» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Octapharma
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Octapharma Anonymous board for Octapharma

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grifols USA

Maybe you can help me..I noticed that you have a chat board and that Grifols doesn't. Are they considered your competition? Does anyone know anything about Grifols? How big their sales force is? If they have a marketing dept? Any names of V.P.'s of either sales or marketing...And why is this company (Grifols) so secretive??? Appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Spanish Company, not much going on in the US. Flebogamma is the name of here product. It is a liquid, and not used much in the US. They have a 10% coming out soon, but there side effect profile doubles when you go to there 10% solution.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

They don't have the ever changing upper management unlike Octapharma. Octapharma is on the third VP of sales in less than 2 years. Ouch! Not much stability selling commodities.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

If your not at Grifols how in the hell would you know? Any new company will have growing pains, as far as stability there isn't any in this market right now and that includes Baxter/Bayer etc...... And I would have to say Blood Plasma is a special commodity, gee how dumb are you?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

[ QUOTE ]
Spanish Company, not much going on in the US. Flebogamma is the name of here product. It is a liquid, and not used much in the US. They have a 10% coming out soon, but there side effect profile doubles when you go to there 10% solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK..thanks..Do you have any specifics about the sales force? Number of reps? The name of a V.P.?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

The company is doing well. About 25 reps in the US sell IVIG (fully allocated) and plasma derived hemophilia products. Pretty dinky outfit with weak middle & upper management. They don't really worry the big cos... Baxter, Bayer & CSL, but they have made a nice profit due to move to US market & have purchased plasma centers for future growth. May be a player by 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: Grifols USA

They underpay, over manage & have a socialistic approach to treating employees. Upper management hates americans.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

why dont you start your own board you spanish bastids
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

How do you start a company board on CP?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Maybe you can help me..I noticed that you have a chat board and that Grifols doesn't. Are they considered your competition? Does anyone know anything about Grifols? How big their sales force is? If they have a marketing dept? Any names of V.P.'s of either sales or marketing...And why is this company (Grifols) so secretive??? Appreciate the help.
I interviewed with the manager from the Northeast(MC). This guy was either drunk or mentally disabled. I walked and am glad I did. Now is not the time to sell pasma products & this co is definitely not the place!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I interviewed with the manager from the Northeast(MC). This guy was either drunk or mentally disabled. I walked and am glad I did. Now is not the time to sell pasma products & this co is definitely not the place!
You didn't do too much due diligence on the "time and place", did you?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Rant Re: Grifols USA

we got enough to bitch about here, you go find someplace else to complain
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Jester Re: Grifols USA

Grifols & Octapharma the two biggest bullshit companies in the industry together at last. You losers desreve each other.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

These two companies are like night and day, in no way do they resemble each other.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
These two companies are like night and day, in no way do they resemble each other.
Who are you? One of the foreign bastard owners of Octa? They both suck like your sister.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

so, how many people posted their resumes after the last trip? Last year it was two.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Who are you? One of the foreign bastard owners of Octa? They both suck like your sister.
Well, we know that Octa sucks, frankly I don't know too much about Grifols. They seem to fly under the radar. Wish we would.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Now that only men are in positions of power, the place should straighten itself out and be perfect soon! Women are only bably-making machines anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I interviewed with the manager from the Northeast(MC). This guy was either drunk or mentally disabled. I walked and am glad I did. Now is not the time to sell pasma products & this co is definitely not the place!
Did you get an actual offer? I am trying to get into the Plasma industry - is this position still open? Why do you feel now is not the time to sell plasma?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Grifols just had all there new product lit for Flebogamma DIF pulled by the FDA. This company is a laughing stock.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

THIS company is not GRIFOLS! Please go away
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Asswipe... No wonder your company is going under. Someone was giving you info on your competition and you tell them to go away.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Grifols just had all there new product lit for Flebogamma DIF pulled by the FDA. This company is a laughing stock.
Name me one company who hasn't had literature pulled by the FDA. I heard it was a picture the FDA didn't like, nothing to do with the product. Quit being an alarmist.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

RE: Grifols- The OP didnt seem to be an alarmist ....was just stating FACTS:
The lit was pulled
The company is a laughing stock
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
RE: Grifols- The OP didnt seem to be an alarmist ....was just stating FACTS:
The lit was pulled
The company is a laughing stock
So you think they'll sell less Flebo now that some lit got pulled, will we sell more Octagam because they got some lit pulled? Who gives a crap about lit being pulled because of a picture on a detail piece? Everybody is selling all the IVIG they can make. We've got bigger things to worry about than Grifols. And I still can't figure out why they are a laughing stock?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: Grifols USA

Of course you can't, you work for Octapharma which is also a laughing stock in the industry...and Losers don't recognize other Losers.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

I was looking at interviewing for a job at Octapharma but got a better offer before I had to decide. But I wouldn't have avoided interviewing based on what I have seen on this board. OK, I get it. There are a bunch of you out there that feel that Octapharma has done you wrong. Well life is tough and sometimes s'it happens. What is amazing is how you guys can't just GET OVER IT! Move on, get another job, move into a different career. Get a life for crying out loud. Anyone who has looked at this board already gets it that you guys are unhappy. The saddest thing is that you can't let go and move on. Enough already. You are not helping your cause because you aren't credible anymore. I really wish all of you luck in another career. No company is worth devoting so much time griping about.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: Grifols USA

Thanks for setting us straight. So dynamic, so articulate, I think you really may have changed, no...make that SAVED some lives today,YOU DOUCHEBAG.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I was looking at interviewing for a job at Octapharma but got a better offer before I had to decide. But I wouldn't have avoided interviewing based on what I have seen on this board. OK, I get it. There are a bunch of you out there that feel that Octapharma has done you wrong. Well life is tough and sometimes s'it happens. What is amazing is how you guys can't just GET OVER IT! Move on, get another job, move into a different career. Get a life for crying out loud. Anyone who has looked at this board already gets it that you guys are unhappy. The saddest thing is that you can't let go and move on. Enough already. You are not helping your cause because you aren't credible anymore. I really wish all of you luck in another career. No company is worth devoting so much time griping about.
I would love to hear why you would have considered an interview with Octa? Really, I would. When most of us started, it was a start up and thought it sounded good. We quickly found out it sucked and we made a mistake. You have had time to see that the company is a joke and you "considered" Octa? You must be one sorry ass mofo.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Argue Re: Grifols USA

Now I am convinced - you guys need some SERIOUS therapy. This is like the Al-Quaida of pharma. Anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is the enemy. Pretty pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Now I am convinced - you guys need some SERIOUS therapy. This is like the Al-Quaida of pharma. Anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is the enemy. Pretty pathetic.
shut up already! Here's the breakdown

Octapharma sucks, it's run by incompetent Nazis who know nothing about the U.S. market. All field reps are pissed off and most of us are looking for jobs. We also know that adding more distributors will mean less $$$, not the other way around
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Re: Grifols USA

Getting Paid for Alphanate with vW?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: Grifols USA

Yes, we do get paid for alphanate, but if you think Grifols is a better situation than Octa...probably not by much. The grass is always seems greener. If there was a Grifols board on this site it would be just as negative as yours.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Rolleyes Re: Grifols USA

eventually we will
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
shut up already! Here's the breakdown

Octapharma sucks, it's run by incompetent Nazis who know nothing about the U.S. market. All field reps are pissed off and most of us are looking for jobs. We also know that adding more distributors will mean less $$$, not the other way around
Alot of similarities except we're run by incompetent Spaniards. Middle management is pathetic, but they make us jump thru hoops & do busy work BS to justify our jobs...While they bring nothing to the table.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Hey Grifols, you should contact the CP moderator to get your own board. We don't need our management thinking that we're doing the bitching. We're all happy and have no complaints
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Alot of similarities except we're run by incompetent Spaniards. Middle management is pathetic, but they make us jump thru hoops & do busy work BS to justify our jobs...While they bring nothing to the table.
OUCH!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: Grifols USA

Thoughts on the A8vW launch.....
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: Grifols USA

Their booth at NHF was busy, but they did have Guitar Hero III on a big plasma t.v. Definitely the funnest booth.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Grifols USA

What is the story with the Humate P shortage?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I interviewed with the manager from the Northeast(MC). This guy was either drunk or mentally disabled. I walked and am glad I did. Now is not the time to sell pasma products & this co is definitely not the place!
What is the story with this guy? I talked to him at the Orlando meeting - he seemed kind of aloof (trying to be PC).
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Grifols is a mess! They have four managers for only 22 reps, with three day ride alongs every 5-6 weeks. Two of these managers are total disasters. The reps spend all of their time trying to sell plasma clotting factors to customers who only want to use recombinant. Stay far away!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Grifols is a mess! They have four managers for only 22 reps, with three day ride alongs every 5-6 weeks. Two of these managers are total disasters. The reps spend all of their time trying to sell plasma clotting factors to customers who only want to use recombinant. Stay far away!

Which two managers are you talking about, I was thinking on checking on a position in the south, I don't need a manager like that.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Manager in the south is hands off, but likes to hit the bottle. Northeastern manager is a micromanaging bully who is generally hated within our company. Western manager is the best of the bunch.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Rant Later dudes

go get your own board
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Later dudes

we should just change this to the Grifols website. You guys can't sell against us anyway! And you talk about boring and crazy stuff here. We need this space to gossip. So you go away!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Grifols USA

We are somebody at Grifols now - got our own site on Cafe Pharma.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

For a good laugh, go to the Grifols board!!what a train wreck!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Re: Grifols USA

Plasma industry is interesting, largest product in most of the companies is IVIG, which has been on an allocated basis since June 2004. Most reps are selling specialty subq IVIG or niche market items for reare lung disease. Hemophilia side is alot of patient activities, hand holding. CSL is in the process of purchasing Talecris so alot of plasma reps are going to be looking for a job. Probably not the best time to be looking for plasma job. CSL has 2 positions open- New Orleans and Oregon/Washington. They seem to be the best company to work for at the moment. Good pipeline of new products coming up and the buyout of Talecris is a good fit. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grifols USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Plasma industry is interesting, largest product in most of the companies is IVIG, which has been on an allocated basis since June 2004. Most reps are selling specialty subq IVIG or niche market items for reare lung disease. Hemophilia side is alot of patient activities, hand holding. CSL is in the process of purchasing Talecris so alot of plasma reps are going to be looking for a job. Probably not the best time to be looking for plasma job. CSL has 2 positions open- New Orleans and Oregon/Washington. They seem to be the best company to work for at the moment. Good pipeline of new products coming up and the buyout of Talecris is a good fit. Good luck.
Gracias
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.