for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Pfizer
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Lupin Pharmaceuticals received FDA approval of its generic Lyrica on July 5. Looks like they may try and challenge the Lyrica patents and launch its generic "at risk" beofre the patents start to expire next year. Anyone have any more knowledge on this? Looks like with Celebrex going generic and Lupin possibly launching a generic Lyrica early, the pain group is history!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

no 2019
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Damn, I thought it went generic in 2018, but it doesn't. It does go generic in 2013. Even though it's for seizures, the criminals in the managed care market and the government will push it for off label everything like they do gabapentin.

Celebrex goes off patent at the end of 2013 also. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...1&table1=OB_Rx

It's for the 100mg. dose but the powers that rule the world will force it on everyone first with 2 pills before any celebrex 200mg brand name sales.

I think we are truly screwed in Cluster 1. is the Vegas trip a final hurrah for us before the axe falls? Is it their way to deflect the truth and keep us in their game with circus and bread move?

This truly sucks. I need to sharpen up my resume and start looking, even though I'd rather not.

Pfizer will lose billions and billions. I will obviously lose my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Grumble Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Oh Lord...as soon as docs know that something is generic they'll switch over. In this territory (south central), managed care coverage of Lyrica is okay but not great. If the generic is available, they will automatically switch because our docs won't do LMNs. The two biggest PBMs in territory are switching most of their fully insured business over to this lame generics plus formulary that pushes all but a few brands out into tier 3 (or 4) and they upped their copays from $60 to $90 on their standard prescription plans.

Nice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Damn, I thought it went generic in 2018, but it doesn't. It does go generic in 2013. Even though it's for seizures, the criminals in the managed care market and the government will push it for off label everything like they do gabapentin.

Celebrex goes off patent at the end of 2013 also. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...1&table1=OB_Rx

It's for the 100mg. dose but the powers that rule the world will force it on everyone first with 2 pills before any celebrex 200mg brand name sales.

I think we are truly screwed in Cluster 1. is the Vegas trip a final hurrah for us before the axe falls? Is it their way to deflect the truth and keep us in their game with circus and bread move?

This truly sucks. I need to sharpen up my resume and start looking, even though I'd rather not.

Pfizer will lose billions and billions. I will obviously lose my job.
If you haven't been looking outside of the industry, your head is in the sand like an ostrich. OF COURSE managed care will force generic down everyone's throats. They (managed care and Pfizer) will save multiple millions of dollars respect by doing so. It shouldn't take a crystal ball to see what could be the future here. As soon as I get a good bite on my resume, I'm out.

I refuse to be one of those sad sacks lurking around headhunters websites after my job gets hacked, praying for a nibble from some no-name pharmaceutical company in Ohio, or a contract sales company.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Oh Lord...as soon as docs know that something is generic they'll switch over. In this territory (south central), managed care coverage of Lyrica is okay but not great. If the generic is available, they will automatically switch because our docs won't do LMNs. The two biggest PBMs in territory are switching most of their fully insured business over to this lame generics plus formulary that pushes all but a few brands out into tier 3 (or 4) and they upped their copays from $60 to $90 on their standard prescription plans.

Nice.
Ha, that means it's covered. No reason you can't max out bonus.

When showing your CUE slides, just show how excellent our coverage is. Who wouldn't pay 90 for Lyrica?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

http://www.medcohealth.com/art/corpo...e_generics.pdf

According to Medco, Lyrica goes generic in 2019. What am I missing here? How can it go generic for one indication 6 years before the other indications?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
http://www.medcohealth.com/art/corpo...e_generics.pdf

According to Medco, Lyrica goes generic in 2019. What am I missing here? How can it go generic for one indication 6 years before the other indications?
You would have to understand how patents work, and I doubt many at Pfizer have a clue regarding the patenting of pharmaceuticals. Why? Because there is not much of any knowledge from anyone I've seen at Pfizer about anything. Pharma drugs have multiple patents as they get different indications, IV vs. oral doses, or as the molecule is altered during its lifecycle. Those patent expirations can be years apart. This generic approval was based on the patent date that was submitted for that indication.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
http://www.medcohealth.com/art/corpo...e_generics.pdf

According to Medco, Lyrica goes generic in 2019. What am I missing here? How can it go generic for one indication 6 years before the other indications?
Revatio is generic, Viagra is not. Same drug, different dose.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You would have to understand how patents work, and I doubt many at Pfizer have a clue regarding the patenting of pharmaceuticals. Why? Because there is not much of any knowledge from anyone I've seen at Pfizer about anything. Pharma drugs have multiple patents as they get different indications, IV vs. oral doses, or as the molecule is altered during its lifecycle. Those patent expirations can be years apart. This generic approval was based on the patent date that was submitted for that indication.

So what patent is expiring?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Revatio is generic, Viagra is not. Same drug, different dose.
I am afraid that this might be a bigger threat to Lyrica than Revatio is to Viagra. This generic will be at the same doses. The doses for seizures are the same w/ just a higher range. I hope we can block this one.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You would have to understand how patents work, and I doubt many at Pfizer have a clue regarding the patenting of pharmaceuticals. Why? Because there is not much of any knowledge from anyone I've seen at Pfizer about anything. Pharma drugs have multiple patents as they get different indications, IV vs. oral doses, or as the molecule is altered during its lifecycle. Those patent expirations can be years apart. This generic approval was based on the patent date that was submitted for that indication.
Lyrica sure did not have a very long life span if you are right. Only launched in 2005
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Lyrica sure did not have a very long life span if you are right. Only launched in 2005
The patent clock starts ticking when the drug molecule is first submitted before the clinical trials phases, not when the drug gets to market. Seriously, I thought people at Pfizer were the smartest of the smart, the end all-be all. Was that all just smoke and mirrrors all these years.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The patent clock starts ticking when the drug molecule is first submitted before the clinical trials phases, not when the drug gets to market. Seriously, I thought people at Pfizer were the smartest of the smart, the end all-be all. Was that all just smoke and mirrrors all these years.
I am confused. What is a patent?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The patent clock starts ticking when the drug molecule is first submitted before the clinical trials phases, not when the drug gets to market. Seriously, I thought people at Pfizer were the smartest of the smart, the end all-be all. Was that all just smoke and mirrrors all these years.
Wow, for an angry Troller you sure are smart. Thanks for posting
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You would have to understand how patents work, and I doubt many at Pfizer have a clue regarding the patenting of pharmaceuticals. Why? Because there is not much of any knowledge from anyone I've seen at Pfizer about anything. Pharma drugs have multiple patents as they get different indications, IV vs. oral doses, or as the molecule is altered during its lifecycle. Those patent expirations can be years apart. This generic approval was based on the patent date that was submitted for that indication.

This is important information. Pfizer doesn't want you to know that the first of Lyrica patents start expiring in 2013.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The patent clock starts ticking when the drug molecule is first submitted before the clinical trials phases, not when the drug gets to market. Seriously, I thought people at Pfizer were the smartest of the smart, the end all-be all. Was that all just smoke and mirrrors all these years.
You, like many of us here, bought into our PR machine. Look, we hit the jackpot 15-20 years ago because of the heavy investment into R&D in the 80s. We also used to hire aggressive, bright junior military officers (many of whom came from West Point), science majors, business majors with very high GPAs from great schools, experienced nurses, and teachers. We could manage our own territories, and we were very aggressive. That aggressiveness and strong portfolio led to other companies begging us to co-promote their drugs.

Thank GOD for that, because without those drugs Celebrex, Bextra, Zyrtec, Aricept, Lipitor would've gone to someone else, and then we would be selling...uhm, let me think. Back to my story: Peering into the crystal ball in '98 (my start year), we saw that we needed to black widow spider our co-promotes, so we jumped on Warner Lambert for Lipitor sales, and a year or two Pharmacia/Upjohn for COX-2 portfolio, Zyvox (I think?) and their Oncology portfolio, and a bunch of drugs that never made it to market.

I know that I'm leaving off Spiriva and other meds, but I thank that you catch my point: a lot of our apparent success during our Glory Years was built on our success with Procardia XL, Zoloft, Diflucan, Norvasc, Zithromax, and a few other drugs launched in 1990-1993 (before my time, so I'm guessing). Now that we are reaping the fruits of bad R&D investment ($70 billion in the 90s? OMG!), we are the new Cover Boy of Fortune magazine. The very same magazine that pushed Pfizer on their cover as THE company to work for 18 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You, like many of us here, bought into our PR machine. Look, we hit the jackpot 15-20 years ago because of the heavy investment into R&D in the 80s. We also used to hire aggressive, bright junior military officers (many of whom came from West Point), science majors, business majors with very high GPAs from great schools, experienced nurses, and teachers. We could manage our own territories, and we were very aggressive. That aggressiveness and strong portfolio led to other companies begging us to co-promote their drugs.

Thank GOD for that, because without those drugs Celebrex, Bextra, Zyrtec, Aricept, Lipitor would've gone to someone else, and then we would be selling...uhm, let me think. Back to my story: Peering into the crystal ball in '98 (my start year), we saw that we needed to black widow spider our co-promotes, so we jumped on Warner Lambert for Lipitor sales, and a year or two Pharmacia/Upjohn for COX-2 portfolio, Zyvox (I think?) and their Oncology portfolio, and a bunch of drugs that never made it to market.

I know that I'm leaving off Spiriva and other meds, but I thank that you catch my point: a lot of our apparent success during our Glory Years was built on our success with Procardia XL, Zoloft, Diflucan, Norvasc, Zithromax, and a few other drugs launched in 1990-1993 (before my time, so I'm guessing). Now that we are reaping the fruits of bad R&D investment ($70 billion in the 90s? OMG!), we are the new Cover Boy of Fortune magazine. The very same magazine that pushed Pfizer on their cover as THE company to work for 18 years ago.
One more thing: my manager and a Master's in my district told me about how hiring changed, and what it was like before I came. I should've added that in my 1st paragraph.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
So what patent is expiring?

The first of the Lyrica patents expires in October 2013. It appears to be for epilepsy but I am not sure. As we all know, indications mean absolutely nothing to managed care. In any case, something smells fishy as to why a generic Lyrica is already approved a year and three months before the first patent expires. Generic firms challenge patents routinely. Look at Celebrex. It is going completely generic in early 2014 yet no news on a generic being approved by the FDA. If Lyrica goes generic (even partially) in 2013 or earlier and Celebrex goes generic in early 2014, it doesn't look good for the pain group.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The first of the Lyrica patents expires in October 2013. It appears to be for epilepsy but I am not sure. As we all know, indications mean absolutely nothing to managed care. In any case, something smells fishy as to why a generic Lyrica is already approved a year and three months before the first patent expires. Generic firms challenge patents routinely. Look at Celebrex. It is going completely generic in early 2014 yet no news on a generic being approved by the FDA. If Lyrica goes generic (even partially) in 2013 or earlier and Celebrex goes generic in early 2014, it doesn't look good for the pain group.
How does a drug go "partially generic"? I am a master and have been with pfizer for a long time. never seen that one
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

More to this than meets the eye. Hopefully,your leaders will clue you in on what's going on. Why educate the sales force on important matters?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The first of the Lyrica patents expires in October 2013. It appears to be for epilepsy but I am not sure. As we all know, indications mean absolutely nothing to managed care. In any case, something smells fishy as to why a generic Lyrica is already approved a year and three months before the first patent expires. Generic firms challenge patents routinely. Look at Celebrex. It is going completely generic in early 2014 yet no news on a generic being approved by the FDA. If Lyrica goes generic (even partially) in 2013 or earlier and Celebrex goes generic in early 2014, it doesn't look good for the pain group.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that explains why pfizer announced its going to stop promoting lyrica for epilepsy.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

It also looks like, effective immediately we ended our epilepsy contract, posted on the home page so something major is happening.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Don't worry people, let's not forget we have Lyrica XR in the pipeline. Hahahahahahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
How does a drug go "partially generic"? I am a master and have been with pfizer for a long time. never seen that one

Ok, so I looked it up on the US Patent site. Patent #5,563,175 which is for Lyrica use as an anticonvulsant was issued in October 1996. 17 years after that equals October of 2013! If you want to confirm, just Google "generic Lyrica" and check out the first link. So Lyrica loses its patent for epilepsy on October 2013.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Depending on the doses approved, this could be big trouble for us. Seems like we can do nothing right. It's as if God is punishing Pfizer or something. Maybe the ELT is involved with the occult, dark arts, Scientology or some freak practice.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Read pfieldnet if you want to know the specifics of the patent infringement case.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The patent clock starts ticking when the drug molecule is first submitted before the clinical trials phases, not when the drug gets to market. Seriously, I thought people at Pfizer were the smartest of the smart, the end all-be all. Was that all just smoke and mirrrors all these years.
We just won! You are wrong. So you are not so smart after all. Please tell us more about patents Mr Expert
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

"we won" what????

Winning a patent infringement or patent attack means that Pfizer keeps the drug until its original patent expiry date.

this is 10-2013, not earlier like the generic companies sued for, idget.

So how is the patent expert wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"we won" what????

Winning a patent infringement or patent attack means that Pfizer keeps the drug until its original patent expiry date.

this is 10-2013, not earlier like the generic companies sued for, idget.

So how is the patent expert wrong?

Is does look like Lyrica will still be going generic in Oct of next year for treatment of seizure disorders. Will be interesting to see if managed care will force generic Lyrica for other indications then.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Paranoid Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Is does look like Lyrica will still be going generic in Oct of next year for treatment of seizure disorders. Will be interesting to see if managed care will force generic Lyrica for other indications then.
Once one indication goes it all comes down. Managed Care approves off-label generic scripts all the time for one reason...COST.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"we won" what????

Winning a patent infringement or patent attack means that Pfizer keeps the drug until its original patent expiry date.

this is 10-2013, not earlier like the generic companies sued for, idget.

So how is the patent expert wrong?
Looks like the "Idget" is right and you are wrong. Pfizer and that evil greedy Northwestern University won the lawsuit yesterday. No generic through 2018. You must not have gotten the memo. Please keep ejakating us on patents.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

looks like the pfizer hating Troll has moved on.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Looks like the "Idget" is right and you are wrong. Pfizer and that evil greedy Northwestern University won the lawsuit yesterday. No generic through 2018. You must not have gotten the memo. Please keep ejakating us on patents.
Sure believe a pfizer email over the FDA Orange Book, dumbass.

Pfizer is always right and never misleads anyone, especially employees. Go edjakulate on yourself over the email you trust so much. I'll do my own learning, kool-aid clown.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Sure believe a pfizer email over the FDA Orange Book, dumbass.

Pfizer is always right and never misleads anyone, especially employees. Go edjakulate on yourself over the email you trust so much. I'll do my own learning, kool-aid clown.
Glad you are back. Pfizer email? Maybe the news reports are forged. Like the first link up on the CP board. Please teach us more.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Glad you are back. Pfizer email? Maybe the news reports are forged. Like the first link up on the CP board. Please teach us more.
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE; LSE: PFZ) has won its patent infringement case against Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA; TASE: TEVA) over Pfizer's pain reliever Lyrica. The US District Court for the District of Delaware ruled on Thursday that Pfizer's patents were valid through 2018.
Pfizer sued Teva and other companies, which sought to market generic versions of Lyrica, in 2009, arguing that this infringed Pfizer's patents. The verdict is a blow for Teva, as brand Lyrica had $3.7 billion in US sales in 2011. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Lyrica in 2004.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Glad you are back. Pfizer email? Maybe the news reports are forged. Like the first link up on the CP board. Please teach us more.
Kool aid drinking dumbass, look here....

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...8&table1=OB_Rx


U - 661 TREATMENT OF SEIZURE DISORDER expires Oct. 8, 2013


Now go bitchslap yourself for being such a lazy moron.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

http://epilepsy.emedtv.com/lyrica/generic-lyrica.html

When Will There Be a Generic Lyrica?

The patent for Lyrica currently expires in October 2013. This is the earliest possible date that a generic version of Lyrica could become available. However, there are other circumstances that could come up to extend the exclusivity period of Lyrica beyond 2013. These circumstances could include things such as lawsuits or other patents for specific Lyrica uses. Once Lyrica goes off patent, there may be several companies that manufacture a generic Lyrica drug.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Three Lyrica patents were challenged by the generic drug makers: one covering the active ingredient pregabalin and expiring in December 2018; a second covering a method for using pregabalin to treat seizure disorders and expiring in October 2013; and a third covering methods for using pregabalin to treat pain and expiring in December 2018.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...393056922.html
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Kool aid drinking dumbass, look here....

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...8&table1=OB_Rx


U - 661 TREATMENT OF SEIZURE DISORDER expires Oct. 8, 2013


Now go bitchslap yourself for being such a lazy moron.
Yawn. Very tired now. I guess you are right and everyone at Pfizer and WSJ are wrong. Now feel free to continue trolling. You are getting bogged down here. See you in 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yawn. Very tired now. I guess you are right and everyone at Pfizer and WSJ are wrong. Now feel free to continue trolling. You are getting bogged down here. See you in 2018.

Pfizer and the WSJ are not wrong in that the Lyrica patents for pain go until 2018. However, numerous links point out that the patent for epilepsy expires in Oct 2013. Too complex for some people to understand.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yawn. Very tired now. I guess you are right and everyone at Pfizer and WSJ are wrong. Now feel free to continue trolling. You are getting bogged down here. See you in 2018.
The only troll is you. You choose to defend aa wrong position by lying about the facts. Yes, you are a true public relations propaagandist from pfizer HQ. Have fun in hell when you get there.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The only troll is you. You choose to defend aa wrong position by lying about the facts. Yes, you are a true public relations propaagandist from pfizer HQ. Have fun in hell when you get there.
Been watching w/ some amusement this back and forth for a while. Hope the dude who hates Pfizer so much finds peace on day. Is that you Peter Rost?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

WoW - Peter Rost! what a blast from the angry past.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The only troll is you. You choose to defend aa wrong position by lying about the facts. Yes, you are a true public relations propaagandist from pfizer HQ. Have fun in hell when you get there.
Judging from all the typos this guy is really pissed at PFE. Why all the hate? Why do you care if this drug goes generic or not?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Judging from all the typos this guy is really pissed at PFE. Why all the hate? Why do you care if this drug goes generic or not?
Why such a dumb question? Get back to the facts and issues.

Typos were from a crappy smart phone, btw. The hate is towards assholes. The care is because I'll lose my job likely next year instead of having lyrica to sell for 6 more years.

Pay attention to the posts, lazy ass. How many times do we need to point this out? Go away troll.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

http://www.prohealth.com/library/sho...fm?libid=17123

A paper published in the July 2012 issue of Arthritis & Rheumatism...
Suggests a renewed investment interest by Pfizer Inc. in trials of its investigational drug esreboxetine as an FM therapy. (See “Safety and efficacy of esreboxetine in patients with Fibromyalgia: A 14-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial,” by University of Cincinnati fibromyalgia researcher Lesley M Arnold, MD, and a team at the UK-based Pfizer Global Research and Development organization.)

For specifics not offered in the abstract of this fee-based paper...
See MedPageToday's physician CME report (“Novel Drug Helped in Fibromyalgia”).

By way of background, in Feb 2009...
Pfizer announced that they were discontinuing phase 3 trials of esreboxetine after their review of existing phase 2 trial data indicated the drug was unlikely to “provide meaningful benefit to patients beyond” other fibromyalgia Rx therapies that were already FDA approved (including Pfizer’s Lyrica, aka pregabalin). The average pain score improvement in trials of the drugs had been in the neighborhood of 30% or more, about what the new Arnold, et al. paper reports.

Now, however, at least two factors have entered the mix:

• The big three FDA approved fibromyalgia drugs will be coming off patent starting Oct 2013 with Lyrica, opening this huge multi-billion-dollar market to competition from generally lower price generics. For example, on July 5, the FDA approved marketing of a generic pregabalin product by Lupin Pharmaceuticals. At the same time, industry analysts predict "huge market opportunities" for pharmaceutical companies owing to increased FM awareness, diagnosis rates, and market penetration.

• And second, it is suggested that the new research reflects physician/patient experience over the past few years demonstrating that responses to/side effects of the approved drugs – and to different combinations of those drugs – differ, sometimes significantly, from patient to patient. A factor that may overcome regulatory preference for a focus on drugs to treat unmet needs.

Currently, for example, a trial at the University of Utah is recruiting fibro patients to determine if differences in blood biomarkers can be linked to different responses to Lyrica (pregabalin) therapy.

Each of the approved drugs - and reboxetine - involves a different mechanism of action (albeit sometimes not entirely understood).

• Unlike the three currently approved drugs, esreboxetine is “a highly-selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor”: that is, it concentrates only norepinephrine in the brain.

• Savella (milnacipran) and Cymbalta (duloxetine) concentrate both serotonin and norepinephrine, though by different means.

• Lyrica (pregabalin) is said to decrease the release of the neurotransmitters substance P and glutamate, and “restore” release of norepinephrine.

So overall it seems fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain patients and their physicians can expect to see continued FM drug research, by Dr. Arnold at the University of Cincinnati and others.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
http://www.prohealth.com/library/sho...fm?libid=17123

A paper published in the July 2012 issue of Arthritis & Rheumatism...
Suggests a renewed investment interest by Pfizer Inc. in trials of its investigational drug esreboxetine as an FM therapy. (See “Safety and efficacy of esreboxetine in patients with Fibromyalgia: A 14-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial,” by University of Cincinnati fibromyalgia researcher Lesley M Arnold, MD, and a team at the UK-based Pfizer Global Research and Development organization.)

For specifics not offered in the abstract of this fee-based paper...
See MedPageToday's physician CME report (“Novel Drug Helped in Fibromyalgia”).

By way of background, in Feb 2009...
Pfizer announced that they were discontinuing phase 3 trials of esreboxetine after their review of existing phase 2 trial data indicated the drug was unlikely to “provide meaningful benefit to patients beyond” other fibromyalgia Rx therapies that were already FDA approved (including Pfizer’s Lyrica, aka pregabalin). The average pain score improvement in trials of the drugs had been in the neighborhood of 30% or more, about what the new Arnold, et al. paper reports.

Now, however, at least two factors have entered the mix:

• The big three FDA approved fibromyalgia drugs will be coming off patent starting Oct 2013 with Lyrica, opening this huge multi-billion-dollar market to competition from generally lower price generics. For example, on July 5, the FDA approved marketing of a generic pregabalin product by Lupin Pharmaceuticals. At the same time, industry analysts predict "huge market opportunities" for pharmaceutical companies owing to increased FM awareness, diagnosis rates, and market penetration.

• And second, it is suggested that the new research reflects physician/patient experience over the past few years demonstrating that responses to/side effects of the approved drugs – and to different combinations of those drugs – differ, sometimes significantly, from patient to patient. A factor that may overcome regulatory preference for a focus on drugs to treat unmet needs.

Currently, for example, a trial at the University of Utah is recruiting fibro patients to determine if differences in blood biomarkers can be linked to different responses to Lyrica (pregabalin) therapy.

Each of the approved drugs - and reboxetine - involves a different mechanism of action (albeit sometimes not entirely understood).

• Unlike the three currently approved drugs, esreboxetine is “a highly-selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor”: that is, it concentrates only norepinephrine in the brain.

• Savella (milnacipran) and Cymbalta (duloxetine) concentrate both serotonin and norepinephrine, though by different means.

• Lyrica (pregabalin) is said to decrease the release of the neurotransmitters substance P and glutamate, and “restore” release of norepinephrine.

So overall it seems fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain patients and their physicians can expect to see continued FM drug research, by Dr. Arnold at the University of Cincinnati and others.
Nice find "Scoop". Guess the judge was wrong. He should have checked with ProHealth.com first before he sided w/ Pfizer in the patent case. BTW glad you just can't resist this thread. Like a moth to the flame....
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Mrs. T
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

I'm very disappointed to see the way you all talk to each other. I knew Lyrica could go generic sometime in the near future and googled it to see when because I cant afford it until it does. I'm very thankful for all of the hard work put into making new meds for people like me but unfortunately I will have to live with my pain until all of that hard work can be made into an affordable alternative. You are professionals and should represent yourselves as such, even when hidden by cyberspace. I can understand feeling as though you need to defend yourselves because other people are just ignorant and angry. I just ask that next time you defend yourselves without cussing and brash name calling. Thanks for all of your hard work! Keep it up, there will always be someone who cant take a med because of interactions with other meds or side affects as well as the old drugs just not working.

For the haters... You didn't invest years of your life into an education to make meds. You didn't invest that education into years more of research and trial and error to create a new med that will help millions of people; AND YOU DON'T EXPECT TO WORK FOR FREE! Be angry with yourself insted of the people who have invested their lives into making ours better.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Generi Lyrica!!!! Holy Crap! Is the pain group toast??

Here's the bottom line, I make $1200 a month take home and Lyrica costs $375 a month for my prescription. Somehow it seems extensively unfair. I spend more on a medicine than I do on food. The big picture is particularly askew.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.