Elaine Sorg Leaves Lilly

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She has taken a position at Abbott. Is this a loss for Lilly?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Actually it's long overdue. Maybe this is a sign of more changes to come. Hopefully she didn't create that much damage and we can get some true talent in this critical position. Could Indy be listening to what so many of us have been saying for so long about the lack of talent there?? I'm beginning to feel some optimism with Azar's leadership !!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elaine was A ok. Knew her stuff, so yes, this will be a loss for Eli. Then again, this won't be the only loss for Lilly this year. Being in Primary care sales is not the solid place it once was, or to be stuck long term, or did you think Elaine went to Abbott for the fun of it?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously??? Cymbalta never made plan until she was in the role. She was a great leader and will be missed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? The only reason Cymbalta made plan when ES was there was because of obscene price increases. After all her years at Lilly, you could list Elaine's accomplishments on the back of a postage stamp!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?? We ALL know Brian H did all the real work on that brand team. Good riddens.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Backstabbers! Grow up.

She did what was good for her. GOOD FOR HER!

Now get back to work.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS-He is no longer with the brand team. What does that say about the Cymbalta brand team?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it means that they needed BH's top talent for Amyvid and the Cym brand team is like the Concordia Cruise Ship. Now remind me what happened to that captain?!?! Bye ES!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch!!!!! That hurt but was soo true.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE. Poster is prob some wet behind the ears 27 year-old Harvard MBA. Thinks just because the two headed monster was a complete failure that Cymbalta was always under plan. This drug is the blockbuster it is today, because of insights from the '00, leadership at launch and good NILEX planning around the same time. Cymbalta is her only success, see Xigris & Six Sigma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. He IS everything that is RIGHT at Lilly. Good thing he's saving the Alzheimer franchise. Those folks were clearly going to sail into the rocks over there without his GENIUS. He should probably be JL's replacement next year. Takhomasak can be his COO. Maybe we can find some pre-pubescent gazillionaire's son to buy us with his allowance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is her role at NewCo?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who will be her replacement? Spalding? Schaefer? Mindrum? Moore? Cunningham? Anderson?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I vote Anderson. My god. Schaefer. He was such an A... H when he was w/ the Strattera team. Could you imagine ??? Moore?? I can't stop laughing on that one. This is better that watching the 2012 Grammy's.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully the decision makers will realize that there is an enormous talent void in the marketing group at Lilly and get a talented & proven replacement from another company. May as well not look for talent at Abbott because they must be worse than Lilly. The Lilly marketing Academy? They couldn't train a hampster to run on a wheel!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How true! Rob Brown has a ton of knowledge about marketing theory but has been a failure with respect to building Lilly's marketing capabilities. He really does not understand how physicians make decisions about drug therapy.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ES is just another one of the Lilly smart talkers. No substance and absolutely no record of performance or leadership. This is addition by subtraction.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is so funny about DM? He's got tenure with the brand and understands the customer. Market researchers make great brand leaders, but I do see a different market researcher as the best fit for this one - KPearson. She has neuroscience experience, has proven to be an excellent marketer and is one of the company's best female leaders. Would SM let her go to LBM? Probably would want a LBM talent in exchange, maybe LF could be next Onc MR Leader? Six Sigma is an underutilization of her talent. Lilly would benefit all the way around with these changes. DR/AA and SM/BS need to make this happen.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"best female leaders"?
    Why don't we stop with the affirmative action BS and just go with the best leader whether he or she is male, female, gay, white, black or Asian?
    Lilly spends too much time on preferences and not enough on requirements when identifying people for promotions. This is largely what has undermined the success of the company for the last 15 years.
    Eli Lilly faces dire circumstances. It is time to quit fxxking around.