» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

device jobs


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Medtronic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Medtronic Anonymous board for Medtronic

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Corporate HR philosphy is to eliminate functions, projects, and departments. That way they avoid discrimination lawsuits. So to be a bit insulated from a RIFF make sure you have a critical function on an important project in a department that shows up on your basic Harvard Business School Organizational Chart. If you are in a unique department, watch out. Of course all the surviving managers are allowed some openings to which you may apply. That way they can basically retain who they want and avoid discrimination cases.

Early on I was told that You are responsible for your career. Therapy Sales Rep? Where do you find that job on a standard org chart. Account sales, that's on there (better be hitting your number). Watch out if you are getting involved in a non-revenue producing program (such as Carelink sales - or Carelink Express sales). You are basically setting yourself up to be the next person looking for work.

good luck to all. I've managed to keep dodging this for 25 years. Getting to an age where I know that I will be their next target. If they offer me a management position in Carelink sales I know that I'm screwed.
This is fucking brilliant.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Makes more sense to just give the Express monitor away and cut costs. You don't need to pay a new sales force to do that. Every rep i know will aggresively get it placed to end the night and weekend call stuff. Only reason they would need a sales force is so EH can attempt to generate revenue for her P&L. This will simply be another display as to how out of touch with the market she is. Too bad PM has a crush on her. It will be another contributer to his demise.
F PM. HE IS AN ASSHOLE
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
F PM. HE IS AN ASSHOLE
That prick came to MDT for one reason only; to ride the money train.
Now that it slowed down he's incapable of making any actual business decisions, so he's doing what they teach in business school. Layoff everyone else but call it a Transformation.
He took a business that thousands of others built and contributed to and ran it into the ground.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
And Mounds View CRDM will also be subjected to The Wrath of Omar on 4/26.
Another bloodbath at Mounds View today (4/26/12).

On the bright side, MDT will finally be able to make some money, renting out one of the three buildings they built 6 yrs ago. The paint hasn't even dried yet.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That prick came to MDT for one reason only; to ride the money train.
Now that it slowed down he's incapable of making any actual business decisions, so he's doing what they teach in business school. Layoff everyone else but call it a Transformation.
He took a business that thousands of others built and contributed to and ran it into the ground.
PM is a punk.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

after all the ranting and raving in this thread, not once did anyone come forward and substantiate the OP claims that MDT is any worse than any other fortune 500 company when it comes to the layoff process. As was said before, it sucks to get laid off, but its not like MDT is any worse or better than other large companies.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Morale has been horrible for 5 years. Most of us are unsatisfied and overworked. Development opportunities are slim. "Work life balance" is horrible, you live to work.

The business model isn't working. Mature market profit margins are slim and new markets need to be funded well, yet funding is destructively short sighted. So we're in a tight spot. Old ways aren't working. If we stay the same, we sink. Yet if we change constantly, so too do we sink. It's time to layout a plan with enough patience to keep cool and stick to it.

I did not elect to leave, and was not rif'd. Yet I will go to sleep tonight wondering if leaving would have ultimately been for the best. I frequently regret ever electing to come to the company. Year after year, the job gets more demanding and compensation erodes.

The ethics of this company are shaky. We walk a very thin line compared to other companies within and outside of the industry. For example, people here are rif'd based on two things: political "perceptions" and value added. The problem is, if they don't "perceive" that you're valuable, you will be put on the weaker projects which get cut first. Then they say the rif is all just funding related which is a lie. Meanwhile they hire more people just to lay off more next year. Another example is the diversity initiative, to hire and fill quotas and develop women and people of color; it's merely is a veiled means to collect government contract monies contingent on compliance to affirmative action plans, yet we make believe it's some sincere business strategy to tap into a wealth of new perspective which is a lie. Yet they see fit to pump us full with rhetoric on the importance of "trust and respect", "straight talk", "candor", train us on the OZ principle to hold us accountable not just to our jobs but also those in the gaps around us, and trumpet the virtues of "living the mission".

We have 3 priorities in the balance of daily decisions: quality, cost, and timeline - and they are all ranked #1! All 3 are of essential importance, and all 3 compete against each other. The reward we get for achieving this trifecta is... we survive for the moment and get rif'd on the last Thursday of every April.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Morale has been horrible for 5 years. Most of us are unsatisfied and overworked. Development opportunities are slim. "Work life balance" is horrible, you live to work.

The business model isn't working. Mature market profit margins are slim and new markets need to be funded well, yet funding is destructively short sighted. So we're in a tight spot. Old ways aren't working. If we stay the same, we sink. Yet if we change constantly, so too do we sink. It's time to layout a plan with enough patience to keep cool and stick to it.

I did not elect to leave, and was not rif'd. Yet I will go to sleep tonight wondering if leaving would have ultimately been for the best. I frequently regret ever electing to come to the company. Year after year, the job gets more demanding and compensation erodes.

The ethics of this company are shaky. We walk a very thin line compared to other companies within and outside of the industry. For example, people here are rif'd based on two things: political "perceptions" and value added. The problem is, if they don't "perceive" that you're valuable, you will be put on the weaker projects which get cut first. Then they say the rif is all just funding related which is a lie. Meanwhile they hire more people just to lay off more next year. Another example is the diversity initiative, to hire and fill quotas and develop women and people of color; it's merely is a veiled means to collect government contract monies contingent on compliance to affirmative action plans, yet we make believe it's some sincere business strategy to tap into a wealth of new perspective which is a lie. Yet they see fit to pump us full with rhetoric on the importance of "trust and respect", "straight talk", "candor", train us on the OZ principle to hold us accountable not just to our jobs but also those in the gaps around us, and trumpet the virtues of "living the mission".

We have 3 priorities in the balance of daily decisions: quality, cost, and timeline - and they are all ranked #1! All 3 are of essential importance, and all 3 compete against each other. The reward we get for achieving this trifecta is... we survive for the moment and get rif'd on the last Thursday of every April.
Well stated and very much the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Wow man - couldnt have said it better myself!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Morale has been horrible for 5 years. Most of us are unsatisfied and overworked. Development opportunities are slim. "Work life balance" is horrible, you live to work.

The business model isn't working. Mature market profit margins are slim and new markets need to be funded well, yet funding is destructively short sighted. So we're in a tight spot. Old ways aren't working. If we stay the same, we sink. Yet if we change constantly, so too do we sink. It's time to layout a plan with enough patience to keep cool and stick to it.

I did not elect to leave, and was not rif'd. Yet I will go to sleep tonight wondering if leaving would have ultimately been for the best. I frequently regret ever electing to come to the company. Year after year, the job gets more demanding and compensation erodes.

The ethics of this company are shaky. We walk a very thin line compared to other companies within and outside of the industry. For example, people here are rif'd based on two things: political "perceptions" and value added. The problem is, if they don't "perceive" that you're valuable, you will be put on the weaker projects which get cut first. Then they say the rif is all just funding related which is a lie. Meanwhile they hire more people just to lay off more next year. Another example is the diversity initiative, to hire and fill quotas and develop women and people of color; it's merely is a veiled means to collect government contract monies contingent on compliance to affirmative action plans, yet we make believe it's some sincere business strategy to tap into a wealth of new perspective which is a lie. Yet they see fit to pump us full with rhetoric on the importance of "trust and respect", "straight talk", "candor", train us on the OZ principle to hold us accountable not just to our jobs but also those in the gaps around us, and trumpet the virtues of "living the mission".

We have 3 priorities in the balance of daily decisions: quality, cost, and timeline - and they are all ranked #1! All 3 are of essential importance, and all 3 compete against each other. The reward we get for achieving this trifecta is... we survive for the moment and get rif'd on the last Thursday of every April.
RW?
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Morale has been horrible for 5 years. Most of us are unsatisfied and overworked. Development opportunities are slim. "Work life balance" is horrible, you live to work.

The business model isn't working. Mature market profit margins are slim and new markets need to be funded well, yet funding is destructively short sighted. So we're in a tight spot. Old ways aren't working. If we stay the same, we sink. Yet if we change constantly, so too do we sink. It's time to layout a plan with enough patience to keep cool and stick to it.

I did not elect to leave, and was not rif'd. Yet I will go to sleep tonight wondering if leaving would have ultimately been for the best. I frequently regret ever electing to come to the company. Year after year, the job gets more demanding and compensation erodes.

The ethics of this company are shaky. We walk a very thin line compared to other companies within and outside of the industry. For example, people here are rif'd based on two things: political "perceptions" and value added. The problem is, if they don't "perceive" that you're valuable, you will be put on the weaker projects which get cut first. Then they say the rif is all just funding related which is a lie. Meanwhile they hire more people just to lay off more next year. Another example is the diversity initiative, to hire and fill quotas and develop women and people of color; it's merely is a veiled means to collect government contract monies contingent on compliance to affirmative action plans, yet we make believe it's some sincere business strategy to tap into a wealth of new perspective which is a lie. Yet they see fit to pump us full with rhetoric on the importance of "trust and respect", "straight talk", "candor", train us on the OZ principle to hold us accountable not just to our jobs but also those in the gaps around us, and trumpet the virtues of "living the mission".

We have 3 priorities in the balance of daily decisions: quality, cost, and timeline - and they are all ranked #1! All 3 are of essential importance, and all 3 compete against each other. The reward we get for achieving this trifecta is... we survive for the moment and get rif'd on the last Thursday of every April.
You have too many questions on why you should stay with MDT and not enough reasons to stay...so leave. Find a job where you spend less time reading between the lines of every decision and won't question company motives and actions. You are making it way to stressful and complicated on yourself.

Look after your own well being. No company can or will.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You have too many questions on why you should stay with MDT and not enough reasons to stay...so leave. Find a job where you spend less time reading between the lines of every decision and won't question company motives and actions. You are making it way to stressful and complicated on yourself.

Look after your own well being. No company can or will.
He/she will come to that conclusion and will leave, and will be better for it. Opportunities are tight. Your comments sound more company-line than concerned. That previous post was largely accurate. Mdt has always posed for years as a company that is 'different', or 'better' or 'mission-driven', compared to competitors or others. That's how they kept people. Now all of sudden, it's the same. Well, which is it? This 'ain't your daddy'd mdt anymore', for sure. You are right, no different. It's ok to admit it. They've lost that shine and have a bit more dirt on them. MBA's were brought in to clean and simply threw more dirt on. First ask the top 50 suits to state the current stock price. Follow that by asking them to recite the mission. 1 outta 2 ain't bad...in baseball.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Amen . There is the official mission and then there is the real mission. MDT suits dont really give a s--- about the field . You are just a pin on the map! Nothing personal you know! Haha. Just business you understand. Integrity, Loyalty and producing results means nothing if your territory is targeted for deletion.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Nothing will happen till at least next week. They get you to load and suck as much out of you today..doesn't even matter if you make AOP.. The decision was made weeks ago...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Amen . There is the official mission and then there is the real mission. MDT suits dont really give a s--- about the field . You are just a pin on the map! Nothing personal you know! Haha. Just business you understand. Integrity, Loyalty and producing results means nothing if your territory is targeted for deletion.
I guess you have to go back farther than 7 years ago (my start in CRM) to be in a time when the field reps were more than just a "pin on the map", but isn't it inevitable that companies this large are going to evolve into bureaucratic nightmares. It's the down-side of growth. When there were only three layers between a rep and the top...it would stand to reason that there would be more of a kindred spirit going on...particularly because all 3 rungs probably carried a bag at some point.

So, this return to the leaner organization of the past is probably the "logical" Red Herring that Omar and Friends prop up when their RIFF'ing is called into question. In fact, the truth is that the market has not and will not progress like all the thousand-pound heads assumed. So, now it makes more sense to put the veteran field force to the sword: for two reasons.

1) They are expensive since their salaries are a holdover from ASPs gone by.

2) They can be replaced by starving college students who can be trained to place a wand over a fully-automated device and read the numbers that pop up on the homescreen (at a 1/4 of the cost of the Old Guard).

These newbies will gladly work 80 hours a week and be on call for the 90k...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
He/she will come to that conclusion and will leave, and will be better for it. Opportunities are tight. Your comments sound more company-line than concerned. That previous post was largely accurate. Mdt has always posed for years as a company that is 'different', or 'better' or 'mission-driven', compared to competitors or others. That's how they kept people. Now all of sudden, it's the same. Well, which is it? This 'ain't your daddy'd mdt anymore', for sure. You are right, no different. It's ok to admit it. They've lost that shine and have a bit more dirt on them. MBA's were brought in to clean and simply threw more dirt on. First ask the top 50 suits to state the current stock price. Follow that by asking them to recite the mission. 1 outta 2 ain't bad...in baseball.
I'm concerned, just pointing out that this person appears unhappy for some time and has thought through the reasons why the job is no longer desirable. The company, its' people, and its' culture, are only as good as the environment it chooses to conform to and compete in. This was a stable, generous, family oriented company for many years and it's reasonable to long for those years to return. The environment changed and to remain competitive and profitable something had to change. Does the Mission mean the same as it did when it was conceived and the company consisted of 1,000 employees versus what it is today at 40,000? How could it? There are so many moving parts now that feeling on the fringe of decisions, not having a clear picture of the future, and seeming like a number is, well, pretty accurate and not for everybody. When they wrote the second amendment for the "Right to Bear Arms" I doubt they were thinking AK-47's, M-16's and rocket launchers. Likewise, we don't just sell pacemakers anymore!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm concerned, just pointing out that this person appears unhappy for some time and has thought through the reasons why the job is no longer desirable. The company, its' people, and its' culture, are only as good as the environment it chooses to conform to and compete in. This was a stable, generous, family oriented company for many years and it's reasonable to long for those years to return. The environment changed and to remain competitive and profitable something had to change. Does the Mission mean the same as it did when it was conceived and the company consisted of 1,000 employees versus what it is today at 40,000? How could it? There are so many moving parts now that feeling on the fringe of decisions, not having a clear picture of the future, and seeming like a number is, well, pretty accurate and not for everybody. When they wrote the second amendment for the "Right to Bear Arms" I doubt they were thinking AK-47's, M-16's and rocket launchers. Likewise, we don't just sell pacemakers anymore!
Your concern is touching. I'm happy for the chap. He's sifting through your corp bs and is thinking clearly. When the time is right for him, he'll move, and you'll call him disloyal. What answers did you come up with? Please don't cut and paste to bore us. You paid way too much for your MBA. The mission, similar I guess to your reference to the 2nd amendment, is a guiding principle. It ABSOLUTELY means the same as the day it was written. Hell, you all bark about the very fact that it hasn't changed. It hasn't, you all have. It makes no mention of pacemakers, but of principles. Specifically created as such to keep hacks like you from telling us it should be different. The right to bear arms is just that, arms - it didn't say arrows or stones. It was meant to be timeless, just like the mission. Why is it that people like you think the world needs you to define things, or build walls around us to guide our thinking? Why not just change the mission (no, I won't capitalize it) so that it agrees with your business principles, then at least you'd have some integrity remaining.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
When they wrote the second amendment for the "Right to Bear Arms" I doubt they were thinking AK-47's, M-16's and rocket launchers. Likewise, we don't just sell pacemakers anymore!
Yea!!!! Let's argue about the Second Amendement. That's what this boring board needs--a little excitement.

Here's the text:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

So...they type of arms used by a militia. I'm sure that just meant deer rifles and duck guns. Get outta here!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Your concern is touching. I'm happy for the chap. He's sifting through your corp bs and is thinking clearly. When the time is right for him, he'll move, and you'll call him disloyal. What answers did you come up with? Please don't cut and paste to bore us. You paid way too much for your MBA. The mission, similar I guess to your reference to the 2nd amendment, is a guiding principle. It ABSOLUTELY means the same as the day it was written. Hell, you all bark about the very fact that it hasn't changed. It hasn't, you all have. It makes no mention of pacemakers, but of principles. Specifically created as such to keep hacks like you from telling us it should be different. The right to bear arms is just that, arms - it didn't say arrows or stones. It was meant to be timeless, just like the mission. Why is it that people like you think the world needs you to define things, or build walls around us to guide our thinking? Why not just change the mission (no, I won't capitalize it) so that it agrees with your business principles, then at least you'd have some integrity remaining.
I would never call someone disloyal because they out grew the company or the company out grew them. You can't agree that the Mission means the same to those that started with MDT vs. today's employees and that's not a bad thing. I doubt "emerging markets" was a hot topic back then and the thought of one day buying up numerous businesses to expand the portfolio of MDT offerings was embraced and embodied in the mission statement. So goes the people who work within MDT who have been asked to take on additional responsibilities, assigned to projects they weren't originally hired for, reassigned to positions they were not initially hired for, seen younger employees hired and promoted faster than they were...etc...etc...etc..this all leads to the feeling of not valued, being used, pushed aside, which to some becomes too overwhelming to endure. The thrill of the climb, big paychecks, bonuses and raises has subsided, but those conditioned to those days can't let go and poke holes and fun at management decisions that are focused more on sustainability, new opportunities, and remaining functional and profitable in poor market conditions.

MDT stability was counted on for years and it appears the OP I responded to was a part of those good ole days gone by. You can't expect a company not to change when everything around it is. New leadership and new corporate direction is needed and that will appeal to some and not to others.

It's rare to hear long time employees ever agree to changes in corp direction or leadership. It's all about our outlook and how we embrace change that determines our success in the organization. Some choose to hang it up and call it "Corp BS", like you did. Some take it as a challenge to re-inventing themselves,...like I do.

A little about me....I hold a non-management job. Have not been with MDT long but have been with competitors. MDT is, hands down, more secure, generous to employees, relaxed, provides more future opportunities and fun to work for. Trust me..the grass is not greener and you would be very disappointed working anywhere else in this industry.

Hope this helps some of you who are "on the fence" about staying at MDT.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

RW?[/quote]

No, Rufus Wainwright probably has better things to do...

The majority of us are looking around for new jobs. It's delicate though - you want to find one on your own terms and it's tricky and extremely political to move within the company. Plus, many postings are nothing more than legal formalities to cover their butts while they fill the posting with someone they hand-picked through social networks. People need to be very cautious and think twice if they're considering working in this company or industry. You will be a hard worked tool until they no longer need you or you piss off a vocal superior, all the while being force-fed new flavor of the month business practices and sustaining lectures about meeting impossible goals...under a constantly changing structure and funding platform. Picture trying to shoot a bullseye while standing on a floating log and having somebody yodeling in one ear while you're asked to count backwards from 100 by 3's.

On the other hand, it's at-will employment for both sides so we all have the choice. Just don't go in blind and be duped into thinking it's rosy in there. Go in with your game face on and be ready for anything.

Make sure you do your homework and be prepared to ask lots of questions before accepting the offer. Hint: You may not be doing the job they hire you to do. One reason is that project funding can change from the time they make the posting to the time you accept it. Another reason is that they define roles "creatively" compared to the rest of the world. Your official title on the paycheck may not reflect the hiring title or payband reference for the job you do but they hand-wave around it.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
RW?
No, Rufus Wainwright probably has better things to do...

The majority of us are looking around for new jobs. It's delicate though - you want to find one on your own terms and it's tricky and extremely political to move within the company. Plus, many postings are nothing more than legal formalities to cover their butts while they fill the posting with someone they hand-picked through social networks. People need to be very cautious and think twice if they're considering working in this company or industry. You will be a hard worked tool until they no longer need you or you piss off a vocal superior, all the while being force-fed new flavor of the month business practices and sustaining lectures about meeting impossible goals...under a constantly changing structure and funding platform. Picture trying to shoot a bullseye while standing on a floating log and having somebody yodeling in one ear while you're asked to count backwards from 100 by 3's.

On the other hand, it's at-will employment for both sides so we all have the choice. Just don't go in blind and be duped into thinking it's rosy in there. Go in with your game face on and be ready for anything.

Make sure you do your homework and be prepared to ask lots of questions before accepting the offer. Hint: You may not be doing the job they hire you to do. One reason is that project funding can change from the time they make the posting to the time you accept it. Another reason is that they define roles "creatively" compared to the rest of the world. Your official title on the paycheck may not reflect the hiring title or payband reference for the job you do but they hand-wave around it.[/quote]

You just described every non-union company in America. Perhaps a union job best suits your style. Defined role, no surprises, file a grievance if you don't like what your boss said or asked you to do, or how they asked you, double time after 12 hours Golden time after 16 hours, pay your dues, feel no loyalty towards the company just towards the union.

America is beutiful...something for everybody!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Just fire Terry Roberts (CRM douchebag Manager in Memphis/MS). That will get this thing turned around for me. Every day I have to wake up and go to work in that idiot's region is a bad day. Never met more of a crooked fake person in my life.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Trust me..the grass is not greener and you would be very disappointed working anywhere else in this industry.
Trust me THE GRASS IS GREENER. I have been gone a year and I could not be happier. All my friends that I talk to regularly are miserable. You dont realize how bad things are a MDT until you are gone. I now have a job that I love, work with people that are happy to be there, dont worry about being laid off all the time, and am not forced by HR to fill my group quotas on the Blueprint for Change.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Trust me THE GRASS IS GREENER. I have been gone a year and I could not be happier. All my friends that I talk to regularly are miserable. You dont realize how bad things are a MDT until you are gone. I now have a job that I love, work with people that are happy to be there, dont worry about being laid off all the time, and am not forced by HR to fill my group quotas on the Blueprint for Change.
You were fired or riff'd which I can understand you were given no choice but to leave. I'm talking to people currently at MDT who are thinking of leaving. You don't apply to this thread. Why won't you say where you work if it's so great? Must not be that happy!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You were fired or riff'd which I can understand you were given no choice but to leave. I'm talking to people currently at MDT who are thinking of leaving. You don't apply to this thread. Why won't you say where you work if it's so great? Must not be that happy!
The title of this thread is "Layoff" and you're an idiot!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The title of this thread is "Layoff" and you're an idiot!
Ok...I can read! So where do you work Mr. Happy? Still on CP while you're at work? You must be a solid, productive employee checking in with your miserable pal's at MDT discussing the "good ole" days when you would sit around and do nothing and then complain when you had to work.

For being so happy I wonder compels you to come back to this thread. Most people that move on and are really happy don't look back and keep going. But not you...why? A little bitter are we? Hurry, look overe your shoulder someone is watching you on CP on company time!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Ok...I can read! So where do you work Mr. Happy? Still on CP while you're at work? You must be a solid, productive employee checking in with your miserable pal's at MDT discussing the "good ole" days when you would sit around and do nothing and then complain when you had to work.

For being so happy I wonder compels you to come back to this thread. Most people that move on and are really happy don't look back and keep going. But not you...why? A little bitter are we? Hurry, look overe your shoulder someone is watching you on CP on company time!!
Hmmmm, looks like you're the one who nees to get off of CP and do your job on company time, unless you're one of the ones who they actually pay to pour the company kool-aid on sites like this. In that case, what a lame job.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Hmmmm, looks like you're the one who nees to get off of CP and do your job on company time, unless you're one of the ones who they actually pay to pour the company kool-aid on sites like this. In that case, what a lame job.
At least I'm happy and not worrying about where I use to be.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
At least I'm happy and not worrying about where I use to be.
Give it time,.................give it time. You'll get RIFF'd too.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You were fired or riff'd which I can understand you were given no choice but to leave. I'm talking to people currently at MDT who are thinking of leaving. You don't apply to this thread. Why won't you say where you work if it's so great? Must not be that happy!
Attn all job seekers: You're witnessing in action the new managment culture here. When pressed for truth or proven to be slightly off the mark, mgmt employs bullying tactics, condescending talk and sarcatic name calling. He essentially admits he's a paid company mole on cf, then arrogantly tells others who this thread applies to. I love it!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Attn all job seekers: You're witnessing in action the new managment culture here. When pressed for truth or proven to be slightly off the mark, mgmt employs bullying tactics, condescending talk and sarcatic name calling. ...
This is true. I think it's the condescending talk that gets to me the most. No, maybe it's the bullying. I was hoping these sorts of people would be weeded out, but maybe this IS the management culture. I've seen it in an old-timer, too, so maybe it's nothing new.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Attn all job seekers: You're witnessing in action the new managment culture here. When pressed for truth or proven to be slightly off the mark, mgmt employs bullying tactics, condescending talk and sarcatic name calling. He essentially admits he's a paid company mole on cf, then arrogantly tells others who this thread applies to. I love it!
E

Wow. Fear and loathing on the interweb
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is true. I think it's the condescending talk that gets to me the most. No, maybe it's the bullying. I was hoping these sorts of people would be weeded out, but maybe this IS the management culture. I've seen it in an old-timer, too, so maybe it's nothing new.
There was no name calling nor bullying. Calling out...yes. Just curious why ex-employees take the time to bash MDT then claim how much happier they are yet won't say what they're doing now nor give any details or examples of why MDT is such a bad company to work for. How can you have an opinion without purpose or meaning? It amuses me and then you claim any request to identify your issues is called, "Bullying". Very odd.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
There was no name calling nor bullying. Calling out...yes. Just curious why ex-employees take the time to bash MDT then claim how much happier they are yet won't say what they're doing now nor give any details or examples of why MDT is such a bad company to work for. How can you have an opinion without purpose or meaning? It amuses me and then you claim any request to identify your issues is called, "Bullying". Very odd.

What does knowing the specific place I work accomplish? *Bottom line is I am so much happier and I now see just how bad things are at MDT.*

The biggest issue I see is the company has lost its focus on the mission. It used to be core to what we did,, now it's just words to many people. For example, the mission states:

"To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success."

How many people feel like they have security? *I know very few.*

What about this:

"To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations....."

What is a "fair profit?" MDT is making BILLIONS in profits every year yet they have been laying people off left and right. Is that fair or is that greed?

I could go on and on about how many in leadership are dishonest with the employees. I could give specific examples of how I witnessed management telling employees false information just to try to give them false hope. Bottom line is the culture of honesty and integrity that once existed is no longer there. Sad.*
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
What does knowing the specific place I work accomplish? *Bottom line is I am so much happier and I now see just how bad things are at MDT.*

The biggest issue I see is the company has lost its focus on the mission. It used to be core to what we did,, now it's just words to many people. For example, the mission states:

"To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success."

How many people feel like they have security? *I know very few.*

What about this:

"To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations....."

What is a "fair profit?" MDT is making BILLIONS in profits every year yet they have been laying people off left and right. Is that fair or is that greed?

I could go on and on about how many in leadership are dishonest with the employees. I could give specific examples of how I witnessed management telling employees false information just to try to give them false hope. Bottom line is the culture of honesty and integrity that once existed is no longer there. Sad.*
I don't even recognize this company anymore. Nothing is forever but this company was once the class of the industry, and not because it was the biggest, but because it was lead by class individuals who were truly invested in the business personally and professionally. Today's leadership is extremely shallow and will never have the depth that we once saw.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
What does knowing the specific place I work accomplish? *Bottom line is I am so much happier and I now see just how bad things are at MDT.*

The biggest issue I see is the company has lost its focus on the mission. It used to be core to what we did,, now it's just words to many people. For example, the mission states:

"To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success."

How many people feel like they have security? *I know very few.*

What about this:

"To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations....."

What is a "fair profit?" MDT is making BILLIONS in profits every year yet they have been laying people off left and right. Is that fair or is that greed?

I could go on and on about how many in leadership are dishonest with the employees. I could give specific examples of how I witnessed management telling employees false information just to try to give them false hope. Bottom line is the culture of honesty and integrity that once existed is no longer there. Sad.*
This is a much more meaningful repsonse from your previous attempts. It's unfortunate MDT did not live up to your expectations but now that you are somewhere better it shouldn't matter. Take the experience from MDT and apply it to something positive in your new job. Spending time thinking about your past negative experiences is not healthy and can hold you back from creating better experiences in your future.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is a much more meaningful repsonse from your previous attempts. It's unfortunate MDT did not live up to your expectations but now that you are somewhere better it shouldn't matter. Take the experience from MDT and apply it to something positive in your new job. Spending time thinking about your past negative experiences is not healthy and can hold you back from creating better experiences in your future.
Oopies! Condescending yet again. Is it intentional? Can you see it in yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Oopies! Condescending yet again. Is it intentional? Can you see it in yourself?
I'll leave you now to ponder.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'll leave you now to ponder.
Nooooo! Don't leave me! What ever will I do without your AMAZING unsolicited advice?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Villalba PR Site continues with the terror management..."RIF" and hire...
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is a much more meaningful repsonse from your previous attempts. It's unfortunate MDT did not live up to your expectations but now that you are somewhere better it shouldn't matter. Take the experience from MDT and apply it to something positive in your new job. Spending time thinking about your past negative experiences is not healthy and can hold you back from creating better experiences in your future.
I disagree that it hold me back. I view it as a service to my former coworkers. Fish don't know they are in the water.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Oopies! Condescending yet again. Is it intentional? Can you see it in yourself?
This is how they get at MDT when you've struck a chord of truth. It's a cover device. It works on some.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I disagree that it hold me back. I view it as a service to my former coworkers. Fish don't know they are in the water.
So you're calling your friends stupid or you think you're their savior? Perhaps your friends find enjoyment in their job at MDt that you were unable to obtain or hold onto. Just a thought. Sounds maybe like you're trying to do a sell job on your buddies and you're bragging how happy you are at your new job may not be the signal you want to be sending them. Just another thought.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
So you're calling your friends stupid or you think you're their savior? Perhaps your friends find enjoyment in their job at MDt that you were unable to obtain or hold onto. Just a thought. Sounds maybe like you're trying to do a sell job on your buddies and you're bragging how happy you are at your new job may not be the signal you want to be sending them. Just another thought.
Yes, I'm calling my friends stupid, and I think I'm their savior. I got my condescending attitude at MDT. It's hard to stop, but I take it one day at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
So you're calling your friends stupid or you think you're their savior? Perhaps your friends find enjoyment in their job at MDt that you were unable to obtain or hold onto. Just a thought. Sounds maybe like you're trying to do a sell job on your buddies and you're bragging how happy you are at your new job may not be the signal you want to be sending them. Just another thought.
Thank you for your thoughts. If only we didn't need you to help us think. Who is treating who like they are stupid? You offend most every reader here with your comments. Please keep talking. The more you talk, the less others have to say. Your attitude epitomizes the very behavior that can turn people off to industry reps and companies. The arrogance is astounding. And yes, you're getting paid to spew it. The mere fact that you think it's presenting you and your company in a positive light is a tribute to the arrogance. I've never seen such a desperate, manipulated attempt to deflect poor morale.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Speaking of the mission. I used to "strive without reserve" for people like this, but then I found out I was a sucker. Live and learn.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Speaking of the mission. I used to "strive without reserve" for people like this, but then I found out I was a sucker. Live and learn.
(To clarify, I didn't get laid off. My issue was different. I think layoffs are necessary, especially if they are targeted to deadwood.)
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
(To clarify, I didn't get laid off. My issue was different. I think layoffs are necessary, especially if they are targeted to deadwood.)
What is a assjunkie?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
(To clarify, I didn't get laid off. My issue was different. I think layoffs are necessary, especially if they are targeted to deadwood.)
Regardless of why you are no longer with MDT, it's clear you are having a difficult time letting go. Let me draw your attention back to your own words, "I view it as a service to my former coworkers." The "Service" you are providing is, what, exactly?

A company decision was made to keep your friends and not you. This was probably an embarrassiing experience and I'm sorry for that.

I would like to point out your double standard on the meaning of arrogance. By you expecting your "co-workers" to respond to your encouraging words of how "Happy" you are and how miserable they must still be, is an arrogant assumption on your part. Meaning, they clearly avoided whatever caused you to lose your job and successfully navigated a path you were unable to follow, yet you want them to follow your lead out the door???? Now that is arrogance. Separate your "personal pain" from passing it on to others and reconsider what you value as "Service"
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Layoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Regardless of why you are no longer with MDT, it's clear you are having a difficult time letting go. Let me draw your attention back to your own words, "I view it as a service to my former coworkers." The "Service" you are providing is, what, exactly?

A company decision was made to keep your friends and not you. This was probably an embarrassiing experience and I'm sorry for that.

I would like to point out your double standard on the meaning of arrogance. By you expecting your "co-workers" to respond to your encouraging words of how "Happy" you are and how miserable they must still be, is an arrogant assumption on your part. Meaning, they clearly avoided whatever caused you to lose your job and successfully navigated a path you were unable to follow, yet you want them to follow your lead out the door???? Now that is arrogance. Separate your "personal pain" from passing it on to others and reconsider what you value as "Service"
Why is this thread going so long? I am watching burnt Offerings.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.