» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Shire
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Supernus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I will have a job come December!! Why? Because I perform! Nothing to worry about here. I know how to sell and don't need a script to move share!
If you think it's going to be only those who don't perform that are displaced you're foolish.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you think it's going to be only those who don't perform that are displaced you're foolish.
Targets are being cut. LESS TARGETS means LESS REPS needed. Yes, MS reps are gone first, but there is not alot of those reps left here. A lot of good reps will be gone. No one is safe. Unless you had a CE in the last 2 years. Even then you could be forced to relocate because of access or distance of the new territories cut. No one is safe people. Don't get caught with your pants down.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Anonymous

I think only 15% of sales force gets a CE rating. With that, over the course of two years, there are only about 150 of those rankings out there. I would guess if you have at least one CE, you are safe....unless you are so rural there are no other territories near you.....in which case I think you will be offered a relocation.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Quite a few reps gave their 2 weeks today with Shire to leave to be managers for Supernus. Does anyone know who did? Sounds like a good time to leave with whats happening at Shire...we wish them the best in their future...not...we will dominate you guys!
Don't know if that is true but I contacted HR at superus and they Sid all positions were filled
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Anonymous

Maybe learn how to spell first before you start calling HR trying to get a job!! lol
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't know if that is true but I contacted HR at superus and they Sid all positions were filled
I respect your proactive approach. You are absolutely blind if you are not looking to leave Shire...even if you make the cut!

If you can't see the future, or lack thereof, then go get your vision checked!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Anonymous

I 100% agree with you! It's shocking how many complacent reps there are around here and will stay at shire as long as possible. People around here are scared of change and wouldn't know what to do without shire. It's really a shame! Get your heads out of your asses and start looking now!! Shire is not what it once was nor is it ever going to be like it once was again!! Good luck everyone!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Anonymous

BTW........I heard supernus is cult like is this true???
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
BTW........I heard supernus is cult like is this true???

What company isn't? That's the problem with corporate America today. Dumb ass upper mgmt will not allow talented employees to think for themselves!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It's a GREAT time be an ADHD rep with Shire. If the company keeps us around, we get to sell against a competitor. It takes physicans awhile to try new drugs, in the meantime Pfizer will be providing a strong sales force that will be in our PED's offices talking about the value of treating ADHD. The best sales reps at shire will capitalize on this situation and use it to further expand on Pfizer's point on treating ADHD with Vyvanse and Intuniv. Get a grip people. This is the exact reason why Shire needs us out there selling.
Yeah but the effective reps will be gone... Have you noticed how many of the top 100 are gone? How many PC winners are gone or soon could be. Found out from my RD that CM reps could win out over CE reps because of the stupid selection criteria. Anyway $100 says Shire is bought out or merges with another Company. (Probably Teva) within 18 months. Then everyone left is screwed because with Obama in office there won't be to apply to
Old 11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Targets are being cut. LESS TARGETS means LESS REPS needed. Yes, MS reps are gone first, but there is not alot of those reps left here. A lot of good reps will be gone. No one is safe. Unless you had a CE in the last 2 years. Even then you could be forced to relocate because of access or distance of the new territories cut. No one is safe people. Don't get caught with your pants down.
Very true but CE's are less safe then you would think I am a CE and my RD said that could lose out based on the more tenured rep even though they never got better than CM or past senior Prof. But is a few miles closer to the hub
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Very true but CE's are less safe then you would think I am a CE and my RD said that could lose out based on the more tenured rep even though they never got better than CM or past senior Prof. But is a few miles closer to the hub
False
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Anonymous

Is this a good company to work for? I can't find anything on this company other than on the Shire board for some reason? If anyone has any insights that would be very helpful! Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
False
Not false bc of geography
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Anonymous

I don't think a cm would beat a ce if they are just a "couple" miles closer to the hub. I think it would take more than just a "couple" miles difference.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Anonymous

CE's are safer than anyone because it's the first critera. Here is how it will work, anyone with a MS will be placed on the cut list. All CE's will be placed. Then Geography will place everyone else. If there is two reps and only one territory, Tenure will win and the less tenured CM rep will be placed in another territory or moved to the cut list. Any open spots will then be placed by the closest CM rep, if no CM rep is in the area a MS rep will fill it.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Anonymous

I am in a metro area with 6 reps. We live within 15 miles of each other. I have a CE for 2011 and 14 years tenure. I think I'll be ok.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Anonymous

Thanks for letting us know. Oh wait... Never mind I don't give a shit
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Anonymous

And why has the Supernus thread become the place for people to bitch about Shire?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Anonymous

You are a dumbshit if you don't know. So, get the f out of this thread! Idiot!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are a dumbshit if you don't know. So, get the f out of this thread! Idiot!
Shit head, there are dozens of posts complaining about the layoffs, severance, etc. I love your attitude about it though. You're really tough on an anonymous forum though, I'm impressed. I'd love to speak to you about this personally at a national meeting or something, but you're gonna be laid off in 5 days, so that's out of the question. Enjoy unemployment, tough guy.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Anonymous

Pussy
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Pussy
You are what you eat, dick.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Anonymous

who is laughing now Shire?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Anonymous

Just because we're going through a tough time doesn't mean the grass is greener Supernus! You guys don't have a clue and think the industry is the same as it was years ago - good luck with that frequency on Neuro's - they used to love that memorized script from a 24 yo Enterprise rep.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Just because we're going through a tough time doesn't mean the grass is greener Supernus! You guys don't have a clue and think the industry is the same as it was years ago - good luck with that frequency on Neuro's - they used to love that memorized script from a 24 yo Enterprise rep.
I'm not saying the grass in greener and I can't speak for Supernus but Shire is on the last leg!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lol. And you think what we are doing now is working? Leadership keeps preaching how we need to do things differently and adapt b/c the industry has changed so much. We have an awesome med, no competition, and great coverage and we are going backwards. We just came off of our worst BTS ever and a 20% lay-off. I dont know if the old way will still work but i do know the 'new' way DOESNT! Keep drinking the customer based Koop-aid! It may keep you employed for 1 more year. Oh yeah, what are we gonna sell next? Additional indications for Vyvanse? Interesting how that chatter has quieted down to a whisper. We are done and we have Yasick and the gang to thank.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Anonymous

I am sure that Supernus will do well with the winners that they hired for managers!! Wow some real gems there!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lol. And you think what we are doing now is working? Leadership keeps preaching how we need to do things differently and adapt b/c the industry has changed so much. We have an awesome med, no competition, and great coverage and we are going backwards. We just came off of our worst BTS ever and a 20% lay-off. I dont know if the old way will still work but i do know the 'new' way DOESNT! Keep drinking the customer based Koop-aid! It may keep you employed for 1 more year. Oh yeah, what are we gonna sell next? Additional indications for Vyvanse? Interesting how that chatter has quieted down to a whisper. We are done and we have Yasick and the gang to thank.
No, I'm not on the Kool-Aid but I have worked for both models and you have philosophies on either end of the spectrum. It would be nice to meet in the middle. Their model is memorized scripts and once a week frequency on neurologists at that. The industry has changed and this is no longer effective. Pharma is NOT the same industry regardless of the company you work for - this was my only point - the grass isn't greener because you work for another pharma company. I do know their RD's are the interim RD's that were at Shire telling reps they need to think "new Shire" not old Shire and these will be the same RD's driving scripts, frequency, and numbers/numbers/numbers down the reps throats not because they believe that is most effective but because that's what they are told to do. You're right about having an awesome med and yes, Shire needs to get it going in the right direction.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Anonymous

He's baaaacccccckkkkkk
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Anonymous

I thought Taylor was head of sales there?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Anonymous

No he is not. VV is.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Anonymous

He must be disappointed. Too bad. Solid person.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Anonymous

Hope they are producing results
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Anonymous

interesting for those who feel some of us are robots.......what happened after the clarissa mentality of go think for yourselves and do what you want in the field???? Well, the company is now falling apart to the point that there is no plan, no message, no bonus to go after and perform and morale is at the very bottom and the worst its been in years....just a bunch of people crying about how things aren't fair..and oh my God, to memorize a script is the end of the world......I still memorize my stuff....it allows those who do to absolutely know what to say and when to say it.....I'll kick the crap out of any of you ..."thinkers on your own" in a contest any day....Supernus will explode and become the next great cns company....why...because of how they run the model. Meanwhile, the losers who cry and complain will sit at home and feel so good about getting paid $100k and brag that they don't work....
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;4645707]interesting for those who feel some of us are robots.......what happened after the clarissa mentality of go think for yourselves and do what you want in the field???? Well, the company is now falling apart to the point that there is no plan, no message, no bonus to go after and perform and morale is at the very bottom and the worst its been in years....just a bunch of people crying about how things aren't fair..and oh my God, to memorize a script is the end of the world......I still memorize my stuff....it allows those who do to absolutely know what to say and when to say it.....I'll kick the crap out of any of you ..."thinkers on your own" in a contest any day....Supernus will explode and become the next great cns company....why...because of how they run the model. Meanwhile, the losers who cry and complain will sit at home and feel so good about getting paid $100k and brag that they don't work..

Ask victor how equetro did....
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;4646052]
Quote:
interesting for those who feel some of us are robots.......what happened after the clarissa mentality of go think for yourselves and do what you want in the field???? Well, the company is now falling apart to the point that there is no plan, no message, no bonus to go after and perform and morale is at the very bottom and the worst its been in years....just a bunch of people crying about how things aren't fair..and oh my God, to memorize a script is the end of the world......I still memorize my stuff....it allows those who do to absolutely know what to say and when to say it.....I'll kick the crap out of any of you ..."thinkers on your own" in a contest any day....Supernus will explode and become the next great cns company....why...because of how they run the model. Meanwhile, the losers who cry and complain will sit at home and feel so good about getting paid $100k and brag that they don't work..

Ask Mike how it is he could run GI into the ground and turn it into the opportunity to go backwards with the #1 ADHD franchise. Customer based losing...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Anonymous

That isn't nice. He means well.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
interesting for those who feel some of us are robots.......what happened after the clarissa mentality of go think for yourselves and do what you want in the field???? Well, the company is now falling apart to the point that there is no plan, no message, no bonus to go after and perform and morale is at the very bottom and the worst its been in years....just a bunch of people crying about how things aren't fair..and oh my God, to memorize a script is the end of the world......I still memorize my stuff....it allows those who do to absolutely know what to say and when to say it.....I'll kick the crap out of any of you ..."thinkers on your own" in a contest any day....Supernus will explode and become the next great cns company....why...because of how they run the model. Meanwhile, the losers who cry and complain will sit at home and feel so good about getting paid $100k and brag that they don't work..

Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

Guess have to defend this a bit, must be a loser and crier as you picked out only one, plus I bet you blame others constantly for your inability to perform and just a hunch, you don't work more than 3 hours a day and you are proud of that...wonder what mommy and daddy would think of you..what about Adderall, AXR, Carbatrol, helping turn richwood into a multi billion $ place to work called shire. guess you're gonna say it was luck....you'd probably be working as a carwasher if VV wasn't part of the original group.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Anonymous

How is the launch going there?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Anonymous

Any news on how it is going?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Anonymous

I heard they still have not produced a script.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I heard they still have not produced a script.
I heard you haven't produced a script either.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Anonymous

Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Anonymous

How are they doing?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Anonymous

Hope they are doing well
Old 12-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Supernus

Heard that Harry and Gary were hired at Supernus today. I would do anything to get out of here.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Anonymous

I wish them much success! They are great leaders who treated me with great respect and made me feel like I made a difference at Shire.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Anonymous

The Supernus stock price is at a 52 week high. Things must be going really well there. I am happy for them and hope they do big things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: