for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Abbott
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Anonymous

Smile New Managment Structure

Can it be true?? That DMs are going to be a thing of the past? There will be admin manager to handle admin things but no more field rides, conf calls, etc? I heard this about the pilot program and it was overwhelmingly postive and productivity went through the roof. Please be True....After all We are all adults that can make decisions on our own are we not??
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: New Managment Structure

We could only be so lucky! For those that are left anyways...
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: New Managment Structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Can it be true?? That DMs are going to be a thing of the past? There will be admin manager to handle admin things but no more field rides, conf calls, etc? I heard this about the pilot program and it was overwhelmingly postive and productivity went through the roof. Please be True....After all We are all adults that can make decisions on our own are we not??
The new management structure is the same as the old...namely.. Miles craps on gonzowho then craps on you and you then crap on ...well never mind
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Anonymous

From a reliable source..... DM's will be a thing of the past.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

This would be a dream come true. The managers are pointless. I see mine once a year for a car inspection that Jiffy Lube could do. My territory is at the top which means so is he. He does absolutely nothing and makes a killing pushing us to have accounts call in orders early. It just keeps us robbing Peter to pay Paul. So stupid and it screws the reps up for the next month or year just so he can look good or win some trip. I wouldn't mind if he actually helped us out with wisdom, returned our calls or answered our questions.

Just a dream...but a good one.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: New Managment Structure

Yes, DMs are going the way of the Dinosaur hopefully just as quick and painful....hooray hooray, no more Field Rides, Spread sheets, etc...Reliable source says so...
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes, DMs are going the way of the Dinosaur hopefully just as quick and painful....hooray hooray, no more Field Rides, Spread sheets, etc...Reliable source says so...
This should have been completed 20 years ago. You do not need to pay some self-important person in fancy shoes with an arts degree 150k to ride around in the car a couple times a week and act cool.

They are needed for about 3 months with a brand new hire right out of college.

I have never seen a group of average people think they are so great. In reality, they would be lucky to work as customer service rep in most industries. Watch Merck and the other big pharma sheep get in-line on this one.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Anonymous

Smile Re: New Managment Structure

So true. It is coming. There will be about 40-50 reps per administrative area manager. This person will be responsible for approving expense reports, sending out emails with deadlines, etc due dates, etc tracking completiion on PPD modules, etc. There will no longer be a DM that rides with you, and all the other stuff that gets in the way of having a productive day. Performance will once again be tied to quota attainment and no longer tied to "Core Competencies". You and your team will have a business and you will be able to run it like a business. look for more meetings though i hear once a month local/regional meetings but they wont be like the meetings we have now. You will meet with admin manager, and marketing and profit teams. This is coming folks. DMS are scared stiff on this because they are not being considered for any positions. Abbvie owes them nothing either! DMs are the most expensive and lowest ROI in the entire organization.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Anonymous

I am not totally convinced that this specific model is coming. I am convinced though that DMs are in deep shit when Abbvie hits. There is no way this new "lean" company will tolerate a reporting structure of mangmt that is so heavy. This will also be affected by the sheer number of rep layoffs, further reducing the number of bosses required.
The biggest shocker will be the impact all the way up the mgmt reporting chain. RMs, SDs, as well as DMs are really on a very slippery slope. Many of them will be gettiing the boot along with lowly reps. Would bet my job on it. LOL!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Anonymous

Are you all only talking about Abbvie or will Abbott be included. I am on Athens Abbott side and would love to see middle management go! Worthless position. Most reps suck at paperwork so to have an admin person to send out deadlines and other info would be great.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Anonymous

DM's will be protected. Count on it. Don't hate us, we are just going to take your job. It's a matter of common business practice.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Anonymous

That would be wonderful, but I doubt it. They apparently like having jerks in DM positions
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
DM's will be protected. Count on it. Don't hate us, we are just going to take your job. It's a matter of common business practice.
The new company already knows "business as usual" doesn't work in the new reality. My advice to DMs? Start using the self-service lanes at the supermarket to familiarize yourself with the only other job you're qualified for.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Anonymous

Who should be the first to go? Ajit katdare is one of the biggest jerks I'm ever experienced. He abuses him reps and makes passes at his female reps. He is an HR accident waiting to happen.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Who should be the first to go? Ajit katdare is one of the biggest jerks I'm ever experienced. He abuses him reps and makes passes at his female reps. He is an HR accident waiting to happen.
I really hope they can the jolly green euro trash axeman in the tight brown polyester pants. He seems to want to boink everyone and get paid for it too. I think he is overstepping, but then he is a giant so it cannot really be helped.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Kindly go fuck yourself. If you truly believe that, I've got some property in Jersey to sell you. Managers are totally screwed when the new company is established. This current reporting structure is ridiculous and negligent. Certainly is not lean and mean. Managers are nonproducers and are not needed. Seated reps are established in their territories so they have a better chance at surviving the Abbvie debacle. Alot of reps will be let go that is certain, but almost ALL managers will be eliminated. And so it shall roll out. Nice to see shit roll UPHILL for a change.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Kindly go fuck yourself. If you truly believe that, I've got some property in Jersey to sell you. Managers are totally screwed when the new company is established. This current reporting structure is ridiculous and negligent. Certainly is not lean and mean. Managers are nonproducers and are not needed. Seated reps are established in their territories so they have a better chance at surviving the Abbvie debacle. Alot of reps will be let go that is certain, but almost ALL managers will be eliminated. And so it shall roll out. Nice to see shit roll UPHILL for a change.
Not very nice but 100% true.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Anonymous

Gotta love the "shit flowing UPHILL" reference. That sums it up.

50% reduction in reps and 99% reduction in managers.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not very nice but 100% true.
I wuv Abbott! Just sayin....
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Anonymous

I wuv my DM. I hope he is safe cause he is very nice to me and lets me play golf with him on ride alongs. What a sweet heart!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Anonymous

Me and my DM go to tata bars during our ridealongs. What a pal she is!!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I really hope they can the jolly green euro trash axeman in the tight brown polyester pants. He seems to want to boink everyone and get paid for it too. I think he is overstepping, but then he is a giant so it cannot really be helped.

He really needs some help as he is in peoples face for nothing. With ride alongs he psuhes reps too far where it is bad for moral behavior and is counterproductive.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Anonymous

With the new system poor performing reps will receive an email directing them to meet the Admin Assistant at the airport with their car packed to turn everything in if you fail to meet your quota for two quarters. This will same money by not having PIPs and other training programs.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
He really needs some help as he is in peoples face for nothing. With ride alongs he psuhes reps too far where it is bad for moral behavior and is counterproductive.
"bad for moral"

dumb hick rep
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"bad for moral"

dumb hick rep
Yea, Ajit go ahead and attack the perosn that does not agree with you. They were probably typing on a cell phone. Spell check corrections? Think of that!

You are some trick? Always covering your ass! Never listening to the truth or anyone other then yourself! So many people just do not like you. Do not see it! You try to rule by fear instead of compassion. People see right through yourself-centered approach to everything. Grow up little boy! Hopefully you will be one of the first managers to go.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yea, Ajit go ahead and attack the perosn that does not agree with you. They were probably typing on a cell phone. Spell check corrections? Think of that!

You are some trick? Always covering your ass! Never listening to the truth or anyone other then yourself! So many people just do not like you. Do not see it! You try to rule by fear instead of compassion. People see right through yourself-centered approach to everything. Grow up little boy! Hopefully you will be one of the first managers to go.
I don't know who this guy is but this is very simple to figure out. If my patents gave me that name I would be mad at

#1 My Parents

And

#2 The World

There ya go...pretty easy to figure out. Cut the guy a break would ya!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am not totally convinced that this specific model is coming. I am convinced though that DMs are in deep shit when Abbvie hits. There is no way this new "lean" company will tolerate a reporting structure of mangmt that is so heavy. This will also be affected by the sheer number of rep layoffs, further reducing the number of bosses required.
The biggest shocker will be the impact all the way up the mgmt reporting chain. RMs, SDs, as well as DMs are really on a very slippery slope. Many of them will be gettiing the boot along with lowly reps. Would bet my job on it. LOL!
Yeah!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"bad for moral"

dumb hick rep
Ajit I am sorry!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Anonymous

At Lifescan they laid off all of the DBMs in their shakeup last Thursday and they all have to reapply for their jobs.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This should have been completed 20 years ago. You do not need to pay some self-important person in fancy shoes with an arts degree 150k to ride around in the car a couple times a week and act cool.

They are needed for about 3 months with a brand new hire right out of college.

I have never seen a group of average people think they are so great. In reality, they would be lucky to work as customer service rep in most industries. Watch Merck and the other big pharma sheep get in-line on this one.
Merckie here. This can't happen soon enough! Nothing against most of these people, but if it were my business, I would be all over this.

They're paying us to be self starters, so treat us like that for a change. This would raise my motivation tenfold!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!! Make mine a double!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Anonymous

So how did you like the play Mr. Lincoln?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Anonymous

the play was good but the intermission was terrible!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So how did you like the play Mr. Lincoln?
Actually, the joke is this: "So how did you like the play MRS. LIncoln?" He was dead at the time in case you don't understand the implication....

Everybody knows that, unless of course, you didn't really graduate from college with a degree...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: