Keep in mind that those layoffs will get a 1.0 multiplier for their bonus regardless of their performance which will limit the amount others will get.

My SWAG is another 500 rebadged employees mainly in the manufacturing side to be announced by end of August.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes I remember "Year X" well. It was also when they made the decision to kill natural products-based discovery - likely a mistake in retrospect.

Anyway, makes sense they would try the same 1-2 punch again (salary freeze one year, no or reduced bonus the next). Although I more so expected them to double or triple the layoff number (of 5500) and keep the salary raises and bonuses for the 'survivors' this time around. Maybe a little of both will occur considering the severity of the problem this time.
1-2-3 punch actually, when you consider they will totally punt neuroscience r&d, much as they did with the antinfective/natural products areas...insanity does repeat itself.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Instead of a salary freeze, why not cut out peer to peer programs. Has anyone ever done an analysis to see that it is the same customers that attend these programs over and over again. Think about all of the money we could save.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Jester Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Instead of a salary freeze, why not cut out peer to peer programs. Has anyone ever done an analysis to see that it is the same customers that attend these programs over and over again. Think about all of the money we could save.
Talk about saving money...how about they stop sending "Overnight Fed-Ex / UPS" material that can obviously wait the 2 or 3 days it takes in the regular mail? Seriously, do I really need to see the new Cymbalta promo by first thing on Tuesday morning? I wonder what that cost analysis would show? $.44 for a letter in 3 days or $11.50 overnight? Hmmmnnn....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Strike price, as decreed by the Board of Defectives, $107/share, because SURELY the stock will just rocket above that in the next 18 months, NO?
MORON. There is only a strike price with stock options... the poster was talking about stock GRANTS, a horse of a different color. Get on board or get off.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Talk about saving money...how about they stop sending "Overnight Fed-Ex / UPS" material that can obviously wait the 2 or 3 days it takes in the regular mail? Seriously, do I really need to see the new Cymbalta promo by first thing on Tuesday morning? I wonder what that cost analysis would show? $.44 for a letter in 3 days or $11.50 overnight? Hmmmnnn....
I hate to break the news to you, but it would cost MORE to change the system. We hear this complaint a lot. But the vendors that send out this stuff do so with a contract that specifies either FedEx or UPS. Those are what the existing mailing addresses that they are given are for. To try to tie up the list that we send to the vendors, with an non-express mailing would cost a fortune because there is no software program in place to develop that list. The actual cost of the mailings are very small compared to the cost of developing the mailings, and this is actually the most cost effective way to get it done.
I think the field sales force here needs to try to look at things from a 30,000 foot level, not from a 5 or 6 foot perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Here is a cost saving idea. Stop sending Sr. Directors and directors all over the world every 3 days to have a 4hr. meeting in an affiliate office with 5 people. Anyone ever heard of "video conferencing". I use to get up at 3am to attend a 4 hr. video conference at 5am in a VC room with sales training managers from all over the world. Decisions were made right then and there on important issues. Agendas were sent in advance to give people a chance to review what decisions needed to be made. I have 5 Sr. Dir. and Dr. traveling every 4 days for a 2 day trip to another country to meet with a few people for a day, 3 hrs. of that day spent on eating.

Sorry but I DONT GET IT!. Can the affilliate management not make decisions without having a Director from corporate there? Maybe the directors from corporate should relocate to some of the affilaite countries if they need to be there so often.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Here is a cost saving idea. Stop sending Sr. Directors and directors all over the world every 3 days to have a 4hr. meeting in an affiliate office with 5 people. Anyone ever heard of "video conferencing". I use to get up at 3am to attend a 4 hr. video conference at 5am in a VC room with sales training managers from all over the world. Decisions were made right then and there on important issues. Agendas were sent in advance to give people a chance to review what decisions needed to be made. I have 5 Sr. Dir. and Dr. traveling every 4 days for a 2 day trip to another country to meet with a few people for a day, 3 hrs. of that day spent on eating.

Sorry but I DONT GET IT!. Can the affilliate management not make decisions without having a Director from corporate there? Maybe the directors from corporate should relocate to some of the affilaite countries if they need to be there so often.

Any thoughts?
Yeah, I have a thought for you: If you don't like the way that the company is spending money, why don't YOU become a Director and change it, Mr. KnowItAll. You have no concept of how this company is run, or why, from your level. You know NOTHING. So just please shut up and go pack your trunk.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Jester Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

If you are so stupid that you are still working at You Stink Lilly in 2012, you deserve a permanent pay freeze!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If you are so stupid that you are still working at You Stink Lilly in 2012, you deserve a permanent pay freeze!
That is so true!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That is so true!
Wow
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Wow
Considering how GREAT past pay and benefits have been, all long-time veterans should be saying "Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you ...." That's right, everyone pony up 10% of pre-tax income in return for some employee ownership.

Better yet, collect up to 25% of pay and give shares in return, maybe discounted 10-15%. Within a single generation, you will have employee ownership.... and what that happens, all of the toxic posts on this board will magically melt away.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2012 Pay Freeze

Incompetent bosses and senior leaders does not = employee engagement
Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze does not = employee engagement.
Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze + extra spotlights does not = employee engagement.
Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze + extra spotlights + extravagant meetings/carnivals does not = employee engagement.

John, Bryce, Dave, Rob wake up! The problem with employee engagement is about the incompetence of your reports. Eliminating our (the employees struggling to make ends meet/raise families/cover the rising costs of benefits) pay raises while you sit on fat salaries is just icing on the cake. The absurdities you are using to try and "drive employee engagement" are just lipstick on a pig.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.