HR READ THIS

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never had such a useless manager as the one at Novartis. She never gives me feedback, ever! I have to probe her to try to get SOMETHING out of her as to how I did on calls. Oh, and some offices she just sits in the waiting room or in the car because she has recently been in that office with another rep. I feel like my time with her has not allowed me to grow as a sales rep. Oh, and giving feedback to her about this or in an annual review, well, that just makes me very uncomfortable because she could take it the wrong way...even if some things are anonymous.

This post is in addition to the other thread about bad managers. Was just hoping that HR really does read this. Something really does need to change about management. They are too comfortable and have gotten lazy. Great idea to also have them call on major accounts. They can be in the hot seat for getting sales numbers and hopefully remember how it feels and more able to give sales advice.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I total agree with your post. If management/HR cared they could have 360 reviews on managers to assess the overall skills. But they don't, it's top down management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gwad, at first you made me want to cry. I fell for it - I have to be an idiot to have believed you were actually concerned about what your manager is supposed to be doing for you. Hahaha. Good one.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you:

A) Confronted your manager about how you feel? If you did, and nothing changed....
    B) Called HR to discuss it, and ask for advice?

Why on EARTH would you rely on Cafe Pharma to send a message to your manager or HR? I'm sorry, but this is pretty weak.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP: Ummm, not meaning to get my message to my manager via CP. You're right, that would be completely dumb! Just venting. At this point, why go to HR directly??!! Any way, my manager is not capable of good feedback so why try? I always ask for feedback and STILL get nothing. I think this (giving feedback) is the most difficult thing for a lot of managers to do, yet it is such an integral part of their job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is really pitiful!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always remember, HR will ALWaYS have managements back not yours. Reps are deluded if they ever think HR will ever help them over a manager.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you think your manager cares about you more or the sales your territory delivers?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely true. The menagement comes first and they are given benefit of a doubt even in clear cut cases when the manager is at fault. This is the first thing they "learn" in management "school". You look after your kind, stick together and always and at any cost. It is like they do in mafia where the "family" of made guys sticks together absolutely.
    There are rare cases where the upper wiseguys would consider your complaint early but this is very rare. The no good SOB has to be exposed over and over again till someone in managenment would listen and take action. For this to happen some of the reps who come forward may be gone by the time SOB is acted against.
    I saw a case of Sandoz DM who was as nasty as it can be imagined, complaints were made many times, nothing. It took complete turnover of reps in the district except 4 one till he was cought, promoted into an "exit" position and soon was gone. There was lot of blood spilled till he was out and many good reps sacrificed by the managemet that stuck together as per their manual, for this fucker.
    Remember the manager ain't your friend. You may be their "favorite" as the nasty ones usually have but in general you simply can't trust them or count on their support. In today's toxic environment it is more so. Your best bet is to collect shit on them and company, file it and if and when you need to use it, use it against the fuckers. If the shit is mild use it internally if it is major, go streight to your lawyers and DOJ. You owe them nothing for their comlete lack of loyalty toward anyone but themselves.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This cannot be further from the truth- HR's job? Protect Novartis from lawsuits. Period. If that means helping a rep with a manager issue, that's what they do. Yes the opposite is true too.