What happened to the 1488 thread?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was here, now it's gone... I'm not surprised that someone pleaded with CP to have it removed. We wouldn't want anyone to find out how shitty the 1488 is.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of the 1488 HD "wireless" endoscopy, and I will admit up front that I may have missed some explanation along the way, but isn't that a wire hanging down in the picture of the "WIRELESS 1488 endoscopic camera". Oh wait maybe it is antenna. Like I mentioned I may have missed some of that magical mystical Stryker magic marketing voo doo that you do so well. But, that sure looks like a wire...I'm just saying.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently you missed quite a bit. Where did you ever hear that we had a "WIRELESS 1488 endoscopic camera". You definitely did not hear that from Stryker. I bet you are a Linvawreck rep...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well first of all you would lose your bet that I am a Linvawreck rep. Secondly, liar liar pants on fire on you. If you check on the Conmed, Karl Stortz, Olympus Endoscopy or Smith and Nephew board there is an add for "New Endoscope by Stryker The 1488 HD 3 chip camera wireless endoscopy camera"and as a matter of fact it is on the top of the screen right now as I am typing this response. Now someone is wrong here either you that feels I definitely didn't hear that from Stryker, or all of us that have seen the sponsored adds on those boards. This kind of reminds me of the Bill Clinton statement that "he did not have sexual relations with that girl" . One of the ads is in the side panel marked sponsore ads so either Stryker sponsored these adds or someone is paying for them just to make Stryker look dishonest. But then again, this is Stryker Marketing and I am sure there is some very simple explanation about how the add definitly says wireless camera but in reality I should never really believe that because.........well because this is Stryker.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid response. How long did it take you to write that up slappy?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid or not you still didn't address slappy's point. I too have seen the come on adds about the "wireless" camera. You have to admit it is a little misleading.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The wireless refers to WiSe ie no video cables required between the CCU and the monitor. 1488 as far as I can tell won't be a revolutionary camera.
    Similar with the step up from 1088 to 1188. However having used 888,988,1088,1188,1288 and using 1488 for the first time yesterday the camera head feels slightly lighter, and is easier to hold.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have a feeling that guy got scared his job offer was going to become nonexistent from Stryker if it stayed up for to long. The 1488 does have a good ergonomic design but just hope your general surgeons don't start asking about the "noise" in the image. Once again Marketing has rushed a product to market thats not half what they are tyring to claim it is. No surprise I was told to lead with the 1288 for my next eval...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the 3d like Linvatec has. You got to have something better than Linvatec. Your telling me you have a polished up 1288 with a new label.

With those lack of upgrades to your 1488 system is that going to give arthrex an advantage?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CMOS technology is definately a huge step forward, much more light sensitive than CCD, which means you have a brighter, clearer image with out having to have the lightsource turned all the way up.

The only company who can really compete with Stryker is Karl Storz, everyone else just offers cheap and nasty products. So they only win deals when it comes down to price.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cheap and Nasty? I don't know what that is supposed to mean... The reality is the difference in
    video quality produced from virtually all companies(minus Wolf of course) is minimal and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. It comes down to service and features and we still don't have an Autoclavable camera head, our pricing is high and there have been image issues with the 1488 head. We have been in this game for a long time but there are new technologies out there and I for one hope we don't once again allow Marketing to dictate how we respond. It is our game to loose and the competition have been postings plenty of wins and its not only because of pricing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, not having a current A/C camera is a huge disadvantage having 3 generations of Cameras to sell and service seems crazy. 1188AC, 1288 and 1488.. In the emerging markets i.e India and China an Autoclavable Camera is essential for Stryker to compete.

I think I read somewhere we weren't doing A/C anymore as the demand domestically wasn't sufficient enough.

Has anyone got thoughts on the SDC3 and is there any information on a new Lightsource coming out?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cease distribution?
    not legal?
    interesting. i guess they just pay a fine and keep convincing idiot clients they actually need these overpriced money pits.