» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

device jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > DJ Orthopedics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DJ Orthopedics Anonymous board for DJ Orthopedics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Anonymous

Default cmf ol1000

Where can I find a replacement battery for the CMF OL1000 Bone growth stimulator?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: cmf ol1000

BTW Exogen is the worst!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

you can't. You have to buy another device. BTW, Exogen is the best. Highest efficacy and preferred by most surgeons.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: cmf ol1000

Exogen has limited data - and i have to use that messy gel and ruin my cast to use it??

Give me a break
I'll take simple over my cast 30 minute daily treatments and the same heal rates

Thanks for playing exogen
you LOSE
Old 03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: cmf ol1000

The facts? DonJoy has absolutely no clinical data outside of their company produced paper that shows 60% healing for non-unions. They have NO peer reviewed trial. Incredible that the device was even approved.
The only reason Drs use it is because you pay them- either directly or via the buy and bill payment schemes you set up w the clinic. DOJ investigations are currently looking at this and once it's done so is your stim.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Anonymous

THE FACTS idiot:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

reread that again ok..........

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
Old 03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Anonymous

I can't believe how dumb the DJO reps are. NO STUDIES and glossy brochure on POST MARKET DATA that no other company uses because they don't have to because they have clinical STUDIES on their product. Exogen has 9 LEVEL one studies. The only FDA product with an indication to ACCELERATE healing by up to 40%. Plus lots of Level 2 studies.

DJO put your $ where your mouth is, if your product is so great why did you only do 1 study that was never published in anything!!!! Do another study. One study and it sucked. What a waste of money for patients and insurances.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
THE FACTS idiot:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
I love how the slimy DJ reps claim they have the highest heal rate for certain fractures. They have 60% success, based on one company (and questionable) study. Two patients in the failure group had to undergo amputations! The rep in my area is a complete meathead who gets his business the dirty way, I suppose their regular poster here is probably the same moron.

We know your company trains you on the Emami study, and doesn't show you the 12 or more major trials that show clinical healing. Yes a failed small study of patients having reamed and locked nails, absolute fixation, with acute trauma. The study was stopped early. One theory is that since Exogen creates micro motion ( like weightbearing) at the site, inhibiting that may have inhibited callus formation caused by lipus.

If DJ has any other clinical trials outside of your company-run trial please share with us!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Anonymous

************PAY ATTENTION S&N BONEHEADS*******************

THE FACTS idiot:

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound [EXOGEN] and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

CANT YOU S&N GUYS READ??????
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: cmf ol1000

wow cant you guys at S&N read???

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Anonymous

(I started this thread)
I knew that if I said exogen is bad I would get some attention. So I have the OL1000 and I'm almost out of uses. I can change the 9 volt battery no problem- so my original question was sort of a trick.

What id like are more uses.

I understand that the DJ people would prefer I buy a new one- but if there is some way for me to reprogram it myself, I'd like to know.

Can anyone give a good explanation for why it's effectiveness should decline over time? Does it?

If not, is the cap just to ensure that there is no second hand market?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
wow cant you guys at S&N read???

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
Okay moron, even if that study was gospel (which it isn't) what about the 9 LEVEL studies showing Exogen works. How many does DJ ortho have? Oh yeah ZERO!!!! It's so easy to sell against you. Easy peasy. We sell on science. Show that study all you want on Exogen, especially when you couple it with ZERO studies on your product. It make you guys look so stupid. I love it when you show my docs this study. it ALWAYS backfires on you!!!!! You will never win on studies EVER- you need to do one first.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Anonymous

**********wow cant you guys at S&N read***********

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Anonymous

ok so if EXOGEN 'works'

and 2 studies showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with EXOGEN and those who were not - then what gives??

sounds like a placebo to me too!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Anonymous

Dude- I work for this company and I think I speak for many when I say shut the F UP!
Seriously.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Anonymous

DUDE -- SO SO I

AND EXOGEN IS A F-KING PLACEBO
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Anonymous

me too 'dude'
if the exogen data shows no benefit vs placebo in 2 studies than lets all call it what it is -
a f-cking placebo
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: cmf ol1000

Anybody know where I can get a battery?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Anonymous

RadioShack
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Anonymous

Ortho here. What is unfortunate is that patients keep reviewing these boards after googling the various bone stim technologies. DJ to me seems to have no ethics in terms of what the reps and distributors come in and detail. The truth is that DJ has provided not one single clinical trial outside of the company paper ( i.e., the DJ written paper showing 60%) so there is no clinical evidence that CMF works at 30 minutes. None. We would rather use the 8-10 hour device on the pt or even the implant knowing the patient gets a better shot at healing.

DJ tries to get its business from us by wining and dining the staff, and incessantly pitching stock and bill to the office. This lack of ethics, and most importantly, lack of any real clinical trial to show that the OL stim does anything, is absolutely incredible. The last straw was the pt who complained to me that your rep was trying to sell her an OL stim for her acute fx for 3 thousand dollars. We didn't even prescribe it!

You may think I am a competitor trying to stir the pot, but I am not. Just venting after just being so tired of your rep telling us that you have the highest heal rate for non-unions. Keep bringing the Panera, fine, I am starting to like the Turkey Bravo sandwich, but until you have any sort of CLINICAL PROOF, we are not going to risk a patient's well being for you.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: cmf ol1000

OMG!

A real DOC (from 1 of the highest paid sub-specialties at that) posts on CF!
that's incredib.....ly pathetic
and your patients REALLY use this site? over webMD? or google?
that's brilliant....NOT

If your a REAL doc at least please tell us what city you're in and your initials so we can AVOID you - no way would I ever want ANY doc that posts on here doing ANYTHING to any of my 206 bones!

oh yeah and please report the Emami studies to the FDA
Exogen devices are documented placebo - and it's fraud they even get reimbursed!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Anonymous

S&N DUDES NOW POSING AS DOCS ON CAFE PHARMA

HOW LAME
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Anonymous

I also come to Cafe Pharma to get accurate and current scientific data when researching any healthcare topic. I see I'm in great company!

Hey Biden are you also on here? How about you Bieber?

B H Obama.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Anonymous

I TOO USE CAFE PHARMA FOR ALL MY HEALTHCARE INFORMATIONAL NEEDS
M ROMNEY
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Anonymous

Clever quip. Very typical of the DJ talent I have met thus far.
Previous poster here. Nope, just tired of patients questioning our judgement based on these boards. Have been sent the link by the 3rd patient directed here by googling their device, then second guessing their therapy.
Also, we use Biomet, Physiostim and the Exogen all for various patient types. Tuning out if this silliness, but just thought I would try to offer another perspective to you all, obviously I got what I suppose I deserved here.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Anonymous

Why pretend to be a physician on here?
And if you arent pretending please tell us what city you are in and your initials
Any ortho with time (or desire) to post on CF is asinine, preposterous and farcical.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Anonymous

Here's the deal you can't defend.

DJO came to market before Exogen. Every doc I met tried DJO at one time or another. When they use Exogen DJO typically goes to the side. How do I know this is a national trend?

Gather the sales revenue of DJO Orthologic sales vs Exogen. You can then figure marketshare (even though DJO has higher average sales prices due to grandfathering).

You see, the physicians decide whats best for the patients. The physicians have decided. It's like voting, when the majority speaks...its decided.

The end.

BTW, DJO has 0Level 1 studies.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Anonymous

************PAY ATTENTION S&N BONEHEADS*******************

THE FACTS idiot:

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound [EXOGEN] and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

CANT YOU S&N GUYS READ??????
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Anonymous

Spoken like a true S&N brainwashed bonehead

keep drinking the kool aid!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Anonymous

Why pretend to be a physician on here?
And if you arent pretending please tell us what city you are in and your initials
Any ortho with time (or desire) to post on CF is asinine, preposterous and farcical.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Anonymous

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Anonymous

Bone stim reps are the worst. Surgeons look at it like ordering home health. Most orders go like this: "Suzi, order this patient a bone stim." Then Suzi calls the last rep who brought her a Starbucks. Shut the hell up with your 1980s studies.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Anonymous

what sales job isnt like that dumbass
its about RELATIONSHIPS

and if 2 studies showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with EXOGEN and those who were not - then what gives??

sounds like EXOGEN = placebo to me too!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Anonymous

THIS WEBSITE AND ALL THESE POSTS ARE PATHETIC
WHAT A JOKE
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Anonymous

Yo.

Could you experts stop throwing rocks at each other long enough to tell me if you have a stim device that can be applied effectively on a pelvis or femoral neck on a large person (5'9", 225 lbs)?

TIA
Old 05-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Anonymous

Of course
But please go see your doctor - find one with expertise and experience with bone stim
and NOT the fake ortho guy who posted above
This website IS a joke like the post before you said
Who in their right mind would come here seeking REAL information anyway?
IT'S A GOSSIP SITE FOLKS!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Anonymous

I think all of you people except for the Dr. (or Dr., poser) are Clueless.

Here's the Deal:
Whenever a patient or a Dr. googles a specific branded Bone Stimulator these cafe pharma sites pop up.

PS. The dude who keeps reciting that stupid, obsolete study that was not designed properly needs to Grow Up.

The truth is not too many clinicians use DJ Ortho stims anymore because they are technically obsolete. A success rate of 60% does not compare to Orthofix and Exogen. Problem with Orthofix is that the wear time for optimal efficacy is 6 hours, so a surgeon better make sure that his patient will be compliant or else it's a waste of money.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Anonymous

Hi all u brainiacs on CF!

VERY busy Ortho/ Neuro/ CV Surgeon

YES - I have a triple degree

And this website is my GO TO site for info

It poooooops up every time in the FIRST line when I search anything medikal on gaalge

So it MUST be the BEST source of info on this here inter-net (THANKS AL GORE!)

I want to see all the head to head data on these here boner growth stimulators

If you do not have head to head date then shut the hell up

All the hot Pfizer and GSK and Abbott reps have head to head data - and sexy short skirts too! wooohooo!

Now I have patients to go see..............

We here in cali have managed care contracts that pay us almost nothin

My reimbursement is being cut BIG TIME

Might have to go back for another degree - can you say JD!

Thankz agin CAFE PHARMA for biein the #1 sorce of grate medikal infer-mation on this here internet thing!!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Anonymous

I TOO USE CAFE PHARMA FOR ALL MY HEALTHCARE INFORMATIONAL NEEDS

T Tebow
G HW Bush
A Lincoln
K Kardashian
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

BTW Exogen is the worst
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Anonymous

agreed - and i am a patient laughing at the posts on here
I have read all the literature and the Exogen product has VERY limited and totally conflicting data - plus i have to use that damn messy gel and ruin my cast to use it?
Give me a break! [pun intended]

I prefer 30 minute once daily treatments -- with the same heal rates
with NO cutting of my cast -- and NO messy gels!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
agreed - and i am a patient laughing at the posts on here
I have read all the literature and the Exogen product has VERY limited and totally conflicting data - plus i have to use that damn messy gel and ruin my cast to use it?

Sorry you are wasting your healthcare dollars with the DJ ortho stimulator. You have about a 60% chance of it healing your non-union verses an 86% chance with Exogen.
Have never heard a casted patient complain about using a dab of conductive gel with Exogen, only competitors complain from the companies who sell old, electric stimulators.

Good luck when your battery runs out before your fx heals!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Anonymous

It poooooops up every time in the FIRST line when I search anything medikal on gaalge

All the hot Pfizer and GSK and Abbott reps have head to head data - and sexy short skirts too! wooohooo!

Thankz agin CAFE PHARMA for biein the #1 sorce of grate medikal infer-mation on this here internet thing!!

BTW EXOGEN SUCKS!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Anonymous

agreed - and i am a patient
laughing at the posts on here

EXOGEN SUCKS!!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

EXOGEN SUCKS!!
Obviously you are a DJO rep. It's so fun to sell against you. All I ever have to say to a doctor is have you ever seen any studies on DJO and everyone of them says no. Because the DJO won't even give out their lousy 1 study that was discarded by JBJS. Must suck for you.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Anonymous

what a bunch of idiots
im in pharma and we have studies COMPARING active therapies
you guys have NO comparative studies

My uncle had one of the exogen devices
it was CRAP to use and didnt heal anything
JUNK
Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
what a bunch of idiots
im in pharma and we have studies COMPARING active therapies
you guys have NO comparative studies

My uncle had one of the exogen devices
it was CRAP to use and didnt heal anything
JUNK

EXOGEN SUCKS!!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

BTW EXOGEN SUCKS!

HAHA THIS GUY IS FUNNY
AND HE IS RIGHT!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
HAHA THIS GUY IS FUNNY
AND HE IS RIGHT!

Give me a break!

EXOGEN TOTALLY SUCKS!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Anonymous

You cmf 1000 reps must be selling against off label:

Very rarely does a patient with a non-union fracture, wear a cast. Casts are used as conservative treatment for acute fractures or post operatively with fusions (acute osteotomy).

You only have a non-union indication. So something is a little off here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: