for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > AstraZeneca
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Anonymous

Default Brilinta

I am a Publicis Rep-representing AZ, and I received a phone call from AZ to interview as a direct rep for Brilinta. It pays really well and sounds like a great opportunity from moving from contract, but I thought AZ was downsizing and going mostly contract? Anyone have any honest insights about Brilinta and why they would be hiring more Reps? With Plavix going generic, is AZ worried they will lose market share or will this potentially drive more business for AZ? Insightful and mature feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Brilinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I am a Publicis Rep-representing AZ, and I received a phone call from AZ to interview as a direct rep for Brilinta. It pays really well and sounds like a great opportunity from moving from contract, but I thought AZ was downsizing and going mostly contract? Anyone have any honest insights about Brilinta and why they would be hiring more Reps? With Plavix going generic, is AZ worried they will lose market share or will this potentially drive more business for AZ? Insightful and mature feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sounds contrary to what we've heard. Unless you have prior experience selling an OAP you will not be hired.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

I sell Crestor now for AZ and they want someone who currently calls on the same hospitals, so it doesn't sound like it is a shot in the dark. Thanks for the feedback, but my original question was about Brilinta, not your opinion if I am qualified or not.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I sell Crestor now for AZ and they want someone who currently calls on the same hospitals, so it doesn't sound like it is a shot in the dark. Thanks for the feedback, but my original question was about Brilinta, not your opinion if I am qualified or not.
I can be confident in saying that they won't lose very much market share at all when Plavix goes generic.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Anonymous

Not with AZ yet, but also been interviewed for Brilinta. Of course, they have an uphill battle on their hands between Plavix going generic and Effient being first to market as the more powerful ADPi. This is going to be very complex sell with a lot of pull through required. Unless you really, really know and have worked in the OAP market, I would not even attempt to go after ICs, connect them to hospitalists and discharge orders and then drill down to the PCP level. Of course, if you are in a really wealthy area, perhaps you have a better chance. Either way, I am interested. I think the dog is going to be Crestor which is losing MS like crazy now that Lipitor is generic along with a number of other statin choices. So, Brilinta reps: How's it going? Anyone making plan?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Anonymous

I don't believe this post, primarily because they wouldn't contact someone already on an AZ contract. However, many of the Ocean reps are very experienced in the cardiovascular arena... My counterpart previously sold Plavix for BMS, although she was not specialty and did not call on hospitals. So if AZ plans to start marketing Brilinta to primary care, who knows what the plans will be.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Anonymous

So, are you making plan?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

Well, please believe it, I'm not posting this for my health. Just today, I had an AstraZeneca recruiter-EMPLOYED BY ASTRAZENECA, and NOT an outside recruiter call me about Brilinta. (He also sent me an e-mail and job Req # if you want to know all my business). My initial response was to question why they would be contacting me if I am on an AZ contract. They told me the hiring manager approved to have me move forward with this interview process. Primarily because I already have access to key accounts they are targeting and their previous AZ Reps failed at attempting! This would be Hosp-specialty and selling to cardiologist so not PC.

I should not have to explain myself, believe it or not. AZ called me, get over it and move on. Now, I would like to have an intelligent conversation about Brilinta if that is possible. I guess not.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I can be confident in saying that they won't lose very much market share at all when Plavix goes generic.
Thank you for your feedback.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Anonymous

Come on, I really need to know tonight from someone selling Brilinta how many of you are making plan?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not with AZ yet, but also been interviewed for Brilinta. Of course, they have an uphill battle on their hands between Plavix going generic and Effient being first to market as the more powerful ADPi. This is going to be very complex sell with a lot of pull through required. Unless you really, really know and have worked in the OAP market, I would not even attempt to go after ICs, connect them to hospitalists and discharge orders and then drill down to the PCP level. Of course, if you are in a really wealthy area, perhaps you have a better chance. Either way, I am interested. I think the dog is going to be Crestor which is losing MS like crazy now that Lipitor is generic along with a number of other statin choices. So, Brilinta reps: How's it going? Anyone making plan?
Thanks for the insights. It doesn't matter what drug I pick, they all have their pros and cons right now, it is the nature of the pharma business these days. It would be nice to move away from contract and it pays well. But if Brilinta will be an impossible sell-I don't want to face being fired.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Come on, I really need to know tonight from someone selling Brilinta how many of you are making plan?
No response, my guess-probably not, that is why they are calling their contract reps like me.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Anonymous

Argue Re: Brilinta

Quote:
Well, please believe it, I'm not posting this for my health. Just today, I had an AstraZeneca recruiter-EMPLOYED BY ASTRAZENECA, and NOT an outside recruiter call me about Brilinta. (He also sent me an e-mail and job Req # if you want to know all my business). My initial response was to question why they would be contacting me if I am on an AZ contract. They told me the hiring manager approved to have me move forward with this interview process. Primarily because I already have access to key accounts they are targeting and their previous AZ Reps failed at attempting! This would be Hosp-specialty and selling to cardiologist so not PC.

I should not have to explain myself, believe it or not. AZ called me, get over it and move on. Now, I would like to have an intelligent conversation about Brilinta if that is possible. I guess not.
It IS possible to have an intellugent conversation. Just NOT with you. First: Coming on here to ask a serious question shows you are STUPID. Second, HR monitors this board daily and will be able to figure out that whom you are and stop the interview process (if there ever was one) since you have violated AZ (and contract employees) code of ethics by posting on here. Third, your attitude will get you NO where with any current Hospital/CVAS team or DSM team. Your done, skippy.

So as for your original request selling Brilinta should have been a fun deal. But the pricing killed this drug on arrival. Pricing, ASP, Dosing.... just to much to overcome. But the pricing was the final nail in the coffin. Realize that there was a price INCREASE for Brilinta in January. Yes, an INCREASE. Brand team has no balls to just make it cost friendly.

SO there. no, go back to Crestor in the hospitals, as a contract team. right....

lol
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
ROFLMAO.

Making plan for Brilinta....

LOL
LOL
LOL

When there was no plan, just effort, we all made plan for Brilinta. Now with quota, 95% OR MORE NOT making goals.

It is just to costly for the patient. Doctors are using Brilinta due to samples placing needy patients on Brilinta as long as there are samples. If the patient has to pay for it, NOT BRILINTA.

FREE SAMPLES = PATIENT ON BRILINTA
PATIENT HAS TO PAY = PLAVIX
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;4323958]It IS possible to have an intellugent conversation. Just NOT with you. First: Coming on here to ask a serious question shows you are STUPID. Second, HR monitors this board daily and will be able to figure out that whom you are and stop the interview process (if there ever was one) since you have violated AZ (and contract employees) code of ethics by posting on here. Third, your attitude will get you NO where with any current Hospital/CVAS team or DSM team. Your done, skippy.

So as for your original request selling Brilinta should have been a fun deal. But the pricing killed this drug on arrival. Pricing, ASP, Dosing.... just to much to overcome. But the pricing was the final nail in the coffin. Realize that there was a price INCREASE for Brilinta in January. Yes, an INCREASE. Brand team has no balls to just make it cost friendly.

SO there. no, go back to Crestor in the hospitals, as a contract team. right....

Well said. Contract rep is toast IMHO.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Anonymous

I do not sell Brilinta but it is well recognized that the first six months to a year are critical to ramp up a new product. Brilinta is hardly gaining sufficient traction and the gold standard, Plavix, will be going generic in May. Although many think you only have one chance to launch, if sales remain slow, you could see a re-launch in the hopes that a different direction or emphasis will improve results. Zithromax and Levoquin changed strategies and had successful relaunches, but the realization that change is needed has to come quickly and AZ tends to dig in its heels. As Einstein said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." So throwing more bodies at an already flailing launch might not be much of a fix.

Raising prices during a product launch is certainly an interesting strategy to say the least.

From appearances the club currently appears to be the sales tool of choice.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
It IS possible to have an intellugent conversation. Just NOT with you. First: Coming on here to ask a serious question shows you are STUPID. Second, HR monitors this board daily and will be able to figure out that whom you are and stop the interview process (if there ever was one) since you have violated AZ (and contract employees) code of ethics by posting on here. Third, your attitude will get you NO where with any current Hospital/CVAS team or DSM team. Your done, skippy.

lol
The only thing I find STUPID and CONTRADICTING is your message. FIRST, you would rather have a message board where everyone like your pathetic self can insult and be hateful-but not ask a serious question? I guess everyone on here is just STUPID to you. GROW UP. SECOND, how am I violating any AZ rules? REMEMBER, AZ CALLED ME- Um yea, hard to believe a contract person got called by AZ. GET OVER IT. Third, my attitude? Really? Because I asked for someone to give me an intelligent response and NOT an immature response like yours? HYPOCRITE.

Your second paragraph would have been sufficient enough, but because you're such a miserable person you have to hide behind your computer and post something nasty to anyone who asks a fair question. Also, If you knew anything about CRESTOR, the number problem with selling that it is EXPENSIVE.

Next time you are insulting and rude to people. (Which I'm sure won't take long). Take a loooong look in the mirror. YOU GOT ISSUES.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The only thing I find STUPID and CONTRADICTING is your message. FIRST, you would rather have a message board where everyone like your pathetic self can insult and be hateful-but not ask a serious question? I guess everyone on here is just STUPID to you. GROW UP. SECOND, how am I violating any AZ rules? REMEMBER, AZ CALLED ME- Um yea, hard to believe a contract person got called by AZ. GET OVER IT. Third, my attitude? Really? Because I asked for someone to give me an intelligent response and NOT an immature response like yours? HYPOCRITE.

Your second paragraph would have been sufficient enough, but because you're such a miserable person you have to hide behind your computer and post something nasty to anyone who asks a fair question. Also, If you knew anything about CRESTOR, the number problem with selling that it is EXPENSIVE.

Next time you are insulting and rude to people. (Which I'm sure won't take long). Take a loooong look in the mirror. YOU GOT ISSUES.

I am on an AZ contract and I also got called about brilinta. I think it must be a conspiracy-we're taking your az jobs!! uhoooooooooooohhhh!! hahaha
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
So, are you making plan?
quotas/plans are really fuzzy....the indication covers a small part of the market. I have not received a formal quota yet for Q2. The plan is part numbers and part behaviors...making it easy for them to with hold your bonus $$$$ on a whim.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
quotas/plans are really fuzzy....the indication covers a small part of the market. I have not received a formal quota yet for Q2. The plan is part numbers and part behaviors...making it easy for them to with hold your bonus $$$$ on a whim.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Sorry to inform you, but I DO know something about selling Crestor. Crestor took me to the COE 2 years. Nuf said... go back to your make-believe hospital contract....
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sorry to inform you, but I DO know something about selling Crestor. Crestor took me to the COE 2 years. Nuf said... go back to your make-believe hospital contract....
Grow up, you make all us AZ Reps look like asses on here.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Grow up, you make all us AZ Reps look like asses on here.
BUT YOU ARE.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Brilinta

The drug is dosed BID, this the real problem, plus no significant benefit versus placid on STAMINA or diabetics. This is a dog, no significant wins at hospitals across there country.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Damn autospell, STEMI
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Anonymous

Damn autospell, STEMI and Placid oops
Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The drug is dosed BID, this the real problem, plus no significant benefit versus placid on STAMINA or diabetics. This is a dog, no significant wins at hospitals across there country.
Guess I should not have quoted over smartphone. The problem is the BID dosing. There is no benefit in STEMI or in diabetics. We are also more expensive. Why would a MD want to use this dog???
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Guess I should not have quoted over smartphone. The problem is the BID dosing. There is no benefit in STEMI or in diabetics. We are also more expensive. Why would a MD want to use this dog???
Where is it shown that there is no benefit in STEMI or diabetics?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Anonymous

To the 'no benefit in STEMI and diabetes' idiot. . . Go away TROLL! You obviously cannot read a PI.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Anonymous

When our product has a P-Value of 0.07 vs. Plavix. Any idiot knows that to be signficant you must be < 0.05 The same hold true diabetics.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Anonymous

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20802246
Really? Troll.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Anonymous

Really, maybe you should read our study and not some abstract. Okay, here it is. When ticagrelor was compared to patients with or without diabetes, the data was better for those patients with diabetes. But, this is not what the point is. This data from page 3012 in our study only points to a comparison with ticagrelor with patients who either had or did not have diabetes. When we compared brilinta to clopidogrel with diabetes (page 3013), no significance was achieved. P-Values were much greater than than 0.05 and confidence intervals exceed 1.00, meaning no statistical significance over plavix. Furthermore, the authors concluded that the trial did not reach statistical significance (page 3014) in the primary and secondary endpoints. I got ripped on this by an IC. The conclusions they come up with in this study as well as our STEMI study is ridiculous.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Anonymous

numerically greater but not significant Does this phrase sound familiar?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Anonymous

.07 may not be a significance but the trial was not powered for equivalance, only superiority. So, for all we know, Brilinta IS equal to Plavix just not significantly better than for that population. It is tough for an IC to say there was no overall mortality benefit when clearly there was. There are a number of thought leaders that think Plavix is crap. So, where does that leave us? Effient is a bleeding nightmare. Just ask any CTS. Patients that need urgent surgery have died on that drug. Plavix is so damn variable, that it cannot be counted on to keep patients from coming back all clotted off six months later - look at their own label. I think this guy/IC was just giving you a hard time. You can split the data a million different ways. Don't get so hung up on "your own" data. There are a lot of other trials out there. This guy wanted to hear you tell him something he DID NOT know.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Anonymous

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract
LOL - it's ST-seg resolution at discharge dippy. I really do not know of any drug that has ever made this comparison, whether this comparison is meaningful between the two drugs or in the class. Obviously, those patients that can leave with it resolved, have better outcomes. But this class of drugs may not have anything to do with resolution. If this is what your IC was discussing with you, brush up on your EP knowledge and what type of patients/drugs prevent or prolong this profile. That guy WAS giving you a hard time.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
numerically greater but not significant Does this phrase sound familiar?
As an IC told me clearly, these are outcomes driven products. If you are not significantly better with statistical significance, you are not better. Sure we could go back and forth over this, but, the BID dosing does not help with compliance and this is the real issue. I hate this product...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Anonymous

Really, for a mortality beneift and less stent thrombsis? - So the IC's work will last longer, less risk of MI or death and no worries about variability, you would not take one pill in the morning and one pill at night? I bet this patient group has lots of drugs they take one in the morning and one at night. So they remember to take it at night with their beta blocker or insulin/statin/Niaspan and in the morning with their ACE. Plavix is less than 25 effective in anyone with a CrCL of less than 60. That means an antiplatet effect on ADP that could be as low as ZERO effect to a max of only 30 percent inhibition. This is more than half of the stenting population. That is not effective if the pt has multiple stents, is diabetic, smokes, has hypertension, is obese or has high cholesterol. Something stronger is needed and the pt need only take a baby asprin then. Do you people actually know how to sell to an IC?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Anonymous

So, does Brilinta have a mortality benefit above Plavix or not? That is all that matters.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Brilinta

Quote:
So, does Brilinta have a mortality benefit above Plavix or not? That is all that matters.
Let me start, not in North America, not in STEMI, not in diabetics, if you stent within 10-12 hours of onset of chest pain -NO mortality benefit in STEMI or NSTEMI, depending on the combo of STEMI or diabetes or both, no benefit whatsoever regardless of age, sex, region, type of stent used, use of IIb/IIa's, should I keep going on???? Really, this drug is a dog and top that with BID dosing, crap! What was the compliance rate for Brilinta in our study for North America - 62%, Really? In a study no less and you wonder why the drug is sucking rocks.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Anonymous

Well, North America was the high ASA dose which resulted in worse outcomes, as well as in other areas where ASA was dosed high. Are you talking about North America diabetes and STEMI data or overall. Overall, the data are good with a mortality benefit. North America was a problem because with a high ASA dose comes insignificant groin bleeding that can cause the medication(s) to be terminated. If this was an "intent to treat trial" which it was, you include even those patients that got the drug and then stopped, meaning the final outcome suffered. Someone bleeds at all and the antithrombotics get shut off. Later, that person is far more likely to have an event. Period. Again, you have a great product, YOU just do not know how to sell it nor do you believe in it. Time to step aside. Any product that is number ONE in Europe and tanking here, has a problem with their strategy and tactics. It is not the drug, believe me. Check out the rate of fatal CABG bleeding. . . I would prefer B to P anyday.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Anonymous

Plavix will have the price, survival May 18th.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Well, North America was the high ASA dose which resulted in worse outcomes, as well as in other areas where ASA was dosed high. Are you talking about North America diabetes and STEMI data or overall. Overall, the data are good with a mortality benefit. North America was a problem because with a high ASA dose comes insignificant groin bleeding that can cause the medication(s) to be terminated. If this was an "intent to treat trial" which it was, you include even those patients that got the drug and then stopped, meaning the final outcome suffered. Someone bleeds at all and the antithrombotics get shut off. Later, that person is far more likely to have an event. Period. Again, you have a great product, YOU just do not know how to sell it nor do you believe in it. Time to step aside. Any product that is number ONE in Europe and tanking here, has a problem with their strategy and tactics. It is not the drug, believe me. Check out the rate of fatal CABG bleeding. . . I would prefer B to P anyday.
Last I saw, lowest dose ASA dose did not beat Plavix in North America as well>>>>> Explain that one. Every patient cohort in North America could not beat Plavix no matter how you dice of the data. We can't explain this one at all.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Anonymous

Under 100 mg of ASA did beat plavix for events. Not sure what you are talking about. Problem for U.S. is that subset was too small to make any meaningful interpretations. So, you have to go with the overall trial results and not a small subset. Look up Duke's take on the trial.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Plavix will have the price, survival May 18th.
Plavix is a drug that will be reserved for the poor and that will be it. It is crap compared with the Brilinta. Very few hospitals are going to favor Effient over Brilinta if they have to only pick one brand ADP. No one will pick a drug with a high bleeder risk and longer wait to surgery over a drug with a mortality benefit. Plus, Effient should never be used pre-PCI. Thought leaders are already considering the benefits of loading with Brilinta for NSTEMI and STEMI.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Under 100 mg of ASA did beat plavix for events. Not sure what you are talking about. Problem for U.S. is that subset was too small to make any meaningful interpretations. So, you have to go with the overall trial results and not a small subset. Look up Duke's take on the trial.
I'd rather read the FDA review remarks. Overall, the North America anomaly was a major concern and not expelained by aspirin dosing.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Anonymous

There just were not enough patients in the North American arm but the PI does note it is probably the asprin dose. . . that IS what the FDA ruled. I would like to see if bleeding complications drove that endpoint in the U.S. High dose asprin could then be confirmed to be the problem. Again, the U.S. has a history of overdosing antithrombotic medications and when even minor bleeding occurs, the doc will yank the therapy leaving the pt unprotected. That same pt will then later be more likely to have an MI or even die.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me start, not in North America, not in STEMI, not in diabetics, if you stent within 10-12 hours of onset of chest pain -NO mortality benefit in STEMI or NSTEMI, depending on the combo of STEMI or diabetes or both, no benefit whatsoever regardless of age, sex, region, type of stent used, use of IIb/IIa's, should I keep going on???? Really, this drug is a dog and top that with BID dosing, crap! What was the compliance rate for Brilinta in our study for North America - 62%, Really? In a study no less and you wonder why the drug is sucking rocks.
U R a TROLL! Go back to your Effient board. There is more going on here than meets the eye. It IS the asprin dose. Of course, you are not going to see a benefit in all those little subsets from North America. DUH!!!!! There were less than 1900 pts. Pull out just the low ASA pts, and the benefit suddenly becomes clear. Was compliance due to BID or was it intent to treat? There is a big difference. Usually in clincial trials, compliance with the protocol is just noted as "non compliance with the protocol" and does not mean it was b/c the drug is dosed BID, especially in a clinical trial - the drug is provided free and the patient understands and signs that they understand how to take the medication per protocol. it could be because the pt went to CABG and the drug was discontinued or due to bleeding or something else entirely. Again, I am guessing that if that was the "compliance" in N.A., it is because of issues due to high ASA, interactions with that high dose and perhaps fear of bleeding or actual bleeding during or just after hospitalization. Drug gets stopped, patient is still counted as being in treatment group yet recieves NO benefit of treatment and the investigator just notes noncompliance with protocol and some discription that can never be broken down due to too few patients and too many reasons. Americans are comfortable with their Plavix and less likely to have stopped it because it is not new. So, Plavix arm gets treatment. Brilinta arm gets their drug stopped. You figure it out.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Anonymous

Brilinta is actually a good drug, but AZ screwed up the clinical trial because marketing refused to allow high dose aspirin patients to be excluded from the study so that the market potential could be larger. The trial was underpowered to boot to save money. Now they don't have the significant data in hand to prove that their drug works. Typical short sighted decisions by AZ management.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Anonymous

Well, I think they have figured it out. They fired a bunch of statin reps who were "launching" Brilinta (poorly) and are now replacing them with people who actually have interventional experience. It will happen. No drug today has a blockbuster launch. Those days are long gone especially when a drug is second or third to class. A first in class drug with a good safety profile would do it but those are few and far in between. Many now are for smaller niche markets and will never achieve the billion dollar mark. I actually think Brilinta could do it with the right strategy and thought leaders/web/CME coverage. Duke seems behind the drug. That's all I need to know.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Brilinta is actually a good drug, but AZ screwed up the clinical trial because marketing refused to allow high dose aspirin patients to be excluded from the study so that the market potential could be larger. The trial was underpowered to boot to save money. Now they don't have the significant data in hand to prove that their drug works. Typical short sighted decisions by AZ management.
The global data is significant. I think the problem is convincing the U.S. docs that the data can be applied to their clinical practice and how. That is a bit more difficult. I am certain there will be some more breakouts and studies at the academic level coming in the next two to three years, probably even an extended release version of the product for better preventative dosing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: