for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Merck
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Anonymous

Default ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Anonymous

Worried Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Any thoughts?
Mine.......
Some good points regarding up to 26 on parents plan, some elder cost controls, no pre-exisiting denials, kid coverage....... but little else.

Higher taxes despite Mr. O's promise not to raise taxes.....I'll add much higher....(one more step toward tickle down poverty for the working class)

Worsening of costs for (good quality) policy coverage..... high quality plans will be untouchable by the working class.....Think their beyond reach now? Wait.

Diluted basic health care......care goes downhill, lines and waits for care....unless you have a bank roll of money (1% ers) to pay cash, out of pocket, or for a premier policy it will not be pretty.........

National debt......massive new increases......impacting future generations big time.

More employment set backs.....less new hiring....especially small businesses.

Many employers will opt for the fine.......so tough luck to many employees on thinking they will be getting insurance through the job.

I'll take the republican plan...
Old 06-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Most of population will be covered by Medicaid and Medicare. Margins will shrink considerably and cotracting with government will rule the landscape. not much need for PC reps.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
Most of population will be covered by Medicaid and Medicare. Margins will shrink considerably and cotracting with government will rule the landscape. not much need for PC reps.
what about the working age w/o coverage?

.....not so poor and not 65.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
what about the working age w/o coverage?

.....not so poor and not 65.
must buy insurance or be placed into a state sponsored for which you will be taxed $4K-$6K/year
Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
must buy insurance or be placed into a state sponsored for which you will be taxed $4K-$6K/year
yep....cheaper insurance (what most middle class will barely afford.....probably $500 pp month) = poor coverage, massive deductibles.........

Normal coverage .....unaffordable for most middle class.....
Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Anonymous

God bless our President

Insurance can't deny my son's pre-existing cancer which has robbed our family's security. We cried today.

Be grateful if your family has never had catastrophic illness
Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Anonymous

To Post #2
"I'll take the Republican plan" WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN PLAN!!!! Don't hear Romney talking about what he proposes to do to solve the helthcare crisis...oh, is that Romney/Obama care?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
To Post #2
"I'll take the Republican plan" WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN PLAN!!!! Don't hear Romney talking about what he proposes to do to solve the healthcare crisis...oh, is that Romney/Obama care?
A major Republican proposal is intrastate sales / purchasing of health plans = quality plans at very competitive prices = happy consumer public who get to choose their plan, coverage and who will give them care ...............no government telling us who and what care we receive...

ps. we can not buy plans across states now....

..........they also want tax credits for your own insurance purchase plan......sweet for most of us already over taxed Americans !!!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Anonymous

"Obamacare" must be repealed....costs will sky-rocket for the middle class, and we'll get far less than what we are currently receiving. Not only that, many will lose employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, as companies opt out (i.e., deciding to pay the fine rather than the much more expensive coverage) which will force people into the single-payer government healthcare system (that will be a nightmare...death panels, rationing, all the fraud and corruption that is present in anything the government touches).

The people will speak at the ballot box on November 6th. "Obamacare" was shoved down our throats by Reid and Pelosi, and now by Justice Roberts (who re-wrote the statue to uphold it! What is that all about???! What happened to the Constitution???!) This is democracy? This is following the will of the people? It's time to take back our country, our liberty. Vote for Romney, who will "repeal and replace". There are far superior solutions to our healthcare issues: tort reform, purchasing healthcare in an open-market (across state lines).

BTW, If Obama is re-elected, "Obamacare" is only the tip of the iceberg....I shudder to think where we will end up with four more years of this tyranny. Look at the state of our country: a deplorable economy that will only get worse with "Obamacare", a government that advertises on the radio to get more people on food stamps!, a president with no experience in the private sector who either can't (or by design won't!) fix the economy, an unsecured border that continues to drain weary middle-class taxpayers.....it doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to think of Obama as the next Chavez. This is where "hope and change" will take us. Be afraid....be very afraid!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Anonymous

The Supreme Court didn't save us from Obama....so we, the people, have to save us from Obama. VOTE FOR ROMNEY!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Anonymous

Argue Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Above is so true. Wake from your snooze America. The country you knew growing up is being transformed before your very eyes.......

.....save this country from its transformation to the land of the less than free.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
God bless our President

Insurance can't deny my son's pre-existing cancer which has robbed our family's security. We cried today.

Be grateful if your family has never had catastrophic illness
Very sorry about your son. But you are mistaken to think that Obamacare is the answer for cancer patients. Government healthcare will impose "caps", and eventually money will run out. Far better to seek solutions via legislation involving the private enterprise, free-market system, where there is greater efficiency, less waste and fraud. This is what Romney wants to do. I hope to God he will be given the opportunity to do so.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Anonymous

Typical Republican scare tactics. The Supreme Court has spoken. The wrecked economy was the product of George W and a recent poll of Republicans concurred. Obama is here to stay. Wom his election by mandate and will again.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Anonymous

Some of us may not be too happy if this eventually lead to resemble something like the Canadian system. Rationing for everything. Better luck if it is a common illness. Good luck and wait and hope if it is rare or the outcome is not that great. My friends have to put their names on a waiting list for cataract surgery. Wait, then got called in to get one eye done. Then waited again. Surgery was done in an almost office setting with minimal medications. You will call our outpatient cataract surgery in the States a Cadillac approach versus theirs.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Typical Republican scare tactics. The Supreme Court has spoken. The wrecked economy was the product of George W and a recent poll of Republicans concurred. Obama is here to stay. Wom his election by mandate and will again.
Look to Canada, England and other countries for the model of healthcare that will arrive from Obamacare. Waits, lines and limits......bare bones coverage will be the national plan....most will be shuttled into this plan....

No more call the doctor and go in for high qaulity or immediate care. We already know there are major shortages of MDs.....it will be far worse. Do you think the best docs you have now now will work for government level wages? Already 50% of docs will not accept medicare, even less run a medicaid practice....

Go to an urban clinic....Thank Obama when you eventually sit along the wall and wait....you are a fool if you relish that care. Wake up and make rational choices. At elections vote for those who have the knowledge, skill and experience. In this case it is Romney and republicans who will help us maintain our national freedoms and enable us to have the highest quality of care at affordable prices.....Instead, it sounds like you are voting for O because he is a color you like.....shame on you.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The Supreme Court doesn't have the final say. The people do--and they will be heard on Nov 6th. Obama will be a one-term president. We will sing "na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, GOODBYE!" He will be kicked to the curb. Michelle, start packing, and start planning on paying for your own vacations to Spain, Martha's Vineyard, NYC, etc. Wonder if Sarah Jessica Parker will have you and Barack over again when you no longer occupy the White House? Will we still see you on The View and the Ellen DeGeneres show? Can't wait to see respectablility return to the White House.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Anonymous

Obama is the people's Prrdident. Bush ruined this country and even Republicans have agreed. So sorry
Old 06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Anonymous

Its not obamacare it's obamatax--
The supremes said so
Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Anonymous

To post #7 Agreed. My husband is in remission from cancer and my sis in law has CF. The relief to know they can't be DENIED coverage is a huge . Yes we may have to pay more , but to post #13 there can be no caps on treatment. You are right that there is change coming in this medical system. In Australia there is no post chemo follow up for remission via scans (NO PET, NO CT) you are monitored via blood tests and physical exams. I have this right from the minister of health from Australia (she's a family member). I am grateful for coverage and never take it for granted and I will work to make sure my family has the best care possible
Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Obama is the people's Prrdident. Bush ruined this country and even Republicans have agreed. So sorry
No, Barry is the slackers' president. People who take care of themselves despise this communist. Remember, it wasn't until we had a democrat-controlled congress and it became inevitable that O would be elected that things really started to tank.

This ain't NPR. Get the fuck off our board, you pansy!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Anonymous

Rolleyes Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
Oh pleeze........the debt the has put us in makes anything Bush spent seem like pennies and chump change.
Wake up toots...he is the president of those who want entitlements....Obama's 2009 pledge for no taxes? This reverses it, watch out middle class!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Anonymous

I'm a life long republican. My dad was a Barry Goldwater republican. Some form of healthcare reform had to happen. Republicans scream for repeal. To do what? No doubt the bill will need major reform, but at least the ball is now rolling. Republicans were happy to just have the status quo. Now thier getting thier clocks cleaned. Have you taken the time to look at your pay stub to see how much your health insurance costs? Wait until merck lays you off and you have to go through cobra. Something had to happen. I give the dems credit for doing something. Republicans are stuck in neutral. Now is thier chance to gain back control, not repeal, but replace and reform. Now's thier chance to do something for the american people rather than take us to war and bailout the banks. We'll see. Interstate sales of health insurance has to happen. Portability has to happen. Tort reform has to happen. I don't worry about "gov. between you and your doctor." The insurance companies are already in between me and my doctor. Hospitals just got s big win. Insurance companies just got millions of new customers. You would suppose the same would be true for drug companies. As usual the politics of this was a big payoff to corporations (see above). But it could be a benefit to real people too. The jury is still out. We'll see. If my taxes go up a little but my monthly health care insurance costs go down, then that's a good thing. We'll see. As partisan a bitch as she is, looks like Pelosi was right. We had to pass it to find out what was in it.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Anonymous

There are some good pieces to it. No cap on insurance. If you are sick, the insurance company can say you hit the limits. Also pre-existing conditions are also covered which is great. The rest is not good. It will allow companies to get rid of insurance for the workers because the availability is there. I have no problem giving people who hit hard times this but just like everything it will be abused.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm a life long republican. My dad was a Barry Goldwater republican. Some form of healthcare reform had to happen. Republicans scream for repeal. To do what? No doubt the bill will need major reform, but at least the ball is now rolling. Republicans were happy to just have the status quo. Now thier getting thier clocks cleaned. Have you taken the time to look at your pay stub to see how much your health insurance costs? Wait until merck lays you off and you have to go through cobra. Something had to happen. I give the dems credit for doing something. Republicans are stuck in neutral. Now is thier chance to gain back control, not repeal, but replace and reform. Now's thier chance to do something for the american people rather than take us to war and bailout the banks. We'll see. Interstate sales of health insurance has to happen. Portability has to happen. Tort reform has to happen. I don't worry about "gov. between you and your doctor." The insurance companies are already in between me and my doctor. Hospitals just got s big win. Insurance companies just got millions of new customers. You would suppose the same would be true for drug companies. As usual the politics of this was a big payoff to corporations (see above). But it could be a benefit to real people too. The jury is still out. We'll see. If my taxes go up a little but my monthly health care insurance costs go down, then that's a good thing. We'll see. As partisan a bitch as she is, looks like Pelosi was right. We had to pass it to find out what was in it.
There are other ways…Obama Care will bankrupt this country!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Anonymous

Newsflash. This country is already bankrupt. These guys of both parties have already taken us over the cliff. Repugs. Go to war. Dems give away the store. They both sign off on tarp,bailouts,stimulus. When does the middle class get a break? Taxes WILL go up. We might as well get something for it, like possible cheaper healthcare instead of everyone else, and I mean everyone getting something. The middle class is the first to pay and last to stay. First to owe and first to go. It's all a rich mans war and a poor mans fight. I say tax the hell out everyone making over 250k. Go ahead and re-distribute. Lets see how fuckn clooney like's that. What do i care? No one gives a shit about us. It's now every man for himself I'm afraid. Humpty has fallen off the wall, is in a trillion (a year) pieces and can never be put to gather again.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"Obamacare" must be repealed....costs will sky-rocket for the middle class, and we'll get far less than what we are currently receiving. Not only that, many will lose employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, as companies opt out (i.e., deciding to pay the fine rather than the much more expensive coverage) which will force people into the single-payer government healthcare system (that will be a nightmare...death panels, rationing, all the fraud and corruption that is present in anything the government touches).

The people will speak at the ballot box on November 6th. "Obamacare" was shoved down our throats by Reid and Pelosi, and now by Justice Roberts (who re-wrote the statue to uphold it! What is that all about???! What happened to the Constitution???!) This is democracy? This is following the will of the people? It's time to take back our country, our liberty. Vote for Romney, who will "repeal and replace". There are far superior solutions to our healthcare issues: tort reform, purchasing healthcare in an open-market (across state lines).

BTW, If Obama is re-elected, "Obamacare" is only the tip of the iceberg....I shudder to think where we will end up with four more years of this tyranny. Look at the state of our country: a deplorable economy that will only get worse with "Obamacare", a government that advertises on the radio to get more people on food stamps!, a president with no experience in the private sector who either can't (or by design won't!) fix the economy, an unsecured border that continues to drain weary middle-class taxpayers.....it doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to think of Obama as the next Chavez. This is where "hope and change" will take us. Be afraid....be very afraid!
finally somebody on Cafe Pharma that not only gets it, but is able to articulate it nicely...

say goodbye to the America you once knew folks...Our first elected dictator is taking the country down fast...

by the way, FU MERCK!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Anonymous

To the last post. You clearly are uneducated.

Dictator? Popularly Elected and Electorally College Elected. Supreme Court Validated.

Merck is a wonderful company. You are a disgusting individual. Why don't you move to Russia. You'd be happy there.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
finally somebody on Cafe Pharma that not only gets it, but is able to articulate it nicely...

say goodbye to the America you once knew folks...Our first elected dictator is taking the country down fast...

by the way, FU MERCK!
Questions:

- What does "take our country back" mean? Back to when?

- What was Bush's and the Republicans role in this fucked up economy?

- If you're not rich, how will Romney benefit you as an employee?

- We've witnessed the failed policies of the GOP. Please tell me the last time a Republican was president and the vast majority of Americans who work for a living were also well off? It seems to me that at least since Nixon every Republican president has totally screwed up the economy.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Anonymous

""The people will speak at the ballot box on November 6th. "Obamacare" was shoved down our throats by Reid and Pelosi, and now by Justice Roberts (who re-wrote the statue to uphold it! What is that all about???! What happened to the Constitution???!) This is democracy? This is following the will of the people? It's time to take back our country, our liberty. Vote for Romney, who will "repeal and replace". There are far superior solutions to our healthcare issues: tort reform, purchasing healthcare in an open-market (across state lines).""

Too funny. Actually, it Was following the will of the people. Understand what just happened. In 2006 and 2008, the people did speak and they voted the R's out and gave the D's huge electoral victories. Obama, against the advice of many in his own party, used all his political capital on health care reform. It was a risk he took. The D's paid a huge price for it in 2010, but they got the bill through and it now has the seal of SCOTUS on it and the "Decider" on the law was CJ Roberts (Pres GW Bush's guy). It's the law of the land. He got it done, like it or not. That's bad ass - and not one R voted for it nor did they even try to negotiate any parts of it. They're falling on the wrong side of history again...and they're saying they're going to repeal it! Good luck with that.
I say bring on the tax penalty. I'm tired of the free loaders not paying into the health care system that EVeryone uses at many points in their lives.
That is a very republican/conservative notion - personal responsibility. Yet the R's can't find any place to compromise in any of these issues?
The Rs are so busy hating Obama and trying to deal him political blows that they are missing the fact that Obama is crushing them, psy ops style:
Health care bill (biggest thing since the last "govt takeover", Medicare),
immigration reform (securing a generation of Hispanic voters),
foreign policy victories (Arab spring, end Iraq war, Bin Laden dead, Qhadaffi def, Al Qaeda irrelevant, etc),
saved US auto industry ( suprise, Romney wanted bankruptcy)
And on and on...

He's getting historic shit done while his adversaries are nipping at his heals. How's that Fast and Furious thing going Lol..

Thats ok, I think we'll see more cooperation from the Rs in Obama's 2nd term. They would be foolish not to.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
To the last post. You clearly are uneducated.

Dictator? Popularly Elected and Electorally College Elected. Supreme Court Validated.

Merck is a wonderful company. You are a disgusting individual. Why don't you move to Russia. You'd be happy there.
"Popularly elected....electorally college elected...supreme court validated"....means nothing!

Many who voted for Obama in '08 will not vote for him again! He is anything but transparent! He is, in fact, deceitful. He said the mandate is not a tax....and guess what--it is! And it is the largest tax on the middle class in all of world history! 90% of Americans were fine with healthcare as it is. Why does everything have to be overhauled to accomodate 10%? There would have been far easier ways to fix the circumstances of the 10%. Now the middle class will pay far more and receive far less.

I think you should move to Russia, as you clearly do not understand liberty vs. tyranny.

BTW, what does "Merck [being] a wonderful company" have to do with any of this???? Moron!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Questions:

- What does "take our country back" mean? Back to when?

- What was Bush's and the Republicans role in this fucked up economy?

- If you're not rich, how will Romney benefit you as an employee?

- We've witnessed the failed policies of the GOP. Please tell me the last time a Republican was president and the vast majority of Americans who work for a living were also well off? It seems to me that at least since Nixon every Republican president has totally screwed up the economy.
Hello??! How about the greatest president of all---Ronald Reagan. He turned the country around after the hugely unsuccessful Carter administration.

And "take our country back" means upholding the Constitution and our freedom/liberty. No to big government, endless taxation and entitlements. Obama is transforming this country into socialism. If that's what you want, then move to a socialist country! See how you would like to be living in Spain, Italy or Greece.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
To post #7 Agreed. My husband is in remission from cancer and my sis in law has CF. The relief to know they can't be DENIED coverage is a huge . Yes we may have to pay more , but to post #13 there can be no caps on treatment. You are right that there is change coming in this medical system. In Australia there is no post chemo follow up for remission via scans (NO PET, NO CT) you are monitored via blood tests and physical exams. I have this right from the minister of health from Australia (she's a family member). I am grateful for coverage and never take it for granted and I will work to make sure my family has the best care possible
You are foolish to believe there will be no caps. There simply is no money to fund "Obamacare". Obama has lied.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
Hello??! How about the greatest president of all---Ronald Reagan. He turned the country around after the hugely unsuccessful Carter administration.

And "take our country back" means upholding the Constitution and our freedom/liberty. No to big government, endless taxation and entitlements. Obama is transforming this country into socialism. If that's what you want, then move to a socialist country! See how you would like to be living in Spain, Italy or Greece.
Totally agree. When Reagan was elected and we started into recovery after the disaster of the failed Jimmy Carter, 500,000 to 1,000,000 jobs were being added per month. During Obama's so called "recovery" we are adding what??? 60,000 per month. Not much of a recovery….is it, Obama fans? Oh, and BTW Obama fans…when G W Bush was in office the unemployment rate was about 4%….hmmm
Old 06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Totally agree. When Reagan was elected and we started into recovery after the disaster of the failed Jimmy Carter, 500,000 to 1,000,000 jobs were being added per month. During Obama's so called "recovery" we are adding what??? 60,000 per month. Not much of a recovery….is it, Obama fans? Oh, and BTW Obama fans…when G W Bush was in office the unemployment rate was about 4%….hmmm
....adding what? You forgot about Mr O's big spendaholic problem...He should take a course from Dave Ramsey.....

"don't got it, don't spend it!".
Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
....adding what? You forgot about Mr O's big spendaholic problem...He should take a course from Dave Ramsey.....

"don't got it, don't spend it!".
Jobs..read the post…if you can.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Anonymous

George W was a criminal and a bufoon. Even Romney has distanced himself. HOw often is George W campaigning? Republicans will lose. Obama represents the New America.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Anonymous

Spendaholic? Yes.........

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfer...world-history/
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
George W was a criminal and a bufoon. Even Romney has distanced himself. HOw often is George W campaigning? Republicans will lose. Obama represents the New America.
THE NEW BROKEN AMERICA!!! This is true....we are going the way of the Europeans...Republicans need to win...this quote is from a communist--we want our free America....VOTE THIS CRIMINAL OUT..

Though Barack Obama assured the middle class he would not raise taxes on those making less than $200,000 a year, Moore’s research shows that in reality, a significant percentage of the burden will be shouldered by those making $120,000 or less by the year 2016.

Here are rough numbers of how the costs will increase over the next few years:

Tax for not buying health insurance----AND IT IS A TAX!

2014 2016
adult $95 $695
Family $285 $2085

The hard working, middle class, private sector taxpayers are ALWAYS the ones who shoulder the burden of the ProgressiComm’s collectivist schemes. From now to November 6, the President and every Democrat need to be reminded that they passed this TAX.

MAY THE DUMBO RATS AND OBLAMA LOSE IT ALL
Old 06-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Did you ever notice democrats never talk about facts? Everything is based on emotion and not reality. They just spew out hate. I got news for you…George W Bush is not running for President.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

have you noticed Republicans only care about how things benefit their own wallet? No compassion? If I hear of one more person tell me about taxes, they can shove it up their pussycat. Go to a Cancer ward and visit children sometimes as my wife does for a living as a counselor. She makes little money and cares more about people. You Republicans like to talk about Jesus. Get your behinds to church and repent
Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
have you noticed Republicans only care about how things benefit their own wallet? No compassion? If I hear of one more person tell me about taxes, they can shove it up their pussycat. Go to a Cancer ward and visit children sometimes as my wife does for a living as a counselor. She makes little money and cares more about people. You Republicans like to talk about Jesus. Get your behinds to church and repent
oh brother....look who donates more money???republicans or dumbo rats.....it is republicans-look it up!
...if your wife was such a saint...let her work for free...same to you bozo head...All democrats should work for free and pay all of the taxes otherwise they are just hypocrites.
Republicans tell you straight out...we want to work hard and make our money...and if we decide to donate (which most donate more than the dems) then we have the freedom to donate. All dems should live in California and live under every rule they have put out for the past 60+ years. Let your gene pool try to survive...ha!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Is it compassion that 23 million people are out of work?
Is it compassion that the net worth of the average American has gone down in this administration?
Is it compassion that public sector employees are able to retire in their 50s, while the rest of us work well into our 60s? Their pensions are worth millions and the care for the elderly and disabled have to be cut to pay for them.
Look at what you wrote….have to get down and dirty…no facts…just hate!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Anonymous

who do you think pays now when a 400 pound smoker who has been living on chips and budweiser shows up at the ED with chest pain and oh btw he doesn't have insurance. By law he has to be treated, the healthcare system sucks it up, insurance companies pay it out and recoup it by charging the rest of us. So forcing these people to buy health insurance, hell ya, there should also be a fat tax, a huge smoking tax, an alcohol tax, a fast food tax, tax everything unhealthy cause I sure as hell don't want to pay for other peoples stupid choices, which is what is happening now. Freedom of choice - sure - but me pay for your freedom of stupid choices, fuck no.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
...you are terribly misguided. I have seen cancer wards from my family to my work life. It is terrible. While it may be compassionate to think a tid bit (level D care) is better than nothing...True compassion tries to elevate all to the highest quality care.....

Republicans want all people to have the highest quality care....they want the care and doctors YOU choose and yes, without caps or pre-existing condition clauses but through private insurance ...You need to realize that government healthcare will place restrictions on what care you receive and when. If you end up on government care you will be getting the bare minimum....and you will be waiting on line for any doc who will work for the low wages...tests will be very limited too ..The best providers will not opt to be in most of those pools......

Look at Europe, Canada and any national healthcare system. Those people want to come here for care....because they want the best and their governement plans offer so little....
Old 06-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Anonymous

At the end of the day something needed to be done. Why do you think a hospital charges 15$ for an aspirin? It's because people with no insurance goes there for minor issues and they have no insurance. Hospitals are going out of business. I read many people bitching but no one has another idea. I voted for Obama but would not vote for him again. Maybe open up clinics next to the hospital to hand all the minor stuff. Everyone in America has the right to be treated.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Anonymous

The glaring truth no matter how much Faux News lies about otherwise: every single other industrialized nation in the world has longer avg lifespans and also spend less per person total for healthcare (on universal healthcare)
Old 06-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Anonymous

Lightbulb Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Quote:
The glaring truth no matter how much Faux News lies about otherwise: every single other industrialized nation in the world has longer avg lifespans and also spend less per person total for healthcare (on universal healthcare)
People in other parts of the world live longer because they live better and have a sane lives.....Better diet with little or no chemicals and junk food, more exercise, most work local to home, more holiday, much shorter work hours and no big push to kill yourself for an American dream...and so they have better health. That should not surprise anyone.

In Europe most people have tiny homes (most often an apartment), few items of clothing, no multitiples of cars, TVs and other toys they tend to be less materialisitic....They can enjoy life with simplicity, eat locally grown food, relax in the square everyday are more family oriented .....all very good things.

Take a look at the Greek entitlement riots.....they hardly work all year then expect to retire at 50 and relax till death all on the govenment's dime....
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

more would vote Repub if you didn't have the crazy religious nuts as part of the party. so embarassing
Old 07-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
now that is the sad truth as much as we hate to admit it. there are so many factors including food marketing (sugar and fat and beef etc) overweight people who don't move - no personal responsibility, we live in a society where people think that they can spend years abusing their bodies and everything will just be fixed when it starts to fall apart.

the ones making the money on the health care system? the insurance companies and our own industry (to a lesser extent these days) --- just follow the money.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: