» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Takeda
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Takeda Anonymous board for Takeda

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
nice post URL!
Really??? Don't be too sure it was a URL posting that quote. You should hear what some of you managers think of your selling ability. I wouldn't be surprised if one third to half of the URL reps are retained and absorbed into Takeda to displace current Takeda reps who have low attainment on Uloric goals.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Everyone keeps saying how tough Colcrys is to sell, but the truth is that it has not been that hard. Yes, there were a lot of angry docs, but most of them continued to write Colcrys because they understand that there is no real alternative. The percentage of docs who truly had to be "sold" on Colcrys is much smaller than those who continued to write because they already used colchicine. Yes, there was a lot PR work that had to be done, but Colcrys sold itself in most cases. There are very few docs who never wrote colchicine and now write Colcrys.
Wrong! URL loser here. I am actually growing my business! In my territory, Colcrys scripts have increased far beyond the unapproved! Perhaps in YOUR territory, few doctors are writing Colcrys that had no experience with colchicine. You were not doing your job, moron.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Really??? Don't be too sure it was a URL posting that quote. You should hear what some of you managers think of your selling ability. I wouldn't be surprised if one third to half of the URL reps are retained and absorbed into Takeda to displace current Takeda reps who have low attainment on Uloric goals.
You're dumb too. Wake up idiot, you are not going to get hired by or contracted by Takeda.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If I was a big shot at Takeda, I would keep the URL sales force, make them the gout specialists since they know how to move marketshare!!! Just sayin!
I am a URL rep and I KNOW you are a URL rep. Stop trolling on the Takeda board with negative shit about Takeda reps. YOU ARE A RUDE REP! No get back over to the Innovex board so we can hear you cry.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Really??? Don't be too sure it was a URL posting that quote. You should hear what some of you managers think of your selling ability. I wouldn't be surprised if one third to half of the URL reps are retained and absorbed into Takeda to displace current Takeda reps who have low attainment on Uloric goals.
AGREED! 2 in my district who have Uloric in their bag I would love to replace with URL reps. I home management gives us the choice!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
AGREED! 2 in my district who have Uloric in their bag I would love to replace with URL reps. I home management gives us the choice!
You are not a manager, and probably don't work at Takeda. If you did you would know reps at Takeda don't get axed for poor sales. When was the last time a manger was able to fire a rep because of poor sales? Hear that, it is the sound of crickets. Legal makes it next to impossible to fire someone unless there has been stealing or misconduct.
That's just the way we roll here at TPUSA
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You are not a manager, and probably don't work at Takeda. If you did you would know reps at Takeda don't get axed for poor sales. When was the last time a manger was able to fire a rep because of poor sales? Hear that, it is the sound of crickets. Legal makes it next to impossible to fire someone unless there has been stealing or misconduct.
That's just the way we roll here at TPUSA
You moron! This is a merging of a company that was purchased situation. This should give us a blank check to get rid of those who are underperforming. Hello?!!! We just fired 700 a year and a half after firing even more. Believe me buddy, there are many managers who would love to be able to replace some dead wood with reps from the company we recently purchased (URL). Don't be so foolish to think this is not being discussed.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Takeda rep: "So doctor, remember having the discussion about how URL hijacked generic colchicine, made it branded and jacked up the price, pissing off patients and doctors around the country?"

Physician: "Yes I do. I actually thought the rep was ok, but because of what the company did we no longer allow that rep in our clinic".

Takeda rep: "Well I am excited to tell you that my company thought this was such a great company, we purchased URL. This will give us the opportunity to further own, rich and expand our business. Please don't worry. Our crack marketing team that just changed our other savings program will surely come up with a fantabulous savings program for Colcrys. Even though they already have free trials and a super savings program"

physician "Why don't you bend over and own, rich and expand this you little prick. The door is that way and please don't come back"
ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
What a field day it has been for the Colcrys reps and I am one. We were ALL blindsided by this news with many reps hearing about it from offices and calling our DM's to share what we thought was gossip. We will be out of our jobs within the next 60 days and wish the best to the Takeda sales team. Please know, we encouarged the use of Uloric and Colcrys. We never positioned Colcrys as competition to Uloric and in fact tried to drive more business to Uloric versus Allo. Sad to read we were being called hijackers and thieves. We hopefully made your jobs and the transition to combo therapy easier and now you can enjoy the $40,000 quarterly bonuses.
THIS IS TAKEDA...THERE WILL BE NO $40,000 BONUS PER QUARTER!!! THERE WON'T BE $40,000 PER YEAR. ARE YOU "FN" KIDDIN ME!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
THIS IS TAKEDA...THERE WILL BE NO $40,000 BONUS PER QUARTER!!! THERE WON'T BE $40,000 PER YEAR. ARE YOU "FN" KIDDIN ME!!!!!!
URL rep here. There were not 40 grand bonuses in the beginning. We went many quarters where very little was paid out. Average it out and being in it from the beginning and you would have a different perception of Colcrys. Every dime I was paid I earned. Doctors were absolutely furious until we stopped being drug reps and started listening. Have you ever bitched anybody out at a business that you felt wronged you? Imagine that 8 times a day on the receiving end. URL gave us a way to put out the fires sort of. You found out what worked and what didn't. Takeda reps will have it easy because all the hard work has already been taken care of but then again you won't get paid big bonuses either.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Why did Quintiles ask reps for updated experience and achievements today?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
URL rep here. There were not 40 grand bonuses in the beginning. We went many quarters where very little was paid out. Average it out and being in it from the beginning and you would have a different perception of Colcrys. Every dime I was paid I earned. Doctors were absolutely furious until we stopped being drug reps and started listening. Have you ever bitched anybody out at a business that you felt wronged you? Imagine that 8 times a day on the receiving end. URL gave us a way to put out the fires sort of. You found out what worked and what didn't. Takeda reps will have it easy because all the hard work has already been taken care of but then again you won't get paid big bonuses either.

Lets set this sraight, there were NO big bonuses for most people reps... maybe a select few for one quarter..now it's no bonuses for almost everyone. URL came up with this baseline system that screwed everyone so you could not make any money while they just made more and more money. Never have heard of such a stupid system as a "baseline" in my career of pharma of 16 yrs. You always got paid on # scripts with market share growth, not some sky high baseline you had to meet first.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

I agree and they "based" these baselines off of 6 weeks of data from end of q4. That doesn't account for anything. If you did really well at the end of year you were screwed big time this year. Then they happened to screw all 314 reps plus managers with this most recent bs.
R
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You moron! This is a merging of a company that was purchased situation. This should give us a blank check to get rid of those who are underperforming. Hello?!!! We just fired 700 a year and a half after firing even more. Believe me buddy, there are many managers who would love to be able to replace some dead wood with reps from the company we recently purchased (URL). Don't be so foolish to think this is not being discussed.
True Dat.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Is Takeda losing Amitiza? Actos generic in August? So 1800 reps for new diabetic drug, Dex, Uloric, Edarbi and Colcrys? If that's the case will they restructure?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Correction _ The deal is done unless Takeda lowers prices and aggressively goes after 2nd tier formulary coverage.

New Diabetes drug (5th DPP4 entrant) sales will never come close to Actos & future sales of Actos are at risk because of bladder cancer issues. The lawsuits continue to mount.
Uloric is so far under company goal it cannot sustain its own marketing department. Purchased colcrys to own the gout market. Docs will still prescribe allopurinol and colcrys or an NASAID
Dexilant is also not meeting goal and the company just pulled $20 instant savings cards
Edarbychlor is a joke - Sales reps are educating the physicians on the benefits of using edabychlor after mono arb failure. They are moving to generic losartan and chlorthalidone for 8-10 dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Correction _ The deal is done unless Takeda lowers prices and aggressively goes after 2nd tier formulary coverage.

New Diabetes drug (5th DPP4 entrant) sales will never come close to Actos & future sales of Actos are at risk because of bladder cancer issues. The lawsuits continue to mount.
Uloric is so far under company goal it cannot sustain its own marketing department. Purchased colcrys to own the gout market. Docs will still prescribe allopurinol and colcrys or an NASAID
Dexilant is also not meeting goal and the company just pulled $20 instant savings cards
Edarbychlor is a joke - Sales reps are educating the physicians on the benefits of using edabychlor after mono arb failure. They are moving to generic losartan and chlorthalidone for 8-10 dollars.
Challenges to Nexium patent which expires 2014 at the latest
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You are not a manager, and probably don't work at Takeda. If you did you would know reps at Takeda don't get axed for poor sales. When was the last time a manger was able to fire a rep because of poor sales? Hear that, it is the sound of crickets. Legal makes it next to impossible to fire someone unless there has been stealing or misconduct.
That's just the way we roll here at TPUSA
Oh! SIGN ME UP, I WOULD LOVE TO SKATE BY AND DO NOTHING FOR A CHANGE...
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Why did Quintiles ask reps for updated experience and achievements today?
My guess is that Quintiles will take that information to Takeda and try to get a contract with them. I wouldn't count on it actually happening though. I do like how it asked for diversity and gender on it though, since those should both be very important in the decision making process.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Seems like Takeda purchased URL for the global patent rights of Colcrys. The US exclusivity of Colcrys runs out in October 2012 as a 505 b 1. Still do not see the logic of paying $800 million for it. Bet the URL guys are laughing all the way to the bank. Hopefully this won't put all of the URL contract reps out of work prior to October.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Seems like Takeda purchased URL for the global patent rights of Colcrys. The US exclusivity of Colcrys runs out in October 2012 as a 505 b 1. Still do not see the logic of paying $800 million for it. Bet the URL guys are laughing all the way to the bank. Hopefully this won't put all of the URL contract reps out of work prior to October.
Global? Colcrys is only protected in US. There is Turkish, Indian, Greek and our favorite Canadian colchicine and many others available outside the US that URL does not make. Why do you say October? I was under the impression June would be the last month for URL. It is all cloak and dagger at URL and nobody is saying sh!t. So throwing out that October time frame seams out of left field.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Exclusivity which is July has no barring on the contract right now. August seems like final month due to the sixty days during buyout.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Lots of inaccauracies here.

Colcrys is in the US only. Go to your canadian pharmacies and you will see colchicine available. Good news is the coverage for Colcrys is tier 2 in most areas so patients dont save much $$ going north of the border.

The exclusivity of Colcrys does run out at the end of July. However, the patents in place on the drug will make it very hard for someone to bring another colchicine to market. Most of those patents are good until 2028. Because colchicine was never approved, URL started from scratch and pretty much patented everything in the PI including dosing, DDI, safety etc.

There have been patent challenges already, one was defeated last June. Last month Par Pharmaceuticals filed an application to make colchicine and is now being sued by url

Keep in mind when someone files a drug application it takes roughly 2-3 years before that product hit the shelves.

This is all stuff you can look up by doing a google search.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

non-contracted reps will be able to interview for open positions, however expect to move if you wish to stay. contracted reps will be let go.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
non-contracted reps will be able to interview for open positions, however expect to move if you wish to stay. contracted reps will be let go.
There are no URL emolyee reps. All reps are on a 3 year contract.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

so when will this dog replace the other dogs in our bag? not much else left!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

June. Forthcoming news
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
To the one or two URL reps who posted, please spare us the condescending clinical update on gout. We are ALL aware that patients have to prophylax with either an NSAID or colchicine for @6 months when they start any urate lowering therapy. Considering that over 2/3 of gout patients have some level of renal insufficiency, colchicine is the obvious choice over an NSAID. When Colcrys came out, it essentially raised the cost of Uloric, because you can't take one without the other. All of a sudden, when a provider was considering initiating Uloric therapy, they had to consider the cost of Colcrys for prophylaxis (which had been very minimal, and thus not a major consideration before). We are also aware of how pissed off the ACR was, and the fact that your president and CEO got their asses drug up in front of a Congressional committee to explain how your R&D costs could possibly justify the exorbitant cost of Colcrys. I am sure that things have gotten a lot better with your Rheum's since you launched, but Colcrys still is not a product that anyone who has been selling Uloric is going to be doing any backflips over. I hope that we are all able to remain employed through all of this. Good luck!
FYI: how much does 30 pills of 50mg indomethacin cost? It's not a $4 generic! Target charges $12 to 19 which makes it over .41 cents a pill. What does Colcrys cost? $15 for any commerical insured patient--prescribe 60 pills, it's .25 cents a pill. How the hell is that expensive? After I tell the cost difference to the doctors, they look like deer caught in the headlights! They all thought indo was cheap. Plus, the American Society of Clinical Rheums backed up what we said about how to prescribe it for 6 to 12 months. Hope this helps clarify that Colcrys is cheap, effective, and safe. Oh yeah, we removed two impurities, NDNF and lumicolchicine that were most likely responsible for fatalities--so the product has been made safer too.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Wednesday Conference Call

Can anyone let us URL reps know the content of your conference call on Weds? Some are hearing that they discussed Colcrys training in May/June. I guess I am trying to figure out how many weeks/days/minutes I have left on this dead contract.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Apparently URL understands the gout market better than Takeda. Sales of a friggin branded generic sold more then $430 Million! Maybe the URL peeps can help right the ship.
Do your homework. Colchicine was never a generic nor was it ever an approved drug. That would be why the FDA stopped the manufacturing of it along with 300 other drugs that were proven to be unsafe. URL actually brought it back to the FDA with new RAW materials, not the old Cholchicine. Research before you comment.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Ok... While I agree the drugs were technically unsafe. It WAS at a generic level and insurance companies considered it Generic. There was no bringing back. It wouldn't have left the market unless someone created the brand. FDA only removed it because URL met the requirements to create a brand and exclusivity. And im not a takeda rep. This isn't reply saying URL was wrong because they were smart and did the right thing my FDA standards. But FDA would have left unapproved on market until a brand eventually came. If you don't believe me go check to see how many of those drugs off that list that are medically necessary have been removed without a FDA approved one.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: URL pharma

All generics at the very least have a PI. Did the unapproved Colchicine have one ?? Only branded medications eventually become generics and not the other way around. Research my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

I don't think you understand. We all get why this happened but that doesn't erase the years of experience and how physicians and insurance companies labeled this.... Might I add with no issues what so ever.


You reps really are morons that believe whatever is in front of you at a poa.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You moron! This is a merging of a company that was purchased situation. This should give us a blank check to get rid of those who are underperforming. Hello?!!! We just fired 700 a year and a half after firing even more. Believe me buddy, there are many managers who would love to be able to replace some dead wood with reps from the company we recently purchased (URL). Don't be so foolish to think this is not being discussed.
I would LOVE to be able to replace a few of my Uloric reps with URL reps!! I hope they give us as managers the choice!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I don't think you understand. We all get why this happened but that doesn't erase the years of experience and how physicians and insurance companies labeled this.... Might I add with no issues what so ever.


You reps really are morons that believe whatever is in front of you at a poa.
Thats the thing it was being used incorrectly for all these years. It's not a given that a patient will die. It's a given that there will be deaths. I've heard that by many docs before I got into the whole story but by the time I was finished the doc agreed that it needed to be studied. The debate is it worth $5 a pill. When I explained what patients actually paid or didn't have to pay all was good. No matter what you will have your docs that won't listen to you but most that will you can sell them. URL was the bad guy for awhile but we managed through it. Most agreed three years at a branded price in trade for the safety and consistency that will be forever. You being Takeda is going to be the bad guy out of greed because you will have brought nothing to the table but a lawyer. Takeda will be sueing every generic manufacturer that challenges the patents long after FDA exclusivity is over. You are gonna catch some heat for that and I hope will have a good answer!
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I don't think you understand. We all get why this happened but that doesn't erase the years of experience and how physicians and insurance companies labeled this.... Might I add with no issues what so ever.

You reps really are morons that believe whatever is in front of you at a poa.
Once again you are proving to be the typical uninformed Takeda rep. If you had an ounce of intelligence you would have by now piggy backed on Colcrys and made a day of the Uloric Mkt Share. I could go on and on but your peanut brain may not be able to comprehend CYP3A4/PGP inhibitors etc so I'll end it here. So get off your High Donkey. Just for your comprehension it's a variation of High Horse. Other readers have gotten the joke.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

do we really have to be out of the field to learn this shit drug?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

This "shit drug" is about to become our biggest revenue generator in about 2.5 months. You might want to get on board.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Huh? I thought our shit drug was Amitiza?
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Once again you are proving to be the typical uninformed Takeda rep. If you had an ounce of intelligence you would have by now piggy backed on Colcrys and made a day of the Uloric Mkt Share. I could go on and on but your peanut brain may not be able to comprehend CYP3A4/PGP inhibitors etc so I'll end it here. So get off your High Donkey. Just for your comprehension it's a variation of High Horse. Other readers have gotten the joke.
Are you for real? Try selling in the Diabetes market...you will be eaten alive! Then your CYP3A4/PGP "BS" will sound like a bunch of letters to you- which is EXACTLY how you sound in your comment.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: URL pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Are you for real? Try selling in the Diabetes market...you will be eaten alive! Then your CYP3A4/PGP "BS" will sound like a bunch of letters to you- which is EXACTLY how you sound in your comment.
And you think we have been just plucked out of ether to sell Colcrys. Keep in mind we have all done our time in the industry and are still successful. So STF up.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.