for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Abbott
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Anonymous

Banghead AV Temecula Layoffs

Heard from different sources that the next layoffs concerning Abbott Vascular Temecula will be on or around January 23, 2013 of approximatly 400-500 people.

Can someone confirm or provide information of what they know?

In recent past, layoffs occured after quarterly earnings and this would be about the time 4th quarter earnings would be revealed.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Heard from different sources that the next layoffs concerning Abbott Vascular Temecula will be on or around January 23, 2013 of approximatly 400-500 people.

Can someone confirm or provide information of what they know?

In recent past, layoffs occured after quarterly earnings and this would be about the time 4th quarter earnings would be revealed.
I heard either the 15th or the 23rd...but you know how management is...if they hear we know the date, they'll just change it!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Heard hundreds to be let go at Abbott park on 1/23. Any truths? Just wanted to prepare. I have already cancelled netflicks.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Heard hundreds to be let go at Abbott park on 1/23. Any truths? Just wanted to prepare. I have already cancelled netflicks.
Oh, man, I just renewed my subscription to Car & Driver.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Anonymous

Who buys a subscription?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Anonymous

15-20% across most departments. 2nd shift ENDO lines are impacted i.e no more 2nd shift. Haven't heard anything about Dilatation 2nd shift lines
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Anonymous

Angry Temecula layoffs soon

I have heard from a high-level supervisor in Temecula that he expects the 500ish layoff in Temecula today or soon. Something about 2nd shift for production of the stents being eliminated. Some people may be moved to morning shift if you're valued there like he is.
Don't know any other details as I don't work there.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Anonymous

Angry Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Heard the layoffs were delayed. They were supposed to happen around Jan. 23 and now will happen before the end of Feb.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Anonymous

RIFs delayed until mid-Feb. Murrieta and Beringen facilities will be taking a dirt nap. Approx. 500 people will be impacted.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Anonymous

just got word that layoffs are Feb. 6, 2013. heard from multiple reliable sources. They said if you have 4 or more incidents you are on the choping block and the rest will be performance based. Some people have already been "semi" notified" to soften the blow come wed. Yes heard the same as posts above, mainly second shift and restructuring and around 500 people in the temecula/murrieta locations.

Personally I am sick of directors and higher ups saying layoff's are not performance based but "business needs" when it's a flat out lie.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
just got word that layoffs are Feb. 6, 2013. heard from multiple reliable sources. They said if you have 4 or more incidents you are on the choping block and the rest will be performance based. Some people have already been "semi" notified" to soften the blow come wed. Yes heard the same as posts above, mainly second shift and restructuring and around 500 people in the temecula/murrieta locations.

Personally I am sick of directors and higher ups saying layoff's are not performance based but "business needs" when it's a flat out lie.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of the B.S. here, but don't want to just quit. I figure after all the crap I've put up with here, they OWE me a package!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Anonymous

Argue Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

No way man... You are key talent dumba$s !!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Amazing how they get around the WARN (EDD Layoff notices) by not laying off more than 500 and since 50 to 499 people is not 33% of its workforce, they do not have to notify EDD ahead of time like everyone else.
I tried looking to see if EDD had a notice of the rumored upcoming layoffs but there is nothing there.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/jobs_and_train...vices_warn.htm

http://www.edd.ca.gov/jobs_and_train...ddwarncn13.pdf
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

This is sad news Oh, man, I just renewed my subscription to Car & Driver and Time magazine.
What next?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

I heard they are hiring 1,000 new reps in the next month. A big rollout is coming.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Amazing how they get around the WARN (EDD Layoff notices) by not laying off more than 500 and since 50 to 499 people is not 33% of its workforce, they do not have to notify EDD ahead of time like everyone else.
I tried looking to see if EDD had a notice of the rumored upcoming layoffs but there is nothing there.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/jobs_and_train...vices_warn.htm

http://www.edd.ca.gov/jobs_and_train...ddwarncn13.pdf
Not true. The layoff doesn't officially occur until 60 days after the employee is notified. The employee is still on the payroll during that time, just doesn't have to come to work.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Anonymous

Crying Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

You guys are all dumb a$ses.... If you haven't been tapped on the shoulder by upper management, you are now expendable. If you fit this scenario, accept it and start look for a job so you when that time comes you are closer or possibly have a job lined up. Now if MotherAbbott has the layoffs on Wednesday, you are F@ck'd or are you one of the lucky ones.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Anonymous

boy, you get up awfully early to spew your bs
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
No way man... You are key talent dumba$s !!!!
God I hope not!!! I'm trying my best to be a drag, not talent! I'm so sick of the B.S. stroking in this place it makes me want to scream!!!! The writing is clearly on the walls that the plan is to close the Temecula facility, they just don't want all of the drones abandoning ship until they have everything transferred to Puerto Rico, Clonmel, and Costa Rica...I just don't want to be one of the last when they say "bye-bye, and by the way there's no package left."
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
intheknow34

The last post is sad but most likely true. They are moving the jobs overseas but of course the company would never say it publicly. They give some other half-true excuse about business when really they should just say they're trying to reduce labor costs. I know a supervisor there who was offered a chance to go train his replacements in Costa Rica about a year ago and he told them no.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of the B.S. here, but don't want to just quit. I figure after all the crap I've put up with here, they OWE me a package!!!
So is it happening today....
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheknow34 View Post
The last post is sad but most likely true. They are moving the jobs overseas but of course the company would never say it publicly. They give some other half-true excuse about business when really they should just say they're trying to reduce labor costs. I know a supervisor there who was offered a chance to go train his replacements in Costa Rica about a year ago and he told them no.
Your Super was an idiot. Ex-US experience on any resume, not just an internal one at ABT, is a huge Gold Star across the top, no matter what the position is.... it can always be polished on a resume. A night shift janitor in Costa Rica that sweeps floors can be a lead mentoring position for manufacturing engineers. It could double their salary when they return to US position, if they even want to come back
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
So is it happening today....
Nope...FDA is in Santa Clara so the layoffs are postponed until later this month....dammit!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Anonymous

heard some 50 people got cut at the Zevo facility, can someone confirm?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Anonymous

Party Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Well.... Were there any layoffs today???
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Anonymous

I haven't heard of any Temecula layoffs from my source yet. Based on what he told me it will be in Feb. though. Mostly the production line for the heart stents as I've said before. No idea on others impacted.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Anonymous

Still expecting the whole 2nd production line to go bye bye soon and some of those people will be moved to 1st shift. Not sure when.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Any news on the Temecula/Murrieta front????? Audits are over until mid-March so I expect the lay-offs that were suppose to happen two weeks ago are going to happen soon....Can anyone confirm?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Anonymous

On Wednesday my friend.

Source: Production manager
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
On Wednesday my friend.

Source: Production manager
Any idea how many and what departments will be affected?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

15-20% across most departments. Obviously production will take the beating with 2nd shift being axed

Ultimately, they are trying to get TEM down to around 1500 employees.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
15-20% across most departments. Obviously production will take the beating with 2nd shift being axed

Ultimately, they are trying to get TEM down to around 1500 employees.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is eating my soul...........
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Anonymous

leads were already asked to step down to an operator (keeping same pay) role to have emore flexability of movement.

The writing on the wall is either this week or the following. God help all those that will be affected and curse those making the decision.

I hear 2/20 is doomsday.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Anonymous

This place is sucking the soul out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just give me a package so I can be on my merry way!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Anonymous

Nervous Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
leads were already asked to step down to an operator (keeping same pay) role to have emore flexability of movement.

The writing on the wall is either this week or the following. God help all those that will be affected and curse those making the decision.

I hear 2/20 is doomsday.
Hearing that it may be Thursday too...two days of lay-offs???? Anyone???
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Anonymous this

Really peope! Get a grip! You have no contrd ol over these decisions, sitrd for a back relax, and dont work so hard for a soulless corporration that only cares about its top 10%. I say organize a show of force. work slow, screw production slowly.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Anonymous

Not happening', doesnt make sense to shut down 2nd shift...need that shift to ensure production can meet customer needs. However, with performance appraisals completed if u have a bad appraisal, you have a great chance of getting hit the next round of layoffs...it seems like every Wednesday is the day! Check the history and use that as your guide instead of going crazy every Wednesday....good luck

Regards
Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Anonymous

Last poster you are incorrect. 2nd shift is being cut and some people moved to 1st shift. I imagine they'll keep the best in both shifts and merge them into the 1st shift. A high level supervisor there told me this. He is from 2nd shift and has been told he's moving to 1st shift when the layoffs happen. Costa Rica is slowly ramping up and 2nd shift in Temecula is no longer needed. Outsourcing at its finest. Save probably millions of $ per year moving manf. out of the US. It was just a matter of time and I'm surprised it took this long. I don't know if it's happening today but I heard late Feb. Doubt it will be the last round either unless it's more than 500 people.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Anonymous

So no layoff in Temecula? I heard shipping department received a package from Corporate same as last layoff.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Anonymous

Who cares if there is a layoff, Abbott under pays amost all of us low end workers, making millions for miles, yet our year end bonuses go unannounced. Most who are layed off and are ready to commute a little farther see pay increase by 30-60%
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Anonymous

It is time to get this "bull...." done with. The stress levels are very high and people tried??? Let us know what is next so we can move forward!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Anonymous

Shoot! Nitonol was just told to go to the breezeway!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Anonymous

Just a bunch of rumors.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Anonymous

rumor I guess. But it comes from a supervisor on the production lines who's been there a long time so I trust it.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Anonymous

Cool Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
Shoot! Nitonol was just told to go to the breezeway!
There is nothing going on in the breezeway. Just full of sh**...
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Anonymous

Rolleyes Re: AV Temecula Layoffs

Quote:
There is nothing going on in the breezeway. Just full of sh**...
Like I said before...once they hear we know the date, they change it...Lay-offs are tomorrow 2/21
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Like I said before...once they hear we know the date, they change it...Lay-offs are tomorrow 2/21
thats what i hear too...
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Anonymous

I just heard late February because of a screwup involving paperwork/legal/government.
They wanted to do it late Jan.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Anonymous

It is tomorrow! I just confirmed. 8:00am at the breezway. Red is bad, Yellow is moving, green is staying.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Anonymous

ICE BERG RIGHT AHEAD!

AV Ship takes another big hit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: