Managers meeting told story of this company

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just got back from the meeting. It was such a negative week, and really solidified what we've been thinking about this company for so long.
    I did not talk with ONE person who was happy. I did not hear one conversation that was positive. I left the meeting knowing hat I will be searching for a job next week.
    Everyone at that meeting was running scared. I am not scared-but you bet I'll be running.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an outsider from a different pharma company, what makes it so bad? Trust me - there are alot worse companies out there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is pretty funny because you are not with this company. So how would you know how bad things are here or not? And why are you on this page? And not that it matters but I agree that this managers meeting sucked. Everyone there was pissed off and job searching. The company has turned into a joke.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sad to read this....It is my thought that once the two companies merged (Yama & Fuji), a new (not BETTER) culture developed. The two companies as "stand alone" companies were pleasant companies to work for. Once the merger took place and the need to become "larger"..."global entities" etc became the goal, individuals were recruited from other companies (individuals who did not share the original visions of these companies). Thus a "new" NOT BETTER culture developed.

The "middle management" (ie DSMs and especially RSMs who were hired with minimal experience), changed the complexion of the company, and not for the BETTER! This is the "side effect" of hiring people who were not recruited originally to form the culture of these two companies.

Those hired from year 2006 on are the main culprits. I'll bet you can think of many examples of this as you reflect on the managers who were hired during this period!

Very few of the original Reps (the Yama 135), highly recommended, highly skilled, well seasoned, high performers remain. And only a handful of the original managers remain. The managers hired from 2006 on, didn't come CLOSE to possessing the credentials of the original ones.....THIS is the reason there are so many unhappy individuals...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C'mon man! Veteran sales rep here. You guys are supposed to be in leadership. How about standing up to these big pharma micro managing distrustful and phony a-holes. If all of you keep showing up and saying "what a great idea" how do you expect change? I'm speaking of course to the 1/3 of you who have management skills. I realize 2/3 of the room are yes men who had 2 good sales years in a row & were automatically manager material. Seriously, where is the leadership? Help us.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true,a rep has a few good years or maybe even one good year and all of a sudden they're management material? All of pharma needs to hire people who are leaders or at least inhibit leadership skills. Not yes men/women. Such a lack of leadership in business and governement. There's no leadership here because everyone hates being in pharma. It's a job you have no control over. Partners in sales? Hire quality folks, not former pharma reps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is SOOOOO True. One of the root problems in this industry and most certainly at Astellas. Dm's and RSD's and ASD's with no Balls and worse - no imagination in their leadership. Everyone is so protective of their BS job - and playing the game that they are actually producing something positive for the company, they have stopped being leaders. So they suck and swallow what get's jacked in their direction and mindlessly regurgitate to their teams whatever is said at these meeting - the thought of fighting for a better way forward for their people, their teams, their geography is lost! This is what happened in the 1930's in Germany and look where that led.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I wouldn't use the same language as poster 7, they are correct. Managers you get no respect because you show no leadership. Just because Deerfield said you were qualified doesn't mean anybody else believes you are. You want to motivate? Want increased performance? Lead.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster 7 may have chosen unsavory language, but at the end of the day--it's spot on. People want to be lead. Yet there is no strong leadership in this sinking ship. Someone please step up and show you have the cajones to challenge some of the stupid ideas and regulations which everyone mindlessly accepts and goosesteps forward. All the while saying..."Nothing can be done...Nothing can be done... increase your sales, show MS growth, show sustained improvment in rapport with your customers - why would our customers want anything to do with a rep who cannot legally do anything but bring them 3-4 year old studies, maketing pieces, ask them stupid rhetorical questions and offer them a sandwhich no more than a few times a year... "use my product...it works..it's safe! ..I'm your friend -- Please, use more, I have to make some bonus!" ICK. I'd throw your ass out of my office as well

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

frightened...ineffective managers pretty much sums up a lot of what has gone wrong with this co. They promoted to many yes-men and women who are more concerned about their own career status week to week than standing up for something or standing against something.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RSMs are the ones who get the beat-down here. If you don't believe me, ask the 5 that are on "short term medical leave" right now...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathetic to hear that managers have had to resort to these means. However, the reps have had to feel the heat for a lot longer!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is unfortunate that this is the truth, but if leadership is needed, all you will get is 'Survivor-ship'....That is right..... SDs are being directed to hit managers hard and drive lower performing reps from the past 3 years out..... in July you will see. Everyone is trying to survive in an environment that has only one product that is almost 7.5 yrs old and not much on the horizon with the big M DOA when it arrives.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, people will be forced out before the end of June to screw them out of bonus payouts. This is a very shitty practice of Astellas.