Poll: How many hours do you actually work?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, most of us will be canned here soon so let's at least be honest. How many hours do you REALLY work. I have been here 12 years and rarely work over 20 hours a week. Usually average 12 hours a week unless my dummy DSM is working with me and I have to put on a dog and pony show. No one in my district works over 25 hours a week and we are a top performing district. As we know the sales reporting is a joke so it really makes no difference how much you work.

So be honest how many hours a week do you work?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MCL PSS here...wow, you're a loser if that is true.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here 14 years I never work more than 15 hours a week. Admit it, this job has become all about call faking and box checking. Easy paycheck for part time gig. Fuck u AZ

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here five years...started out working my ass off and drinking the AZ kool-aid. Now I make 2-3 calls a day and fake the rest. I make sure I get a signature early in the AM and late in the PM once a week and try to always get a signature every day. I'm careful where I buy my gas and always make sure it's near a "call" I'm making. I also leave tons on best practices as well as other "rah rah rah" voicemails. I was exceeds last year and market share always grows despite little effort in a territory w horrible access. Sad to see it go!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't worry...pretty soon many won't be working any hours and the others will be thankful they are working 40.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True enough...can't wait either way. Yay me and my "career".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 hours in the field... and 30 hours at home doing box checking paperwork and scorecard filler stuff.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14-18 hrs a week on avg. I hate AZ. I do everything I can not to help drive sales and sabatogue comapny efforts. can't wait to get out of this 4th rate rate shithole. The SSLT hates the field sales force so I am fucking them over every chance I get.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...people like you are the reason AZ can take 30% and $40% cuts and feel no loss in sales....thank you

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have survived 3 cuts and will survive this one as well dickwad. I have connections and I am a diversity hire. You on the other hand will be on the street while I am still coasting along year after year. deal with it!....thank u

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't ya just love diversity. Gives one a sense of entitlement!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I put in more than most of you CF pukes here at AZ thank you! Just don't tell my parents. They think I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I NEVER work more than 20 hours a week and at least half my calls are fake. Been doing this for years and I am always middle of the pack sales ranking wise. That is the safest place to be. Why work full time? AZ managemnt doesn't give a shit about us and has never really made it a secret. So I don't give a shit about them or our overpriced "me too" products. It's all a scam. It's all a smoke and mirrors game. Just play the game and ride the golden goose as long as possible.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened to character and self respect?? We agreed to do a job and in return get paid for it. Working 20 hours a week when you should be putting in at least 40 shows lack of morals, and a lack of pride in oneself in what you do. If one is not happy with the work in front of them, look for other opportunities. It doesn;t matter what you think of AZ. Take responsibility for yourself, This job is not rocket science but we are responsible to uphold our end of the employment deal. When someone signs on to do a job and suddenly the job has changed, we automatically put the blame on others and resist the job. This self entitlement bullshit is why our country is in the hell it's in today. The above attitude is much like that of a certain wide receiver on an NFL team. He signed a paid agreement to catch the ball and help his team win. When he decides he wants more money than the agreement, he suddenly drops passes in the end zone or wont go over the middle. It's all about me. In the end it doesn't help him or those around him. Just do your job like you are supposed to. If it's too hard, look for another one.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be a prissy fool. I started in pharma more than 20 years ago. At that time we had to enter our daily calls on a sheet. Most days I say 8 to 10 doctors a day but one day I saw only two even though I worked an eight hour day. I almost got fired for being honest. That never happened again with regard to calls per day. I learned to play the game.

I can't tell you how many managers I have had with AZ and the other pharma company I worked for who told us to make the numbers look good. A call could mean many things. Remember Charles Charles? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXE9Cu1iMo0 That is what pharma management and their consultant created. Force ranking, weekly call averages and micro-territories pitted reps against each other and people will do anything to win or just to stay out of the spotlight.

The second lesson I learned besides how to lie about call averages was when you get a micro-territory don't complain about the lack of workload and access. Just shut up, lie about call averages, do the best you can and make sure you get to the gym, take off early to go fishing, and watch your kids grow up because you have the time to be there for them.

I got a CMR, it was worthless. How many weekends did I do projects for managers who were gone in less than 2 years? Just play the game, get paid a great hourly rate, and shut up because the brains in management and the consultants from ZS and PriceWaterhouse have got it all figured out for you. Touchstone is easy to use when fishing, just don't spill beer on the computer!

Many times I was frustrated by how the job was being dumbed down but after a while I quit worrying about it and enjoyed the short days. Working hard is only necessary when it gets you somewhere. Instead, work smart, get the scripts, and go home early. Hard work is worthless if it doesn't get you anywhere.

I worked in Pharma for 24 years, have a nice retirement account, and now laugh at the imbeciles in AZ management, among other companies. They are pretty much all alike, they use the same consultants. The only thing you need to make sure of is that you are well liked and lie effectively. Take the money and run. That's capitalism! Fuck morals.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gabby Johnson: I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter. -- IMDb Quotes: Blazing Saddles (1974)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly...these individuals don't know, understand or care about character, accountability, morals, honesty. No one 'makes' you fake calls, you CHOOSE to do it...so own it. you lie and cheat and steal by accepting a fulltime paycheck for part-time work. That's your issue, however you have helped people like me look really good for actually working and subsequently moving market share....amazing how the two go hand in hand so frequently. You call on more HCPs and market share moves....amazing...that's what they pay us to do. I bet you gripe about your bonus when it comes out too...maybe you can now go find a job where you punch a time clock to get paid for the time you actually work.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you impersonating a minority? Are you implying that minorities are not held to the same standards? Nice try Bob!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm actually averaging about 28--boy, do I feel like an idiot!