for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Universal Hospital Services
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Universal Hospital Services Anonymous board for Universal Hospital Services

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Anonymous

Default uhs surgical services, laser

I am interviewing with uhs surgical services laser sales position. Can anyone tell me anything about this? Good, badd? What kind of $$ potential?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: uhs surgical services, laser

Not sure about salary potential, but there will be plenty of opportunity to hit your numbers. It is a new division within UHS and it is very disfunctional and chaotic because it is comprised of 5 different companies that have been purchased over the last 2 years.
It would be a good starter sales position in the medical field.
Good luck
Old 08-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Anonymous

I'm not in sales, but I became a part of Surgical Services when my previous employer was acquired and its been a horrible experience. You expect some problems with any acquisition, but this has been ridiculous. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. My impression of UHS is that the company is led by bad managers with questionable ethics who don't give a crap about employees. These people can look you in the eye and lie to your face. I wouldn't be here if I didn't need a job and I'm pretty sure you can find a better place to work.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: uhs surgical services, laser

RUN!!!!!!!!!
UHS Surgical is in deep Sh***!!!! They fired a Territory manager in the Chicago Area. She was fired for reporting a patient safety issue. She isn't dumb and UHS Surgical has a HUGE lawsuit brewing!! On top of that she recorded Jeff Singer on her IPhone putting his finger in her face and threatening her! She tried to report this to all the management but they would not listen. Or chose not to. Singer's little girlfriend was kicked out of Froedert and the VA in Milwaukee for endangering patients. Singer told this manager if he had to fire his little girl friend "She" meaning the manager was next. The Manager would not back down so Singer and his merry band of dipshits cooked up all kinds of stuff and fired her.
She has filed EEOC complaint, and whistleblower charges. My sister works in the attorney general's office and said they are opening up an investigation with consumer protection agency in IL and WI. The hospitals are going to get pulled into this. If you are interviewing in WI or Chicago RUN!! I am one of 3 techs in that area and Troy Keiger is trying to fire the one tech in Chicago too!! She is a older black woman getting her knees replaced!
This company has no morals and no ethics. If this manager gets this to court UHS and UHS Surgical is DONE!!!! Trust: This woman has some pretty powerful ears to bend! You will need to find another job and working for UHS Surgical is not going to look good on your resume when this hits the media! RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Anonymous

what area for surgical
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Anonymous

The Chicago Manager is RB. I worked with her a couple of times. She was very nice, and she was always willing to help. No matter what. But RB demanded that things were done right. Strickly by the books. RB would pick you up and drop you off at the airport, buy you lunch, and help move equipment. Usually sales reps are too important to get their hands dirty. She will show up in scrubs and ask YOU to put her to work!
If Jeff's friend is who I think she is; this girl was a walking disaster and should have never been allowed in the ER. Lucky somebody didn't get killed.
Ironically RB was the only one with balls enough to stand up to Singer. Everyone complained but Jay, Troy, Casey, and Susan ran scared.
The upper management in this company would sell their own children for personal gain. I am looking for another job overtime was nice at first but 80 hrs a week everyweek is a little much. Not worth my marriage.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Anonymous

Management will lie to you about what you will make, what equipment you have, and there is not enough techs to go around. Medical sales is all about reputation UHS Surgical will distroy yours. Becareful
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Anonymous

Welcome to UHS! This kind of thing is pretty much the norm.

The problem with UHS goes beyond bad management at the top. Unfortunately, we have bad people at the top. Singer is just one example.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: uhs surgical services, laser

If you have no dignity. No morals. Can lie like a rug, and look the other way. While making no money and being worked like a dog... This is perfect!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Anonymous

Just another day at UHS..
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: uhs surgical services, laser

UHS has a serious problem. I flew in to Chicago.. Showed up for a case today and the doc refused to use our laser. Went with Fortech for case. Might have something to due with the post above.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Anonymous

Bye Bye Singer
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Anonymous

You never know if things said on message boards are true...well this story is! Singer is GONE!
Surgical Services is about to be in even more trouble. There was shaky leadership to begin with and now Napoleon will head up the division.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

Way to go Singer! I hope they shit can Gary too! The only way this company will survive is a major house cleaning.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Anonymous

If by Napoleon you mean Spencer rumor has it his hands aren't clean either! I would love to be a fly in the wall at the next board meeting in MN..
Old 09-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Anonymous

Napoleon can only ask questions, never solutions. Temp move here as they are looking to move him out along with Gary friends with a recap. Singer was not the best, but could have built the business in time.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If by Napoleon you mean Spencer rumor has it his hands aren't clean either! I would love to be a fly in the wall at the next board meeting in MN..
Napoleon = Kuck
Spencer does not have the capacity from what I have seen to run an entire company, but then again neither did Singer. Singer couldn't even run the sales portion of a company that would even come close to hitting its sales revenue targets.
Gary will be gone in less than year, prob 3 months after the next Summit. He wants a free trip to Disney World.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Anonymous

Anyone no if there opening up in cincinnati
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Anonymous

Singer was an ass clown. I was forced to have dinner with him during some stupid meeting the company forced the lower pions to come to and he said, "I don't really know what you guys do because I've only ever seen 2 greenlight cases. I came from the grocery management world." Really? I'm glad he's gone. The rest of the top brass are just as clueless to everything.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: uhs surgical services, laser

Quote:
Singer was an ass clown. I was forced to have dinner with him during some stupid meeting the company forced the lower pions to come to and he said, "I don't really know what you guys do because I've only ever seen 2 greenlight cases. I came from the grocery management world." Really? I'm glad he's gone. The rest of the top brass are just as clueless to everything.
Grocery Management must have given him the edge with working around fruits.. lol
Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: uhs surgical services, laser

Really? I thought maybe he came from pharma OTC .... Preparation H???? He works so well with Gary and Beller throw inn Singer and you have the three biggest ass holes I have ever met with an extraordinary talent for peddling bullshit!!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: uhs surgical services, laser

I do not work for UHS but I am looking for an employee or former employee Rebkah Bell (Bernstein ) She resides in Wis. or Chicago If anyone can pass along a message will you please have her contact Nir at Rotem at our Arava Israel office.
Thank you
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Anonymous

I worked with a Rebecca Bell a couple of times in chicago. Good Gal and really missed by a lot of people. She is no longer will UHS. I think her lawyer has a firm in Chicago and Madison WI. His name is Randy Gold. He may know how to get a hold of her.
Please tell her we miss her, and hope she is doing well.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Anonymous

There has not been a good sales rep on the Chicago area since Surgical Services began. Hopefully there will be one in the near future.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: uhs surgical services, laser

Once the one they have now figures out which end the laser shoots fire out of we are good to go!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Anonymous

Good luck at this sh it hole. I was a tech w PRI, and the top paid tech in my area. Once UHS bought out, I knew they were looking to get rid of me bc they were bringing in kids w Master's Degrees and paying them $10k less. Call out sick after being hospitalized and when you call HR to tell them you're ready to come back, they fire you "for not calling out early enough".. also SL handled my offer letter and a good bit of my training, and only later did they tell me I was obligated to work on-call one full week a month. I really liked my job and I was really good at it, I ate a lit of sh it and they dropped me while I was sick to save a buck and get rid of someone who wasn't afraid to stand up for myself.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Anonymous

PRI was a good company. Lou cared about his people!!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Good luck at this sh it hole. I was a tech w PRI, and the top paid tech in my area. Once UHS bought out, I knew they were looking to get rid of me bc they were bringing in kids w Master's Degrees and paying them $10k less. Call out sick after being hospitalized and when you call HR to tell them you're ready to come back, they fire you "for not calling out early enough".. also SL handled my offer letter and a good bit of my training, and only later did they tell me I was obligated to work on-call one full week a month. I really liked my job and I was really good at it, I ate a lit of sh it and they dropped me while I was sick to save a buck and get rid of someone who wasn't afraid to stand up for myself.

That's the way it is with Blackford as CEO.

You could work another 250 years and not encounter someone as greedy and unethical. His management team is filled with birds of a feather.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 AM
Anonymous

they hire a bunch of new people, pay them less money, work them hard, then the more experience techs get less cases and less pay. everyday is miserable because they expect you to be there for them 24/7 even if they don't pay you. that's got to be illegal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: