» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Specialty Pharmacies > Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion Anonymous board for general discussion regarding specialty pharmacies

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.37 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Anonymous

Default DermaTran

Anyone know the scoop on this company?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: DermaTran

Yes, I know quite abit about it. I used to work for the Pharm D who strated this venture.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes, I know quite abit about it. I used to work for the Pharm D who strated this venture.
Great, can you share any details about him and the company. Have you looked at what they are offering?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So is Rob Gussenhoven the one who came up with the cream formulations. What else can you tell us about them?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Anonymous

Yes, Rob came up with this batch of particular formulations. He always claimed it was his IP, but as we know you cannot patent or protect this type of info. There are numerous compounding pharmacies out there. CPS, TPS, Sheffield, Transdermal, OPCrx all basically have the same formulations with a few tweeks to them. Its a niche type of therapeutic product and alot of physicians are having success with them on their patients.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Anonymous

I got a call from a recruiter regarding this company. Any thoughts on the long term future of this company? What type of total compensation seems realistic?

It seems like a very interesting opportunity. I am very tired of big pharma!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Anonymous

Every state faces different challenges when it comes to compounding. The industry has a ton of challenges since there are many companies who gave the industry a bad wrap with their greed. What state are you in?
Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Anonymous

Rob worked for all the companies you listed. Please get your facts straight
Old 08-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Anonymous

TPS has nothing to do with any of these other Pharmacies listed. Get your facts straight before you post.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Anonymous

Transdermal Therapeutics has nothing to do with these other pharmacies. Once again get your facts straight on those involved before passing judgement.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Anonymous

For more info. check this out:

http://www.birminghamobserver.com/.....armacies-in-ru...

Since this article published, OPC is presently not compounding any products.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Anonymous

TPS and Transdermal are not the ones being investigated. The other Pharmacies are. That says it all.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Anonymous

Is DermaTran a compounding pharmacy or a wholesale compounding pharmacy? Are there problems here? Thanks for your response!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Anonymous

Does this job offer a base salary?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Anonymous

Thank you! I know that compound pharmacies can't produce large volume unless they have a manufacturer's license. I don't know if they have this certification. I am not comfortable with this at all.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Anonymous

This makes absolutely no sense. A compound pharmacy does not need to have a manufacturers license-there is no such license for a cp for starters? A Pharmacy can compound as much as they want, million scripts a day they just need to stay within pharmacy regs....

If anyone needs to get their information on Cafepharma, or relies on Cafepharma, then you really are lacking some basic networking skills and industry knowledge.

Cafepharma Message Board=garbage in, garbage out. To this poster, do you disagree with this comment?

PS-I do know some reps in Med Device/Pharma who have made over 5 figures a week. But this FACT will get lost with the ignorance of comments likes manufacturers license...oh that is a funny one.

Quote:
Thank you! I know that compound pharmacies can't produce large volume unless they have a manufacturer's license. I don't know if they have this certification. I am not comfortable with this at all.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Anonymous

Treading on thin ICE!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Anonymous

What part(s) of this thread is treading on "Thin Ice".

Quote:
Treading on thin ICE!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Anonymous

Whoever is answering does not know what they are talking about
dermatran was not raided by anyone and is only been around for 3 months.Dermatran is the only compounding pharmacy that I have seen that IS playing by the rules therefore as a bright future.
You should look at Dermatran, I think it is here to stay
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not necessarily....the same partners left before the pharmacy started to double and even triple in size. Also, DT is not run by them-the DT owner is a great person, and also will not venture in many of the gray areas of compounding. I find him to be very knowledgable about how to navigate in a relatively unregulated industry, and how to put appropriate risk management measures in place so any surprised will be minimized. This company is in it for the long haul, like it or not.
So who is Derma run by? BTW: this is an open forum where can people can have these type of discussions. The only people that really care if Derma is around for the long haul are those that are out here on this forum adamantly defending the company and the people there.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Anonymous

The nature of Compounding these days. The shot heard around the compounding world with SEC/RUSSELLVILLE/OPC has shaken the industry up. Longevity depends on as much on whether these guys continue to resort to cannibalism. Hope someone is smart enough to see the bigger picture rather than bringing their enemies down...
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Anonymous

OPC may be shut down but they are just going to move their doctor database and their sales force over to Dermatran.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Anonymous

Hahahaha! And TPS has an archery store in the basement. Yeah....CLASS act!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Anonymous

There is too much back and forth, it's hard to keep it all straight. Will someone please answer the following questions:

1. Has OPC re-opened? What are the charges filed against them?

2. Who are the industry leaders of compounding ?

3. Does anyone has any information regarding Focused Pain Relief? They're based in NY
and seem to be very good about making sure everything they do is legal and up-to-date.

4. What is a good website to find clinical research on a transdermal drug efficacy?

Thank you!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Anonymous

All good questions I would like to know as well...

I am trying to decide between taking a marketing position with Focused Pain Relief or Dermatran. Trying to do my research to help me decide and found this thread.

Interesting info, and maybe someone here can clarify for me but I checked for state licensure for Dermatran and, although their website states 3 pharmacy locations, Georgia, Kentucky and California, I did not see that they were actually licensed in California (Other two states, yes). I wanted to relocate out West and was considering Dermatran but if they are not licensed in California can they operate there??

And what of Focused Pain Relief. Anyone work for them?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: DermaTran

So, does everyone here on this board get what Gussenhoven is saying? "Leave me and Sam alone!!!"
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So, does everyone here on this board get what Gussenhoven is saying? "Leave me and Sam alone!!!"

LOL!!!! That does sound like Gussenhoven - talking a lot but not saying anything!!! Or maybe it's Art!!! LOL!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That is hysterical! Anyone who bases a decision, I mean any decision, on a public message board is just, well, must be missing a chromosome. I can't stop laughing. Going in the other direction-you should be on stage! BAHAHAHAHAH...and the Plot thickens-agreed, this does read like a novel.

I do know when I was there over a year ago I found out that these guys DO NOT like each other and definitely are not all partners, friends, well a couple are family but still hate each other and they dont run in the same circles....at least outside of being in the compound pharmacy industry but that includes thousands of pharmacies nationwide.

But the Plot thickens, like a good B movie, which is all it would amount too. Not very interesting.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE IN-HOUSE CHEERLEADER!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 PM
cafepharma newbie

Quote:
All good questions I would like to know as well...

I am trying to decide between taking a marketing position with Focused Pain Relief or Dermatran. Trying to do my research to help me decide and found this thread.

Interesting info, and maybe someone here can clarify for me but I checked for state licensure for Dermatran and, although their website states 3 pharmacy locations, Georgia, Kentucky and California, I did not see that they were actually licensed in California (Other two states, yes). I wanted to relocate out West and was considering Dermatran but if they are not licensed in California can they operate there??

And what of Focused Pain Relief. Anyone work for them?
Yes I do .. I am in charge of National Pharmacy Operations. The Redding location is waiting for the California Board of Pharmacy to issue a pharmacy license. We expect that to be any day now. Until we are licensed we aren't dispensing to California patients.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous, you certainly are angry. The sad thing is these products really help patients.

Anyway, from what I know of Dermatran, they have someone who actually comes on a site like this and identifies himself and answers a legitimate question honestly. They have an owner who will get rid of anyone who may do something that would jeopardize the organization.

There is alot of money to be made in compounding, and by operating conservatively. Alot of patients that can be helped. Even you cant disagree with that last statement.

Quote:
Speaking of good movies - we've all seen this movie before. It is the sequel to "OPC by Franklin Pharmacy"! And it will end the same way - the guys with the three letters on their back will be confiscating documents and partners and owners will start "lawyering up"! Then employees will - again - be out of jobs.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Anonymous

Wondering just what OPC did that was so bad. Give away half of their prescriptions, or at least take a loss. Max copays for patients. Use the best ingredients and pure a.p.i.'s for patients, even Medicare patients. If Medicare had their way, they want pharmacies to grind up tablets, to reverse engineer a tablet that big pharma has spent years developing, making sure that the fillers and the other 95% of the non active ingredient are grinded down as well, and then put in a Topical. At least one could make the case that they operated with the patient in mind-who knew they would get caught up in the SEC/Russellville issues where the real bad seed was located and being investigated, right Rodney. Pretty sad, Pretty slick too Rodnay....

Quote:
Speaking of good movies - we've all seen this movie before. It is the sequel to "OPC by Franklin Pharmacy"! And it will end the same way - the guys with the three letters on their back will be confiscating documents and partners and owners will start "lawyering up"! Then employees will - again - be out of jobs.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
If true, you are sick for bringing this up. If not true, you are sick for bringing this up. Whatever happened was sad, tragic even, and cost alot of people jobs. For what....I can virtually assure you that when all is said and done, even though mistakes were made, it will not even cover the costs that were associated with the raid, the investigation and all the costs associated with it. More than that, the patients lose out, the providers lose out for what largely is Government bureaucracy and waste. My understanding is even the FBI said "I don't know why we are even here", and there was alot of good being done for patients..
They were there because what they were doing was illegal, very illegal regardless if you think it shouldnt be. Other pharmacies were abiding by the law, why should the Sheffield guys have gotten a free pass?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Anonymous

I don't know the particulars, but the Sheffield folks should NOT have gotten away with anything that they were doing that was illegal (perhaps you can share what is was that they were doing)....
I am saying that it was too bad that the actions of SEC brought in at least one other pharmacy that was doing the right thing by patients and provided quite a bit of medications to patients far below costs-I think over half of the medications send out were at a loss. Many of these patients are no longer able to afford their Pain medications. That is not right on some level. And at least one of these pharmacies (not named SEC) is reopening very soon.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Anonymous

What industry doesnt have a horrible reputation?

Hard to take you seriously when you can't spell pretty basic werds.

How did "some of the staff try the product."? Most have sampled, which most pharmacies have disavowed themselves of completely.

OPC is reopening is word on the street. The same can't be said of SEC.

You can make good $$ if you stick with it. Anyone who relies on CafePharma for their information will absolutely not believe you can make good money and will jump on the bashing bandwagon because Cafepharma quite frankly is primarily for the disgruntled.

I made 6 fugures pretty quick, and have had several $20k/month, some months almost twice this much. The thing is most dont give this the time to make it work, don't give it a second thought, think it has a "horrible reputation",and so on, and all that means is more $$ for those of us who are able to live the good life independant of the micromanagement that is most of healthcare sales today. I hear that Dermatran wants to W-2 reps-lets hope they don't cap pay because they wont keep the producers.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

How did "some of the staff try the product."? Most have sampled, which most pharmacies have disavowed themselves of completely.

You can make good $$ if you stick with it. Anyone who relies on CafePharma for their information will absolutely not believe you can make good money and will jump on the bashing bandwagon because Cafepharma quite frankly is primarily for the disgruntled.

I made 6 fugures pretty quick, and have had several $20k/month, some months almost twice this much. The thing is most dont give this the time to make it work, don't give it a second thought, think it has a "horrible reputation",and so on, and all that means is more $$ for those of us who are able to live the good life independant of the micromanagement that is most of healthcare sales today. I hear that Dermatran wants to W-2 reps-lets hope they don't cap pay because they wont keep the producers.

Now OPC reopening would be interesting. Besides, DermaTran is now calling on all of OPC's doctors.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

If you and the rest of the DermaTran trolls think Cafepharma is for the disgruntled then stop posting out here. And you should check your spelling!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Anonymous

This place is "Rediculous".

No one leaves samples with a schedule. If they do, then I would report them.

OPC, while not perfect, also ran into bad luck. They may continue their plans of opening pharmacies in various parts of the country..?? I know reps making over $25K/Month there that would not go back due to the damage done with how they went about stopping their compounding operations overnight.

Saying that Dermatran is calling on OPC Docs is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. NO ONE WILL EVER make a hill of beans calling on someones former customers. Take it from someone who make 6 figures in past 3 months, there is so much potential out there that I would get out of the mold of calling on former customers of someone else, especially if it is OPC. Like I said, not sending MD or patients letters saying that compounding is voluntarily suspended, suggesting where to fill your Rx's, etc, has riled up alot of physicians against OPC, and compounding in general. If you want to be succesful, call on who you know, and call on pain related docs. Period. If you are a rookie then fine use an old list to get you started, but if you want to get to the point of gaining full independance doing this then you best organize yourself, make calls from 9-5 if not longer, for the first 3 months because you won't make much during this time but will set the table for the 5 figure bonus checks by month 4-5....Otherwise you will be like many others complaining about the industry, badmouthing whomever you worked for or with, spending time on here blasting this and that, and so on. Your best bet is find someone who has made it in this industry, and stay close and reassure yourself through those that have done it, that this can be done.

I have 30+ years in Bio Pharma and never have I seen your mindset deliver.....think about that, but I guarantee your mindset will deliver!

Quote:
Now OPC reopening would be interesting. Besides, DermaTran is now calling on all of OPC's doctors.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Anonymous

I can say that in my shortndealingsnwith this company are nothing but many red flags!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I can say that in my shortndealingsnwith this company are nothing but many red flags!
Such as....? Otherwise, your post is just about as hollow and a waste of space and time. Are you one of the whiners who is not doing well (insert any company name) and starts vague anonymous accusations on the world wide web. You are a dime a dozen.....

However, if you are specific, well then lets Talk/Hear it?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Does this job offer a base salary?
No. Commission vs Draw
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No. Commission vs Draw
I was told that they switched all their reps to W-2 telling them it was illegal to have 1099 reps and collect for TRICARE.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Anonymous

you should check out Prescription Dynamics. Great company only hires 1099 though, been working with them about a year. Sales director will only hire someone with great relationships.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Anonymous

I can't believe a Compounding Pharmacy that knows what they are doing will only hire 1099 reps these days. Dermatran seems to know what they are doing by moving primarily to a W-2 force.....if you don't think that the 1099 v. W-2 is an issue, just look at any major lawfirm that deals with the Compounding Pharmacy space, and you will see them refer to this as a practical necessity moving forward.....

Quote:
you should check out Prescription Dynamics. Great company only hires 1099 though, been working with them about a year. Sales director will only hire someone with great relationships.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Anonymous

Arrow Re: DermaTran

If you want to succeed in the compounding business as a rep, focus on finding a local compounding pharmacy whose pharmacists has received qualified training at an organization like PCCA. Anyone can do pain management compounding and work to build a local network of prescribing physicians who can gain confidence in a local compounding pharmacy. All products from pharmacy to pharmacy are basically the same. Rob Gussenhoven's so called "proprietary formulations" were copied from PCCA's original formulas though he says he has improved them. Well, so has everyone else (All With the same Improvements).

Dermatran may say that they get great volume discounts from suppliers but after getting to a few hundred scripts per day any pharmacy can get similar discounts. They do not pass the savings on to the patient. All Diamond level pharmacies get the same volume discounts.

Physicians are wanting to do business locally not with a bunch of pharmacists and reps who keep bouncing from pharmacy to pharmacy while leaving a trail of confusion in the medical practices.

There are approximately 50-75 pharmacies each month across the US attending compounding training, buying the same technology, and compounding the same ingredients. Anyone with half a pharmacy degree can do this.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Anonymous

Sherlock-
They ain't heeyah.

Why don't you invest all that time of yours and redo the personal insult/racist ragtag diatrive about anyone associated with OPC. I think you have learned by know that they are pproved by the moderator and asked at a later date to be taken down....OPC, which I might add, is open once again. SEC is NOT open last time I checked. Whattup with dad.

I think that you believe ALOT more people care about any of this shit than really do. Until the Feds come down with their charges and go to court, I dont think many people will care.

These Creams help patients. Please tell me what OPC or SEC or Russellville were doing that was so bad. Are you the plant that was working for OPC and the person who directed the Feds to go after that one set of computers/files...is that why you seem to treat Rodney like the ArchAngel thet he thinks he is on this forum?

This site is truly for the BAMAZONS!!

Quote:
Where are all the posts from November?????
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Anonymous

So if this really is the end of the ride for pain creams, what else is out there for someone looking to provide clinically validated solutions to their docs and put a few bucks in their pocket along the way?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Where are all the posts from November?????
If someone finds them offensive or if someone from the companies complain - they will remove them.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sherlock-
They ain't heeyah.

Why don't you invest all that time of yours and redo the personal insult/racist ragtag diatrive about anyone associated with OPC. I think you have learned by know that they are pproved by the moderator and asked at a later date to be taken down....OPC, which I might add, is open once again. SEC is NOT open last time I checked. Whattup with dad.

I think that you believe ALOT more people care about any of this shit than really do. Until the Feds come down with their charges and go to court, I dont think many people will care.

These Creams help patients. Please tell me what OPC or SEC or Russellville were doing that was so bad. Are you the plant that was working for OPC and the person who directed the Feds to go after that one set of computers/files...is that why you seem to treat Rodney like the ArchAngel thet he thinks he is on this forum?

ROLL TIDE!!! OPCRx IS ROARING BACK! Now hiring reps all over Alabama, Georgia and the rest of the country. We did nothing wrong!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Anonymous

What is your hate-fest with Rodney? Do you not realize how much he was deceived by the Moss's?

Quote:
Sherlock-
They ain't heeyah.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Anonymous

I am thinking about picking up a Pain Cream line but the company has a sliding scale commission based on the numbers of scripts written. What's the average number of scripts a good rep is selling per week/month?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: