» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Eli Lilly
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eli Lilly Anonymous board for Eli Lilly.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Default When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Exactly how much time to have until Armageddon? Is there anything in developement that might help?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Have you not been around that long? This topic has been discussed repeatedly ----repeatedly ---- repeatedly. Go to the bar to stimulate your brain activity.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Have you not been around that long? This topic has been discussed repeatedly ----repeatedly ---- repeatedly. Go to the bar to stimulate your brain activity.
The SnaFubar of course!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Anonymous

The Cymbalta patent expires in June of 2013. Despite my lying manager's assurances otherwise, there does not seem to be anything in development at this time that can save us. Barring something completely unforseen, the Lilly that we currently know can only last a yr or so.

Perhaps we will be bought or merge with another company. Best of luck to all.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Anonymous

Dec 2013 dopey. Pay attention to whats happening with your company...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The patent expires in June 2013. Generics are not allowed to enter the market until six months after patent expiration.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Anonymous

Sales force will continue to promote Cymbalta until mid- December 2013. At least that is the current plan.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Anonymous

what else does Neuro promote these days?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Anonymous

Worried Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Quote:
The patent expires in June 2013. Generics are not allowed to enter the market until six months after patent expiration.
The patent now expires Dec 2013 due to a 6 month patent extention granted for clinical trials done for patients under the age of 18. However, heads will roll way before that date.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Quote:
what else does Neuro promote these days?
Peace and love! We don't care if we sell anything! We just want good cvm scores from the three customers in our territories who fill out the surveys.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Are you condescending and demeaning to others because of your feelings of inadequacy or just because you're an ass??
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Anonymous

Nothing real insightful but here's the bottom line:

Neuro is dead. Strattera is a joke and once Cymbalta is gone there is nothing there. Pipeline stuff is total blue sky.

Basically there will not be enough chairs to sit down on when the music stops in this game of musical chairs, so many will be left standing- in the field and back in Indy.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Neuro is dead. Strattera is a joke and once Cymbalta is gone there is nothing there. Pipeline stuff is total blue sky.

Basically there will not be enough chairs to sit down on when the music stops in this game of musical chairs, so many will be left standing- in the field and back in Indy.
Well not sure why you think Strattera is a joke. It does about 400 million in sales- that is still a lot of money.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

I fill a gazillion prescriptions for Cymbalta. I fill zero prescriptions for Strattera. The world will notice when Cymablta goes generic. No one will notice when Strattera goes generic.

Lilly will be in a deep ditch when Cybalta goes.

But hey! I actually had a Bristol diabetes rep call on me in the pharmacy yesterday!! Lilly rep? Not so much.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Quote:
The Cymbalta patent expires in June of 2013. Despite my lying manager's assurances otherwise, there does not seem to be anything in development at this time that can save us. Barring something completely unforseen, the Lilly that we currently know can only last a yr or so.

GOOD! Time for you money grubbing loafs to get a real job. You reps are what makes drugs so expensive in the first place. I for one will rejoice at your unemployment! I'm sure millions of other people feel the same.

Good luck getting a job with no skills.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
GOOD! Time for you money grubbing loafs to get a real job. You reps are what makes drugs so expensive in the first place. I for one will rejoice at your unemployment! I'm sure millions of other people feel the same.

We work to feed out CEO. He needs $15 million a year just to make ends meet at home. He'll eliminate our trashcans to say $400,000, but won't take a temporary pay cut like the CEOs at less troubled companies. I believe Apple kicks out butt in every business category and it's CEO took less than a million last year. If John only made $10 million, that would save the company more than 25 six sigma projects combined. The average Joe at Lilly is not overpaid.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

We work to feed our CEO. He needs $15 million a year just to make ends meet at home. He'll eliminate our trashcans to save $400,000, but won't take a temporary pay cut like the CEOs of less troubled companies. I believe Apple kicks our butt in every business category and it's CEO took less than a million last year. If John only made $10 million, that would save the company more than 25 six sigma projects combined. The average Joe at Lilly is not overpaid.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
We work to feed our CEO. He needs $15 million a year just to make ends meet at home. He'll eliminate our trashcans to save $400,000, but won't take a temporary pay cut like the CEOs of less troubled companies. I believe Apple kicks our butt in every business category and it's CEO took less than a million last year. If John only made $10 million, that would save the company more than 25 six sigma projects combined. The average Joe at Lilly is not overpaid.
What a Wonderful idea.

If John is true to his word (as he mouths to Wall Street) about the pipeline, get rid of Six Sigma entirely! It has no place in a research- and pipeline- oriented company. SS is for manufacturing, and that's mostly on the decline in the US.

You want pipeline, John? Axe Six Sigma and put the doctors and scientists back to work at the bench!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What a Wonderful idea.

If John is true to his word (as he mouths to Wall Street) about the pipeline, get rid of Six Sigma entirely! It has no place in a research- and pipeline- oriented company. SS is for manufacturing, and that's mostly on the decline in the US.

You want pipeline, John? Axe Six Sigma and put the doctors and scientists back to work at the bench!
I want whatever is best for the stock price. I am Wall Street's bitch.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Anonymous

Why didn't Lily jiggle a few molecules and pull the same trick AZ pulled with Prilosec/Nexium and attempt to evergreen the duloxetine patent? Or is that in the works?

(I write contemptuously about the pharmaceutical industry regarding psychoactive drugs.)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why didn't Lilly jiggle a few molecules and pull the same trick AZ pulled with Prilosec/Nexium and attempt to evergreen the duloxetine patent? Or is that in the works?

(I write contemptuously about the pharmaceutical industry regarding psychoactive drugs.)
Corrected.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Anonymous

I don't think anything is in the works. They're in the process now of reorganizing and laying off staff. Have already outsourced IT and plenty of internal positions. Lots of mumbo jumbo about how we have the strongest pipeline ever. Still will cut people first. People are NOT the most valuable resource.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I don't think anything is in the works. They're in the process now of reorganizing and laying off staff. Have already outsourced IT and plenty of internal positions. Lots of mumbo jumbo about how we have the strongest pipeline ever. Still will cut people first. People are NOT the most valuable resource.
Thanks. Even with the pediatric extension (Dec 2013), a $3-billion fiscal cliff of lost Cymbalta revenue looms in 2014. The market doesn't appear to be concerned. Yet. Looks like many the company has done a far better job convincing market analysts of a golden pipeline than employees.

Their mouths go one way, their feet the other.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Quote:
Why didn't Lily jiggle a few molecules and pull the same trick AZ pulled with Prilosec/Nexium and attempt to evergreen the duloxetine patent? Or is that in the works?

because even that is too advanced for Lilly! We tried to run an isomer play with fluoxetine prior to the Prozac patent expiration but Lilly couldn't make that happen either.

Ol'Timer
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks. Even with the pediatric extension (Dec 2013), a $3-billion fiscal cliff of lost Cymbalta revenue looms in 2014. The market doesn't appear to be concerned. Yet. Looks like many the company has done a far better job convincing market analysts of a golden pipeline than employees.

Their mouths go one way, their feet the other.
More like $5+ bill. They won't convince employees of anything because they're in the process of firing us---oh sorry, reorganizing and right sizing. They can provide all the lip service to the world they want, but when large numbers of employees are without jobs, who would be so stupid as to believe them. If those products are that promising and anywhere near close, they wouldn't be slashing staff.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
because even that is too advanced for Lilly! We tried to run an isomer play with fluoxetine prior to the Prozac patent expiration but Lilly couldn't make that happen either.

Ol'Timer
Yep, Lilly first tries to do it without manipulating the molecules. Remember Sarafem? Remember Prozac Weekly? Remember Keflex? Keftab? Keflet? Why bother the research chemists if you don't have to.

At least in the old days they had enough research capability to do mirror image molecules. Remember Darvon? And Novrad?

Are you a real Ol' Timer?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

The slaughter will go in phases. April is the first leg. July another leg. By October, there will be a LOT of pissed off people. All the while John laughs all the way to the bank.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Anonymous

It's going to affect Biomedicines more in July but diabetes next year
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Ol'Timer
Ol' Timer. I've only been following CP for six months but you my friend have the most insight, candor and sense of style that LLY misses. Too bad this is anonymous because I'd love to meet you! Thanks for your blogs! Keep them coming.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Catherine

Lilly might just best change it's business model, shrinking, abandoning from it's pie-in-the-sky dreams, and manufacturing generics itself. The increased competition would be welcome by consumers, whom companies like this have really shafted in the past with their pricing.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Lilly might just best change it's business model, shrinking, abandoning from it's pie-in-the-sky dreams, and manufacturing generics itself. The increased competition would be welcome by consumers, whom companies like this have really shafted in the past with their pricing.
So true. WTF does a company like this need a thousand lawyers at 250k+ per year?

There would be plenty of good patent meds, if you have a good scientist base.

Right now, nothing but a bunch of scared chickens in the labs and offices
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
"Manufacturing generics itself?" Really? Does Lilly really have people who still know how to make stuff anymore?

It is a nice thought, but I am not sure Lilly could consistently meet FDA manufacturing standards....nobody at Lilly remembers how to do that.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nah, we paid McKinsey about a gazillion dollars for them to interview King John Lil and a few of his court jesters to cook up a report that reflected their desire to be innovation focused. So the generics pipe dream isn't happening until we get a CEO who has a little heart for the generics side of the industry.

When will Lilly ever kick the management consulting habit? We were on the road to recovery in the not too distant path and then we had a fierce relapse and have been on the downward spiral ever since.

I mean think about this: we pay these brilliant, integrity devoid hacks a gazillion dollars for them to recommend FIPNET, but don't ever think about how these guys are owners or major investors in the companies that replace our dearly beloved and respected employees, resulting in another gazillion dollars going back into their fat pockets. Covance, Fischer Scientific, Johnson Controls, Aramark, H-P, Tata, ZS, Ventiv, etc. are all a part of this Fraud.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Anonymous

I called the manufacturer. I spoke to their public relations department. They said they have no information regarding the expiration of the Cymbalta patent. REALLY...REALLY! REALLY?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Anonymous

Expiration of Cymbalta in United States is December 10 or 11, 2013.

Lilly will NOT make a generic! Though similar to Prozac Lilly will continue to manufacture Cymbalta if a patient would like the brand name. However, the brand name Cymbalta made by Lilly will not be covered by insurance companies so patients would have to pay cash.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Expiration of Cymbalta in United States is December 10 or 11, 2013.

Lilly will NOT make a generic! Though similar to Prozac Lilly will continue to manufacture Cymbalta if a patient would like the brand name. However, the brand name Cymbalta made by Lilly will not be covered by insurance companies so patients would have to pay cash.
The overseas Cymbalta has been just as good or better for many years now, at a small fraction of the price. Google it.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The overseas Cymbalta has been just as good or better for many years now, at a small fraction of the price. Google it.
You clearly no nothing regarding this industry. If you don't like the price don't buy it!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Anonymous

I sold Pharma for over 10 yrs. It's a joke and ripoff like the rest of our healthcare system. I took cymbalta for 2 yrs for fibro and now have a $200 co-pay. So now I live off Aleve. Its BS but will never change. Own it.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I sold Pharma for over 10 yrs. It's a joke and ripoff like the rest of our healthcare system. I took cymbalta for 2 yrs for fibro and now have a $200 co-pay. So now I live off Aleve. Its BS but will never change. Own it.
You don't have a $200 co-pay. If your paying $200 your insurance doesn't cover it and your paying the full amount for the drug. Get better insurance.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Anonymous

Yeah the company goes down but old Leichleiter has his millions and I mean millions for his retirement.

Maybe.

The golden parachute threads are being cut folks. Get what you can and get out asap.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Anonymous

A 90 day supply w/o insurance in PA costs $2,000.00 plus. I know because I was just charged that amount. All I can say is the Pharma industry is run by whores!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
A 90 day supply w/o insurance in PA costs $2,000.00 plus. I know because I was just charged that amount. All I can say is the Pharma industry is run by whores!!!!
You can find much better SNREs from Europe at 10% of that price online.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That price is bogus
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Quote:
Same poster proudly wears their "MADE IN CHINA" gold Rolex!

Wrist turns green---blames a drug company for causing it!

Go Away Scientology Trolls!

Ol' Timer
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Same poster proudly wears their "MADE IN CHINA" gold Rolex!

Wrist turns green---blames a drug company for causing it!

Go Away Scientology Trolls!

Ol' Timer
Are you talking about Tom Cruise?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

we have a Winner!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
dodiemcc721

The patent now expires Dec 2013 due to a 6 month patent extention granted for clinical trials done for patients under the age of 18. However, heads will roll way before that date.

That 6 month extension and 6 month waiting period really bites for adult patients with nerve pain, whatever the source. That would push the release in generic form to June 2014. I personally know many fibromyalgia patients (myself included) who are on the edge of their seats waiting for Cymbalta to go generic. I don't qualify for any patient assistance programs as I have worked all my adult life as a master's level social worker, so my disability income is more than most. To think that when I became disabled from this horrible illness, I was in medical sales and wanted to go into pharmaceutical sales after I got my 2 year sales experience. The more I learn about pharmaceutical companies I thank God I didn't, they are all about the dollar, not about the patients it helps.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiemcc721 View Post

That 6 month extension and 6 month waiting period really bites for adult patients with nerve pain, whatever the source. That would push the release in generic form to June 2014. I personally know many fibromyalgia patients (myself included) who are on the edge of their seats waiting for Cymbalta to go generic. I don't qualify for any patient assistance programs as I have worked all my adult life as a master's level social worker, so my disability income is more than most. To think that when I became disabled from this horrible illness, I was in medical sales and wanted to go into pharmaceutical sales after I got my 2 year sales experience. The more I learn about pharmaceutical companies I thank God I didn't, they are all about the dollar, not about the patients it helps.
You see, our DearLechLeader is the Hannibal of Pharma "Leadership." He enjoys light snacks, such as beer-seasoned local meat with a peach and ether glazed Marlboro Light, slathered in mid western Hot Rod Style Flavor Juice.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You see, our DearLechLeader is the Hannibal of Pharma "Leadership." He enjoys light snacks, such as beer-seasoned local meat with a peach and ether glazed Marlboro Light, slathered in mid western Hot Rod Style Flavor Juice.
In In'da'nap'lis, that's called Double Johnny Style
Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
In In'da'nap'lis, that's called Double Johnny Style
"...that HAWGG is on FIRE...havin' a surgery/
spare us his catastrophe...."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: