» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Specialty Pharmacies > Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.08 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: DermaTran

Not a bad company, but they do not pay enough considering what they want to be. You have to be in a good area in terms of 3rd party payor coverage to break through and make decent money, otherwise it will be difficult to make good money. Some areas of the country reimburse 2/3x other areas of the country, so it is not really based on scripts,in other words there are reps bringing in twice the scripts but only making half the amount. Anything military is a good place to be...
I know reps at other pharmacies are doing very very well, but they simply have higher commission rates for the scripts they generate.

Anyone know of Pharmacies paying 20% commissions per rx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I am thinking about picking up a Pain Cream line but the company has a sliding scale commission based on the numbers of scripts written. What's the average number of scripts a good rep is selling per week/month?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Anonymous

The “smell test” applies in this situation. If a rep will be a W2 employee, then he/she needs to be a bona fide (not a “sham”) employee. By this I mean that the supplier must exercise supervision and control over the employee. The provider must train the employee and reimburse the employee for the expenses he/she incurs during the course and scope of his/her employment. Even if the supplier
(i) has the rep sign an employment agreement, (ii) withholds taxes, and (iii) issues a W2, if the supervision, control and expense reimbursement aspects are not met, the Department of Justice will construe the rep to be a 1099 contractor.
The OIG has said that the following scenario will violate the anti- kickback statute:
i. A 1099 rep generates Medicare and commercial business for the supplier; and
ii. Thesupplierpaysacommissiontotherepforcommercial patients and pays nothing to the rep for the Medicare patients.
If a 1099 sales rep (independent contractor) generates Medicare/ Medicaid business for the supplier, the provider CAN NOT pay the sales rep on a commission (or other type of production) basis. Doing so violates the Medicare anti-kickback statute.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The “smell test” applies in this situation. If a rep will be a W2 employee, then he/she needs to be a bona fide (not a “sham”) employee. By this I mean that the supplier must exercise supervision and control over the employee. The provider must train the employee and reimburse the employee for the expenses he/she incurs during the course and scope of his/her employment. Even if the supplier
(i) has the rep sign an employment agreement, (ii) withholds taxes, and (iii) issues a W2, if the supervision, control and expense reimbursement aspects are not met, the Department of Justice will construe the rep to be a 1099 contractor.
The OIG has said that the following scenario will violate the anti- kickback statute:
ii. Thesupplierpaysacommissiontotherepforcommercial patients and pays nothing to the rep for the Medicare patients.
If a 1099 sales rep (independent contractor) generates Medicare/ Medicaid business for the supplier, the provider CAN NOT pay the sales rep on a commission (or other type of production) basis. Doing so violates the Medicare anti-kickback statute.

There are a lot of compound pharmacy reps out here - I run into at least 6 a day. A provider told me that he has seen an increase in compound reps in the last 4 months - and he's paranoid to write the product. Also, I know a lot of pharmacies paying their reps this way. Interesting...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: DermaTran

Quote:
I am thinking about picking up a Pain Cream line but the company has a sliding scale commission based on the numbers of scripts written. What's the average number of scripts a good rep is selling per week/month?
Spend your time looking for something else to do or find a real pharmaceutical company to rep for.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Anonymous

This is hard to understand....your point make it impossible to sell for a compounding pharmacy and get paid:

" ii. Thesupplierpaysacommissiontotherepforcommercial patients and pays nothing to the rep for the Medicare patients.
If a 1099 sales rep (independent contractor) generates Medicare/ Medicaid business for the supplier, the provider CAN NOT pay the sales rep on a commission (or other type of production) basis. Doing so violates the Medicare anti-kickback statute."

Damned if you DONT (can't pay reps anything for Medicare patients if you pay them for commercial), and damned if you DO (Can not pay sales rep for generating Medicare business)....
methings you know not what you talk about. i am thinking of joining dermatran as they are doing all of the above (reimbursement of expenses, training, reporting structure with management with reps/managers/regional,etc).....however, a friend who wants me to work for them tells me what reps are making per month, and it is not good...having sold compounds before it can be lucrative if you stick with it and can earn at least 20%....but in closing your "smell test" doesn't make sense as written anyway

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Anonymous

I am slightly confused by this post:

In your post - who is the supplier? and who is the provider? Is it the pharmacy?

Also you stated that a 1099 rep generating medicare and commercial business for the supplier is a violation of the anti kickback statutes.

That is the premise of the business model. What constitutes this business model to be a kickback relationship?

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

They are coming out West... wanting to get into Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana. Get ready for the "recruiting" calls.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Anonymous

Obviously, Ms.or Mr., you work for said pharmacy (RX Pro or whatever names or other incarnations that fall under the same ownership) that has 4 locations in MS and FL. If I were to say one thing bad about it, you would most certainly get defensive,and then go on the offensive. However, where compounding almost always fails is trying to be nationalin scope.I have never heard of RX Pro, so I am sure your are HUGE in your areas where you have pharmacies, but most of the country has never heard of you.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Obviously, Ms.or Mr., you work for said pharmacy (RX Pro or whatever names or other incarnations that fall under the same ownership) that has 4 locations in MS and FL. If I were to say one thing bad about it, you would most certainly get defensive,and then go on the offensive. However, where compounding almost always fails is trying to be nationalin scope.I have never heard of RX Pro, so I am sure your are HUGE in your areas where you have pharmacies, but most of the country has never heard of you.
You are incorrect. I don't work for or with either pharmacy - but I am familiar with them. And if you work in the compounding industry - you should be too.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are incorrect. I don't work for or with either pharmacy - but I am familiar with them. And if you work in the compounding industry - you should be too.
Ok, so because your so fucking smart...why don't you tell us exactly why We all should be concerned. If you have nothing valuable to add then move on.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Anonymous

has anyone heard of Pharmaco? I got approached by them, but they seem really like multi-level marketing? People can bring other people on but no real requirements as to education etc.? Any ideas? they do compound pain cream.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ok, so because your so fucking smart...why don't you tell us exactly why We all should be concerned. If you have nothing valuable to add then move on.
You're an idiot! You're the one not adding any value to the post. if you don't like that people are posting and commenting about DermaTran or OPC - shut the fuck up and stop coming out here!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
There is one thing Dermatran has that no one else has......a virtual BILLIONAIRE funding the whole venture. Heck, a Multi Millionaire is probably more accurate. Dermatran is not going away, butthey are losing folks because they are not paying reps top dollar and they are one of the lowest cost Pain Creams out there-their choice apparently they are nervous about billing too much but since this company is basicaly run by insurance guys they probably know what they are doing. If regulations dont Eff things up, this market will create wealth for alot of people that bring this into the clinical setting. And I say good for them, more better than the BILLIONS that is still being made off of Oxycontin and Opana-clinically the Topical Pain Creams are what I want my family to be on if they are unfortuante enough to have chronic pain....and not opioids, at least not before a Topical. The US Pain market is bass ackwards relative to the rest of the world my friends, so all you uptight (new) OPC sales reps that are working for OPC, chillax there is room for more than 1 Pain Cream organization (but OPC is going to have a hard time getting their reputation back-alot of physicians are not happy with how their patients had to stop cold turkey without a word from OPC)....

Good Luck to all, and to all keep rubbin in those Creams.

Case Closed.
Dermatran sounds like a cute little entry level Pharma job for someone who can sell "aceite de serpiente" which is a well known Mexican compounded medication for treating just about everything.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dermatran isnot going to become the nation's #1. They have to catch up with Inverness out of Birmingham and RX Pro Pharmacy & Compounding out of Jackson, MS and Hallandale, FL. RX Pro also owns Vicksburg Pharmacy (Vicksburg, MS) and Gluckstadt out of Madison, MS. Heard they are the leading pharmacies now.

Interested to hear more about this.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Anonymous

Wow! After reading these posts one thing is clear: there are some messed up people in this industry. Hope there's enough money to pay for some therapy.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Anonymous

Football season's long over. Must be down there shooting hoops with Dr. J.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nothing to see. The DermaTran execs left OPC precisely because of their fraudulent practices and I know for a fact they are not under any type of investigation for what went on at OPC. SEC is still under investigation. I realize that you would like to indict these guys by implication or inference but I know them to be top notch execs dedicated to helping patients and being completely above board when doing so.
Bwhaahahaha
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Anonymous

Perhaps Basketball Jones is going to church now every Sunday.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nothing to see. The DermaTran execs left OPC precisely because of their fraudulent practices and I know for a fact they are not under any type of investigation for what went on at OPC. SEC is still under investigation. I realize that you would like to indict these guys by implication or inference but I know them to be top notch execs dedicated to helping patients and being completely above board when doing so.
This is so true. Thanks for correcting these lies.

After the owners of OPC split and Moss/Gussenhoven started Dermatran, they reported SEC and OPC's medicare fraud to the government to help clean up the industry. They are true leaders and the only two people in the compounding pharmacy industry who are trying to operate with integrity.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: DermaTran

Quote:
This is so true. Thanks for correcting these lies.

After the owners of OPC split and Moss/Gussenhoven started Dermatran, they reported SEC and OPC's medicare fraud to the government to help clean up the industry. They are true leaders and the only two people in the compounding pharmacy industry who are trying to operate with integrity.
Now thats funny. Never let the absence of facts get in the way of a good story
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Anonymous

Move on indeed! If you harpies would get past your pettiness and jealousy you would know that these creams are having profound effects in helping patients with otherwise untreatable pain. You do a great disservice to thousands of patients who are getting pain relief they could not obtain otherwise. I have personally read hundreds of patient (and doctor) testimonials to that fact. Get off these boards and stop using your personal hatred and vindictive motives to attack a legitmate and very helpful treatment regime!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Now thats funny. Never let the absence of facts get in the way of a good story
You certainly follow your own advice!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Move on indeed! If you harpies would get past your pettiness and jealousy you would know that these creams are having profound effects in helping patients with otherwise untreatable pain. You do a great disservice to thousands of patients who are getting pain relief they could not obtain otherwise. I have personally read hundreds of patient (and doctor) testimonials to that fact. Get off these boards and stop using your personal hatred and vindictive motives to attack a legitmate and very helpful treatment regime!
Someone is a bit defensive. Is the cool aid cherry or watermelon?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: DermaTran

Quote:
Someone is a bit defensive. Is the cool aid cherry or watermelon?
Drinking their Kool-Aid is much better than listening to your bullshit attacks. Why don't you take the sour grapes you are drinking and spend your time and energies elsewhere rather than trying to destroy good people and a helpful industry?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Drinking their Kool-Aid is much better than listening to your bullshit attacks. Why don't you take the sour grapes you are drinking and spend your time and energies elsewhere rather than trying to destroy good people and a helpful industry?
It's got to be lemon.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Anonymous

I really hope that the Dermatran supporters know what they are talking about. It seems blatant disregard for the law is more the rule than the exception in this industry. Dermatran is not the only compounding pharmacy following the laws. If you are including contractural and patent laws then I would not say Dermatran is not doing everything they should be. If I were looking for a compounding sales job, I would find a pharmacy associated with Ritchies in Texas.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I really hope that the Dermatran supporters know what they are talking about. It seems blatant disregard for the law is more the rule than the exception in this industry. Dermatran is not the only compounding pharmacy following the laws. If you are including contractural and patent laws then I would not say Dermatran is not doing everything they should be. If I were looking for a compounding sales job, I would find a pharmacy associated with Ritchies in Texas.
You got to be kidding with that last comment. Richies pays its reps nothing compared to others as long as you can actualy sell. Go ahead and leave thousands of dollars on the talbe every month if you want to but not me.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Anonymous

Retire the retired.

Big Pharma in compounding has arrived and you guys are getting paid less than the people you compete with.

Sad state of affairs.

You reps are the least important component of this company.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Anonymous

Talk about some lemon Kool-Aid! Why does CafePharma let these disgruntled former sales reps comment on this forum? DermaTran is doing things legally and completely above board. Can you believe someone actually complaining about DermaTran because they are conscientiously NOT gouging the customer?! DermaTran is in this for the long haul. Not to grab the money and run. And one of the bosses family works there. Waah! I'm sure no respectable business would ever do that. Their building is too big. Waah! There are too many phones. Waah! I don't like the training. Waah! There are some sales directors making a lot of money and I wasn't one of them. Waah! Give me a break!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: DermaTran

Way to go DermaTran! I just heard that your testimony before the Armed Forces Service Committee in Washington, D.C. last week caused TRICARE to suspend their ruling for at least six months while they perform due diligence on their decision against compounding. You might have set the wheels in motion that dodged a major bullet for every compounder in the country. Thank you! You rock!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Anonymous

Yes. I heard it was Ritchies that was up in Washington testifying before congress. Turned out it was the DermaTran boys. They must have made a good case for the compounding industry to get a reaction like that.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Anonymous

I heard the same thing....
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Anonymous

I called one of my friends at DermaTran. He said DermaTran execs produced a white paper showing the problems with the Tricare action including a cost analysis. They met all day with several congressmen and finally with the Joint Chiefs. She said they were blown away with their presentation. And you see the results. They are a class act.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Anonymous

It was a she. Fat fingered the typing.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Anonymous

I find it hard to swallow that Dermatran acheivied this all by themselves. I know MANY pharmacy groups were invloved in this as well as many TRICARE members.
Who posted those comments????
Dermatran folk perhaps??
Old 07-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Anonymous

Dermatran did not achieve this all by themselves. They would not and could not have done this by themselves. Compounding will not survive through the efforts of one company, but by compounders getting their message out in unison-it is an important one. That being said, yes these folks did an excellent job on the Hill....there is much more at play here than Tricare...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Way to go DermaTran! I just heard that your testimony before the Armed Forces Service Committee in Washington, D.C. last week caused TRICARE to suspend their ruling for at least six months while they perform due diligence on their decision against compounding. You might have set the wheels in motion that dodged a major bullet for every compounder in the country. Thank you! You rock!
It is just a matter of time before they limit payment that will allow Compounders to make no more than a 5% GPM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dermatran did not achieve this all by themselves. They would not and could not have done this by themselves. Compounding will not survive through the efforts of one company, but by compounders getting their message out in unison-it is an important one. That being said, yes these folks did an excellent job on the Hill....there is much more at play here than Tricare...
There certainly was a lot of support by many compounding pharmacies to inform their congressmen of these issues, but there is little doubt that DermaTran's solo appearance before the Armed Forces committee carried the day. They presented a 20 page reference document with outcomes data for over 2000 patients and explained the science and possible solutions. Right after their appearance the edict reversing the TRICARE decision was issued. For sure, we need all compounders involved addressing the threat, but let's give DermTran their due credit.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Anonymous

Who are you? We get your point, but clearly only a very few people would even know this...

Quote:
There certainly was a lot of support by many compounding pharmacies to inform their congressmen of these issues, but there is little doubt that DermaTran's solo appearance before the Armed Forces committee carried the day. They presented a 20 page reference document with outcomes data for over 2000 patients and explained the science and possible solutions. Right after their appearance the edict reversing the TRICARE decision was issued. For sure, we need all compounders involved addressing the threat, but let's give DermTran their due credit.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I find it hard to swallow that Dermatran acheivied this all by themselves. I know MANY pharmacy groups were invloved in this as well as many TRICARE members.
Who posted those comments????
Dermatran folk perhaps??

It was a collaborative effort and it isn't over yet just a "stay of execution". Must have been some campaign contributions. At best and in following with other similar scenarios, reimbursements will be cut WAY back.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Anonymous

Reimbursements will be cut way back to what? There are some bad seeds that are charging $2000-4000 or more-that is a bad taking advantage of the system. Others charge much less-I don't think anyone questions that these work, and if you have 3-4 medications in a Cream instead of taking 3-4 TOPICALS, that is worth something. The hope is that the bad seeds are IDENTIFIED, and the PBM's can take appropriate action rather than throwing out the baby with the bathwater. There are a tremendous amount of patients who need help with their pain who can't take or don't respond adequately to pills, surgery, procedures....taking this away is as an covered option hurts patients. PEACE OUT!

Quote:
It was a collaborative effort and it isn't over yet just a "stay of execution". Must have been some campaign contributions. At best and in following with other similar scenarios, reimbursements will be cut WAY back.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
DermaTran's testimony before Congress was definitely a solo effort, although I'm sure all efforts made by others are appreciated. And if their testimony to Congress was a result of campaign contributions, then everyone needs to be making more campaign contributions because we need to get this thing stopped!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Anonymous

I keep seeing ads for DermaTran. What kind of assurance does DermaTran offer its reps as far as transparency goes? I heard that a big problem reps are having is not knowing if they are getting paid for all of the orders that are sent in. How do you know they aren't skimming a few to pay for the expense accounts, taxes, benefits, and "salary" that is really a draw? If you can't see all of the orders that are submitted, how do you know you got paid for all of them? If a company was started by guys affiliated with multiple different pharmacies in the past that all have a shady history, who do you trust?
Are there any compounding companies out there that offer any kind of transparency with the orders and collections? It's unarguably a great product, just need a great pharmacy to work with.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Anonymous

Jester Re: DermaTran

Quote:
Thanks for contributing, Sam.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I keep seeing ads for DermaTran. What kind of assurance does DermaTran offer its reps as far as transparency goes? I heard that a big problem reps are having is not knowing if they are getting paid for all of the orders that are sent in. How do you know they aren't skimming a few to pay for the expense accounts, taxes, benefits, and "salary" that is really a draw? If you can't see all of the orders that are submitted, how do you know you got paid for all of them? If a company was started by guys affiliated with multiple different pharmacies in the past that all have a shady history, who do you trust?
Are there any compounding companies out there that offer any kind of transparency with the orders and collections? It's unarguably a great product, just need a great pharmacy to work with.
You can get transparency with Supreme Medical Solutions. You see each script and you get paid a much higher commission.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

You trust NONE! Find another pharmacy to attach yourself to.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You can get transparency with Supreme Medical Solutions. You see each script and you get paid a much higher commission.

Really?? How do I see each script? Do you have electronic reporting? How would I know if your company was showing everything that came in???
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Anonymous

Do you believe everything you see? They will show you exactly what they want you to see. Transparency my ass !!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Anonymous

Attn DermaTran Execs: Is this manufacturing?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ts-fdaapproved
Old 09-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Anonymous

Derma tran reps are suckers. Used to work at DermaTran and thought I was killing it making 250k until I realized I was getting ripped off and pharmacy was making all the $$. I'm now on track to make about 850k this year making 25% of scripts reimbursing $1,000-3500. What's Derma Trans current comp plan. Have they increased it much?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: