for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > GlaxoSmithKline
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Anonymous

Default When does Advair go generic?

Does anyone know?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: When does Advair go generic?

Any day now I think.

FDA/Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Office of Generic Drugs
Division of Labeling and Program Support
Update Frequency:
Orange Book Data - Monthly
Generic Drug Product Information & Patent Information - Daily
Orange Book Data Updated Through June, 2012
Patent and Generic Drug Product Data Last Updated: July 26, 2012
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Anonymous

FDA has not approved the pathway for a generic Advair, and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to approve one. No generics until at least 12 months after that happens.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Anonymous

you wouldn't be asking here , if you were employed by us.....
Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
FDA has not approved the pathway for a generic Advair, and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to approve one. No generics until at least 12 months after that happens.
Congress passed a generic drug act this month, which will allow generics to come to market a lot quicker then past years. Advair drug components will be available to market; however, the plastic diskus device will remain patent protected.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
you wouldn't be asking here , if you were employed by us.....
Not entirely true. Even for an employee, it is hard sometimes to keep up with all the drugs.

In this case, I am a consumer. One who is tired of paying your inlated prices just so your big-wigs can get rich on their 7 figure salaries at my expense.

Yes, it is a good drug. Yes, it works. My doctor took me off of Theophylline and put me on Advair and it damn near cured my asthma overnight. But it is very expensive, even with insurance.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Anonymous

Switch to Symbicort off of Advair. It helped my asthma and it saved me a few bucks. My doc gave me a savings card that kept my copy at 25 bucks.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not entirely true. Even for an employee, it is hard sometimes to keep up with all the drugs.

In this case, I am a consumer. One who is tired of paying your inlated prices just so your big-wigs can get rich on their 7 figure salaries at my expense.

Yes, it is a good drug. Yes, it works. My doctor took me off of Theophylline and put me on Advair and it damn near cured my asthma overnight. But it is very expensive, even with insurance.
I have heard of some folks getting a similar product to Advair from out of the country. You might try Googling Sereflo and see if anything comes up. There really is not anything special about Advair. It is just a steroid with a long acting bronchodilator in a somewhat novel delivery system. You can probably get a generic steroid and find a cheaper broncodilator than salmeterol. In your case, the steroid probably helped you more than anything.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Anonymous

Very shortly after your next round of layoffs.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Very shortly after your next round of layoffs.
Liar. There are no layoffs. Troll.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Liar. There are no layoffs. Troll.
U sound frightened. They are coming for sure.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
U sound frightened. They are coming for sure.
They will come after you are bought by Sanofi-Aventis.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Anonymous

can em. fast. generics=layoffs. simple business.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Anonymous

The diskus is protected- generic will come as an HFA
Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Only when little zippy gets the OHIO off of his forehead envy. sobbing in moms basement
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Anonymous

Adamis purchases 3M's generic advair inhaler. Any thoughts?
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/adamis...133000820.html
Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Anonymous

Correct. Patent on devices is totally different than for a drug molecule. Manufacturing of the diskus generic form will never happen. too costly and technologically challenging. So all you naysayers need to move on. Again, sorry you are no longer with the company. Move on d-bag!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

Device patent does not matter! What matters is what will the payers be willing to pay for. If Symbicort is generic next year '14 then guess what drug the payer will cover 1st. Patients will switch from Advair to Symbicort if cheaper.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Correct. Patent on devices is totally different than for a drug molecule. Manufacturing of the diskus generic form will never happen. too costly and technologically challenging. So all you naysayers need to move on. Again, sorry you are no longer with the company. Move on d-bag!!!!!
Another clueless home office douchebag who has no idea what it's like in the real world. DISKUS will not save us. MDI's are interchangeable in the eyes of managed care especially when they can save tons of cash. Advair will be destroyed between generics and generic Symbicort.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Anonymous

Gee, if you are that upset and negative why not get another job. It is as simple as that...but we don't believe you are working, and that you are just another fired employee.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Anonymous

Who said the DISKUS would save us? You are a a bunch of lil b!tches! If you are soooo worried about your job and this company going out of business, then just leave!!! For christ sake, your fear mongering is just pitiful! Go to work! Do your job! Stop whining! and no, I am not from the home office or some PR guy..just a rep who has been doing this for a number of years trying to support a family.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Who said the DISKUS would save us? You are a a bunch of lil b!tches! If you are soooo worried about your job and this company going out of business, then just leave!!! For christ sake, your fear mongering is just pitiful! Go to work! Do your job! Stop whining! and no, I am not from the home office or some PR guy..just a rep who has been doing this for a number of years trying to support a family.
Don't tell me what to do!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Waaaahh...You little whiny home office b*tch. I'll stay and take GSK's money and do nothing thanks until this place blows up. You're not a rep because I know what morale is like here.

Quit your lying PR whatever you are.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Waaaahh...You little whiny home office b*tch. I'll stay and take GSK's money and do nothing thanks until this place blows up. You're not a rep because I know what morale is like here.

Quit your lying PR whatever you are.
The whiny one is you. Stop spending your life on this board. The stupid PR label you give everyone is also very lame.

Get a life, loser.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: When does Advair go generic?

Quote:
The whiny one is you. Stop spending your life on this board. The stupid PR label you give everyone is also very lame.

Get a life, loser.
I have a life. I do nothing but take tests and get paid six figures in the process. I sell nothing because we have zero resources to sell product so why bother. I'll just sit back and take the check while I watch you yahoos sit here and tell us how great things are. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Six figs for doing NOTHING!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I have a life. I do nothing but take tests and get paid six figures in the process. I sell nothing because we have zero resources to sell product so why bother. I'll just sit back and take the check while I watch you yahoos sit here and tell us how great things are. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Six figs for doing NOTHING!
You forgot to mention that you spend more time on cafepharma then you do taking tests.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: When does Advair go generic?

No that title would go to you.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: When does Advair go generic?

Your answer to Advair is generic 11-1-13.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No that title would go to you.
I think you just proved his/her point with your follow up post.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wrong. Once guideline as given, companies will need to formulate a product, conduct the required trials and submit. Generic approvals are running between 24 and 36 months from the time of submission.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: